GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

5 hours ago, Andy14 said:

On a highway to Argentina: :shades:

slaxl7.gif

:rofl-lol:

that's so funny!! i can picture them arriving here on that cart :lol:

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ha ha, never mind Melissa, she can walk! Poor lass, her being the one who could really benefit from getting to buffet before Axl and Slash do :lol:

lol melissa she's always talking about food in her social media. how come she's so thin??
poor girl, she should make it first to the buffet, before than axl and slash! :bitchfight:

---

About Duff.. there's this video that I love to hate :P

Duff and Slash, but mostly Duff, sound like fucking pricks here. They are like Beavis & Butthead but Duff is so damn sexy when he's acting "uninterested" and "unimpressed" like that. Daaaamn!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Frey said:

@Mandy123 Found it:

And then there's Duff. Don't forget Duff. Duff is still having a hard time getting noticed. He is a gentle, silly and delightful man, even when he is drunk, which nowadays seems most of the morning and most of the afternoon and a good part of every evening. Duff is having a hard time with life on the road. He is, frankly, getting sick and tired of fans who come up to him and, rather than fall all over him, ask, "Where's Axl?" Duffs wife, Linda, recently got him a tshirt that reads: 'No, I don't know where Axl is!'

Duff wishes Linda could be with him more often. He is 28 years old, and the fits of loneliness are starting to become fits of terror. "A lot of nights I wake up, and I'm, like, where am I, what city, and you run to the window and look out and try to figure it all out," he says. "You actually forget who you are. It's, like, I am completely blank. I end up a lot of times just sitting on my bed, and I'll find tears start coming out of my eyes and my heart is just aching. It's, like, please let there be another show soon. It's, like, can you get the next shot of insulin."

Pretty depressing actually. Did he ever wear that shirt?

omg! that breaks my heart :cry: I hate that they all just seemed so miserable/sad there at the end.

I've never seen a pic of him in that shirt! In hindsight, it's probably good Linda didn't join him as much, since she was his "party wife". Would have just been one more person he was getting fucked up with. 

LOL @killuridols, that video.

"Did you have to ask him about snakes?!" :lol: Duff clearly has already heard more about snakes in his life than he ever wanted to. But I love it when Slash nerds out like that about dinosaurs or snakes or whatever, always amusing.

They're being kind of douchey in that video, but also cute and funny. I feel conflicted lol :P

4 hours ago, Mandy123 said:

about to go back and watch all the videos, but had to comment on this.

AWWWWW DUFFFFF! :wub: Such a sweetie pie, even during his "dark days". I wonder if calling himself a "schmuck" means that Mandy cheated on him while he was on tour? He was super respectful in his book and never gave much detail about WHY they divorced, other than drifting apart. Well, besides kicking her out on Christmas Day (and keeping the dog :takethat:)

He really is a sweetheart. Probably the only one in that band who didn't cheat. I wondered what he meant by calling himself a schmuck as well, but don't really get it. Your theory doesn't sound far-fetched though.

1 hour ago, Frey said:

@Mandy123 Found it:

And then there's Duff. Don't forget Duff. Duff is still having a hard time getting noticed. He is a gentle, silly and delightful man, even when he is drunk, which nowadays seems most of the morning and most of the afternoon and a good part of every evening. Duff is having a hard time with life on the road. He is, frankly, getting sick and tired of fans who come up to him and, rather than fall all over him, ask, "Where's Axl?" Duffs wife, Linda, recently got him a tshirt that reads: 'No, I don't know where Axl is!'

Duff wishes Linda could be with him more often. He is 28 years old, and the fits of loneliness are starting to become fits of terror. "A lot of nights I wake up, and I'm, like, where am I, what city, and you run to the window and look out and try to figure it all out," he says. "You actually forget who you are. It's, like, I am completely blank. I end up a lot of times just sitting on my bed, and I'll find tears start coming out of my eyes and my heart is just aching. It's, like, please let there be another show soon. It's, like, can you get the next shot of insulin."

Pretty depressing actually. Did he ever wear that shirt?

Also came across this quote by Axl while looking. Going by this and the quote from the Rolling Stone article above ("I'm getting a lot more comfortable with things," Rose says. "I'm still not very good at handling stress, and I was told that that was because of the way I was raised. I basically had my family screw up any positive, productive form of release.), it seems like he's really bad at dealing with stressful situations and if it gets too much for him, he has one of his freak outs/temper tantrums.

