*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

5 minutes ago, nambis said:

They are not insinuating they want Trump to die of Covid.  They're commenting on Trump's position that the economy should re-open despite the pandemic, which will put tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of lives at risk.  He toured a mask factory with "Live n' Let Die" playing in the background, which is ironic because that's basically his attitude.  I can't believe people here don't get that.

Totally get it. They shouldn’t be making $ off of this and if you’re going to try, at least make a better shirt 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yep. All for what? To put something on a t-shirt that was probably a stupid joke amongst them and *hopefully* sell 10 or so of them? 

Without sounding dramatic,  I'm kind of speechless. You can tell they couldn't see the forest for the trees on this one.

What happens if you are a Guns fan and you've been affected by the virus - lost your job/business, had a family or friend pass, etc.

I can't see that shirt making you feel good.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

As I said relating to the posting of the setlist of 2006 show.

"Can't believe what I see. How can you fuckin manage so bad."

Decided to post this quote everytime  Nando does some stupid shit. 

This is second time. 

Edited by Kranich

I hate Trump and the GOP but I think that shirt is absolutely horrible. Really shitty and in poor taste. Fucking idiot band.

If you idiots want to make a difference, how about you let the thousands of people with concert tickets get a refund?

Unreal

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Totally get it. They shouldn’t be making $ off of this and if you’re going to try, at least make a better shirt 

This ^^^^^^ and this:

Just now, FuriousStyles said:

Without sounding dramatic,  I'm kind of speechless. You can tell they couldn't see the forest for the trees on this one.

What happens if you are a Guns fan and you've been affected by the virus - lost your job/business, had a family or friend pass, etc.

I can't see that shirt making you feel good.

The shirt is tasteless and does a whole hell of a lot more than just attempt to capitalize on what happened with Trump and the song. It makes the band look like their trying to make a quick buck off the virus, which they absolutely are. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, chinese stew said:

Man, I really hope I get my money back from my ticket. Done with this ridiculous organization...it's not even a band.

Its a poorly ran conglomorate that offers nostalgia with its key employee, Slash back. Since this business won't iffer new music, the only possible product they could offer me is a choreographed Broadway-like live show. I got a great version of that several times 4 years ago, and a decent version 3 years ago. That product diminishes every year with a poor singer. Now, this company has nothing to offer but emnbarresment. 

• Like 1

Just now, mazifin96 said:

The money going to charity is the only way Guns is going to look any good doing this... God I would really love to like this band. But its pretty impossible these days...

That would certainly be a step in the right direction. 

If Axl really wanted to make a difference with his views, he should put out some passionate and angry music. Not cheap, shitty merchandise

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I am absolutely in to pitch in for this on one condition: that we model it after this ad-

Use the same font on the shirt as the commercial. 

The syllables for "Other bands do....what Fernandon't" would fit juuuuust fine! :lol:

Let's do it and, unlike the band, we can donate all the proceeds to various COVID Relief funds! Slap it right back at them. :lol:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

The profits going to hospitals would be about the only redeeming thing to emerge from that embarrassing shirt. If that is the case, they could just about salvage something from it.

Doesn’t say anything about charity or proceeds 

1 minute ago, mazifin96 said:

The money going to charity is the only way Guns is going to look any good doing this... God I would really love to like this band. But its pretty impossible these days...

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

The profits going to hospitals would be about the only redeeming thing to emerge from that embarrassing shirt. If that is the case, they could just about salvage something from it.

That's the ONLY way they'll come out of this looking OK. They need to retroactively mention that all proceeds from the shirt will go to COVID related charities. 

Just now, James Bond said:

Let's do it and, unlike the band, we can donate all the proceeds to various COVID Relief funds! Slap it right back at them. :lol:

Holy shit, that would be awesome haha. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I am absolutely in to pitch in for this on one condition: that we model it after this ad-

Use the same font on the shirt as the commercial. 

The syllables for "Other bands do....what Fernandon't" would fit juuuuust fine! :lol:

Do a front and back

G side: Gunsdon’t

R side: Fernandon’t 

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

That would certainly be a step in the right direction. 

If Axl really wanted to make a difference with his views, he should put out some passionate and angry music. Not cheap, shitty merchandise

But many here have said they will stop listening to GNR if Axl releases anti-Trump music. I don't believe them, but it's a bit more risky to put something like that in music than in merchandise.

13 minutes ago, nambis said:

They are not insinuating they want Trump to die of Covid.  They're commenting on Trump's position that the economy should re-open despite the pandemic, which will put tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of lives at risk.  He toured a mask factory with "Live n' Let Die" playing in the background, which is ironic because that's basically his attitude.  I can't believe people here don't get that.

That they would even dare make money off a global catastrophe in the form of commercial goods- regardless or whatever political stance they're opining with is low hanging fruit.

Save that for a ten minute concert rant. That's fine and welcomed. The tshirt was not.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

They need to retroactively mention that all proceeds from the shirt will go to COVID related charities. 

that would be ok, but with a different kind of 'message'... just write "f**k off covid" or "get in the ring covid" or something else...

as it is it's just embarrassing by any point of view imo

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

They're not trying to make money off it, they're making a commentary on the mismanagement of the pandemic.

• Haha 3

Just now, nambis said:

They're not trying to make money off it, they're making a commentary on the mismanagement of the pandemic.

Haha right, which is why they're selling a t-shirt. This couldn't possibly have been something Axl tweeted for free, right? Selling a t-shirt and them making money off of it is just some sort of unavoidable circumstance?