GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

27 minutes ago, giuls said:

i'm sure Slash and Duff have assistants too (see the people in Perla's video) and they do very little "adults" things like cooking, ironing etc. but we never saw them because they only fill a professional role, not an emotional role like TB does, that's why the Axl's situation seems strange, i don't think TB is a good thing for Axl, they seem manipulative but i don't think Sluff do things like paying their own bill either, they have people doing that too.

It seems right to drag this piece of information here, from the "Axl's partying with models" thread in the main section, where someone mentioned that the model Caroline Winberg (who was supposedly hanging out with Axl last saturday in NYC) has been a friend of him for 10 years.

Looks like in 2014 this Swedish model talked about her friendship with Axl on a radio show she hosts, telling a funny story about how they first met at Ciprianis in New York City, having a late swedish meatball dinner at her apartment and drinking too many "Axl drinks" (champagne, vodka and cranberry juice).

"She talks about how they met at some karaoke club, Sweet Child O Mine was her favorite song, he came over from the table next to hers and asked politely if he could sing it but "like a teenage brat" she said " Dude no way, this is my song" He asked once more and she got pissed and said "This is my fucking song, I always sing it and it's my birthday"  He looked at her with a kind smile and said "but, but I wrote it. She looked at him, "his pale skin and his dreadlocks and all I could say was. What the fuck happened to your hair?" They have been friends ever since.
She mentions that she was with him when he bit the guard in Sweden, Had been to over 20 GNR concerts. Was on stage in Barcelona and got in a fight with Seb Bach because he thought she and her friend was in his way. That she had been nagging on Axl to sing Don't Cry til he did it. Having him over to a dinner party where he "of course showed up 5 hours late".

She's ending it with saying that those who have read biographies and stories in the press don't understand what a wonderful and kind person he is. how he's traveling around the world with Beta and has helped Vanessa and Fernando a lot and that they really love each other like a family (Axl and the Lebeis). She's very happy to have been a very small part of their lives."

From http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65958.0

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Why shouldn't Axl wear an expensive clothes? He's got more money than we will ever have all together. :shock: He likes wearing designer clothes, you can see also in the China Exchange videos that he notices clothes and accessories (the socks of the China guy, the watch and glasses of someone in the audience). This is something I would also put the money into if I was rich (beside travelling and seeing GNR concert lol :unsure:). He's not the only one in the band who cares what he wears. Look at Slash and his t-shirts. Moreover, there's a thread discussing Axl's clothes and you can find his t-shirts there, some of them are expensive as fuck, while some aren't at atll.  

Btw. I liked the combination of Axl in his red shirt and Slash in his yellow one. They looked like the characters from one Czech animated series. It was the first that came to my mind when I saw them. :rofl-lol:

celotisk.jpg

CoMNP2oWEAEzBmA.jpg

I can't be the only one who thought about these tasty guys right?

redandyellow.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@giuls I agree with you, Slash and Duff will certainly have people to do the mundane things in life. Like you say, that is normal. And it never trespasses into their professional lives.

When you say TB don't just have a professional roll, but an emotional one as well, that's pretty much spot. That's what i was trying to get at in my post, but I'm rubbish at expressing myself.

That's what I mean when I say they seem to keep Axl in his bubble, and he comes across as someone who can't interact with the real world, with real people. When he did the China thing, that's why I thought it was so refreshing, cos it proved he can interact with the real world and real people :) 

its just concerning as sometimes it seems as though some people want to keep him in that other reality bubble, it suits them. On the other hand, axl is intelligent enough to do as he wants. That's what I find weird.

I think Axl is totally okay with being babied but when he really wants something he does it, he was always strong willed.

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

"She talks about how they met at some karaoke club, Sweet Child O Mine was her favorite song, he came over from the table next to hers and asked politely if he could sing it but "like a teenage brat" she said " Dude no way, this is my song" He asked once more and she got pissed and said "This is my fucking song, I always sing it and it's my birthday"  He looked at her with a kind smile and said "but, but I wrote it. She looked at him, "his pale skin and his dreadlocks and all I could say was. What the fuck happened to your hair?" They have been friends ever since.
She mentions that she was with him when he bit the guard in Sweden, Had been to over 20 GNR concerts. Was on stage in Barcelona and got in a fight with Seb Bach because he thought she and her friend was in his way. That she had been nagging on Axl to sing Don't Cry til he did it. Having him over to a dinner party where he "of course showed up 5 hours late".

