More Openers Announced!

Is it possible they have no openers for some shows? I doubt it, but just saying, they do play a long show and tend to go on late. Maybe they just figure they split the difference: no opener, and they go on a little earlier since they don't have to wait for an opener to get done?

Grasping at straws there. I guess it makes sense that they maybe announce regional openers like the Stones did. If ticket sales are slumping in those areas maybe a "hometown hero" kind of artist on each bill boosts some sales?

I do think its shocking they have an opener for like 8 isolated dates on the tour. Alice makes sense, why Lenny is only at 2 places in the middle of the tour is very weird.

3 hours ago, BigD62 said:

I agree 100%. This guy's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I would love to see some good Florida band open in Orlando. Shinedown would be my first choice but they are in New Orleans on that night. Tom Petty would be my second choice.

Tom Petty would be unreal. He just put out a new Mudcrutch album, so... Nah. If that happened, we would journey to FL for that. My old lady worships TP...

3 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Tom Petty would be unreal. He just put out a new Mudcrutch album, so... Nah. If that happened, we would journey to FL for that. My old lady worships TP...

What is this tom petty talk? Just speculation? That would be awesome if it happened. No opener? When has that ever happened with gnr? Doubt on this tour they would have no opening act just doesn't seem plausible. I'm guessing maybe they are gonna hit the weaker selling shows with decent openers to boost sales. Seems like a smart move

5 hours ago, PITBOSS said:

What is this tom petty talk? Just speculation? That would be awesome if it happened. No opener? When has that ever happened with gnr? Doubt on this tour they would have no opening act just doesn't seem plausible. I'm guessing maybe they are gonna hit the weaker selling shows with decent openers to boost sales. Seems like a smart move

Total baseless speculation. Just what if-ing...

I was holding out for Alice but I would be overjoyed if it were The Killers (I saw them mentioned and while I know it's highly unlikely I think it'd be great). Yes they can headline arenas by themselves but they aren't "too big" to be the support on a stadium tour. They're one of my favorite bands.

5 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

I think they should go ahead and let Metallica open for them again. Metallica could use the nudge at this historically low point in their careers.

I would love to agree with you but Metallica still sellout stadiums around the world. 

17 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Is it possible they have no openers for some shows? I doubt it, but just saying, they do play a long show and tend to go on late. Maybe they just figure they split the difference: no opener, and they go on a little earlier since they don't have to wait for an opener to get done?

Grasping at straws there. I guess it makes sense that they maybe announce regional openers like the Stones did. If ticket sales are slumping in those areas maybe a "hometown hero" kind of artist on each bill boosts some sales?

I do think its shocking they have an opener for like 8 isolated dates on the tour. Alice makes sense, why Lenny is only at 2 places in the middle of the tour is very weird.

If they go with hometown heroes, then Pittsburgh is going to get Donnie Iris. Ha.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rickjkd1977 said:

Ouch if they going with hometown heroes here in Cincinnati I guess it would be 98 degrees, ouch.  Or I guess Bootsy Collins.

Actually, The National would probably be huge for Cincinnati.

6 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

I think they should go ahead and let Metallica open for them again. Metallica could use the nudge at this historically low point in their careers.

You do realize they didn't "let" Metallica open for them...ever.   

2 hours ago, MrBrownstone531 said:

Better than the Clarks.  And knowing this town they'd probably sell the rest of the tickets :lol:

Aw come on! Clarks rock! As does Dawnie Ahris. We'd better be careful, or it'll be B.E. Taylor. Not like we're gonna get a Skyliners reunion, n'at. ??

9 hours ago, PirateRadio said:

If it's hometown heroes, then in LA it should be Steven, Izzy, Duff, Slash, and Axl,

You nailed it @PirateRadio!

Have the Appetite 5 be the OPENER FOR ALL THE SHOWS.  That'll sell some more tickets ;)

On Tuesday, June 07, 2016 at 9:32 AM, wharfy11 said:

X Japan would be a phenomenal choice for an opening band - it would also give them the exposure they are striving for in the West!

Haha I can dream. Maybe in Japan or in the NuGNR days

Justv want the damn X album out already