The therapy consisted of intensive sessions five hours a day, five days a week, says Rose, who believes it helped him understand where a lot of his frustration and destructiveness come from.

"I was told that my mental circuity was all twisted . . . in terms of how I would deal with stress because of what happened to me back in Indiana," he says. "Basically I would overload with the stress of a situation . . . by smashing whatever was around me. . . . I used to think I was actually dealing with my problems, and now I know that's not dealing with it at all. I'm trying now to (channel) my energy in more positive ways . . . but it doesn't always work."

Yeah, but the things that count as 'stress' for Axl can often be pretty minor. :tongue2: I love him, but dude loses his shit about the most ridiculous and tiniest little things.

As for the part about Duff, OMG!!! :o I can't deal with the mental image of Duff crying all alone in a dark hotel room at night.

That's just :nervous::scared::cry: to me. It's incredible how miserable most of them seemed while touring, though usually you just hear Axl talking about that.

To get rid of that awful image, let's have some Duff cuteness. Duff literally is the cutest. I mean...

... he even cuddles bunnies

xuT4TVLUkFg.jpg

... and also baby lions

uWyFVDw636E.jpg

... and also blankets

RR6dUr6Z0rc.jpg

... and his daughters

ObTrcNcehcE.jpg

dI36TRlpUlE.jpg

... he also cuddles Axls

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/tumblr_o4yxj0Btyk1v7fpfgo1_500.gif

... and Slashes

tumblr_o697h4mSl01vsg2meo1_250.gif

Clearly the sweetest of them all :heart:  Thanks for posting that gif by the way, @Andy14, it's my favorite Sluff gif ever :wub::wub: Has anyone ever seen the video the gif is from by the way? And maybe has a link to it? I've always wanted to see the source of that gif, but never really came across it.

Also because I came across this today and it fits here, bonus gif of Axl cuddling a pillow because it's hilarious and adorable:

tumblr_oa7501IHqB1vvxc7ko1_r1_500.gif

Dawww :wub:

(And I think I just gave myself diabetes with that post :smiley-confused2:)

• Like 3

y'all, i was not gonna sign up for no accounts here even though i've been lurking forever, but i was googling some stuff yesterday and apparently slash did a gq interview once. i'm pretty sure no one's brought that one up before but if i missed it, sorry 'bout that.

this man no-homo-ing his way out of his own stories is my favourite goddamn thing:

I remember one night, I was sitting on the edge of my pool with Ron and there were dozens of naked girls running around, it was a very festive environment. One of the girls started blowing us both, and I remembered hearing once that Ron could suck his own dick, so I asked him to do it again, just to see if he could. And he did, and it was amazing. Not that I like watching guys sucking their own dicks, I hasten to add, but I couldn't believe it was actually possible until that moment. And it didn't seem that seedy, it just seemed funny.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/gq-music-piers-morgan-interviews-slash

this whole interview is a mess though. how you gon tell everybody you had four sidechicks at the same damn hotel while you were married? smh

Edited by tiutso
  • Like 1

Off topic for a bit here...

Does anyone notice that Axl's bloat seemed to fluctuate from show to show? There were shows where he looked significantly bloated and on some shows he looked trimmer? 

Not basing this from still pictures but periscopes so...can't blame photo editing.

He's not (that) fat but suffering from serious gut bloat depending on what he consumes on any particular day IMO.

Sorry if this topic irks many, I appreciate his performances these days, he sure puts a lot of effort and gives his all but as his numero uno fan ( @killuridols don't kill me LOL) can't say I'm not concerned and I have a feeling the bloat is health related no matter how others feel it is petty and trivial.

@tiutso Welcome! :lol: Glad you joined!

To keep with the Duff theme...

