GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

Have not posted in here much lately as it keeps hanging on me and throwing me out, its all the media you guys keep posting? . Either that or my ipad is trying to warn me, you guys are no good for my soul?

I have resorted to sneakily following from work, but I can't post from there. So I am still lurking some great stuff recently will be back when I can fix the lagging and not tempted to throw this thing out of the window.

I like that Duff's hinting in that article they he gets road gay for Jeff Rouse. Duff has good taste, he's definitely a cutie in his own right :) Plus super nice, he's responded every time I've ever tweeted him. My friend jokes that I have an "in" with Duff if I ever get to see Loaded live. :P

DuffRouseJamie.jpg

6 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Have not posted in here much lately as it keeps hanging on me and throwing me out, its all the media you guys keep posting? . Either that or my ipad is trying to warn me, you guys are no good for my soul?

I have resorted to sneakily following from work, but I can't post from there. So I am still lurking some great stuff recently will be back when I can fix the lagging and not tempted to throw this thing out of the window.

It does the exact same thing to me, I can barely read anything till I get kicked out of the thread again. It's forced me to get a life :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

hah im not in position to kill anyone right now, im a defeated dog :unsure:

Yes, I've noticed this too but that's when I see pics. When I watch the Periscopes or videos I can tell he's got a big gut that worries me as well. I'm not sure if its bloat, though. I notice the bloat more on his face than in his gut.

You know, I have this neighborgh, she's an alcoholic and very very slim, with a gut. But the alcohol gut is different than the "fat gut". Bloated gut is very firm, pointy, like it was about to burst. My neighbor was bloated as hell in the summer, she got to the maximum I've ever seen her and then she had to be hospitalized. I've been told it is because she's filled with fluids she can't eliminate naturally. So they have to remove it at the hospital. And now she's back with a smaller gut.

I'm not sure which one Axl has. Sometimes Im checking him, he's got fat in his waist and belly, yeah, but then the gut gets bigger and other times it goes down, so unfortunately it could be due to alcohol. I'm not sure medication makes you bloated in that way. I believe medication makes you entirely bloated but this is not Axl's case. His legs and arms are normal. It is his face, gut and butt which are huge now so I don't know what it is :shrugs:

I came across these pictures. First one is from Nashville show. He looks bloated in the face, but its also the angle, that angle from below is the worst to take pics of people. Unless you're ultra skinny like Melissa, there is no chance you look good. Anyway, I was going to say I still like his face. Axl is very pretty, really good looking guy. Too bad he gest the bloat in his face and the hair is a mess, but he's still so very pretty, makes me cry... :wub:

GNR Nashv 002.jpg

And then I found this pic that made me lol because when I saw it I thought to myself that he was always a Chucky doll. Like, now they make fun of him saying he looks like Chucky, but here it shows he always did:

axl chucky doll.jpg

Why do you call him a liar? can you elaborate on it a bit more?

I'm not so happy with him growing his hair long at his age. Really, no old guy looks good with long hair and much less if it's the way he's have it lately. Unless he goes back to ironing it or straighten it out... I still insist on him getting a really good haircut or if he goes for long hair, then tie it in a ponytail. Anything that soothes that frizz he gets.

---

When did Beta say she would be jealoug if Axl found a woman to marry?

That makes me very sad if its true. I can't believe she said that.... really? What kind of "mother" is she if she thinks like that? Axl needs a wife in his life or a woman he can love and love him back, give him the kind of affection he can't get from Beta.

You can have all the love in the world from your relative, children and friends but passionate romantic love is very different from the other relationships. I really doubt Axl gets any of that from the women he frequents. I don't know how Sasha is but she doesn't look like someone very affectionate.

Nothing will top this love EVER again... :(

axl_erin_WHPhotoshoot_08.jpg  axl_erin_WHPhotoshoot_07.jpg

It´s not true about Beta.

From article: A huge desire of Axl is to be father and Beth wants for that to happen (with a point of typical of the mothers jealousies) so that he find a wonderful woman who can understand him.

http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/Interviews/article0154.htm

16 minutes ago, Ota said:

It´s not true about Beta.

