GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

8 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I found this one:

large.jpg

C'mon, I'm pretty sure Duff teaches Axl and Slash pole dance, it's a trend in fitness :smiley-confused2:

Isn't this when he's singing Estranged in the Tokyo '92 show?

6 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Its not easy for Him to have serious relationship again after wht hppns in the past

Everybody can have a serious relationship if they want to.

We all go through tough breakups and stuff and most people get over it, mature and find new partners.

But Axl seems to be scared of facing his reality, that's why he chooses to go with girls who have no idea who he is. Many of them probably think he's disgusting (I've seen some comments on IG photos)

The older he gets, the creepier he's gonna become if he continues dating/hanging out with 20-25 years old girls.

At some point they'll pass from looking like his daughters to looking like his GRANDdaughters :facepalm:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Isn't this when he's singing Estranged in the Tokyo '92 show?

Everybody can have a serious relationship if they want to.

We all go through tough breakups and stuff and most people get over it, mature and find new partners.

But Axl seems to be scared of facing his reality, that's why he chooses to go with girls who have no idea who he is. Many of them probably think he's disgusting (I've seen some comments on IG photos)

The older he gets, the creepier he's gonna become if he continues dating/hanging out with 20-25 years old girls.

At some point they'll pass from looking like his daughters to looking like his GRANDdaughters :facepalm:

What exactly did they say about him on Instagram ?

23 minutes ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

What exactly did they say about him on Instagram ?

I dont remember the exact words but in a picture posted by one of those models who hung out with him in NYC, another girl commented that he looked really bad, as a reply to someone else who said he looked great.

Edit: Read the comments...

Edited by killuridols

25 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I know it's been discussed here but where are the times of the femme fatale models of the 1990s?

Today's models all really look the same :facepalm:. Too skinny, no expression, no life, nothing. Thanks god they're intelligent :smiley-confused2:

Yeah. I think there were skinny models in the 90's too but they were just part of the bunch, unlike sex bombs Stephanie, Claudia, Cindy or Naomi.

Those women were stunning, with their pronounced curves and long legs.

Well, he might not want to put the time or energy into a serious relationship, and that's his choice. Not everyone has to have a wife and kids. Plus, with someone like Axl, there are all sorts of legal and financial implications...he wouldn't want to end up getting taken to the cleaners like Paul McCartney did, and California's a community property state (the state law is that unless there's a prenup, the community property earned during the marriage gets split right down the middle, regardless of who actually made the money). That last one alone is enough to stop a lot of people.

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

@Blackstar

Re: the jackets... :) I have to respectfully disagree here... we could see he was sweating while singing, and his hair was soaking wet too. So I don't think the venue was that cold that he had to put jackets on. So gotta be to prevent drips of sweat pooling on the floor he he

To me, this is nothing but a matter of business. He has like 2 or 3 designers working with him, plus lots of random clothing brands that provide him with the whole tour wardrobe. He HAS to wear onstage what the designers have provided him, otherwise, there would be no business.

He's no different than any other Hollywood star. He's also wearing a watch by a brand that loaned him that watch, for him to show off onstage, and that way he promotes the brand-

Today, while I was browsing Instagram, I noticed how X brand that I dont remember right now, posted a picture of Axl on that tshirt of the woman bending over, with the text "Show some clASS" and the caption was something like "look how great Axl Rose is wearing the tshirt we designed and now we are selling through blah bla"......

He's like a model. All of what he wears is advertising and people can buy it later.

23 minutes ago, stella said:

Well, he might not want to put the time or energy into a serious relationship, and that's his choice. Not everyone has to have a wife and kids. Plus, with someone like Axl, there are all sorts of legal and financial implications...he wouldn't want to end up getting taken to the cleaners like Paul McCartney did, and California's a community property state (the state law is that unless there's a prenup, the community property earned during the marriage gets split right down the middle, regardless of who actually made the money). That last one alone is enough to stop a lot of people.

I think it takes a lot of energy to host after parties after having performed a 2 hours show, and staying up the whole night talking to random models and drinking lots of alcohol. Socializing can be as draining, time and energy consuming, as a serious relationship if it's done the way Axl does it. He's addicted to it. And the rewards from it, without counting the wild sex he must get, are as ephemeral as the breeze. That's why he needs more and more, every night.