She's ending it with saying that those who have read biographies and stories in the press don't understand what a wonderful and kind person he is. how he's traveling around the world with Beta and has helped Vanessa and Fernando a lot and that they really love each other like a family (Axl and the Lebeis). She's very happy to have been a very small part of their lives."

From http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65958.0

At least she knew she was a brat :lol: And yes, they seem to really fill an emotional need for him.

4 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

I was happy when i read that, it's good that they hung out together, a bit shocked that he chose to hang out with models but i guess he was mainly there for Axl

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I find it hard to believe Duff was hanging out with models and Axl in a club :shrugs:

Show me the pics or it didnt happen!! :P

20160727193246781.jpeg

Case closed

There is only a little problem here. The pic is 5 years old :lol:

6 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

And who goes to a night club for intelligent conversation.  

Me, when my friends drag me to some shitty house music club...I try! 

Axl, come find me, I could have an intelligent conversation with you :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Me, when my friends drag me to some shitty house music club...I try! 

Axl, come find me, I could have an intelligent conversation with you :smiley-confused2:

You have to be joking, men go to nightclubs for the chance to stick their hand up some girls skirt, and they aren't looking for your Phd in astro-physics.:P

@killuridols Fair enough, you've got a point. Ultimately we all can only speculate anyway since people in this band don't believe in giving interviews anymore...

I think your theory about them being after his inheritance isn't all that crazy, I've thought about that before. Beta's someone who will do everything for her children and her family as she's proven with her entire life and inheriting Axl's money and stuff would be the ultimate financial security for her children and grandchildren.

And yeah, you're right about him having multiple different women do for him what one loving wife could do. Kinda sad...

29 minutes ago, giuls said:

i'm sure Slash and Duff have assistants too (see the people in Perla's video) and they do very little "adults" things like cooking, ironing etc. but we never saw them because they only fill a professional role, not an emotional role like TB does, that's why the Axl's situation seems strange, i don't think TB is a good thing for Axl, they seem manipulative but i don't think Sluff do things like paying their own bill either, they have people doing that too.

No, I wouldn't say that. I'm sure they all have cleaning ladies and things like that, but at least Duff (don't know about Slash) is far less removed from the real world than Axl is. If you read his books and interviews, he constantly talks about things like doing home improvement stuff like painting the back porch or fixing things that got broken, helping your wife do the dishes, changing your kids' diapers... He even said something about realizing he was happy when he was in the store buying diapers with the older kid and Susan calling him and telling him even more stuff that he needed to pick up from the store. There are also quite a few pictures of Duff and Susan or Duff and the kids cooking (Duff used to work as a cook, he's good at it).

I mean can you imagine Axl crawling around outside painting his back porch or standing in the grocery store buying diapers with a screaming toddler in his arms, while simultanously on the phone with his wife who tells him he also needs to pick up some tomatoes and milk? I can't to be honest.

29 minutes ago, giuls said:

I don't think he doesn't know how to take care of himself, he lived in poverty for a while, there wasn't anyone else to do it, i think he likes having someone taking care of him. 

Playing the devil's advocate a bit here, but has Axl ever actually lived on his own, without someone else watching out for his ass?

As far as I know, he went from living with his parents to living with his grandma. The years after that it seemed to be mostly that Gina Siler chick and Izzy supporting him and watching out for him.

Then after that they had their little GNR gang all watching out for each other, with Izzy saying something like "If it weren't for the four of us, I don't even want to imagine where Axl would be. Probably dead or in jail." Around the same time he also found Erin, who said she dedicated her entire life to taking care of Axl.

Alan Niven pretty soon hired babysitters for Axl and from that point on he was never without various personal assistents/babysitters/handlers again.

