*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Even if he does get on occasionally, his management/marketing team will have his password to post things like this. 

Yep exactly.

The spin article I was especially astonished when LeBron James [got told to shut up and dribble after criticizing Trump]—I’d heard of that. I was off of social media by this point, but I read about it. … 

Slash, who seems to be 100% in charge of his social media has not posted it for comparison. 

If he were to post it, say today or tomorrow, I can see it being an after thought. Like someone had to tell him about new GNR merch that was just printed up. 

If he doesn't post it at all, I'll find that to be more telling than not. 

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, vloors said:

Pretty sure it was said in a interview Duff doesnt use social media and has someone/promo person that does it for him.

Ok, so then let me change my wording from, "seems to care" to "HAS to care" if it's posted by a third party in his name. in either way, it's no excuse for me, to promote that thing.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Slash, who seems to be 100% in charge of his social media has no posted it for comparison 

and i hope he will stay away from it any further.

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I liked Axl's comments on Twitter, but to commodify them on T-Shirts trying to capitalize monetarily on it is just tacky

It isn't as tacky as a Trump Hotel, but it is right up there

It says 100% of sales are being donated to charity.

I'll take a relevant, politically active band over living off of the successes of the late 80s in 2020. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, adamwolff11 said:

I'll take a relevant, politically active band over living off of the successes of the late 80s in 2020. 

Sorry, are you saying GNR AREN'T living off the successes of the late 80s in 2020? 

If so, that would be absolutely hilarious..........

If Guns wants to be "relevant" and "politically active" then why not release a kickass new song and send all the proceeds to charity instead of this afterthought of a t-shirt?

But I guess nothing says "we're still a badass rock band" than the latest piece of shitty merchandise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Some of you guys make me laugh, as if anybody in this band ever gave a fuck about what anybody thought.  Maybe you guys haven't been paying attention the last 30 years 🤔 but this band has never shied away from expressing their opinions, and clearly everybody in the band is strongly against Trump.  

Also fuck Trump.

The people who also say leave the politics out of music also make me laugh, as if politics haven't been in music for well, forever.  I'm proud of the guys for standing up for what they believe in and not hiding away like some pansy ass pussies afraid to let their voice be heard.  

If shipping wasn't 10 bucks I would consider getting this shirt 

You really missed the point. I had a whole lot of points typed but then deleted them because you honestly wouldn’t get it anyway. 

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Sorry, are you saying GNR AREN'T living off the successes of the late 80s in 2020? 

If so, that would be absolutely hilarious..........

No lol I’m saying that’s exactly what they’ve done for the last 20 years, so even engaging in a situation that’s current and acknowledges that HW Bush isn’t still President is an improvement.

1 minute ago, adamwolff11 said:

No lol I’m saying that’s exactly what they’ve done for the last 20 years, so even engaging in a situation that’s current and acknowledges that HW Bush isn’t still President is an improvement.

Ah, got you! 

Yeah me too, totally.

17 minutes ago, adamwolff11 said:

Guns N' Roses is only relevant now because of the reunion tour, which is the very essence of living off of the successes fo the late 80's.

6 minutes ago, James Bond said:

If Guns wants to be "relevant" and "politically active" then why not release a kickass new song and send all the proceeds to charity instead of this afterthought of a t-shirt?

But I guess nothing says "we're still a badass rock band" than the latest piece of shitty merchandise.

Well, yeah. That's what they should do. Especially considering they've gotten some coverage lately with this sort of stuff. What's the 2020 version of Civil War?

Obviously this requires significantly less effort from Axl, so it can actually happen. IMO better than a children's book, significantly worse than producing new music. 

• Like 1

I just realized they released a T-shirt last week for mothers day. 

are we in an era that sees them release a t-shirt every week from here to eternity? 

i know self proclaimed fashion-god rappers who havent released that many limited edition t-shirts in the last couple of months. Especially during a pandemic.

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I just realized they released a T-shirt last week for mothers day. 

are we in an era that sees them release a t-shirt every week from here to eternity? 

i know self proclaimed fashion-god rappers who havent released that many limited edition t-shirts in the last couple of months. Especially during a pandemic.

I think it's just easy now in an era where anyone can make merch. If I want I could have a site at Redbubble or countless others,  knock something up in photoshop and only what sells ever gets printed.

I assume GNR have a similar arrangement on a larger scale for LTD ed and seasonal stuff. Or if they don't they should - no-one wants boxes of the stuff lying around for years. :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

While have ample free time and being filthy rich in the present. Yeah, marvelous is exactly the word. 

Marvelous for the bands bank accounts.

Boring as hell for fans that don't want to pretend it's 1988 and prefer a band to make music.  

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Stupid statement. The shirt doesn't suck because it's political, but because it's just bad. Whoever says don't mix music with politics is either a moron and/or a right wing scumbag. Every music is political - unless you sing about useless shit like pop singers do.

Edited by StayofExecution2020
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Stupid statement. The shirt doesn't suck because it's political, but because it's just bad. Whoever says don't mix music with politics is either a moron and/or a right wing scumbag. Every music is political - unless you sing about useless shit like pop singers do.

Oh i think its stupid too, I just found it funny he took the time to type that tweet out 

10 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

WTF?

They can do a new SHITTY T-shirt out of no where but releasing even a one new song is bad for the business?

Haven't you heard? No-one is listening to music during lockdowns, but they are ordering huge numbers of low-quality t-shirts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3