08/19/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium

RussTCB

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not see any undue evidence that he was messing up that badly though. The Farm Aid thing should have been a mess using all considerations. It occurred at exactly the moment GN'R were enduring all of this Adler drama. 

McKagan admits to being too drunk to play in his book, resorting to line-upon-line of cocaine to help sober him up; Slash (and you can see this yourself) is as drunk as a lord on the Deer Creek proshot (and multiple other gigs) which no doubt contributed to a certain sloppyness. I'm not denying that Adler was a heavy drug addict; I'm merely questioning whether that drug abuse unduly singled him out from the rest of the reprobates in the group - not to mention the loony singer.

If GN'R screwed up a show in the old era, who are you going to put your money on being the culprit, Axl or Adler?

It's Axl every time if we're talking big screw ups live. And Slash has plenty to answer for live, same goes for Duff and Izzy!

The drugs might just have been the straw that broke the camels back! maybe it was more stuff that we aren't privy to! Maybe he was just too much to deal with alongside Axl, maybe he was just too good at winding Axl up. Maybe it was all of the above! we'll never really know beyond what they've all collectively said.

I think it's possible that Adler was pushed out because Axl might have wanted a more technical drummer to handle his grander material. BUT that also seems like a great excuse for Adler defenders, and a perfect alibi when the current story seems a whole lot more likely.

• 2 months later...