Your favourite AC/DC drummer

Sosso

My choise:

1. ) Chris Slade. Fantastic drummer. I always wanted a second album with him. 

2.) Tony Currenti. He played on most of the songs on  High Voltage (australian edition) and I like his contributions. Very sad that he never played live with the band.

3.) Simon Wright. He did a really good job on Who Made Who and Blow Up Your Video. He could return to the band someday.

Who's your favourite AC/DC drummer and why.

Edited by Sosso

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Chris, because just listen to him on AC/DC Live. The energy he brought to the band is unmatched.

The reunion with Rudd should have been a one album only thing. Chris was so upset that he haven't played drums for three years after he was kicked out of the band. I'm glad that he is back.

• Like 2

Chris Slade; absolutely love his performance during the Donington concert and Big Gun is another favorite. I like how he made the rest of the band work harder.

Rudd to me was great in the 70s/80s, less so when he rejoined the band.

Edited by Bumblefeet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Phil Rudd. No explanation needed.

I was wondering why he wasn't listed

42 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

Chris Slade; absolutely love his performance during the Donington concert and Big Gun is another favorite. I like how he made the rest of the band work harder.

Rudd to me was great in the 70s/80s, less so when he rejoined the band.

I agree.

I think Rudd addiction problems got to him. 

13 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Yeah was he great in the 70s/80s - which  just happens to be the time period when they did all of their great records.

Everyone else listed is just pre-Rudd or post-Rudd.  Everything important has Rudd on it.

I don't wanna bash Phil Rudd. He is an awesome drummer for sure. It's all about personal taste when it comes to the choise of favourite drummer, favourite guitarist, etc.

Edited by Sosso

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

My choise:

1. ) Chris Slade. Fantastic drummer. I always wanted a second album with him. 

2.) Tony Currenti. He only played on a couple of songs on the High Voltage album but I like his contributions. Very sad that he never played live with the band.

3.) Simon Wright. He did a really good job on Who Made Who and Blow Up Your Video. He could return to the band someday.

Who's your favourite AC/DC drummer and why.

The session guy who did two songs and Phil isn't even listed? It can't be!

Phil is the man, but Chris Slade is my personal favorite. He was my first AC/DC drummer and I like that adds an extra dimension of power without taking away the feel.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, James Bond said:

The session guy who did two songs and Phil isn't even listed? It can't be!

He played drums on seven tracks on High Voltage. Eight if you include the title song (wich was released a little bit later than the album).

Edited by Sosso

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

He played drums on seven tracks on High Voltage Eight if you include the title song (wich was released a little bit later than the album).

Which is fair (that was my Canadian brain thinking of the International version of High Voltage), but all the same, where's Phil? ;)

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Which is fair (that was my Canadian brain thinking of the International version of High Voltage), but all the same, where's Phil? ;)

The international version is a little bit odd. Seven songs from T.N.T. and two other songs.

I have mixed feelings about this. I've always liked Rudd and I think that he reinforces AC/DC's classic feel, but I have a soft spot for Chris. Considering the current situation, I'm perfectly happy to see Chris continue in the band for as long as he is able. If he retires, I would be disappointed if Angus went for Simon over Phil, but I think that if Angus wants to continue touring he would probably ask Simon to re-join.

3 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I have mixed feelings about this. I've always liked Rudd and I think that he reinforces AC/DC's classic feel, but I have a soft spot for Chris. Considering the current situation, I'm perfectly happy to see Chris continue in the band for as long as he is able. If he retires, I would be disappointed if Angus went for Simon over Phil, but I think that if Angus wants to continue touring he would probably ask Simon to re-join.

Why? I like his contributions on records like Who Made Who and Blow Up Your Video. 

30 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Why? I like his contributions on records like Who Made Who and Blow Up Your Video. 

It might be nitpicking but he left of his own accord. Dio was a bigger deal for him than being in AC/DC. Phil just seems to want it more. But, I'd prefer Simon over a new drummer.

39 minutes ago, The Archer said:

It might be nitpicking but he left of his own accord. Dio was a bigger deal for him than being in AC/DC. Phil just seems to want it more. But, I'd prefer Simon over a new drummer.

Phil had a second chance. He was fired again. for similar reasons as in the year 1983.

54 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Phil had a second chance. He was fired again. for similar reasons as in the year 1983.

I thought that the reason Phil was fired the first time was because he got into a fist fight with Malcolm - maybe I'm wrong and it was just that he had descended into drugs and paranoia.

Edited by The Archer
edited for typos