TAGUF0Uv58Q.jpg

7 hours ago, tiutso said:

y'all, i was not gonna sign up for no accounts here even though i've been lurking forever, but i was googling some stuff yesterday and apparently slash did a gq interview once. i'm pretty sure no one's brought that one up before but if i missed it, sorry 'bout that.

this man no-homo-ing his way out of his own stories is my favourite goddamn thing:

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/gq-music-piers-morgan-interviews-slash

this whole interview is a mess though. how you gon tell everybody you had four sidechicks at the same damn hotel while you were married? smh

Anyway, that's a really interesting interview, and I haven't seen that one before, so thanks for sharing! Also:

"this man no-homo-ing his way out of his own stories is my favourite goddamn thing"

Yeah, I love it too. Slash is even worse than Axl sometimes with the no-homo moments. Only Duff is too cool for this kind of bullshit. That man is comfortable with himself and has no problem flirting and being affectionate with other guys (I was so amused by the way he and Steve Jones acted in that radio show he did :lol:)

But back to Slash. Thanks to the fact that Duff is too classy and Axl and Izzy are too private nowadays to talk about their love life, all we hear about are Slash's exploits. And it's kind of horrifying, because I'll never be able to forget these things. That kind of dumb stuff just burns itself into my brain for some reason. I mean thanks to this thread alone I already learned now that

- Slash asks other guys to suck their own dicks so he can watch

- Slash has had multiple threesomes with Axl (and everyone else in the band...)

- Women frequently shove dildos up his ass. It's a real problem

- Slash watched a couple dressed up as himself and Axl make out with each other in a hotel room

Well well well Slash :rolleyes: Also lol at that "I'm a one-girl type of guy" comment, followed by him talking about cheating on Renee with multiple women at once. Not sure if I buy him never cheating on Perla either.

I also thought this part where he talks about Axl was quite interesting (and I'm stealing the text coloring idea for quotes from @killuridols and @Frey because it works really well to make things less confusing):

What was the real problem between you and Axl? During that last tour, it was like an ongoing exercise in how we could bond the least. It just got worse and worse. Partly my fault for not confronting things, and partly Axl's for sequestering some private place and brooding over things all the time.

What did you first think of Axl? He was very talkative, mainly about himself and his beliefs. He had this very intense, emotional, serious vibe about him. And a lot of the brilliance he has is down to that personality. It's what makes him such a brilliant front man.

He's written pretty scathing things about you recently, calling you a cancer, a celebrity whore, saying you've lost your edge, and so on. I know! Someone sent me those blogs he wrote. It doesn't hurt me now. It would have done when we worked together. But now I'm obviously just this thorn in his side because I am continuing to do my thing musically and he isn't.

Why does he hate you? Er, I don't... I'm sitting here squirming now because this is hard to answer. I don't have an answer, that's my answer. You'd have to ask him.

Hmm...

Also this:

When was the last time you spoke to him? 1996.

Does that make you sad? Not really. Thirteen years is a long time.

But you produced such incredible music together, it must make you sad. It makes me sad, and I wasn't even in the band. Do you think you'll ever work with Axl again? Oh, I see. This interview's taken a certain direction...

It can go any direction you like... OK. Well, the thing is, when we were on stage we were a real force together. But it got to a point off stage where it was impossible for us to even be in the same room together and create any music. So it's sad that something so good doesn't exist any more, even though we're both still alive and on the same planet. But that's all.

Do you miss him? I think that's all gone by the wayside now. I am a pretty realistic kind of person, and don't expend energy worrying, "What if?" If I hear great music we did together, I respect it for what it was and appreciate it. But I'm not like everyone else around the band who wants to somehow try to recreate it because there's so much money to be made.

Liar. Glad we're all over this bullshit by now :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Does anyone notice that Axl's bloat seemed to fluctuate from show to show? There were shows where he looked significantly bloated and on some shows he looked trimmer? 

Not basing this from still pictures but periscopes so...can't blame photo editing.

He's not (that) fat but suffering from serious gut bloat depending on what he consumes on any particular day IMO.

Sorry if this topic irks many, I appreciate his performances these days, he sure puts a lot of effort and gives his all but as his numero uno fan ( @killuridols don't kill me LOL) can't say I'm not concerned and I have a feeling the bloat is health related no matter how others feel it is petty and trivial.

If there is one place to discuss Axl's weight and health issues it's here, don't worry :P

And interesting observation. I can't really say I have noticed the same thing, but that's most likely because I haven't really watched many periscopes or videos from the shows. What are you thinking of? Some kind of adverse reaction to the food he consumes? Like he should get himself checked out for gluten or lactose intolerance or something like that? Something else?

Not sure if I buy him never cheating on Perla either.

Honestly, considering that he cheated on Renée with Perla the night before his wedding, I wouldn't be surprised if he kept on fooling around with others well into his and Perla's relationship.

