GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

Of course they aren't just business partners. No one spends decades being bitter over a business partner, and obsessing over the business partner's book, and being completely over-dramatic every time the business partner gets brought up. And being desperately worried about their business partner's drug use, and feeling unable to move on without their business partner, and...

And no one spends countless nights listening to their business partner whine about their feelings, and no one gets pissed off if some random person dares to be disrespectful to their business partner because only he is allowed to talk shit about the business partner, and no one constantly thinks everything in the world, even random songs by some crappy band, absolutely must be about their business partner, because how else coud it be.

These two have a completely fucked up relationship, and it's pretty fascinating from a psychological perspective, but they sure as hell ain't just business partners.

20 minutes ago, starlight said:

I don't believe they're only business partners. I remember an interview from Slash where he said Axl and him had a very personal relationship and he wasnt keen on answering the journalist's question,so I think they just want to keep it that way and of course all these years of estrangement contributed as well.

He said they talk to each other off stage too, just leave out the words "business" and "corporation" next time, might be an idea. 

That clothes designer reminds me of Mike Monroe every time I see him at a quick glance I think he's there for a guest spot.

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Btw, I asked this in the other thread already, but can anybody explain to me who this Jimmy Webb guy is? He hangs out with Slash and Duff all the time and is even close with Duff's daughters it seems. Who is he and what does he do? Also who is the other random guy in the birthday dinner picture? He seems familiar to me for some reason as well.

As much trash as this guy looks like and seems like we couldn't respect him at all, in all honesty I think I prefer this guy and not Axl's freak show :facepalm:

don't ask me why but there's something so shady about the others, while this guy seems like a harmless old guy who likes rock n' roll for real...

46 minutes ago, Frey said:

Of course they aren't just business partners. No one spends decades being bitter over a business partner, and obsessing over the business partner's book, and being completely over-dramatic every time the business partner gets brought up. And being desperately worried about their business partner's drug use, and feeling unable to move on without their business partner, and...

And no one spends countless nights listening to their business partner whine about their feelings, and no one gets pissed off if some random person dares to be disrespectful to their business partner because only he is allowed to talk shit about the business partner, and no one constantly thinks everything in the world, even random songs by some crappy band, absolutely must be about their business partner, because how else coud it be.

These two have a completely fucked up relationship, and it's pretty fascinating from a psychological perspective, but they sure as hell ain't just business partners.

One word: bedmates

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

As much trash as this guy looks like and seems like we couldn't respect him at all, in all honesty I think I prefer this guy and not Axl's freak show :facepalm:

don't ask me why but there's something so shady about the others, while this guy seems like a harmless old guy who likes rock n' roll for real...

One word: bedmates

Yeah, I agree, the guy seems pretty harmless. Just like a happy nice old rocker dude or something.

And you wish. :lol: (Though like I said, I've legit started considering that possibility thanks to this thread)

2 minutes ago, EricA said:

Hello everybody...can't remember the backroundstory to this pic whether it was honest or ironic, but it fits to "where is axl" (on the phone) as well as "business partners":heart:

tumblr_o78xxxv6YM1v6dwtco1_500.jpeg

Is that even real? I'd think someone just photoshopped the "I love Axl" text in there.

16 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, I agree, the guy seereadingty harmless. Just like a happy nice old rocker dude or something.

And you wish. :lol: (Though like I said, I've legit started considering that possibility thanks to this thread)

Is that even real? I'd think someone just photoshopped the "I love Axl" text in there.

Could be photoshoped for real:wacko:

But anyway hopefully they are not just business partners and make a big show for us...I do never tickle my business partners during "work":P

25 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, I agree, the guy seems pretty harmless. Just like a happy nice old rocker dude or something.

32 minutes ago, EricA said:

Hello everybody...can't remember the backroundstory to this pic whether it was honest or ironic, but it fits to "where is axl" (on the phone) as well as "business partners":heart:

tumblr_o78xxxv6YM1v6dwtco1_500.jpeg

hahhaa 25 years ago.

Axl says in almost every gig (In this tour)  that Slash hates him :blink:. Axl always touches and hug him but has zero nice reaction from Slash.

I´m starting to think that he only wants the money, not the reunion with Axl as friends. So sad he didn´t invite him to that bday dinner. :question:

I don't think that Axl, Duff and Slash have a business relationship either, but I think the bitterness of the feud between them and the amount of time that has passed has affected their friendship.  Slash and Duff, have both "grown up", and are family men.  They don't appear to live the rock and roll lifestyle anymore.  Their priorities have changed.  As far as we know, Axl still hasn't settled down.  Who knows, he may be hiding a wife and 2 kids somewhere, but he doesn't appear to have moved on from the 90's in terms of lifestyle.  I think this is part of the reason you see a lot of Slash/Duff interaction off stage.  Their friendship continued through the estrangement, and they now have similar lifestyles.  It can also be difficult to truely forgive and forget, especially when a falling out has been this long and this bitter, sometimes things really never return to what they were.

15 minutes ago, EricA said:

Could be photoshoped for real:wacko:

But anyway hopefully they are not just business partners and make a big show for us...I do never tickle my business partners during "work":P

Haha yeah, good point, I don't tickle and cuddle my business partners either :lol:

9 minutes ago, Juliette said:

Axl says in almost every gig (In this tour)  that Slash hates him :blink:.

