All clips/recordings of Paradise City from the 2016 'Not in This Lifetime' Tour can be posted here.

On 4/21/2016 at 5:42 PM, Harry Sunrise said:

I keep trying to find something to change my mind.. This didn't do it.. 

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I keep trying to find something to change my mind.. This didn't do it.. 

Talking about the drumming again?

I like the drumming, speed is set by slash on this song, so it's not Franks fault. What bothers me though are two other things. Axls voice and that he sings over slashs solo on the intro.

5 hours ago, Harry Sunrise said:

Talking about the drumming again?

I like the drumming, speed is set by slash on this song, so it's not Franks fault. What bothers me though are two other things. Axls voice and that he sings over slashs solo on the intro.

I don't love the drumming but it is Axl that ruins this one.  He doesn't sound good at all and I agree that it is annoyingwhen he sings over Slash's intro solo. And he sounds awful doing it.  I also wish Axl would let Slash jam out for a awhile longer at the end before he comes back in with his vocals to close the song out.

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't love the drumming but it is Axl that ruins this one.  He doesn't sound good at all and I agree that it is annoyingwhen he sings over Slash's intro solo. And he sounds awful doing it.  I also wish Axl would let Slash jam out for a awhile longer at the end before he comes back in with his vocals to close the song out.

Those are my two biggest gripes with it - Axl singing over the intro solos and messing up the whistle, and Slash not getting to solo longer. I guess it's no shorter than the UYI tour versions but I can't help but feel that a couple more reps would be nice.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Axl has always sung over that solo part with NU GNR.  He has at least when I saw him live. I remember him doing it in 2002 in boston and for a lot of that tour. No? 

I listened to some OF the PC versions from 2002 2008 2010 etc and he sings over that part half of the time from the ones I viewed.  It is weird listening to those versions because  they sound like they are playing in slow motion.  Can't believe how fast they are playing the songs now especially PC. 

Edited by gnfnr2k

4 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

I remember him doing it in 2002 in boston and for a lot of that tour. No? 

No idea.. I erased that show and band from my memory