*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

Are the posters/lithographs sold in sturdy poster tubes?

If not, I'd have to pass.

No, and to make things worse....I bought mine outside the venue in Detroit and the F'ers running security at the door wouldnt let me walk in with it.....said no signs or posters at the band's request....I politely tried to explain that I don't think they meant the F'ing $50 Lithos they were selling at the merch booth, but it didnt work.....then I was less polite!!!!  It was a long ass walk back to my car. 

2 hours ago, dsokolik said:

No, and to make things worse....I bought mine outside the venue in Detroit and the F'ers running security at the door wouldnt let me walk in with it.....said no signs or posters at the band's request....I politely tried to explain that I don't think they meant the F'ing $50 Lithos they were selling at the merch booth, but it didnt work.....then I was less polite!!!!  It was a long ass walk back to my car. 

Holy shit no way

Just now, gnfnrs1972 said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Yeah right!

You're laughing at me, but if it comes to England, I'm not there. It can fuck off. Bollocks. $50 for a t-shirt. No new album. A reunion yet two wankers who were not even in the original band. A greatest hits setlist. Load of cack. They can shove their lithographs and Nightrain memberships up their arses.

I'll still take the piss out of it and irate everybody here - don't worry about that, you've not got rid of me that easily haha

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

Anyone know what sizes they have at the venues? Hoping to get a 2X or 3X shirt when I go in July 

If online's anything to go by they should definitely have up to 2XL at least 

In fact if you look through all the pics in this thread I think you'll notice they even charge $5 more for 2XL over XL

17 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I don't think there's any denying this is a pure novelty / nostalgia act right now and Nightrain is a sham and waste of money.

That said, GN'R t-shirts have been $40 since 2002. 

No doubt, furthermore official merchandise at almost any concert Is ridiculously priced and always has been.

This thing is just so corporate and cash obsessed. I find it leaves a bitter taste. It is as if Guns have decided to become a museum piece. Axl shouldn't be a museum piece. He should be releasing new music, and trying to surpass his former music!

Get your VISA out and see this band before they die.

That is essentially what it boils down to.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

This thing is just so corporate and cash obsessed. I find it leaves a bitter taste. It is as if Guns have decided to become a museum piece. Axl shouldn't be a museum piece. He should be releasing new music, and trying to surpass his former music!

Get your VISA out and see this band before they die.

That is essentially what it boils down to.

It's show business.  If you don't want to spend your money on it that's understandable. They are cashing in on a 20 year feud that wasted all of their time and talent. Looks like it's working out for them so far. It surprised me cause I didn't think they would be able to sell out stadiums. 

6 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

It's show business.  If you don't want to spend your money on it that's understandable. They are cashing in on a 20 year feud that wasted all of their time and talent. Looks like it's working out for them so far. It surprised me cause I didn't think they would be able to sell out stadiums. 

Do they really need to charge such exorbitant prices and sell loads of tat, and could they not write a couple of new songs rather than cashing in on the past?

I never thought Guns would end up like this.

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You're laughing at me, but if it comes to England, I'm not there. It can fuck off. Bollocks. $50 for a t-shirt. No new album. A reunion yet two wankers who were not even in the original band. A greatest hits setlist. Load of cack. They can shove their lithographs and Nightrain memberships up their arses.

I'll still take the piss out of it and irate everybody here - don't worry about that, you've not got rid of me that easily haha

So you have privileged information that there will be no new music, despite Axl saying they're working on new stuff?

And how on earth are DTJ and Coma hits? And would you seriously expect them not to play songs like SCOM, Paradise City, etc? Good for them they've had so many hits they can do a 2 hour setlist with only hits, I guess.

While I do agree the merch is overpriced, I went to Tesla's  (MUCH smaller concert and less known band) concert on the same day as GnR on 04/09 and their shirts were U$35, while GnR's were U$40. I also saw The Wild Feathers on The Troubador (much much much smaller concert) two days before GnR and their shirts were U$30 as well. It really is all about cash, but not only with GnR, it's been the world we live for quite some time.

• Like 1

Do they really need to charge such exorbitant prices and sell loads of tat, and could they not write a couple of new songs rather than cashing in on the past?

This is what entertainment and events are in 2016, and it's how it's been for a long time. There's a reason parking will cost $35, and a beer inside the stadium will cost $12. Those have nothing to do with the band and everything to do with the fact that you're trapped and if you want something, you're gonna pay.  The tickets are way overpriced, but people are paying for it, aren't they?

About the new music and this being a nostalgia tour, you might be right and wrong at the same time. I'd like to believe they are cashing in as much as possible in 2016 with a stadium tour relying on the reunion aspect and past hits. Following this, I hope they release new music and do an arena tour supporting it. Who knows. But they've hinted at new music, and just about every rumor that's dropped so far has come to fruition. 