Has anyone noticed Slash's radio silence on the latest shooting incidents? I understand the rest of the band wanting to keep their mouths shut, because people might jump on their backs for being white and assuming the ~wrong~ position on the issue. But if Slash weren't Slash and were instead a young boy in this climate, he would be seen as a black man first and foremost, so his utter lack of any comment whatsoever seems kinda troubling. Even Lenny Kravitz said something in a vague fashion of "we should all love each other" or whatever, and they grew up in the same circles and shared their attitudes.

@cheesecake @Lumikki I think it also depends on what he wears. He looks good here:

13690644_1272365926109264_45498929627361

CnO7KUOXgAEsrcC.jpg

But. I absolutely hate this oversized t-shirt, it only adds to his weight

IMG_1405.png

On the other hand:

IMG_1454.png

13645346_1272365832775940_71609445117478

Of course the angle of the picture is important too, but I watched the first half of the last show live on periscope and I was surprised how different he looked with every song. RQ reminded me so much of the 90s Axl for instance. It seems like he not only changes outfits but also his weight (and the gut :smiley-confused2:) during one show. :shrugs:

Btw. What about Slash? He's covered in hair and the guitar covers his belly, but there are moments when he looks more bloated than Axl...

Dunno about Slash, but I really wouldn't enjoy watching another guy suck his own dick :blink: WTF. This thread :rofl-lol:

15 hours ago, Barbarella said:

In a part of the interview she talks "When the band broke up, he thought he would have his family, marry, have children ... He thought it would be the second stage of his life, he had worked so hard to make money and then he could devote to family. his dream is to have a family, children. Having what he never had. "

Yeah, he often talked about wanting a family of his own and children.

He even once said sthg along the lines of he wouldn't even care if the band fell apart tomorrow or whatever and it was all gone, as long as he gets to have a family of his own and kids. And that by now he had enough money to give his children the best life possible and allow them to do whatever they want in life, so the band ending wouldn't matter anymore.

I remember I was pretty surprised by that. And it's sad he never got that family and the kids. One more thing we can probably thank TB for :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

What did you first think of Axl? He was very talkative, mainly about himself and his beliefs. He had this very intense, emotional, serious vibe about him. And a lot of the brilliance he has is down to that personality. It's what makes him such a brilliant front man.

He's written pretty scathing things about you recently, calling you a cancer, a celebrity whore, saying you've lost your edge, and so on. I know! Someone sent me those blogs he wrote. It doesn't hurt me now. It would have done when we worked together. But now I'm obviously just this thorn in his side because I am continuing to do my thing musically and he isn't.

Why does he hate you? Er, I don't... I'm sitting here squirming now because this is hard to answer. I don't have an answer, that's my answer. You'd have to ask him.

That description of Axl is spot on. Never met another guy who loves talking about his feelings and thoughts as much as Axl does.

And funny how they could never really give a straight answer on why they even hated each other so much. And I call bullshit on half of Slash's answers in that interview. Him never cheating on Perla, him never missing Axl, not being hurt/bitter/etc by Axl's crap... yeah, right :rolleyes:

We can't forget to post this video. Slash and Duff at their best :rofl-lol:

Btw. Why was Duff "Rose" the King of Beers McKagan called "Rose"? I've tried to google it but I don't think I've ever found a good explanation. 

5 hours ago, Lumikki said:

@tiutso Welcome! :lol: Glad you joined!

To keep with the Duff theme...

TAGUF0Uv58Q.jpg

Anyway, that's a really interesting interview, and I haven't seen that one before, so thanks for sharing! Also:

"this man no-homo-ing his way out of his own stories is my favourite goddamn thing"

Yeah, I love it too. Slash is even worse than Axl sometimes with the no-homo moments. Only Duff is too cool for this kind of bullshit. That man is comfortable with himself and has no problem flirting and being affectionate with other guys (I was so amused by the way he and Steve Jones acted in that radio show he did :lol:)

Wouldn't you like to find HIM in your hotel room? :drool: And Duff is definitely way to cool to worry about the no-homo thing. Remember his Loaded webisodes when they all said they become "road gay" haha! 

40 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Btw. Why was Duff "Rose" the King of Beers McKagan called "Rose"? I've tried to google it but I don't think I've ever found a good explanation. 

That video is always solid gold! "What do we say?" Plus all the cute Sluff hand holding. 