From article: A huge desire of Axl is to be father and Beth wants for that to happen (with a point of typical of the mothers jealousies) so that he find a wonderful woman who can understand him.

http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/Interviews/article0154.htm

Ok, thank you for posting that :)

What a bad translation, though! :facepalm:

haha sounds good but I think a lot has changed since that interview. Many things don't sound as much rainbows and unicorns like they make it sound there :shrugs:

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It does the exact same thing to me, I can barely read anything till I get kicked out of the thread again. It's forced me to get a life :lol:

Yes, when you're on mobile it is really hard to access the thread because of the many pictures, animated gifs and videos.

It sucks, really :unsure:

8 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I just said he's lying because I don't buy that he wasn't hurt by the comments, didn't miss Axl at all, etc. He was way too bitter over way too many years to just not care. Also he directly contradicted himself in other interviews, where he admitted he was hurt by the cancer comment for example.

The Beta thing was a long time ago. I just tried googling for it, but couldn't find that interview. You can still find people talking about it though, so at least I know I wasn't imagining that lol. Like in this thread where people are discussing if Beta and Axl are secretely married :awesomeface::

"Fact: In a 2001 interview Beta stated that she would be jealous if Axl had a girlfriend. 2nd fact: Axl calls Beta "mother".
I've heard of mother issue, but this relationship takes the fuckin' cake."

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/22621-beta-and-axl-secretly-married-according-to-axl-rose-f%C3%A3-club/page-2

I also found this, there is a mention of her being jealous in a motherly way, but she says she wants Axl to find a woman and have kids. That interview looks like it was translated with google translator or something though and it's not the one I remember.

A huge desire of Axl is to be father and Beth wants a lot for that to happen (with a point of typical of the mothers jealousies) so that he finds a wonderful woman who can understand him." I am sure that, for everything that he suffered, he will be a wonderful father. He plays with the subject, saying that when his son/daughter be born I will cry a lot. I think it's funny that a lot of fans... they want to see him brave, because that it's not him. He is unable to provoke a fight, he only reacts when he is provoked." As soon as Axl entered in his house, in the first February 6, Beth prepared a surprised party for him, with cake, candles and congratulations." He didn't know what to do when he arrived home, he was very excited, emotional. I think that's the reason for him never forgets about my birthday."

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/cemkurdu/interviewwithbet.html

Who knows if all these interviews from the early 2000s are even real, but if that one is real then urgh. Him saying he would cry a lot the day his son/daughter is born breaks my heart a little. Same with Beta throwing him a surprise birthday party and him not knowing how to react.

Also I love that entire photoshoot. Erin was so beautiful in these pictures. So sweet looking. And Axl was beautiful that day as well. :wub:

tumblr_mwazyhP7k41qie00no1_1280.jpg

bscap0016.jpg

s515494306608940095_p370_i8_w2142.jpg

tumblr_mcmamhrYDQ1rx3n1po1_1280.jpg

OUT925339.jpg

tumblr_mxdx9wCWSx1spxjgio1_500.jpg

Sorry for the Erin and Axl spam, but I think that entire shoot is just gorgeous. Speaking purely from an aesthetical point of view, I think they were one of the most beautiful couples ever.

About Slash lying and stuff... I don't know but I asked you because I wanted to know what was your basis to say that. I can relate a bit to what these two guys went through. I have my own fall outs with people and it's not fixed yet so I know what it's like to be in that position, specially after a certain amount of time.

I don't know what year Slash said all those things but from the little I know, he admits to have been very bitter in the following years after he quit the band. That he couldn't hide it from the press and at some point he started talking lots of shit because he was lured to it.

In my opinion, it's quite normal that you talk a lot of shit and remain bitter when you fall out with a friend or partner for a good couple of years after it happens. It's our own ego being hurt- Also not talking about it and not fixing it right away makes you assume loads of shit about the other person. And yes, you do miss them, but at some point you don't miss them anymore. You continue with your life and you find other ways around that empty spot that was left in your life. You may get a new friend or new partner and you just move on.

