GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

9 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Dylan looks just like her too...her genes are strong

That's when you breed with an old guy. His sperm is weak :rofl-lol:

9 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Her daughter's pretty. Hope she grows up being a woman with a lovable character.

She's 12 now. How old are Erin's?

Easan is 20. Eres is 14 and Esper is 7 :heart:

3 hours ago, Lanna said:

world_s_best_psychologist_metal_ornament-rab209886970f4f9180acd1b1d19a346a_x7s2s_8byvr_324.jpg      :thumbsup:

omg :rofl-lol:

59 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I really don't know. Slash has always been Axl's favourite toy member to fool around so he should stop being so cold :max:. But as you say, Slash's behaviour just makes Axl want more and more lol.

Happy Axl is amazing to watch. He seems to interact with the audience a lot, he also notices people in the crowd, their outfits, their gestures and responds to it. See @killuridols? You have a big chance to catch his attention :headbang:

Well, I DO have a way to call his attention BUT it could unleash a RIOT :ph34r:

It involves a SIGN and a name :ph34r:

To be honest, I've thought about it ever since I started to dream about getting a pit ticket. Now I got it but I don't have the balls to do it anymore.

If I could do it, I'm 110% sure he'd comment on it. Problem is TB will come get me from the pit and throw me out of the show :smiley-confused2:

So I'm thinking of something else. I have 3 ideas. All of them involve RIOT.

I have messages to deliver to him. FROM PEOPLE. :ph34r:

Probably, I'll just chicken out..... or stick the less dangerous of all my ideas :P

• Like 1

Dylan totally looks like a male version of Stephanie. All her kids mostly look like her actually. I guess it's good to have strong genes if you're gonna have kids with a guy like Brant Sr...

@killuridols Congrats on getting these tickets! So awesome you managed to snag the tickets you wanted :D:headbang: You only need to wear something neon green now and he will notice you (according to the concert thread he'll react to that :P)

@Andy14 Happy Axl is my favorite thing ever. It's so good to see him like that. But yeah, it's time for Slash to stop playing hard to get :max::P I wanna see Slash be affectionate/cute with Axl for once...

@Blackstar Great post. What you wrote reminds me a lot of the way Slash described Axl in his book. How Axl is a very dramatic individual, how every little thing has some bigger meaning in his mind, how he has a unique perception of the world, but believes in it 100%... He does seem to relate to movies a lot and look at life from that kind of angle.

About the hitchhiking story, I can see both sides of that discussion as being plausible. Axl is fierce, and he fights like a crazy person when threatened (according to Izzy... and Axl himself I think) and like you said he had some experience fighting, plus instinct and adrenaline... if anyone could get out of a situation like that, it would be Axl. But on the other hand, I could also totally see the opposite happening and Axl just being to ashamed/embarrassed to tell the story as it actually happened. People don't always act like you'd expect them to in situations like that (especially if they've already experienced similar traumas in the past), some people even just "freeze up" and things like that. Or maybe he just didn't manage to get away. Fierce little figther or not, he was a pretty tiny and skinny kid after all. We'll never know I guess, unless he talks about that incident in his book or something.

(I gotta say though, if Axl were my kid, I wouldn't have been comfortable with him hitchhiking around the continent like that. I don't even have kids of my own yet, but the thought of a tiny, pretty looking kid like Axl travelling around alone and getting into cars with strangers makes me shudder. It sucks that we live in a world like that, but...)

17 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The kidnapping by his father story is another matter. The key imo is in this quote:

I have a lot of corroboration from people who knew something horrible happened. Even now I could talk about it with my grandmother and she'd nod her head yes, but would not talk about it. Also, the emotions that end up surfacing and the amount of weight that is lifted each time we get into certain issues kind of makes me go, "Wait a minute, I can trust myself here." I can trust myself because I feel a hell of a lot better. I mean, you could go to a medium and talk to someone in your family who had died and when you come out you'll feel much different. Someone will say, "Was it real?" and you'll say, "I don't know, but I know I feel a lot easier with the situation and acting on it isn't going to hurt me."

