GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

22 minutes ago, Juliette said:

Frey, it seems that he wasn´t invited.

Well, we don't know if he was or wasn't. It's a bit sad to see people like Jimmy Webb invited and there, but not Axl :/  maybe Axl declined to go. 

Makes me think of the Opie interview from tonight's show thread. They're "business partners of a corporation" apparently. :( 

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well, we don't know if he was or wasn't. It's a bit sad to see people like Jimmy Webb invited and there, but not Axl :/  maybe Axl declined to go. 

Makes me think of the Opie interview from tonight's show thread. They're "business partners of a corporation" apparently. :( 

Yeahh i Love Slash but he should had invited his bandmates (specially Axl). 

Edited by Juliette

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well, shit.:unsure:

Just now, Juliette said:

Because they were not there. Simply. There are a lot of people in the pics but neither of the band except Duff.

Maybe this isn't a birthday dinner. They just had dinner together and that's all, it wasn't even Slash birthday yesterday. Look it's just Meegan, Duff's family and that guy and her daughter, who seems to be really close with Duff. Perhaps it was all casual and they just end up all have dinner together without thinking about the birthday at all. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Frey said:

How do you know? If there are other people there besides family members, then Axl should be invited too. I think Duff would definitely invite him.

If it serves for any consolation, Axl didn't go to Sebastian's wedding party either and we were all betting on that one too.

I think the reason why he doesn't go to these parties is because the press would make a huge fucking deal out of it. Look at what happened when he tickled Slash on stage :facepalm: the next day all headlines were "Axl tickled Slash during the show" and also because Axl knows that everywhere he goes it causes commotion. Who knows if he would need a whole security system before arriving to the restaurant. Then media would be crazy trying to get a picture of them blowing the candles :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

And what about the last gif? He's cute there. Ha, now I know all his China exchange expressions :wub:

He laughs sarcastically when the journalist asks him if he was late for the show in Chile because he was drunk and drugged (the Chilean press had reported that Axl was 2 hours late because he couldn't get out of his drunk/drugged state)

Just now, dgnr said:

Maybe this isn't a birthday dinner. They just had dinner together and that's all, it wasn't even Slash birthday yesterday. Look it's just Meegan, Duff's family and that guy and her daughter, who seems to be really close with Duff. Perhaps it was all casual and they just end up all have dinner together without thinking about the birthday at all. 

True, it just seems like a casual dinner. Even Slash's brother is not there. I don't think Slash even knew about this.

Susan and Meegan would have just decided to dine out

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

True, it just seems like a casual dinner. Even Slash's brother is not there. I don't think Slash even knew about this.

Susan and Meegan would have just decided to dine out

And they invited all these people and not Axl.. :max: mmm I don´t think.

It seems that had planned. 

Edited by Juliette

6 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah well this is better than some of you posting those weird creepy pics of Axl and Slash kissing and cuddling each other......

This is happening ONLY because today is Slash's birthday and this social media news are taking over the forum BUT do not ever dream of leading this thread :lol:

Only ladies decide where to head the ship :devilshades:

6 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

You know who else was not invited? 

izzy.jpg

hahahhahahha But "Melizzy":lol::lol: is not in the band right now. 

Is Stephanie Bday too? :facepalm: Anyway they split in bad terms. (correct me if I´m wrong).

Edited by Juliette

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, we really don't know. It's mostly just their families plus 2 other guys.

Btw, I asked this in the other thread already, but can anybody explain to me who this Jimmy Webb guy is? He hangs out with Slash and Duff all the time and is even close with Duff's daughters it seems. Who is he and what does he do? Also who is the other random guy in the birthday dinner picture? He seems familiar to me for some reason as well.

Also what Opie interview? I think I read the entire show thread and I didn't notice that :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Frey said:

but can anybody explain to me who this Jimmy Webb guy is? He hangs out with Slash and Duff all the time and is even close with Duff's daughters it seems. Who is he and what does he do? Also who is the other random guy in the birthday dinner picture? He seems familiar to me for some reason as well.

He seems like a homeless rockstar who was so much in to drugs, like look at his body and his face.

Seriously compared to this guy and the others Steven looks so good for the amount of drugs he did. 

Jimmy Webb has found his "rock n' roll heaven" within the adorned walls of Trash and Vaudeville. Having stood in St. Marks Place in New York City for more than 30 years, it's the most famous rock n' roll clothing store in the world.
Equally as famous is Trash's Jimmy Webb, the store's buyer and head salesperson. Webb has dressed everyone in the business, and lends his hand to celebrity stylists and magazines on a regular basis. He's as much a part of the Trash legacy as the clothes themselves.

http://www.staythirstymedia.com/200705st/html/LISTENINGPOST.html

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Jimmy Webb has found his "rock n' roll heaven" within the adorned walls of Trash and Vaudeville. Having stood in St. Marks Place in New York City for more than 30 years, it's the most famous rock n' roll clothing store in the world.
Equally as famous is Trash's Jimmy Webb, the store's buyer and head salesperson. Webb has dressed everyone in the business, and lends his hand to celebrity stylists and magazines on a regular basis. He's as much a part of the Trash legacy as the clothes themselves.

http://www.staythirstymedia.com/200705st/html/LISTENINGPOST.html

Huh, okay then. Guess they really appreciate his clothes or something.

Also, and I feel like a complete creep for saying this, but Duff's daughters are so beautiful. And Meegan's daughter is too in that pic with the McKagans and the Jimmy Webb guy. Don't think I've ever seen that girl before, I only ever see the other one with the long grey hair.

@Frey there's a link to the interview underneath a picture of the empty stadium in the show thread. I can't link it cos I'm at work and my phone runs so slow :) he says they have good chemistry and then he says they're business partners of a corporation :facepalm: he should have stopped talking at the chemistry bit.

• Like 1

I don't believe they're only business partners. I remember an interview from Slash where he said Axl and him had a very personal relationship and he wasnt keen on answering the journalist's question,so I think they just want to keep it that way and of course all these years of estrangement contributed as well.