When a video becomes available, hopefully it can be posted here.

Not bad. He played the later part in the beginning and kinda fucked up, but did a fine job from then on out. Damn closer to the original than I ever thought he'd ever pursue. Nice.

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

I'd be interested to hear what Slash does with it :)

Ah, Len you creep me out when you take an interest in GNR. Go back to the Off Topic forums where you belong. ;)

• Like 4

That was actually quite good, i enjoyed that.

18 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Ah, Len you creep me out when you take an interest in GNR. Go back to the Off Topic forums where you belong. ;)

It's either this or Dot Cottons fanny, make a choice :lol:

Just now, Len B'stard said:

That was actually quite good, i enjoyed that.

It's either this or Dot Cottons fanny, make a choice :lol:

Dot Cottons fanny everytime.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Sounds pretty darn good! The band is on fire! 

Really enjoyed that :headbang:

I think that with more time and attempts for Slash it will sound much better. I like the direction he's going with it. His lead style clearly fits the chord progressions of the Chinese tunes. Better's verse progression might be too slow for him though. Chinese sounds the best so far with Slash imo, followed closely by This I love and Twat.

It's a trip listening to Slash doing 4 Chinese tunes.

• Like 2

Great solo by Slash.... why did these guys break up? :(

They are so good together.... and Axl's voice is good on this one. Song sounds less bloated, maybe CD does need a remix? 

• Like 1

once again...axl's voice is great in it. but slashs solo is too sloppy/improvised again. fincks solo was great. in this case slash should just cover it with a good portion of himself. i'm not convinced with slashs solos on cd material so far. i miss the structre. but then again...its not his song...so....

Not bad, thought this was Slash's best attempt at a CD solo. Good mixture of the original with enough of his own trademark licks too. More of this please! As much of a fan as I am of the CD material, It doesn't seem to be doing anything for the audience. I'd probably keep TWAT, This I love and CD on the other list. Better works and maybe Street of Dreams would go over, at least it did at the last guns show I was at in 2012. Stick to the rockier numbers I think! Wouldn't mind them bringing out Shacklers, however doubtful it obviously is. Hope te stay away fro catcher, although I'm sure Slash could add a nice solo to it... just too ploddy, and with Estranged and NV in the set as staples It's just too much. 

They need some new material, up tempo and rocking. Here's a hoping!

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think that with more time and attempts for Slash it will sound much better. I like the direction he's going with it. His lead style clearly fits the chord progressions of the Chinese tunes. Better's verse progression might be too slow for him though. Chinese sounds the best so far with Slash imo, followed closely by This I love and Twat.

They sure sound great with Slash. Those songs were quite difficult in 2009 to stand as a live song. Now Chinese sound massive between Easy, Jungle and Brownstone. He really wants to bring his vision to the song with more blues, more raw guitars. He was quite annoyed after the solo during This I Love because there was nothing to play, and concerts later, he adds great fills and arrangements to those parts. And he just destroyed TWAT

I think in Chinese Democracy, there are key notes us fans really like and want to hear and he needs to understand those. 

Edited by Silent Jay

I think that Slash is wise to stick to the original phrases and general melody of the solo, it is a great solo on the record. He added some nice touches here and there, but is a little sloppy as some have already said. It seems that he inspires Axl to really pull it out of the bag with his vocals; not so much at the beginning, but from the "I would do anything for you" part, he was killing it. Great to watch!

Twat's solos are inspired by Estranged anyway imo. Chinese rocks hard enough for Slash to easily come very close already to nailing it.

The chord progression for the solo in This I Love is long and there are some changes. That will take more time for Slash to get to know well.

But it shouldn't be a problem cause Slash is a master at keeping the musical direction and sounding like himself when he's inspired. My guess is it won't take long until he'll nail all the Chinese solos for these 4 songs at least.

Better and Chinese will come first, then the longer solos like There Was A Time and This I Love which he already found the direction he's gonna go with for that imo, just messy and still getting to know the chord progression for the solo.

Edited by Rovim

Hi guys can I give my opinion? Axl's voice is amazing! He sang this song better than ever!

The band also sounds great and I'm glad Slash tried to keep the essence and sound of Bucket's work while also adding his feeling and ability to it. 

I still can't believe what I saw. My favorite song ever, played by Slash, Duff & Fortus, and with Axl at the top of his game. Not even in my dreams would this have happened. Moments like this are the ones that make me realize that sometimes life & the universe are actually very beautiful. Thank you all! I love you!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rovim said:

this song with Axl and Slash together is everything I dreamed it would be. Slash may not be technically perfect but he makes up for it in the soul he plays with IMHO :heart:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

Wow that's a lot of security guys in the front.

Good thing they weren't lame asses, otherwise Axl would have gone home

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

this song with Axl and Slash together is everything I dreamed it would be. Slash may not be technically perfect but he makes up for it in the soul he plays with IMHO :heart:

Agreed. Plus you know... I think Slash has all the technique he needs to express himself perfectly in Guns. He delivers such emotion when he's inspired that it doesn't matter at all. Axl's voice and Slash's guitar are a powerful musical combination. I believe they still have something musical to say and that together it has the potential to be glorious, but it's on Axl as far as I'm concerned to actually do something with Slash and Duff back in Guns. Right now I'm just happy it's not pathetic at all live, it feels genuine, but another Guns album is my biggest Guns related dream.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

i think...the best thing is that the cheap pitman sound effects are finally gone...its more raw/dirty/bluesy/rock...and ONE fuckin lead guitarist who is rockin the shit out of this song.