It is obviously his choice to remain like this for so many years. But you've gotta think what's up with a person who can ONLY engage in short-lived relationships for decades and decades. And I don't think he never yearned to have that special someone who cares only about him and no one else. Someone who cares about him for who he is, not his money, not his fame. Someone who not only wants sex and leave in the morning but stay and share breakfast, watch tv together, take a walk outside.... complicity with that unique person is the best.... We all crave for something like that. Marriage and kids come later, if you want it, but being in a exclusive relationship with someone is very rewarding if you are compatible, love each other, care for each other and fight to make it work it out if you really love them, if they really love you.

I don't think Axl is incapable of giving love like that but there must be something with him that prevents him from finding real lasting love. What he does with the models is not love. They don't love him. None of them care about him, not even as a friend. Everything's so temporary, arranged and posed that, aside from the momentary fun and "good time" they all get, there's nothing beyond that.

That emptiness you feel after everyone is gone and you go back to your lonely dark home... I cant really see what's so amazing about that. :shrugs:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

To me, this is nothing but a matter of business. He has like 2 or 3 designers working with him, plus lots of random clothing brands that provide him with the whole tour wardrobe. He HAS to wear onstage what the designers have provided him, otherwise, there would be no business.

He's no different than any other Hollywood star. He's also wearing a watch by a brand that loaned him that watch, for him to show off onstage, and that way he promotes the brand-

Today, while I was browsing Instagram, I noticed how X brand that I dont remember right now, posted a picture of Axl on that tshirt of the woman bending over, with the text "Show some clASS" and the caption was something like "look how great Axl Rose is wearing the tshirt we designed and now we are selling through blah bla"......

He's like a model. All of what he wears is advertising and people can buy it later.

I think it takes a lot of energy to host after parties after having performed a 2 hours show, and staying up the whole night talking to random models and drinking lots of alcohol. Socializing can be as draining, time and energy consuming, as a serious relationship if it's done the way Axl does it. He's addicted to it. And the rewards from it, without counting the wild sex he must get, are as ephemeral as the breeze. That's why he needs more and more, every night.

It is obviously his choice to remain like this for so many years. But you've gotta think what's up with a person who can ONLY engage in short-lived relationships for decades and decades. And I don't think he never yearned to have that special someone who cares only about him and no one else. Someone who cares about him for who he is, not his money, not his fame. Someone who not only wants sex and leave in the morning but stay and share breakfast, watch tv together, take a walk outside.... complicity with that unique person is the best.... We all crave for something like that. Marriage and kids come later, if you want it, but being in a exclusive relationship with someone is very rewarding if you are compatible, love each other, care for each other and fight to make it work it out if you really love them, if they really love you.

I don't think Axl is incapable of giving love like that but there must be something with him that prevents him from finding real lasting love. What he does with the models is not love. They don't love him. None of them care about him, not even as a friend. Everything's so temporary, arranged and posed that, aside from the momentary fun and "good time" they all get, there's nothing beyond that.

That emptiness you feel after everyone is gone and you go back to your lonely dark home... I cant really see what's so amazing about that. :shrugs:

Not really - he has no legal or emotional obligations to those people and once he goes home, he's done with them. Someone else is organizing that stuff; he's probably not worried about the logistics. He has a lot of intellectual and real property that he needs to protect, and he's also emotionally vulnerable, it seems - staying away from getting into serious entanglements with romantic partners who could prey on his emotions and take him to the cleaners financially is probably a very smart thing for him to do.

Axl DOES have long-term relationships, of the familial and platonic variety - he's had people like Del, Dizzy, some of his Indiana friends, his siblings, and Team Brazil around him for decades. He was friends with Marc Canter for a good 20 years before that fell out. So he clearly does know how to emotionally invest in people and want to keep them around for the duration. Are some of those people on his payroll? Sure, but considering he's called Beta "Mom" and the Lebeis kids name their children after him, there's an emotional stake there too. I've read statements from other people about how much Del and some of these others love Axl, and Marc Canter has said similar things. Also, those people hung around during the years when Guns N' Roses frankly wasn't doing anything and Axl was out of the public eye entirely.

He's not going back to a lonely dark apartment - he has friends and family; he has his cats; he has colleagues he enjoys working with. Axl's got way more going for him in life than a lot of people. Not everyone wants to be in a long-term romantic relationship and not everyone needs to. It's one part of life; not everything.

