*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

18 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

I hate to keep making posts here but what's the timer for? Another poorly designed piece of shit...I mean merch?

(Serious question though, what is the timer for?)

What timer?

Oh... I saw it now. I guess that's the time the t-shirt will be for sale.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

25 minutes ago, registra said:

Haven't seen myself, but what sort of backlash? People criticizing the anti-trump messages or people criticizing the general tastelessness?  

The majority of the comments on fb are along the lines of wtf is this/what does it mean/what "45" stands for.

The critical comments are mostly either about the shirt being in bad taste or generally about the band/TB releasing only merch etc.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

The majority of the comments on fb are along the lines of wtf is this/what does it mean/what "45" stands for.

The critical comments are mostly either about the shirt being in bad taste or generally about the band/TB releasing only merch etc.

I didn’t get the 45 reference. I’m assuming it’s because of that video. I think Trump is hilarious but the shirt is cool. And nobody would get the reference at all. 

3 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I didn’t get the 45 reference. I’m assuming it’s because of that video. I think Trump is hilarious but the shirt is cool. And nobody would get the reference at all. 

About 45 reference, someone linked in GNR facebook "The Urbane dictionary", there is the reference about Trump.

6 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Yeah, the 45 reference is hard to get unless one is familiar with US politics (the media that have reported it so far got it).

I didn't know there was an entry on urban dictionary:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=COVID-45

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Team Brazil is the worst, sure. But Axl, Slash and Duff are responsible in the end. The let all of this happen because of greed, lazyness, ignorance and/ or because they don't care.

Duff also posted it to his Instagram stories. And I think I saw an Instagram ad for it too

2 hours ago, Spuffy78 said:

Now we've done it. Tour for another ten years and no new album.

Maybe the next tour will be called COVID-45 World Tour. If it get Axl spitting fire and dedicating Double Talking Jive to Trump, I am in!

In all seriousness, I hate trump as much as the next person who pays attention, but this is in poor taste in my book.  There are classier and more effective ways to help others out 

Simply disgusting shirt/message. This band can t be taken serious any more. So they decided to remove "One in a million" cause they are politically correct now :lol: and then release a covid shirt with "Live and Let die" while Corona killed worldwide more people than a war?

They could have put "Patience"  or "Don t cry" on it if charity was their intention. IF

Pathetic. Fernando is a total loser but the other ones are on the same level if no one of the band stands up against this bullshit. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, EricA said:

For the first time i'm somewhat embrassed to be a fan of this band.

I hope they asked Paul if it's ok to use his song for a shitty shirt, if not, he should file a lawsuit.

I hope he does sue them. I am embarrassed too to be a fan. Disgusting what they have become

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Some of you guys make me laugh, as if anybody in this band ever gave a fuck about what anybody thought.  Maybe you guys haven't been paying attention the last 30 years 🤔 but this band has never shied away from expressing their opinions, and clearly everybody in the band is strongly against Trump.  

Also fuck Trump.

The people who also say leave the politics out of music also make me laugh, as if politics haven't been in music for well, forever.  I'm proud of the guys for standing up for what they believe in and not hiding away like some pansy ass pussies afraid to let their voice be heard.  

If shipping wasn't 10 bucks I would consider getting this shirt 

Well said mate.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Some of you guys make me laugh, as if anybody in this band ever gave a fuck about what anybody thought.  Maybe you guys haven't been paying attention the last 30 years 🤔 but this band has never shied away from expressing their opinions, and clearly everybody in the band is strongly against Trump.  

Also fuck Trump.

The people who also say leave the politics out of music also make me laugh, as if politics haven't been in music for well, forever.  I'm proud of the guys for standing up for what they believe in and not hiding away like some pansy ass pussies afraid to let their voice be heard.  

If shipping wasn't 10 bucks I would consider getting this shirt 

So you would waste your money on a poorly timed shirt to “own the trumpets?” 

Shirt probably took 6 minutes to “make”

10 minutes ago, nambis said:

Well said mate.

what the shirt says is "live and let die" covid 45.

That s not standing up for anything!!!! the shirt refers to covid and basically means some live some die. 

the trump thing is an inside joke. they present to the public a shirt with covid "live and let die" on it. a virus that killed hundreds thousands people. some were lucky enough to survive... and then they have to read a disgusting thing like that... come on...

trump is an idiot but GNR as well aftee this. They could have released a shirt with "fuck trump" or "fuck 45..."

3 minutes ago, Natty said:

what the shirt says is "live and let die" covid 45.

That s not standing up for anything!!!! the shirt refers to covid and basically means some live some die. 

the trump thing is an inside joke. they present to the public a shirt with covid "live and let die" on it. a virus that killed hundreds thousands people. some were lucky enough to survive... and then they have to read a disgusting thing like that... come on...

trump is an idiot but GNR as well aftee this. They could have released a shirt with "fuck trump" or "fuck 45..."

That would have been worse imo.