:shrugs:

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

It's not a new thing and not necessarily just a TB thing though. I remember rolling my eyes a couple of times while reading Craig Duswalt's (the guy who was his personal assistent before Beta) book because of how much they were babying him. :facepalm: And Alan Niven whining about picking the wrong babysitters for Axl and Slash saying in that talk show he started treating Axl with kid gloves after the car incident. He's been babied by the people around him from early on and it hasn't done him any favors imo.

Babying him how?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

And who goes to a night club for intelligent conversation.  

Well I've never had an intelligent conversation in a nightclub, ever! Most people in those places are not able to talk at all after midnight!

I wonder if Axl went to the kebab shop after :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

@Andy14Words with Friends knows! IT KNOWS! illuminati is real! 

IMG_20160727_154621.jpg

OMG! Yes :dance:. The kilt is coming. Soon is the word :smiley-confused2:

Btw. You're going to the show on Friday, right? We have to give you a list of things-to-do when you meet Axl lol :ph34r:

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

He does that to everyone he meets! Even fans! (we must dress well in case we meet him, Andy! :lol:)

Oh shit, I'm gonna spend the following months picking the right clothes in case I ever get to meet him :facepalm:. J/k :smiley-confused2:

We should dress as Slash, the way he looks at him is priceless :wub:

24 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I volunteer too. I'd have an intelligent conversation with him anytime. Anywhere. :book:

We could talk about all the things the Women's thread needs to know :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

tumblr_inline_oa2c83ckzq1u9klhb_500.gif

33 minutes ago, Epson said:

There is only a little problem here. The pic is 5 years old :lol:

omg :vomit:

stop posting that pic ffs

lol

23 minutes ago, Epson said:

btw, I've been posting actively here lately. Time to go full stealth mode.

Yeah, watch out or you'll become a tranny full of shit.

You know this thread is shit and my grandma agrees :rofl-lol:

17 minutes ago, Frey said:

@killuridols Fair enough, you've got a point. Ultimately we all can only speculate anyway since people in this band don't believe in giving interviews anymore...

I think your theory about them being after his inheritance isn't all that crazy, I've thought about that before. Beta's someone who will do everything for her children and her family as she's proven with her entire life and inheriting Axl's money and stuff would be the ultimate financial security for her children and grandchildren.

And yeah, you're right about him having multiple different women do for him what one loving wife could do. Kinda sad...

No, I wouldn't say that. I'm sure they all have cleaning ladies and things like that, but at least Duff (don't know about Slash) is far less removed from the real world than Axl is. If you read his books and interviews, he constantly talks about things like doing home improvement stuff like painting the back porch or fixing things that got broken, helping your wife do the dishes, changing your kids' diapers... He even said something about realizing he was happy when he was in the store buying diapers with the older kid and Susan calling him and telling him even more stuff that he needed to pick up from the store. There are also quite a few pictures of Duff and Susan or Duff and the kids cooking (Duff used to work as a cook, he's good at it).

I mean can you imagine Axl crawling around outside painting his back porch or standing in the grocery store buying diapers with a screaming toddler in his arms, while simultanously on the phone with his wife who tells him he also needs to pick up some tomatoes and milk? I can't to be honest.

Playing the devil's advocate a bit here, but has Axl ever actually lived on his own, without someone else watching out for his ass?

As far as I know, he went from living with his parents to living with his grandma. The years after that it seemed to be mostly that Gina Siler chick and Izzy supporting him and watching out for him.

Then after that they had their little GNR gang all watching out for each other, with Izzy saying something like "If it weren't for the four of us, I don't even want to imagine where Axl would be. Probably dead or in jail." Around the same time he also found Erin, who said she dedicated her entire life to taking care of Axl.

Alan Niven pretty soon hired babysitters for Axl and from that point on he was never without various personal assistents/babysitters/handlers again.

:shrugs:

jeez i laughed so hard at the highlighted part above :rofl-lol:

He would probably drop the baby and run away to Pakistan :lol:

I think you have a point too, Frey. He never lived on his own and he never had a home of his own until he made it with GN'R. To his credit, I also think you must be very charming, special or have I don't know what to be so lucky with always finding someone (who are not your own family) supporting you, both financial and emotionally.