For the clothes - that's so common in show business and sports that it's not funny. Companies send swag and hope that celebs will wear or use it and bring attention to their brand. Same thing with the designers that dress the stars for awards shows; they do that for free to get attention. It's a mutually beneficial arrangement, and hell, if people were sending me all sorts of free swag with no strings attached. I would not turn it down.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

There was a post a few pages back by someone (Lumikki I think) about Axl not really being happy about his situation, based on him whining about being lonely and complaining about his sad sad love life. And about him firing Beta and stuff like that. I mostly agree with that. Living the life with beautiful young models is all well and good when you're 20, 30 or even 40, but there comes a point when this kind of thing starts becoming cringeworthy. Actually he already is at that point. There've already been a number of unflattering pictures of Axl looking like an ugly old perv next to some young girl. If he doesn't want to end up with his own Anna Nicole Smith, he might want to consider changing his ways.

@The Garden of Guns N Roses Where did you find that 87 mugshot of Axl? I tried to run it through google reverse image search hoping to find some more info about it but nada.

On 30.7.2016 at 8:58 PM, tiutso said:

Wow, thank Jesus :rofl-lol:

Got a link by any chance?

The authenticity of that interview was discussed in this thread. If you don't want to read the whole thread go to the last page, where someone who knows Izzy confirmed it's fake and the thread was then locked.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/201354-izzy-qa-posted-on-paradise-city/&page=8

18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

@Lumikki, @Frey, As I had posted the first time we were discussing this, Axl's mother's birth date is known (1945), so it's safe to conclude from the yearbook that she missed one school year because of the pregnancy. This means that the guy on the yearbook would normally have been one school year ahead and one year older than her (not two). But  @stella pointed out that the yearbooks are not necessarily indicative of the person's age. Since there is no other info about him, he could have been held back at school as well for various reasons (unlikely the Vietnam War though, because it hadn't escalated yet), so he could have been older. Regardless of the actual age difference, the fact that a guy with that name was at the same school with Axl's mom, is a strong indication imo (not proof of course).

I didn't know about this... From the events of that time and the way Axl acted it's obvious that he was in a bad state, but if the part about the clinic is true and he had come at that point (given his fear of psychiatrists, medicines and clinics), things were very serious. I think that, along with his other problems, the band name was more of a big burden for him than a safety net, although even now he would insist that it was the right thing to do.

Thanks for your thoughts on the school issue, I agree.

What kind of crazy stuff happened then exactly? I keep seeing references to this, but the only thing I know about is him not showing up in Philly and the tour subsequently getting cancelled.

And also this incident where he took his pants of on stage for some reason and stood around singing with his pants around his ankles :confused:

11 hours ago, Lanna said:

Here you are.ChAl2l2XEAAJRR4.jpg large.jpg

axl-rose-skull-watch.jpg

skull-red-eye.png

But those aren't models. They are friends of Fernando's wife, some of them came from Brasil to attend the Coachella shows.

That picture was taken at the after party were Fernando and his wife introduced them to Axl. One of them said he was very kind and sweet and was sharing stories about his cats and GnR old times.

So I think it might be safe to say he is smiling in that photo not only because he is surrounded by beautiful women but also because he is in a relaxed situation with family (the Lebeis) and their friends. Axl rarely if ever smiles for photoshoots, pics with fans, etc., he never did in the old days either. He uses what I call  his "professional face" :lol:

Edited by Crowecow

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, :thumbsup: for Slash's outfits. Since the Slash shirt talk in the other thread is gone :lol: I'm posting my two favorites here.

13557911_10153606568441921_2355595782353140024_n.jpg

CmYt3LxWcAEfMmn.jpg

ComfmfxXgAAo6ms.jpg

While I was looking for Slash's Bowie shirt in the picture thread, I came across this picture I hadn't noticed. Axl doing sound check is always pleasant to see as it hasn't happened many times :P (and he looks very good here):

Cl_0cIIWYAAdRm8.jpg

I agree that he didn't have to wear jackets because he was cold, but he could stand wearing them in there (he may also have wanted to protect himself from catching a cold), while in open venues where it was very hot he had no choice. I think he feels more comfortable with more clothes on and he likes the jackets, and @killuridols has also a point with the designers and the sponsors (unfortunately :()

I like the colour, but not these jackets with shorts.