The way I interpret the analogy with going to a medium to "communicate" with a dead person (without excluding the possibility that it wasn't just an analogy and he actually did that) is that Axl wasn't 100% sure that this thing with his father had really happened, but he chose not to dispute it, because believing that this was the origin of his personality issues made him feel relieved and ready to start his healing process from there. The whole "alternative" therapy thing felt safer to him; a real psychologist would probably recommend him to see a psychiatrist as well, which means a possible diagnosis of a mental health issue and Axl didn't want to go through that. This is why I said in a previous post that if the 2002 story with the psychiatrist is true and Axl was thinking of going to a clinic, things must have been very serious at that time.

The cases in which probably Axl does something similar to what you said are the stories where he talks about relationships that fell out and hurt him, particularly those that have to do with Slash and the band. I think that he has a scenario (which he honestly believes) that explains why things turned out the way they did, and then, based on it, he reinterprets past events. In other words, he projects the scenario to the past as if the other person had always intended to harm him. For example, if he believes that the band broke up because Slash wanted to take it over, he reinterprets things that Slash said or did since the day they met.

I very much agree with this. The alternative therapy thing definitely was a way for him to avoid dealing with actual psychologist/psychiatrists. And yes, things must have been pretty bad in 2002 for him to consider that. I remember reading somewhere that the people around him (maybe Beta specifically was mentioned? I'm not sure anymore, it was a long time ago) talked him out of doing that though. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Also agreed with the second paragraph. The one example of him doing that which always makes me go :rolleyes: a bit is the Ayatollah story. He keeps bringing that one up as an explanation for why he has this reputation of being controlling and a dictator. And he probably believes that is the reason too. Never mind the fact that 99,9% of people have never heard of that obscure interview and also aren't intimately familiar with how it might have influenced band dynamics or whatever. I wish he would show some acknowledgement for once that it was mostly his own actions and the things he said during the years they were famous that caused him to have this reputation. (And okay, Slash and Izzy are to blame for that as well a bit with the things they said about Axl, but then again, they wouldn't have said those things in the first place if Axl hadn't pissed them off so much with his behavior...)

Also thank you to you and @MillionsOfSpiders for mentioning that thing about Frances Farmer. I had completely forgotten about that. It makes sense that her story would leave a lasting impression on Axl. I also wouldn't be surprised if he was aware of her before the movie came out if she lived in Indiana and had her last play in Lafayette (didn't know that either, you learn something new ever day in this thread :P).

That quote of him saying he thinks a lot about someone giving him a lobotomy made me sad. No wonder he sought help from alternative places if his distrust in conventional medicine was so big. And then there's also the thing about him already being diagnosed as "psychotic" when he was 16 or so. He must have been scared of his behavior and his mental issues being used against him from early on. And then later on came the bipolar diagnosis he disagrees with and the useless "fill in the dots" test he complained about. I'm understanding more and more how he ended up in the hands of Yoda and Suzy London and other frauds like that.

4 hours ago, Frey said:

Or "It's your own fault for looking like a fucking chick." with girly looking guys like Axl. Or "He looks/dresses like a fag, he probably wanted it anyway." Shit like that.

Axl did have issues about that. I remember him saying he got tattoos so he "wouldn't look like a fucking chick anymore." And it's not too surprising after stories like the one about the cops harrassing him by being misogynist/sexist douchebags when they thought he was a girl, and then turning to homophobia when they realized he was actually a guy.

23 minutes ago, Kira said:

i think part of the reason Axl is so loyal to team Brazil is because without them taking care of him, he could have wound up in an institution.

Now that's a terrifying thought. But like I mentioned above, someone actually claimed that they kept him from checking himself into an institution in 2002, so it's not that far-fetched...

20 hours ago, Frey said:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss11/FreyGNR/153204_0_zpsbpx9xcg5.jpg~original

I wonder who bought this stuff. And for $ 1920 no less. I'm not sure if that's a great investment that will ever gain much value and I'd feel pretty creepy paying for these things and then having them lying around at home. Like what are you gonna do with these? Show it to your friends and go like "And here's Axl Rose's customer card from a donut shop from when he still went by Will Bailey. And this is a letter Axl's step father wrote to his children. And here we have childhood pictures of Axl building snow men and Axl dressed up as Raggedy Andy."  Everyone will think you're nuts. But maybe Axl bought some of the things Erin sold himself, to prevent them from ending up with the likes of Karen McNeil and people like that.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Well, I DO have a way to call his attention BUT it could unleash a RIOT :ph34r:

It involves a SIGN and a name :ph34r:

To be honest, I've thought about it ever since I started to dream about getting a pit ticket. Now I got it but I don't have the balls to do it anymore.

