05/10/16 - Seville, Spain - Estadio De La Cartuja

downzy

30 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

If Axl came out sounding like that today people would go ballistic about how bad he sounds lol. His voice is completely shot in this show.

Indeed, but apparently the bleeding throat sound was cool back then.. :shrugs:

Edited by MrSoftie

49 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

If Axl came out sounding like that today people would go ballistic about how bad he sounds lol. His voice is completely shot in this show.

He had a serious cold at the time...for one.

I won't mention any names, but I guarantee there are some on this forum that feel this is his best vocal performance...I'm talking about those that don't understand lack of rasp does NOT equate to Mickey voice.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 2

On 5/9/2016 at 8:25 AM, tajandreas said:

If anyone happens to run into Axl, please: ask about new music.

On 5/9/2016 at 8:32 PM, The Archer said:

And just to be sure, please be specific and ask him about new music with Guns N' Roses!

Guns N' who? :rofl-lol:

yeah well that's a red-light. they (all) better come up with some new material, and soon. and they have their most prolific author sitting idle somewhere in Indiana, beats me...

33 minutes ago, Colossus of Rhodes said:

yeah well that's a red-light. they (all) better come up with some new material, and soon. and they have their most prolific author sitting idle somewhere in Indiana, beats me...

Izzy lives an hour or two from Los Angeles.

37 minutes ago, Colossus of Rhodes said:

Their most prolific writer died...Wes Arkeen 

14 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Izzy lives an hour or two from Los Angeles.

right. anyway, there is always the way to fix the problem, like Angus did...

I think that situation is like a self-fulfilled prophecy. I mean when they were kids they would just hang around, someone would come up with something,
and let's do it - they didn't ask anyone for a fuckin' permission! who cares if it's not grandiose and epic just cut a song, work on it latter.
with all the success of AFD and Illusions, it's like a burden, a monument.

2 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

This is an awesome performance in every sense.

Axls voice could be shot (or whatever you wanna call it) but thats not what really matters here.

What matters is that this is one of the very last shows where Axl sings LOOSE.

Few months after this Axl started using some sort of vocal coaching techniques that COMPLETELY CHANGED HIS SINGING.

He gave an interview on MTV explaining it. He said he had to relearn how to sing in a whole different way because if he didnt do that he would damage his voice completely.

This new way of singing can be seen on pretty much the entire 1992-1993 tour. Its a CONTROLLED way of singing that completely removed the reckless/insane/animalesque element of Axl singing.

When you combine that with the fact that Axl didnt really wanna tour (or a least he didnt wanna do the tour the way the tour was shaped) and the fact that the band was falling apart at the times...

What you get is that Axl seems to be ON AUTOPILOT on the majority of the 1992-1993 tour with a few exceptions here and there.

If you look close, his whole onstage body language also changed drastically at the same time that he changed his singing vocal approach, probably as a reflexion/consequence of his new singing ways.

The thing is that Axl never went back to his old reckless way of singing (and moving) onstage.

Because that would probably destroy his voice permanently.

To me, thats one of the very last shows where Axl is LOOSE.

His voice may be all fucked up, it certainly gets worse at each song during the show, and it really seems like his throat is gonna be torn apart at any minute.

But Axl is LOOSE, UNRESTRAINED, and he somehow still makes whatever is left of his voice sound absolutely terrific

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

• Like 1