07/03/16 - Chicago, IL - Solider Field

RussTCB

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

A friend gave me a pair of tickets that I didn't pay for. That's what I mean by free. 

After KC, I don't put much stock into Ticketmaster maps lol

In any case, I'm sure it'll be full by show time with the price drops though. 

excuse me for being that interested but who by his choice misses a GnR show? :lol:

3 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

excuse me for being that interested but who by his choice misses a GnR show? :lol:

No one.  He has his own tickets and saw them last night and both Vegas shows as well. 

Just now, Inglorious said:

Whats up with the 1 in that 50% off link?

No idea. That's just how the link was sent to me. It seems to work fine though.

1 hour ago, troja said:

happy for people who could not afford the original price, but to be honest, this is just fucked up. i am a fan, so fuck me in the ass several times, thank you very much. 

Yep, the most dedicated fans get completely dicked by this. Sucks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chicago appetite said:

12 minutes ago, chicago appetite said:

i will be going again tonight.  I'm gonna be in section 205 row 5 for tomorrows show.  i was in section 224 row 7 last night.  wow, can't believe how awesome last nights show was.  i just hope i don't see an embarrassingly empty stadium tomorrow.

Quoted you twice on accident. I don't think they'll have a problem filling the seats with the new pricing. 

2 hours ago, bigpoop said:

Yep, the most dedicated fans get completely dicked by this. Sucks.

Oh, come on. You can't possibly make this one out to be another move to fuck over diehard fans. The only reason this is happening is the show wasn't selling well enough, plain and simple. 

Anyways, I hope they do this for Pittsburgh with the poor sales there. I'll definitely add Pittsburgh if I can get a dirt cheap ticket.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Oh, come on. You can't possibly make this one out to be another move to fuck over diehard fans. The only reason this is happening is the show wasn't selling well enough, plain and simple. 

This 100% fucks over the die hards. It was an intentional move to do it but it certainly does. And everyone that paid face value.

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

This 100% fucks over the die hards. It was an intentional move to do it but it certainly does. And everyone that paid face value.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck for the people who paid face value, it does. But it absolutely wasn't designed as another way to stick it to their fans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

I'm not saying it doesn't suck for the people who paid face value, it does. But it absolutely wasn't designed as another way to stick it to their fans. 

I agree. It's a bit like buying a new pair of shoes at full price only to find them knocked down 50% a week later. It sucks, but if you didn't like the original price (or think it was worthwhile) then you shouldn't have paid it in the first place.

This info escapes me, so I apologize for asking, but I'm curious to know even at the expense of making me look like a fool. 

How is it decided that a certain venue or place needs more than one show (like Chicago and Foxboro)? Is this decided by the band or the organizer? They did a survey of tickets demand or something prior?

42 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I agree. It's a bit like buying a new pair of shoes at full price only to find them knocked down 50% a week later. It sucks, but if you didn't like the original price (or think it was worthwhile) then you shouldn't have paid it in the first place.

Nice analogy but a concert is a bit different than a pair of shoes.  The promoters miscalculated this one big time and now are scrambling to try and fill as many seats as they can. There are 1000 seats suddenly available on ticket master for the front floor section for my show in Foxboro show that was "sold out".  A thousand more on stub hub and that;s just the front sections. Instead of charging $308 a ticket they could have charged $200 for these front sections which is still high but more reasonable and the would have sold all the seats and made their money anyway.

Whole thing is such a disgusting scam. I would be happy if someone to bombed the ticket master building.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Nice analogy but a concert is a bit different than a pair of shoes.  The promoters miscalculated this one big time and now are scrambling to try and fill as many seats as they can. There are 1000 seats suddenly available on ticket master for the front floor section for a show that was "sold out".  A thousand more on stub hub and that;s just the front sections. Instead of charging $308 a ticket they could have charged $200 for these front sections which is still high but more reasonable and the would have sold all the seats and made their money anyway.

Whole thing is such a disgusting scam. I would be happy if someone to bombed the ticket master building.

Are you talking about last night's concert? I find this ticket stuff interesting. Of the four concerts that have happened, only last night's was sold out that I was aware of and I don't remember seeing a thousand seats suddenly showing up on the floor. Was this a month/couple of weeks ago? I didn't look at the charts for a couple weeks around then. Then again if they were scattered about and not grouped together I might not have noticed.