*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

39 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The boxset has clearly been an unmitigated disaster however you care to look at it, to have to resort to opening them all up and selling off the material separately. They charged an extortionate amount and built too many of the things.  

I agree. The whole thing was so stupid, especially those ridiculous unboxing videos.

2 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Sorry mate. Been patiently waiting for this day since they announced that stupid box. Plus you get a red AFD cassette and a whiskey glass within each bundle. Looks like mine are arriving Monday. The price is actually pretty reasonable. 

I’m honestly surprised this wasn’t a Record Store Day exclusive. Although they probably would make more $ selling direct to fan. 

By July they will probably start tearing the crosses off of the box and start selling those. That will be the final coffin 

I am happy for all you guys who have been patient and made a good deal with the box after the priced dropped or with the current bundles.

I have been such an idiot to invest my hard earned money on the box on day one. Well, shit happens.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Pre ordered the new GNR Christmas sweater! Hope it's cold enough in Dallas for me to wear it!  It's on their official website shop. Looks very cool!

You get free GNR stickers when you pre-order. It gets shipped on December 1

It might come in a gnr laundry bag as well.

57 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm really bummed for the people that got fucked over. 

The only thing that I'm hoping for is that something good comes out of this and the UYI set (assuming one happens) is way more fairly priced to begin with. 

EXACTLY - CD, Unreleased tracks and live DVD. Nothing else thank you 

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Pre ordered the new GNR Christmas sweater! Hope it's cold enough in Dallas for me to wear it!  It's on their official website shop. Looks very cool!

You get free GNR stickers when you pre-order. It gets shipped on December 1

Which year? 

7 hours ago, WildStar said:

EXACTLY - CD, Unreleased tracks and live DVD. Nothing else thank you 

Which year? 

"EXACTLY - CD, Unreleased tracks and live DVD. Nothing else thank you "

I want remastered cds, live dvd, and will admit a couple of shirts depending on the art( bad apples , pretty tied up and dust n bones tiedye shirt).

Fernando, the illusions anniversary means alot to fans, please dont fuck it up.

11 hours ago, soon said:

I really want the red cassette, mostly just to offend the sensibilities of Gen Xers who seem to loathe cassettes :lol:

Cassettes are shit.   At least records are big and cool looking.

Cassettes sound like shit, and look like shit.  They're nothing "cool" or "chic" about them.  The artwork is also tiny and cropped.   God, I can't believe there's anyone out there that thinks cassettes are cool.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Cassettes sound like shit, and look like shit.  They're nothing "cool" or "chic" about them.  The artwork is also tiny and cropped.   God, I can't believe there's anyone out there that thinks cassettes are cool.

Haha, my plan worked!! :lol:

On 11/23/2019 at 3:12 AM, estrangedtwat said:

Cassettes have some sort of resurgence happening and I just don't understand it. A couple of years back, people were claiming that cassettes would have a comeback as big as vinyl... Lol no. 

The AFD cassette is just another example of GNR being a day late and a dollar short, so now they have to literally give it away. 

22 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

They were way better than those horrible 8 track cassettes. What were they thinking?

8 tracks at least have an interesting history. The format was created by the automotive industry. The tapes themselves were awful with way too many drawbacks, but the history of them is at least interesting. 

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Cassettes have some sort of resurgence happening and I just don't understand it. A couple of years back, people were claiming that cassettes would have a comeback as big as vinyl... Lol no. 

The AFD cassette is just another example of GNR being a day late and a dollar short, so now they have to literally give it away. 

8 tracks at least have an interesting history. The format was created by the automotive industry. The tapes themselves were awful with way too many drawbacks, but the history of them is at least interesting. 

8 tracks have a thicker tape than cassettes and better sound but yes, there are a lot of drawbacks as you mentioned (the splitting of tracks being the most irritating). Another cool thing about them is the time they were prominent is a time that space age design was really popular, so there are some really cool 8 track players, like the weltron 2001, the panasonic "TNT" plunger, etc....

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 2:38 PM, DieselDaisy said:

The boxset has clearly been an unmitigated disaster however you care to look at it, to have to resort to opening them all up and selling off the material separately. They charged an extortionate amount and built too many of the things.  

The band had little to do with the box set. That was the label. But, it was definitely poor execution. 10,000 is a silly amount. Should have been something like 1,987 of them made, and it needed live concert footage. Ah, duck it, you’re correct. What a shit product. 

The Maxfield stuff is up. Some jackets, shirts, pins and hats. The one Axl skull shirt is sort of cool but doesn’t say GNR anywhere. All a pass for me. Was hoping for that LA Dodgers AFD shirt. 

Separately, there Is now a limited set of lithos of live shots + 3 LA 2017 Buhler lithos (zoomed into the faces)

7 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

$342 postage to the UK- more than the box costs! 

There never seem to be any good deals on it in the UK.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah same for Argentina. It's only worth it if you are in the US, they even get free shipping on that deal! 

Edit: Actually not, the free shipping is not applicable to any products over $200.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

No, it's always only US. I'm tempted to get the Deluxe. That's the only one I ever considered. It's now down to 72 EUR. I know it's just 50 in the US, but with taxes and shipping it costs me a lot more.

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Yeah same for Argentina. It's only worth it if you are in the US, they even get free shipping on that deal!

Pretty annoying really, as I'd probably bite at that price otherwise.......

We need kind US people to come on holiday to our countries and bring the box with them! 

• Haha 2