If I could do it, I'm 110% sure he'd comment on it. Problem is TB will come get me from the pit and throw me out of the show :smiley-confused2:

So I'm thinking of something else. I have 3 ideas. All of them involve RIOT.

I have messages to deliver to him. FROM PEOPLE. :ph34r:

Probably, I'll just chicken out..... or stick the less dangerous of all my ideas :P

Ok, now you really made me interested :popcorn:

What are you planning to have on the sign? "FUCK THAT HAT"? :rofl-lol:

What are the other ideas?

And don't forget, I'll give you a list of thing to tell him when you meet him :rofl-lol:. #GRANDPAANGUSAPPROVES

5 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Happy Axl is my favorite thing ever. It's so good to see him like that. But yeah, it's time for Slash to stop playing hard to get :max::P I wanna see Slash be affectionate/cute with Axl for once...

Exactly. One hug won't hurt him :max:. Come on Slash, don't be so frigid :P.

• Like 1

Thank you Princess @Lumikki :wub:

This is how I feel about it (because I still don't believe it)

when u start lusting over someone but then realise you actually have a really big crush on them.gif

5 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Ok, now you really made me interested :popcorn:

What are you planning to have on the sign? "FUCK THAT HAT"? :rofl-lol:

What are the other ideas?

And don't forget, I'll give you a list of thing to tell him when you meet him :rofl-lol:. #GRANDPAANGUSAPPROVES

hah :P

No. None of you could EVER possibly imagine it :ph34r:

I can't talk about any of them. I'm a panther in a cage.

Ok, give me the Granpa approved list :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

How does this work? Do you have an app that reminds you to inform us? And change the words every month so that we don't get bored? 

Is that OCD? Does your psychiatrist know? :ph34r:

:smiley-confused2:

I am a bot

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

How does this work? Do you have an app that reminds you to inform us? And change the words every month so that we don't get bored? 

Is that OCD? Does your psychiatrist know? :ph34r:

:smiley-confused2:

We could program him, right?

Like next will be "you guys are pedos", "you guys are fatsos", "you guys are creepy", "you guys are One Direction fans", "you guys are menstruators" :rofl-lol:

"you guys are______" FILL IN THE GAP TO PROGRAM THE BOT FOR 6 MORE MONTHS :lol:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

You guys are weird. 

Btw Slash isn't responding to Axl's shit is because he's focused on performing. 

We've got another one!

Yes, we're serious when we say Slash is cold that's why we put a lot of emoticons to make sure everyone know how serious we are /sarcasm if it wasn't clear, we aren't serious, we're making jokes

I love this tbh :rofl-lol:

Edited by giuls
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, cooker said:

Where is this Axl almost checking into an institution? 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/chicago-sun-times-axl-rose-close-to-checking-himself-into-psychiatric-clinic/

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=54

18 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

Btw Slash isn't responding to Axl's shit is because he's focused on performing. 

Dude, they know. Don't take that stuff too seriously.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Frey said:

I don't put too much stock in these articles. Just seems like hearsay.  

Just saw this picture and don't know if it was posted here before. 

I think I have seen a cropped version of this, but that's the first time I see this woman in it. She sure looks like grown up Axl

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, _Mia_ said:

Just saw this picture and don't know if it was posted here before. 

I think I have seen a cropped version of this, but that's the first time I see this woman in it. She sure looks like grown up Axl

image.jpeg

Where are these pictures coming from? Is there any clear proof? 

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I wonder who bought this stuff. And for $ 1920 no less. I'm not sure if that's a great investment that will ever gain much value and I'd feel pretty creepy paying for these things and then having them lying around at home. Like what are you gonna do with these? Show it to your friends and go like "And here's Axl Rose's customer card from a donut shop from when he still went by Will Bailey. And this is a letter Axl's step father wrote to his children. And here we have childhood pictures of Axl building snow men and Axl dressed up as Raggedy Andy."  Everyone will think you're nuts. But maybe Axl bought some of the things Erin sold himself, to prevent them from ending up with the likes of Karen McNeil and people like that.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: I thought the auction was fine, EXCEPT for this lot. Selling Axl's childhood photos and a letter from his stepfather seemed like a massive invasion of privacy to me, especially since it involved the siblings. They are not public figures and their privacy should have been respected. I actually do hope that either Axl or TB quietly got this one, because it shouldn't have been out there in the first place.

• Like 1