So I don't know why he should be lying if after so many years he said he didn't miss Axl or wasn't hurt by the cancer comment. I don't know if its true they didn't talk to each other in all these years but for sure, they've been aware of each other for a long time because of having to deal with GN'R things. It was truly like a divorce with children, where you have to deal with your former spouse because of the children, even if its through lawyers it is not like you can forget about them forever.

However, it is possible to not be bitter about a person you had a close relationship with after a long time has passed since the estrangement. Time heals wounds. Sounds cliche but its true. It also puts you in perspective and makes you realize some shit doesn't really matter. Slash grew a lot more as a person and musician than Axl. He got married, had children and built his name in the industry. Slash became very popular without Guns N' Roses. Becoming a parent changes you a lot, changes your priorities and makes you review your life in all senses.

I think that the fact of Slash being the bigger person here is one of the reasons why we have GNR reunited today. And of course, thanks to Duff. He was the mediator, the middle man who delivered the messages back and forth. The one who soothed Axl and Slash, the one who made them see none of this shit was worth it and that they had created amazing music together.

Hopefully one day we get to find out how they fixed their problems, not from a gossip purpose but because it can help a lot of people with their own friendship/relationships gone to hell, to have a word of wisdom, experience or advice from our very own heroes :)

----

Regarding Beta, that other girl posted a link to the 2001 interview and I realize she said that only as a "mother" kind of thing. Looks like she really wanted him to find that special person and be happy. It has not happened so far and it looks like a lot of things changed since then. For example, Axl following a diet and exercising every day.

That forum and those people are a joke. I never take anything they say seriously because all they do over there is make fun of the band. Sometimes is funny but other times it's just plain hate.

----

Erin & Axl photoshoot: it is so precious because real love is in the air. No other pictures of Axl and a woman look so real, so lovely and so candid as those with Erin. She really loved him and he loved her back. The sweetness in their eyes you can't see it in pics with Stephanie or Sasha. They all look fake, set up, unnatural.

I know a happy in love couple when I see them. I know what they look like and those two were very real.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I also feel like I need to watch the making of NR apparently, going by these gifs and pictures. I've seen the other two, but somehow never watched that one.

I love these Making of videos, they're all pretty funny. (and there's a lot of Axl :smiley-confused2:) My favourite is definitely Don't Cry. 

4 hours ago, Lumikki said:

And yeah, I get the idea from that gif and I think I like it. Let's see where this goes. The weight of the longer hair will hopefully pull these weird curls and waves out a little.

I remember when my hair was of this length, it was the worst think ever, I couldn't do anything with it :max::facepalm:

I have to come back to Axl's clothes (neverending story). I think I'm not the only one who hopes to see him wearing this on stage, right?

0408-axl-rose-broken-leg-signing-autogra

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

I love these Making of videos, they're all pretty funny. (and there's a lot of Axl :smiley-confused2:) My favourite is definitely Don't Cry. 

I remember when my hair was of this length, it was the worst think ever, I couldn't do anything with it :max::facepalm:

I have to come back to Axl's clothes (neverending story). I think I'm not the only one who hopes to see him wearing this on stage, right?

0408-axl-rose-broken-leg-signing-autogra

I also really love those "Making of videos"....just love seeing Axl, hearing him speak his thoughts , etc. Its all good! And yeah, he looks super cool and chill in these kind of outfits...wish he would wear something like this on stage! But in the end, I still think he is looking pretty good. Love him in his KOHD cowboy gear, hot!

I also wish they'd mix it up a little bit on stage. One fun thing about their old concerts is that you can see a pic and know which concert it was, based on their outfits. Like "oh Paris, 92". or "That was the Freddy Mercury Benefit concert". Years from now, we're not going to be able to do that because they (axl most of all) basically wear the same thing every concert lol

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Erin :drool: :wub: By far the loveliest GNR lady of them all (although Susan was stunning as well when she was younger and less fake looking).

Annica Kreuter was very pretty too,  she still must be.

25 minutes ago, Frey said:

I don't think I've ever seen pictures of her. But I'm willing to look at them if you've got some :lol:

Annica used to be Izzy's wife and just like him there's almost nothing out there about her. Although I've never taken the time to do some serious stalkerish CSI detective on her so who knows.

You can see her in this video from 1991.

21 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Off topic for a bit here...

