06/09/16 - Manchester, England - Etihad Stadium

downzy

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, bangit said:

Nice one, i got mine on Stubhub when it was announced. Any ideas of good pubs nearby the etihad? Never been before. 

I went there during the Rugby world cup.  The Etihad is a little out of the way from most pubs etc but there was one (i think it was a pub) directly opposite the entrance gates.  It could be a club though, we were late getting there so i had no time to explore.  The booze prices at the stadium are typically crazy and they ran out of food and drink just after half time.  The service was shambolic!

13 hours ago, bangit said:

Nice one, i got mine on Stubhub when it was announced. Any ideas of good pubs nearby the etihad? Never been before. 

Don't bother with pubs near the stadium. Just go into the city centre for a few and jump on the tram direct to the stadium when it's time for the show. I'd be happy to recommend a bunch of cool boozers in town for you. 

Edited by Dazey

21 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Don't bother with pubs near the stadium. Just go into the city centre for a few and jump on the tram direct to the stadium when it's time for the show. If be happy to recommend a bunch of cool boozers in town for you. 

Canal Street?

On 5/5/2016 at 7:20 AM, Dazey said:

Don't bother with pubs near the stadium. Just go into the city centre for a few and jump on the tram direct to the stadium when it's time for the show. I'd be happy to recommend a bunch of cool boozers in town for you. 

Recommend away!

Normally head down deansgate prior to gigs at the MEN. Been to see loads there before including GNR, Rammstein, Motley Crue etc.. but never been to the etihad. 

Arriving by train into Piccadilly mid afternoon.. big session, then late train back to Sheffield. 

Bring it on!

• 3 weeks later...

Can GnR fill the Etihad?  I suppose it's not NuGnR...bit of a fuckin' jump though innit, Etihads gotta be like, what, 60,000?  Fair jump from the NuGnR arena shows.

EDIT: Pardon my galoshes, that says AXL/DC.

Edited by Len B'stard

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Can GnR fill the Etihad?  I suppose it's not NuGnR...bit of a fuckin' jump though innit, Etihads gotta be like, what, 60,000?  Fair jump from the NuGnR arena shows.

It's AC/DC you fucking plum! :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

No one wants to sell tickets for a score Dies', you'll end up with the working class showing up and nobody wants that.

DC when they started out were meant to be a working class band, all jeans and lyrics about going to the pub.