GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

Well if you think about it, Axl always finds jobs for people he's friends to or he is related to in GNR machine. Happened with his siblings, but also Paul Huge, other Indiana friends, the Lebeis, the Andrei guy or Kat. Hell he even found a place to Kat in AC/DC, there was a british photographer who used to do their shoots but meanwhile in the European tour Kat won the job :P

7 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Well if you think about it, Axl always finds jobs for people he's friends to or he is related to in GNR machine. Happened with his siblings, but also Paul Huge, other Indiana friends, the Lebeis, the Andrei guy or Kat. Hell he even found a place to Kat in AC/DC, there was a british photographer who used to do their shoots but meanwhile in the European tour Kat won the job :P

Yeah.

That's to show how much having the right connections sometimes is worth more than being talented or having lots of academic degrees.

It is a sad thing, in my opinion. But that's the way some things unfairly run in this world.

11 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Dizzy, too, right? Didn't he say he was broke and Axl to save him asked him to come play for them? IIRC Slash wasn't thrilled about this either, yes, it's definitely a thing with Axl

17 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Well what about He moaned tht Amy N' Stuart alwayswith Axl everywhere

I think one of them ran the parties he detested, so that wouldn't have helped :lol: it's just the way I read it in his book that it stuck out to me as a bit moany old man-ish the way it was written lol. Not nasty, just whingy. 

2 minutes ago, giuls said:

Dizzy, too, right? Didn't he say he was broke and Axl to save him asked him to come play for them? IIRC Slash wasn't thrilled about this either, yes, it's definitely a thing with Axl

Yeah I forgot about Dizzy ha! And Del also or even Shannon Hoon. This one actually had real talent, but he wasn't that famous at time to be a part of one of the most important songs by one of the biggest bands in the world at that time.

The list seems endless and it's definitely an Axl thing - I can understand why it annoyed Slash.

"I want to get fucked up" is literally in my head all the time. Not a song I can sing out load, haha, but some of her new stuff is pretty good. And "Foxy Felines" I like.  I've been wanting to see her live since she's all crazy with the fake blood and stuff (although she'll probably not do that on the GnR stage) so I'll watch periscope when she's on. 

Edited by Mandy123

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

Yeah I forgot about Dizzy ha! And Del also or even Shannon Hoon. This one actually had real talent, but he wasn't that famous at time to be a part of one of the most important songs by one of the biggest bands in the world at that time.

The list seems endless and it's definitely an Axl thing - I can understand why it annoyed Slash.

West Arkeen also, but he was a pretty good guitarist, I like the intro of Crash Diet, its weird that we wrote with the band but they din't invite him to play on the illusions tour when Izzy left. 

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

Teddy Zig Zag too

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

51 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

"I want to get fucked up" is literally in my head all the time. Not a song I can sing out load, haha, but some of her new stuff is pretty good. And "Foxy Felines" I like.  I've been wanting to see her live since she's all crazy with the fake blood and stuff (although she'll probably not do that on the GnR stage) so I'll watch periscope when she's on. 

I just heard that one. It's better than the first songs, I guess..... yet, I don't know. To me it's just a mess :P like I hear it and it reminds me of too many other bands that I can't find any originality in it. But I guess that's because I'm old :tongue2:

LOL @Andy14 :rofl-lol:

Those gifs are great!!!

The subtitles are kind of fast :P but it's very funny. Congrats!!

Maybe you could make a second part and talk about the "Janis Hat" :heart: and how much that one is killuridol's favorite :wub: and well, so you know... the whole janis joplin trip :lol:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The subtitles are kind of fast :P but it's very funny. Congrats!!

The gif will be played in a normal speed if you click on it (with the middle mouse button) and watch it in the new opened tab.

Edited by Epson

37 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Maybe you could make a second part and talk about the "Janis Hat" :heart: and how much that one is killuridol's favorite :wub: and well, so you know... the whole janis joplin trip :lol:

Ha, yeah. I was thinking about doing something with the China exchange gifs so It can be Axl talking about Janis hat and killuridols :P

21 minutes ago, Epson said:

The gif will be played in a normal speed if you click on it (with the middle mouse button) and watch it in the new opened tab.

What's up with the speed? It works normal for me :wacko:

Btw. And now I'll be banned forever from entering GNR or ACDC show :smiley-confused2:

On 01.08.2016 at 6:42 PM, SerenityScorp said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZy7gM-4_MGTuVwkOc_3s

That's not Izzy,

On 01.08.2016 at 8:27 PM, Jane M. said:

That's Tracii Guns but still nice to look at. :wub:

and it isn't Tracii Guns either.

13 hours ago, srizzy said:

what do you think about the pink slips? (duff's eldest daugter band) 

Don't really care for her music, really hope the aesthetic she's going for dies out as soon as possible.

But I liked Time Waster for the melody. Except for that part where the riff was pretty much ripped off of Nirvana. 

Bratty Attitude was catchy.

She's inherited her father's pun skills, though. Her calling herself Grave instead of Grace and her latest song being called "Heavenly metal" as a play on "Heavy metal" both sound kinda lame, tbh :D

Edited by tiutso