Does anyone notice that Axl's bloat seemed to fluctuate from show to show? There were shows where he looked significantly bloated and on some shows he looked trimmer? 

Not basing this from still pictures but periscopes so...can't blame photo editing.

He's not (that) fat but suffering from serious gut bloat depending on what he consumes on any particular day IMO.

Sorry if this topic irks many, I appreciate his performances these days, he sure puts a lot of effort and gives his all but as his numero uno fan ( @killuridols don't kill me LOL) can't say I'm not concerned and I have a feeling the bloat is health related no matter how others feel it is petty and trivial.

Gluten Intolerance? :wow:    seriously. It can cause drastic fluctuating gut bloat    (Fuck me... I can't believe I'm posting this)

• Like 1

I am gluten intolerant (poor me - please sympathize lol). Whenever I'd been accidentally glutened, I would bloat from head to toe I kid you not. So I had to trade sweat pants for my jeans on those fateful days (thank god they are rare as I try my best to be careful but sonetimes things are just beyond your control).

The effects of gluten to the gluten intolerants differ from one person to another, heck they even differ from time to time on the same person, I guess depending on what type and amount of food(s) that was/were consumed.

Another common effect is joint pain around the knees to the point of you may scream out if pain when trying to bend your knees ...well depends on how high or low your pain tolerance is lol.

Brain fog is another common effect. I couldn't compute simple stuff that it was silly and ridiculous.

Beer obviously has gluten since it's derived from malt which is derived from barley.... so...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mandy123 said:

I also wish they'd mix it up a little bit on stage. One fun thing about their old concerts is that you can see a pic and know which concert it was, based on their outfits. Like "oh Paris, 92". or "That was the Freddy Mercury Benefit concert". Years from now, we're not going to be able to do that because they (axl most of all) basically wear the same thing every concert lol

I think I can tell which show is which one by Slash shirts. He's worn a different shirt or tank top every night so far. Also Melissa and Fortus change clothes. Those are clues for me.

4 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Annica used to be Izzy's wife and just like him there's almost nothing out there about her. Although I've never taken the time to do some serious stalkerish CSI detective on her so who knows.

You can see her in this video from 1991.

lol Izzy is riding a motorcycle that says Beta :facepalm:

If that's Izzy wife then she was very pretty. I just think Erin's beauty is out of this world.

32 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

I am gluten intolerant (poor me - please sympathize lol). Whenever I'd been accidentally glutened, I would bloat from head to toe I kid you not. So I had to trade sweat pants for my jeans on those fateful days (thank god they are rare as I try my best to be careful but sonetimes things are just beyond your control).

The effects of gluten to the gluten intolerants differ from one person to another, heck they even differ from time to time on the same person, I guess depending on what type and amount of food(s) that was/were consumed.

Another common effect is joint pain around the knees to the point of you may scream out if pain when trying to bend your knees ...well depends on how high or low your pain tolerance is lol.

Brain fog is another common effect. I couldn't compute simple stuff that it was silly and ridiculous.

Beer obviously has gluten since it's derived from malt which is derived from barley.... so...

I have it, too. :( for years I was able to have a "cheat" day now and then( only minor bloat for a day)... but now, if I have any at all it just kills me for days... it's like having razor blades in my gut .... and the brain fog is ridiculous.  Makes me so stoo-pid. <sigh> it sux  :cry:

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

About Slash lying and stuff... I don't know but I asked you because I wanted to know what was your basis to say that. I can relate a bit to what these two guys went through. I have my own fall outs with people and it's not fixed yet so I know what it's like to be in that position, specially after a certain amount of time.

I don't know what year Slash said all those things but from the little I know, he admits to have been very bitter in the following years after he quit the band. That he couldn't hide it from the press and at some point he started talking lots of shit because he was lured to it.

In my opinion, it's quite normal that you talk a lot of shit and remain bitter when you fall out with a friend or partner for a good couple of years after it happens. It's our own ego being hurt- Also not talking about it and not fixing it right away makes you assume loads of shit about the other person. And yes, you do miss them, but at some point you don't miss them anymore. You continue with your life and you find other ways around that empty spot that was left in your life. You may get a new friend or new partner and you just move on.