---------------

I came across on this website some Axl interviews that I hadn't read before or I remembered only quotes from them. Maybe I'll be posting parts of them depending on the mood and the topics discussed in the thread.

For now, a light note relative to the picture above. It's from this 1992 interview.

IS: Don't get embarrassed, but when you were onstage I noticed how gorgeous your legs are.
AR: Ahhh! [Laughs]
IS: I'm serious. What about the issue of a man showing his legs the way you do?
AR: This issue?! Is this a big issue?
IS: Well, it -
AR: Is this, like, a big issue I haven't been fully informed of?
IS: Well, for a guy that's -
AR: Oh, O.K. I can say my opinion.
IS: Go.
AR: Meaning, like, Wow, this isn't necessarily the most macho, male, rock 'n' roll thing to do.
IS: You got it.
AR: Yes, I know. Exactly. That's kinda why I did it. It began when I wanted to wear something different and I wore a pair of red, white, and blue shorts when I was in Rio that I had found in a store. I liked them. I could move around better, because what I do is pretty athletic. I try to make my own unorthodox moves.

Axl doesn't tell it all here. I think he was fully aware what those shorts were causing to the female (and gay male) population :rolleyes:. In 1993 he switched to simple outfits though, wearing other types of shorts (NBA like?) and having the same shirt on during the whole show (or maybe changing it once).

I googled the magazine and I found out it was owned by Peter Grant at the time. The interview was accompanied with a photo shoot of Axl and Stephanie (the cover here). Axl says in the interview that he was crying during the photo session because he got a call that Izzy was leaving the band.

And this from a 1989 interview, where Axl talks about having children:

RS: Would Axl Rose make a good father?
Axl: Would Axl make a good father? Um... not yet. I love kids, but I think I would be too hard on them because... A lot of people say that when they're raised a certain way, "I'll never be like that with my children," but then those things seem to come out, whether you want them to or not, cause that's how you were taught to raise a kid. And I'm still wrestling with those things, and until I come to terms with them and feel like I could give a child the upbringing that it would deserve, I don't want to attempt it. Like I've said before, I'm so much of a perfectionist I don't want to attempt it and end up smacking it when I shouldn't have, or something. I don't want to give a child anything bad to look back on except for what may have happened in just the natural course of life. I don't want to be in the situation of, "Yeah, well if I wouldn't have locked him in his room..." You see, I get along with my father real well now. Actually, he's my stepfather, but he raised me. But I see some of the pain that he has to go through in dealing with the way he raised me, and the pain that I have to deal with in getting along with my father, and thinking back on certain things that happened every now and then, and how mad I get. I don't want those things to happen.

It was when he was trying to have (or thought that he had) a good relationship with his stepdad, but he was afraid of himself that he could be like him. Three years later he had changed his views on both his stepdad and having children and he believed that he would be a good father (and stepfather to Dylan). From the 1999 RS article it seems that he still wanted a family. Probably in the 00s he chose consciously not to have children because of his mental state back then or because he believed it wasn't his thing.

Thanks sooooo much for sharing this. I too, have never come across this interview where he was asked about his goddamn gorgeous legs as well as how his relationship with his stepdad took a better turn.

I've always thought he has never made amends with Mr Bailey...so...great to know something new albeit it being actually old LOL.

I think the magazine (RollingStone if I'm not mistaken) mentioned above was owned by Peter Brandt not Grant... though I believe you accidentally clicked G as it's near B on the keypad/board.

Mr Gorgeousness His Majesty W. AXL ROSE :P:lol:

Oh...the sound check picture has made its round in the Social Media thread. I believe it was taken before he broke his foot.

8 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Thanks sooooo much for sharing this. I too, have never come across this interview where he was asked about his goddamn gorgeous legs as well as how his relationship with his stepdad took a better turn.

I've always thought he has never made amends with Mr Bailey...so...great to know something new albeit it being actually old LOL.

I think the magazine (RollingStone if I'm not mistaken) mentioned above was owned by Peter Brandt not Grant... though I believe you accidentally clicked G as it's near B on the keypad/board.

Mr Gorgeousness His Majesty W. AXL ROSE :P:lol:

Oh...the sound check picture has made its round in the Social Media thread. I believe it was taken before he broke his foot.

I believe the photo was taken during the soundcheck before the Detroit show.