I actually don't mind the ticket prices being what they are (for the most part).  If you just want to be there, you can get a ticket in the $40s, which isn't bad at all.  If they priced the good seats a lot lower, they would have sold much faster, but more of those tickets would have been immediately listed on Stubhub, etc.  I'd rather see my money go to the band rather than scalpers and ticket brokers.

That being said, if they tour again a couple years, I won't be buying more $250+ tickets - even if there is new music.  

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I just didn't think it would be like this. There is no album out!! Why are they touring?

So inconsiderate of them not to ask you how you thought it would be...

So if they put an album out you'll forgive them?

They're touring because everyone (except for you) wants to see them together playing the stuff that made them the greatest rock band in the world at some point. This goes for those who didn't get a chance to see them in the 80s/90s cause they were too young (me) or those who were loucky enouvh to see them back in the day and wanna relive that kind of music that NO ONE makes nowadays.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Please read Slash's shirt

13524317_1097055353701765_6601028166087734629_n.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

So inconsiderate of them not to ask you how you thought it would be...

So if they put an album out you'll forgive them?

They're touring because everyone (except for you) wants to see them together playing the stuff that made them the greatest rock band in the world at some point. This goes for those who didn't get a chance to see them in the 80s/90s cause they were too young (me) or those who were loucky enouvh to see them back in the day and wanna relive that kind of music that NO ONE makes nowadays.

It is just nostalgia though. I've said it before but it is like Buffalo Bill's Wild West; people went to see this sorry spectacle to see the dying embers of America's Wild West before its key participants (the one's who survived its battles) were dead, poor old Sitting Bull, once proud warrior, paraded around the world like a mannequin, people gawping at him. People just go to see these things - same with the Stones - so they can say, ''I saw ___'' before all the participants die off. It is music as a museum piece, as exhibit. You get bummed up the arse on ticket prices. Get a signed VIP laminated lithograph for your wall. Get bummed up the arse on t-shirts. All this expensive tat I suppose will help you relive the memory. You see the hits. Come home. It is a vacuous exercise. There is no creativity or spontaneity there.

Compare it to somebody like Springsteen, Neil Young or Dylan, people who release new albums, change their setlists constantly, and play new material. 

Do you not remember a time when Rose was a songwriter? That was a nice time. Do you not remember the time he promised three albums? Heck, Slash released three albums in three years!

I honestly wouldn't see this charade.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just didn't think it would be like this. There is no album out!! Why are they touring?

I understand where you're coming from.  I think they are touring for one of the following two reasons:

1) Cash Grab - They saw the window closing to make a ton of money off of a reunion, so they swallowed their pride and made it happen in the name of $$$.

2) After 20 years of never reaching GNR levels of greatness individually, they genuinely regretted what happened and wanted to relive being in one of the greatest bands of all time.  A tour gives them a chance to do that, new music or not.  It might be the last hurrah and closure for everyone (Axl, Slash, and Duff, but also all of us), or maybe they're here to stay and will bring us a new album in the near future.

I'm betting on #2, and I doubt any of them know for sure what will happen after this tour.  They might be testing the waters to see how the world responds, how they get along with each other on the road, and if they are inspired to write new music that lives up to GNR standards.  Whatever the reasons, there was no chance in hell I was going to miss it.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is just nostalgia though. I've said it before but it is like Buffalo Bill's Wild West; people went to see this sorry spectacle to see the dying embers of America's Wild West before its key participants (the one's who survived its battles) were dead, poor old Sitting Bull, once proud warrior, paraded around the world like a mannequin, people gawping at him. People just go to see these things - same with the Stones - so they can say, ''I saw ___'' before all the participants die off. It is music as a museum piece, as exhibit. You get bummed up the arse on ticket prices. Get a signed VIP laminated lithograph for your wall. Get bummed up the arse on t-shirts. All this expensive tat I suppose will help you relive the memory. You see the hits. Come home. It is a vacuous exercise. There is no creativity or spontaneity there.

Compare it to somebody like Springsteen, Neil Young or Dylan, people who release new albums, change their setlists constantly, and play new material. 

Do you not remember a time when Rose was a songwriter? That was a nice time. Do you not remember the time he promised three albums? Heck, Slash released three albums in three years!

I honestly wouldn't see this charade.

I does feel like a nostalgia tour right now, for the most part.  I'm not a musician, but I imagine it took Slash and Duff some time to relearn some of the old songs and get comfortable playing with the new band members.  Additionally, they reworked some of the Chinese Democracy songs with new solos by Slash, which is pseudo-new music in my view.  I think it's too much to expect that they would have been working on new music and had it ready to roll out in front of an audience by now, especially with the expectations involved.  I'm going to enjoy this tour for what it is right now and worry about new music later.

• Like 1