So I don't know why he should be lying if after so many years he said he didn't miss Axl or wasn't hurt by the cancer comment. I don't know if its true they didn't talk to each other in all these years but for sure, they've been aware of each other for a long time because of having to deal with GN'R things. It was truly like a divorce with children, where you have to deal with your former spouse because of the children, even if its through lawyers it is not like you can forget about them forever.

However, it is possible to not be bitter about a person you had a close relationship with after a long time has passed since the estrangement. Time heals wounds. Sounds cliche but its true. It also puts you in perspective and makes you realize some shit doesn't really matter. Slash grew a lot more as a person and musician than Axl. He got married, had children and built his name in the industry. Slash became very popular without Guns N' Roses. Becoming a parent changes you a lot, changes your priorities and makes you review your life in all senses.

I think that the fact of Slash being the bigger person here is one of the reasons why we have GNR reunited today. And of course, thanks to Duff. He was the mediator, the middle man who delivered the messages back and forth. The one who soothed Axl and Slash, the one who made them see none of this shit was worth it and that they had created amazing music together.

Hopefully one day we get to find out how they fixed their problems, not from a gossip purpose but because it can help a lot of people with their own friendship/relationships gone to hell, to have a word of wisdom, experience or advice from our very own heroes :)

----

Regarding Beta, that other girl posted a link to the 2001 interview and I realize she said that only as a "mother" kind of thing. Looks like she really wanted him to find that special person and be happy. It has not happened so far and it looks like a lot of things changed since then. For example, Axl following a diet and exercising every day.

That forum and those people are a joke. I never take anything they say seriously because all they do over there is make fun of the band. Sometimes is funny but other times it's just plain hate.

----

Erin & Axl photoshoot: it is so precious because real love is in the air. No other pictures of Axl and a woman look so real, so lovely and so candid as those with Erin. She really loved him and he loved her back. The sweetness in their eyes you can't see it in pics with Stephanie or Sasha. They all look fake, set up, unnatural.

I know a happy in love couple when I see them. I know what they look like and those two were very real.

I think Erin was the love of his life, like a lot of chemistry these two had.

It´s sad that Axl was really sick in these period of his life, and his childhood´s problems afected terribly on his romantic relationships.  I don´t get why he doesn´t have a normal girlfriend not that sasha w%&$ .

I would love to see him happy.:heart:

Edited by Juliette
  • Like 1

@cheesecake I watched some of the YouTube vids from last night, Axl appeared to have no bloat last night, I often mention his balloon belly and that he looks like a jelly baby, but even I have to say he looked fantastic last night, from what I've seen. And he sang better than ever :/

I have no idea what is going on with him, it's strange. I know the oversized t shirts don't help his cause, but there are times when he is definitely more bloated than others. Odd. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Axl_Fetish said:

I have it, too. :( for years I was able to have a "cheat" day now and then( only minor bloat for a day)... but now, if I have any at all it just kills me for days... it's like having razor blades in my gut .... and the brain fog is ridiculous.  Makes me so stoo-pid. <sigh> it sux  :cry:

Glad to know somebody here in the same predicament (I mean, not glad that you are suffering from it, but glad that someone understands). 

I love bread, with a good cultured butter spread on it. I've tried baking GF ones but they just don't cut it. There is one recipe that I tried that produced *close* to the real deal (you know, not the typical dense GF bread) but it's a hassle not to be able to just buy bread off the shelf. 

@MillionsOfSpiders I haven't got to watch any recordings from Philly yet, but good to know that you noticed it too, his bloat fluctuations. Like @killuridols I strongly believe his alcohol consumption the the culprit.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ok I've watched Sorry and Estranged and yes...he was less bloated in Philly. Nothing to do with angles etc. Some shows he was bloated some not.

He looked great!

His diet is highly suspect IMO.

Aye, I reckon beer, pizza and generally being a lazy rock star ain't helping the bloat much! Slash is right there with him, not the beer obviously, but he's got some belly bloat too, also some moobs and bingo wings :lol:

You get even more stick for saying Slash is fat than you do Axl, I cant remember who but someone got really pissed off at me for saying Slash is as fat ha ha

• Like 1