WTF? When has Axl said that Slash hates him? He's never said anything like that.

7 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

I don't think that Axl, Duff and Slash have a business relationship either, but I think the bitterness of the feud between them and the amount of time that has passed has affected their friendship.  Slash and Duff, have both "grown up", and are family men.  They don't appear to live the rock and roll lifestyle anymore.  Their priorities have changed.  As far as we know, Axl still hasn't settled down.  Who knows, he may be hiding a wife and 2 kids somewhere, but he doesn't appear to have moved on from the 90's in terms of lifestyle.  I think this is part of the reason you see a lot of Slash/Duff interaction off stage.  Their friendship continued through the estrangement, and they now have similar lifestyles.  It can also be difficult to truely forgive and forget, especially when a falling out has been this long and this bitter, sometimes things really never return to what they were.

Yeah, Duff and Slash are actual adults with adult lifes and adult responsibilities.

Axl's an eternal man-child who lives with his Brazilian "mother" who runs after him to wipe his butt.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

Who knows, either Axl was invited and didnt come or Slash didnt invite him. Everyone knows that Slash and Axl are not best friends, even though they have mended their friendship (a bit). Or maybe it was a suprise-dinner and Slash didnt knew anything about it. :)

Duff and Slash always had a very close friendship, so do their wives and their kids. Nothing wrong with having a small celebration with your family. The only people who are important and who are missing are Slash`s kids, his dad and his brother. All of them not in NY i guess.

There will be more time for celebrating, maybe after the show, with his bandmates, etc ... :)

Edited by RooSaa

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Haha yeah, good point, I don't tickle and cuddle my business partners either :lol:

WTF? When has Axl said that Slash hates him? He's never said anything like that.

Yeah, Duff and Slash are actual adults with adult lifes and adult responsibilities.

Axl's an eternal man-child who lives with his Brazilian "mother" who runs after him to wipe his butt.

at Philadelphia´s gig, and another that I don´t remember now. Much people listened.

I think Axl loves Slash but is not reciprocated.:blink: (Axl cuddled and tickled , not Slash).

He  is not a child, I think he was very bad temped before but now he behave very good. Give him a break. haha. I´m not a Beta´s fan but I think she brings him a lot of  safety and cares and this is vital for his past childhood problems.

I like Axl´s loyalty.

People with such back story together can't be just business partners, but, to be realistic, they can't be best buddies again so easily. Slash and Duff, apart from their families, have built relationships with other people, made friends, and Axl has his entourage, which is another world. Axl can't be a "friend of the family" from one day to the other and maybe he would feel uncomfortable.

But even back then, post AFD, I doubt that they were always together in such occasions. Iirc Duff went back to LA alone to get married during a tour.

Anyway, I hope there will be some nice moments tonight.

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

He laughs sarcastically when the journalist asks him if he was late for the show in Chile because he was drunk and drugged (the Chilean press had reported that Axl was 2 hours late because he couldn't get out of his drunk/drugged state)

Now that you mention that show, Sorum (btw, I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like him) said in the BBC documentary that Axl didn't want to play in that stadium when he heard about the thousands of people that were murdered there by the Pinochet regime and that was the reason he was late. This is very interesting, I'd never heard it before. I hope Axl's reaction was out of sensitivity and not because of new age nonsense about "negative energy" etc.

11 minutes ago, Juliette said:

at Philadelphia´s gig, and another that I don´t remember now. Much people listened.

Axl said something after tickling Slash, starting with "I don't know...". I couldn't understand the rest, but it didn't seem like "he hates me". Sounded like "I don't know who's the man".

He said "he ignores me" after he tickled slash. Nothing major. 

Matt Sorum said Axl wanted to cancel the chile show because he said it wasn't right, but Axl was the only who cared about it at the time. That's what I read. So I don't think it had anything to do with the new age crap. Certainly not in the vein of not playing anywhere that begins with an M :facepalm: 

• Like 1

News ladies, hot news ;)

So my french is a little poor but I think I got this right: so basically they say Slash is in New York with Meegan, her daughter, Duff's daughters and Frank daughter who get along very well. And then, the interesting part: Erin Everly joined the group in New York.

Here's the link in case one of you are fluent in french and can give it a better translation. 
http://slash.gnrfrance.net/actualites-news-slash/happy-birthday-slash-projection-privee-de-don-t-breathe-a-new-york-avant-le-concert-des-guns-au-metlife-stadium-1182.htm

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, dgnr said:

News ladies, hot news ;)

So my french is a little poor but I think I got this right: so basically they say Slash is in New York with Meegan, her daughter, Duff's daughters and Frank daughter who get along very well. And then, the interesting part: Erin Everly joined the group in New York.

Here's the link in case one of you are fluent in french and can give it a better translation. 
http://slash.gnrfrance.net/actualites-news-slash/happy-birthday-slash-projection-privee-de-don-t-breathe-a-new-york-avant-le-concert-des-guns-au-metlife-stadium-1182.htm

You just make my day!!! :dance::headbang: