Dramatic postcount drop?

username

5 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Don't worry Use', as you know everything shrinks with age :D 

Tell me about it! :( 

10 hours ago, username said:

Just noticed my post-count being just over 6000. Used to be well over 20.000. 

What happened? 

Good question! Ehm... At least when Subsy rose to power. Probably after too. But I don't know an exact timeframe. 
Might it have something to do with HV having re-attached all my old posts at some point? That was around that time too and it worked. 

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

Your small post-count is hilarious. I can't take you seriously anymore.

Nobody has for years, it's a matter of principal. 

Edited by username

10 hours ago, username said:

Just noticed my post-count being just over 6000. Used to be well over 20.000. 

What happened? 

It might have something to do with the fact that we moved a significant portion of the forum behind private sections of the forum.  We had our Adsense account suspended for content that violated their terms of services, so we moved any post created between 2002 and 2012 to a private section of the forum and have slowly begun to move stuff back as we get a chance to review it.  We're still going through this process so as we bring more back to public view you might see your post count restored.  

If that's not the cause, i'm out of ideas.

52 minutes ago, downzy said:

It might have something to do with the fact that we moved a significant portion of the forum behind private sections of the forum.  We had our Adsense account suspended for content that violated their terms of services, so we moved any post created between 2002 and 2012 to a private section of the forum and have slowly begun to move stuff back as we get a chance to review it.  We're still going through this process so as we bring more back to public view you might see your post count restored.  

So you're saying that roughly two thirds of username's posts contained some form of filth? Well he is Dutch I suppose. :lol:

• Like 4

On 15 april 2016 at 8:30 AM, downzy said:

I don't think it is. I definitely still had it after you guys locked a lot of the posts away. I think I might be missing about 20.000. 

I think I know what happened @username.

A large portion of the pre-2006 forum was removed years ago - by Eric when he had problems with the board performance. Most of it was AG posts IIRC but we're going back further than I really recall to be honest.

What downzy did (archive a ton of stuff) was different because the posts are still in the board database. 

Anyway, it didn't affect anybody's post count until we upgraded to 4.x and all the post statistics were "rebuilt". The posts had been gone for years by this point. 

An admin can boost your post count manually again if it's bugging you.

• Like 1

On 17-4-2016 at 7:08 AM, highvoltage said:

I think I know what happened @username.

A large portion of the pre-2006 forum was removed years ago - by Eric when he had problems with the board performance. Most of it was AG posts IIRC but we're going back further than I really recall to be honest.

What downzy did (archive a ton of stuff) was different because the posts are still in the board database. 

Anyway, it didn't affect anybody's post count until we upgraded to 4.x and all the post statistics were "rebuilt". The posts had been gone for years by this point. 

An admin can boost your post count manually again if it's bugging you.

Cheers Christopher! :) 

Well, obviously it's a gigantic tribute to all the hours, days, weeks, months and years that I wasted here. So for sentimental value - yes I'd love that. But if it's just an estimate it'd feel like a big fat lie anyway. I think I was somewhere And if it's actually rebuilt I doubt you can query it from the database now to see what it was before the upgrade. 

Still, a bit sad though. :( 

I think I mentioned my 20000th or 25000th somewhere in the general thoughts thread. As a database developer I really wist I could just use a TOAD client on the mygnrforum database. :lol: 

But since I have no life I did manage to find this!

This was my 22.223rd post. So technically this one plus all the newer ones would be the correct number. :ph34r:

Besides, did I already tell you how amazing you are today? And handsome too... I really don't do that often enough... 

Edited by username

1 hour ago, username said:

Cheers Christopher! :) 

Well, obviously it's a gigantic tribute to all the hours, days, weeks, months and years that I wasted here. So for sentimental value - yes I'd love that. But if it's just an estimate it'd feel like a big fat lie anyway. I think I was somewhere And if it's actually rebuilt I doubt you can query it from the database now to see what it was before the upgrade. 

Still, a bit sad though. :( 

I think I mentioned my 20000th or 25000th somewhere in the general thoughts thread. As a database developer I really wist I could just use a TOAD client on the mygnrforum database. :lol: 

But since I have no life I did manage to find this!

This was my 22.223rd post. So technically this one plus all the newer ones would be the correct number. :ph34r:

Besides, did I already tell you how amazing you are today? And handsome too... I really don't do that often enough... 

You're right - I can't rebuild your true post count since those old posts themselves are gone.

But with that screenshot, a query says you've made 1029 posts since that 22223rd. So you should be at 23252 right now.

• 2 months later...

The same thing has happened to me as well. My post count was well above 11,000 (I do not remember the exact number), but it's now 6,389. I hit 10,000 around the time Chinese Democracy hit shelves (2008), which would explain why this has happened to me as well. High, you think you can rebuild my true post count (or something close to it)?

4 hours ago, IndiannaRose said:

The same thing has happened to me as well. My post count was well above 11,000 (I do not remember the exact number), but it's now 6,389. I hit 10,000 around the time Chinese Democracy hit shelves (2008), which would explain why this has happened to me as well. High, you think you can rebuild my true post count (or something close to it)?

@highvoltage

• 11 months later...
On 6/24/2016 at 11:52 PM, IndiannaRose said:

Can someone help me address this issue? Highvoltage is no longer a moderator. 

• 1 month later...