I've also really never found out why Duff was also called Rose. Seems it was before meeting Axl, which is where the Rose Bro's came from. I found a little quote from a 1991 interview where Duff says " He says he hates the nickname "Rose." ‘That’s dead,' he says. "They used to call Axl and me the Rose Bros. So it just kinda stuck. But it’s not my name, ya know?"

Duff n Slash at the VMAs is unforgettable.

And I'm not usually one for fashion talk but wtf is he wearing here? white socks and white shorts over bright blue tights/leggings? :rofl-lol: His fashion choices make me feel like I'm a great dresser for once...

That Sluff gif looks like it's from a VH1 documentary because of the logo on there, but I don't think I've ever seen it either:shrugs: Maybe @Mandy123 or one of the other Duff experts here knows?

Edited by Frey

@Andy14 Yeah, you're right, it really depends a lot on the angle and the clothes he's wearing as well. I really hate his new "The End" shirt. It's WAY too big for him. When I met Axl, he was also wearing the "The End" shirt, but it was a smaller one that fit him way better. I remember thinking he looked good in that shirt and the leather jacket he was wearing. I don't understand why he bought another one in a size that's way too large for him :facepalm:

As for why Duff "Rose" McKagan, as far as I can figure out it's really just a weird coincidence. Like Duff called himself Duff Rose as a stage name or because it sounded cool or something and then he met Axl, whose actual name was Rose and then there was two of them and they were the "Rose Bros".

Also, looking at these new pictures of Axl you posted, is it just me or is his hair getting longer? Looks like he's growing it out. Praise be. I just hope he doesn't cut it back into granny length.

13680800_1272365769442613_88310606701657

13697189_1272365696109287_49850306372988

@Mandy123 Well I definitely wouldn't mind finding Duff in my hotel room :drool: And I don't think I've seen the webisodes, but I remember him saying something about the "road gay" thing in his columns or somewhere :P

The VMA video is one of my favorites. I'm tempted to post an all VMA Sluff picture spam or something, because I've got so many and they're all awesome :lol:

4 hours ago, tiutso said:

Honestly, considering that he cheated on Renée with Perla the night before his wedding, I wouldn't be surprised if he kept on fooling around with others well into his and Perla's relationship.

Has anyone noticed Slash's radio silence on the latest shooting incidents? I understand the rest of the band wanting to keep their mouths shut, because people might jump on their backs for being white and assuming the ~wrong~ position on the issue. But if Slash weren't Slash and were instead a young boy in this climate, he would be seen as a black man first and foremost, so his utter lack of any comment whatsoever seems kinda troubling. Even Lenny Kravitz said something in a vague fashion of "we should all love each other" or whatever, and they grew up in the same circles and shared their attitudes.

Yep, same.

As for the second question... Hmm. Like many people in this thread, I'm not from the US and I'm not all that in touch and up to date with everything that goes on over there, but I get the impression Slash has always been kind of reluctant to comment on racial issues. I mean from what I'm aware of, there have been a lot of incidents of cops killing black people, and Slash hasn't commented on a single one of them I think. And yet he did make a statement regarding the shooting at that gay bar in... Florida? So it's not like he doesn't comment on such things in general.

It's not a new thing though. I mean Slash is also the guy who didn't put his foot down on the One In A Million lyrics, despite the fact that half of his family got mad at him for letting Axl get away with that. And I'm convinced the rest of the band would have had Slash's back if he had said no to that. Izzy was so angry about the lyrics of that song and about that song being on the record, and he tried to talk Axl out of it a million times. Duff also has black family members and was put into an awkward position as well because of that (and as he recently mentioned, he still has to live with the repercussions of that song). Izzy, Duff and Steven would all have supported Slash if he'd said no, but :shrugs:

3 hours ago, Frey said:

Dunno about Slash, but I really wouldn't enjoy watching another guy suck his own dick :blink: WTF. This thread :rofl-lol:

Yeah, he often talked about wanting a family of his own and children.

He even once said sthg along the lines of he wouldn't even care if the band fell apart tomorrow or whatever and it was all gone, as long as he gets to have a family of his own and kids. And that by now he had enough money to give his children the best life possible and allow them to do whatever they want in life, so the band ending wouldn't matter anymore.