There's something I always found strange and fascinating at the same time. You guys tell me what you think. There was this sort of personaly diary that Erin auctioned (among other things) where Axl wrote lyrics, thoughts and this particular list of things he wanted to achieve in the future. Something like a list of life goals.

It creeps me out how all of those items he was able to cross out in a few years after he wrote them. But please, pay attention to the last item from the list. It surprises me big.

axls goals.jpg

10 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

OMG! Yes :dance:. The kilt is coming. Soon is the word :smiley-confused2:

Btw. You're going to the show on Friday, right? We have to give you a list of things-to-do when you meet Axl lol :ph34r:

Oh shit, I'm gonna spend the following months picking the right clothes in case I ever get to meet him :facepalm:. J/k :smiley-confused2:

We should dress as Slash, the way he looks at him is priceless :wub:

I volunteer too. I'd have an intelligent conversation with him anytime. Anywhere. :book:

We could talk about all the things the Women's thread needs to know :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Yes yes my show is Friday! Lol the only thing I could do if I met him is sputter like an idiot. I will however be wearing a graphic tee and black sneakers with white soles a la Slash, so who knows. ;)

I'm going to be shaking my head when he comes out in leather jackets considering how blazing hot it is in FL. Like I don't even own a coat.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Cause he still hasn't posed for a picture with me :P

I'm sure you'd make him laugh. You're very cool and funny. :heart:

(well at least here :ph34r:)

Hey @pinkforgirls good luck on your show and bring gossip for the Women's Shit Thread! :rofl-lol:

Specifically: photos of bulges, flesh, Slaxl and/or Sluff, Janis Joplin hats and Slash curls for the Slash lovers here :lol:

9 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

@killuridols Your eyesight must be good, I can't read that last item on the list.  Maybe he doesn't smile in pictures because he wasn't happy at that time in his life.  The only photos where he consistentlly looks happy appear to be work related.

He wasn't happy there or EVER :o

-----

Ok, I have a transcript of the diary pages but one or more words are missing:

B-1 / Establish financial freedom + security
- Learn, (unreadable), invest, profit
- Plan out + pay all debts - literal & cerebral

B-2/ Establish freedom in lifestyle, fashion, leisure, sex-life

B-3/ Find home- Establish bi-coastal dwellings

B-4/ GET A FUCKIN CAR!!!!
begin the collection

B-5/ Servants (secretaries + assistants)
Female and male

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Frey said:

Oh, yes, Duff is the most reliable, one for sure, (i'm always saying this, does it seem like i'm bashing the others? I love them too :P) not doubt about it but even with this, the porch thing seemed like a hobby to him, and he is a good husband and parent who wants to be there for them, emergency diaper store run and all, but, well, i think that axl would do manial things if he enjoyed them and by all accounts he was always nice to kids, like, my mom said when i was a kid: "the true mark of a grown-up is to do things we don't enjoy doing but are necessary, so stop whining and do your chores".

not that i'm bashing them for having help, i would too if i had the money but the creepy thing about the Axl situation is not that he doesn't go to the store when he has the money to have his grocery delivered and he doesn't have emergency like no diapers (i know it's a tragedy if you finish the diapers) but the emotional role he assigned to people he's paying, imo, the latter is the thing that makes him come off as strange.

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

There's something I always found strange and fascinating at the same time. You guys tell me what you think. There was this sort of personaly diary that Erin auctioned (among other things) where Axl wrote lyrics, thoughts and this particular list of things he wanted to achieve in the future. Something like a list of life goals.

It creeps me out how all of those items he was able to cross out in a few years after he wrote them. But please, pay attention to the last item from the list. It surprises me big.

axls goals.jpg

Well, the man never liked to clean the bathroom :rofl-lol:

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why he never laughs in those kind of "social" pics?

Why the ass face?

I have a friend that rarely smile in photos because she doesn't like how she looks when she smiles maybe Axl is like that when he's not being directed to smile by photographer and it's not a show picture when he isn't aware of the camera? :shrugs:

Edited by giuls
i messed up the formatting