I remember I was pretty surprised by that. And it's sad he never got that family and the kids. One more thing we can probably thank TB for :facepalm:

I vaguely remember Axl saying that as well. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if TB was at fault for this never happening. Beta even admitted that she would be jealous if Axl found a woman or got married or something :facepalm:

• Like 1

@Lumikki It's good that Axl was self-aware about it's women and stress problem and he was trying to be better, about the little thing that makes him explode, i know someone like that do, not even remotely bad like Axl but the thing is they have a lot of shit going on that make them stessed and the thing that break the camel back can be very stupid and little but they reached their boiling point and Axl live a life under the spotlight so that must stress him out.

Duff, oh, i love Duff, he is the coolest and most mature :wub:and i think he called himself a schmuck because many men that want to be a rockstar dream of groupies and the fact that he won't partake made him one in the their eyes, but we girls think that it's a good thing, Duff, so don't worry. That hotel story was really sad, i'm happy that he has Susan now

I really appreciate all the Duff Pics, girls, thank you!

@tiutso "this man no-homo-ing his way out of his own stories is my favourite goddamn thing" mine, too, it's hilarious :rofl-lol: and about chaeting on Perla, i remember a story of her going crazy when she saw Slash talking with a female fan and this isn't a reaction of a woman who trusts her husband so it could be the case.

@cheesecake I remember that on a italian forum, once upon a time, someone has noticed that too and they said that maybe he has problem at the thyriod, they can cause a flutuation in weight but who knows :shrugs:

6 hours ago, Lumikki said:

What was the real problem between you and Axl? During that last tour, it was like an ongoing exercise in how we could bond the least. It just got worse and worse. Partly my fault for not confronting things, and partly Axl's for sequestering some private place and brooding over things all the time.

Hmm...

Also this:

But you produced such incredible music together, it must make you sad. It makes me sad, and I wasn't even in the band. Do you think you'll ever work with Axl again? Oh, I see. This interview's taken a certain direction...

It can go any direction you like... OK. Well, the thing is, when we were on stage we were a real force together. But it got to a point off stage where it was impossible for us to even be in the same room together and create any music. So it's sad that something so good doesn't exist any more, even though we're both still alive and on the same planet. But that's all.

Do you miss him? I think that's all gone by the wayside now. I am a pretty realistic kind of person, and don't expend energy worrying, "What if?" If I hear great music we did together, I respect it for what it was and appreciate it. But I'm not like everyone else around the band who wants to somehow try to recreate it because there's so much money to be made.

This bullshit, the article say it was written in 2012, in 2010 he released "Crucify the dead", yes, it didn't hurt you, it doesn't make you sad anymore because it was 13 years and you didn't expend energy on it, you couldn't have rejected the song when Ozzy gave it to you, you didn't want Axl to hear it, nooo, sure Slash  /sarcasm

I always find interesting that Slash is always commenting on how Axl is always talking about his feelings, i think because this is so different from his from approach (i.e. always trying to be cool as Canter said) he is attracted by this Axl's aspect?

Another interisting thing: him squirming when the question about why Axl hated him was asked, if he really didn't know he would be like "i don't know, he's crazy, whatever".

the Sluff VMA is always awesome to watch, did i already mentioned that i really like all the Duff love? Because i do.

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

my favourite video!! *.*

1 hour ago, Frey said:

And I'm not usually one for fashion talk but wtf is he wearing here? white socks and white shorts over bright blue tights/leggings? :rofl-lol: His fashion choices make me feel like I'm a great dresser for once...

Well....what to say...it's Axl :rofl-lol:. (and don't forget the shirt around his waist)

I agree that this picture is a way better :smiley-confused2:

127862886_700.jpg

As for why Duff "Rose" McKagan, as far as I can figure out it's really just a weird coincidence. Like Duff called himself Duff Rose as a stage name or because it sounded cool or something and then he met Axl, whose actual name was Rose and then there was two of them and they were the "Rose Bros".

1 hour ago, Mandy123 said:

I've also really never found out why Duff was also called Rose. Seems it was before meeting Axl, which is where the Rose Bro's came from. I found a little quote from a 1991 interview where Duff says " He says he hates the nickname "Rose." ‘That’s dead,' he says. "They used to call Axl and me the Rose Bros. So it just kinda stuck. But it’s not my name, ya know?"

Thank you. Poor Duff, he called himself Rose and then met the real Rose lol. 

"A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet" ;)

tumblr_nq8h0dtuAv1qh2hjeo1_400.gif

Also, looking at these new pictures of Axl you posted, is it just me or is his hair getting longer? Looks like he's growing it out. Praise be. I just hope he doesn't cut it back into granny length.

I also think his hair is getting longer and it doesn't look that bad. Like here:

IMG_1347.png

As I've already said. I really liked his look during RQ. He was wearing the hat (I know I hate the hats :facepalm:), his hair wasn't tucked behind the ears and he so much reminded me of his youger self.

(the gif is of a shitty quality since there's no good video of the song from Pittsburgh, but I think you get the idea)

mZzqN0.gif

Btw. there are some great pictures in the Picture thread, from an angle that @killuridols could appreciate :headbang:

And yeah, Slash is really the best person when it comes to winning awards :rofl-lol:

QWxkjY.gif

• Like 1

This may sound very obvious but before reconciliation I wonder if Slash N' Axl whenever They both meet Duff, They always talk old stories, mentioning each other name N' maybe talk about Their feelings N' regrets to Duff, tht makes Duff to the point He needs to make Them to talk 

anyway whats with Duff N' Steve Jones also The Road Gay?

2 hours ago, tiutso said:

Does anybody actually know what the source of this was?

I googled Slash and Halloween and found this. He talks about that story here, but only says the guy and girl dressed up as Axl and Slash were doing "you know" and kept talking to him. He must have told that story in another video as well, because in the one I saw I distinctly remember him saying they were doing "boyfriend-girlfriend stuff".

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Well....what to say...it's Axl :rofl-lol:. (and don't forget the shirt around his waist)

I agree that this picture is a way better :smiley-confused2:

127862886_700.jpg

tumblr_nq8h0dtuAv1qh2hjeo1_400.gif

I love Duff and his lame jokes. And he's got so many of them :rofl-lol:

I also feel like I need to watch the making of NR apparently, going by these gifs and pictures. I've seen the other two, but somehow never watched that one.

And yeah, I get the idea from that gif and I think I like it. Let's see where this goes. The weight of the longer hair will hopefully pull these weird curls and waves out a little.

2 hours ago, giuls said:

@Lumikki It's good that Axl was self-aware about it's women and stress problem and he was trying to be better, about the little thing that makes him explode, i know someone like that do, not even remotely bad like Axl but the thing is they have a lot of shit going on that make them stessed and the thing that break the camel back can be very stupid and little but they reached their boiling point and Axl live a life under the spotlight so that must stress him out.

Duff, oh, i love Duff, he is the coolest and most mature :wub:@tiutsoand i think he called himself a schmuck because many men that want to be a rockstar dream of groupies and the fact that he won't partake made him one in the their eyes, but we girls think that it's a good thing, Duff, so don't worry. That hotel story was really sad, i'm happy that he has Susan now

This bullshit, the article say it was written in 2012, in 2010 he released "Crucify the dead", yes, it didn't hurt you, it doesn't make you sad anymore because it was 13 years and you didn't expend energy on it, you couldn't have rejected the song when Ozzy gave it to you, you didn't want Axl to hear it, nooo, sure Slash  /sarcasm

I always find interesting that Slash is always commenting on how Axl is always talking about his feelings, i think because this is so different from his from approach (i.e. always trying to be cool as Canter said) he is attracted by this Axl's aspect?

Another interisting thing: him squirming when the question about why Axl hated him was asked, if he really didn't know he would be like "i don't know, he's crazy, whatever".

Yeah, that's why I think he probably said that as well. Thankfully he's become a bit more mature and now he's proud of being a faithful, good husband :heart:

And yeah, total bullshit. He's made way too many bitter remarks over the years or songs like that to not care lol.

Slash once said he can go for years without ever talking about his feelings, and yeah he's also always trying to look cool and talking about feeling is usually not considered "cool" for guys :rolleyes: Maybe he was kind of fascinated by Axl being so emotionally open and straight-forward. Axl's the complete opposite of Slash in that regard and opposites attract and all that jazz :P

And true. Slash knew very well, he just didn't like talking about it. It's like when somebody asked Steven Tyler if he knows what the problem between Slash and Axl is (because he's a friend of Slash), and Steven said he knows what it is, but he can't talk about it because it's too personal and it's not his place to say.

@SerenityScorp Duff and Steve Jones were just playfully flirting with each other in that radio thing they did recently. Talking about how they go on dates with each other, calling the other sweetheart etc. Just joking of course, but it was funny.

Road Gay: http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/55676

Anyway, since we're talking Halloween and Duff (and @Andy14 already posted one of them), these pictures have to be posted here :lol::

(Especially since they feature a crotch and a boob grab by Duff for once, instead of Axl :awesomeface:)

dufflegshinedown.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Duff/eb35cdc2c7ea48f9b39696c517f17d9c.jpg

Edited by Lumikki

@Andy14 Yes, even if the gif is blurry he looks good, i'm hoping he doesn't touch it either.

@SerenityScorp I'm sure they talked about it but, i don't know, i don't think Axl was so eager to talk about Slash at first, i'm sure Slash bitched a lot about Axl to Duff :lol:

@Lumikki At Halloween party he could have gone to the bathroom or pretended to have to take a phone call outside because it was nosey, why would he stay there watching? I  would have died

Oh, that halloween, another instance of bitter!Slash, dressing up as Buckethead :facepalm: well, at least Duff is really nice to look at, he has good legs and a beautiful tiara :P

Edited by giuls

11 hours ago, cheesecake said:

hah im not in position to kill anyone right now, im a defeated dog :unsure:

Yes, I've noticed this too but that's when I see pics. When I watch the Periscopes or videos I can tell he's got a big gut that worries me as well. I'm not sure if its bloat, though. I notice the bloat more on his face than in his gut.

You know, I have this neighborgh, she's an alcoholic and very very slim, with a gut. But the alcohol gut is different than the "fat gut". Bloated gut is very firm, pointy, like it was about to burst. My neighbor was bloated as hell in the summer, she got to the maximum I've ever seen her and then she had to be hospitalized. I've been told it is because she's filled with fluids she can't eliminate naturally. So they have to remove it at the hospital. And now she's back with a smaller gut.

I'm not sure which one Axl has. Sometimes Im checking him, he's got fat in his waist and belly, yeah, but then the gut gets bigger and other times it goes down, so unfortunately it could be due to alcohol. I'm not sure medication makes you bloated in that way. I believe medication makes you entirely bloated but this is not Axl's case. His legs and arms are normal. It is his face, gut and butt which are huge now so I don't know what it is :shrugs:

I came across these pictures. First one is from Nashville show. He looks bloated in the face, but its also the angle, that angle from below is the worst to take pics of people. Unless you're ultra skinny like Melissa, there is no chance you look good. Anyway, I was going to say I still like his face. Axl is very pretty, really good looking guy. Too bad he gest the bloat in his face and the hair is a mess, but he's still so very pretty, makes me cry... :wub:

GNR Nashv 002.jpg

And then I found this pic that made me lol because when I saw it I thought to myself that he was always a Chucky doll. Like, now they make fun of him saying he looks like Chucky, but here it shows he always did:

axl chucky doll.jpg

8 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I also thought this part where he talks about Axl was quite interesting (and I'm stealing the text coloring idea for quotes from @killuridols and @Frey because it works really well to make things less confusing):

Hmm...

Also this:

Why do you call him a liar? can you elaborate on it a bit more?

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

13680800_1272365769442613_88310606701657

13697189_1272365696109287_49850306372988

I vaguely remember Axl saying that as well. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if TB was at fault for this never happening. Beta even admitted that she would be jealous if Axl found a woman or got married or something :facepalm:

I'm not so happy with him growing his hair long at his age. Really, no old guy looks good with long hair and much less if it's the way he's have it lately. Unless he goes back to ironing it or straighten it out... I still insist on him getting a really good haircut or if he goes for long hair, then tie it in a ponytail. Anything that soothes that frizz he gets.

---

When did Beta say she would be jealoug if Axl found a woman to marry?

That makes me very sad if its true. I can't believe she said that.... really? What kind of "mother" is she if she thinks like that? Axl needs a wife in his life or a woman he can love and love him back, give him the kind of affection he can't get from Beta.

You can have all the love in the world from your relative, children and friends but passionate romantic love is very different from the other relationships. I really doubt Axl gets any of that from the women he frequents. I don't know how Sasha is but she doesn't look like someone very affectionate.

Nothing will top this love EVER again... :(

axl_erin_WHPhotoshoot_08.jpg  axl_erin_WHPhotoshoot_07.jpg

• Like 1