GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 hour ago, tiutso said:

That's not Izzy,

, nor is it Tracii Guns.

Don't really care for her music, really hope the aesthetic she's going for dies out as soon as possible.

But I liked Time Waster for the melody. Except for that part where the riff was pretty much ripped off of Nirvana. 

Bratty Attitude was catchy.

She's inherited her father's pun skills, though. Her calling herself Grave instead of Grace and her latest song being called "Heavenly metal" as a play on "Heavy metal" both sound kinda lame, tbh :D

Lol, poor Her to inherited His pun skills instead of His music skills

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Ha, yeah. I was thinking about doing something with the China exchange gifs so It can be Axl talking about Janis hat and killuridols :P

omg hahahaahaaaa

Janis hat, Janis jewelry, Janis voice :heart:

Sir David Lang could operate as Axl's nemesis, trying to tell him he can't go that route of drugs and Woodstock.
Also failing at dying at 27 :ph34r:

Only bad thing about the China Exchange thing is that he's not actually wearing the hat, hahaaa

About the CD songs being played by them, this is a quote from EddieMoney:

"I may be late to the discussion but I am pleased to confirm that Axl didn't specifically ask or instruct Slash and Duff to learn Chinese Democracy songs.  Instead, it went like this.  The band members got together for rehearsals (without Axl) about 3 weeks before they had the tour meetings that resulted in a failed deal with Izzy and special appearance verbal agreement with Steven Adler.  Duff encouraged Slash to learn the CD songs that he had played on the previous tour in which he participated. Axl was nowhere to be found at the rehearsals and actually supposedly "forgot" they were taking place and made other plans. The way I understood it was that Slash didn't necessarily love the idea of playing so many of these songs but thought it would be cool if they also play a song or two of VR. As far as we know Axl hasn't even rehearsed Slither, Fall to Pieces with the band. My communication with certain people involved in the band has been limited recently, and when I speak with them I can't press them for questions that only us forum nerds would care about. 

I first reported that CD songs would be played and most of you didn't believe me. At the time, I had heard that they would play at least two songs. I had no idea that they would try and work in 4. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess, Slash being Slash...he's not that very confrontational (up to certain point --- remember the story of him driving in the car trying his best to approach the subject of having Axl to apologize to his grandma by choosing the right words so as not to offend Axl) and even though he would love to have his effort playing CD songs being reciprocated with Axl singing VR songs, I guess for now its best left as it is...so as not to jeopardize the tour.

He'll probably approach the subject more as the tour goes, hey, I'm guessing, printing and keeping Slither on the alt setlist is one of his 'passive-aggressive' ways to persuade Axl to finally agree on practicing and singing VR songs. All speculation here by me :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dgnr said:

Well if you think about it, Axl always finds jobs for people he's friends to or he is related to in GNR machine. Happened with his siblings, but also Paul Huge, other Indiana friends, the Lebeis, the Andrei guy or Kat. Hell he even found a place to Kat in AC/DC, there was a british photographer who used to do their shoots but meanwhile in the European tour Kat won the job :P

How good was the British photographer who was with AC/DC before?

I have nothing against Kat personally. Nothing whatsoever. But this bugs me. I've been saying this for years....her work is just....mediocre at best. Why oh why oh why does he keep her? And to get her a stint in shooting for AC/DC?? I'm no expert in photography, but even from my untrained eyes, I just never felt anything, from her pictures. They never evoke emotions, you know? 

I wonder IF...IF @recklessroad Marc and Axl make amends... would Marc be willing to shoot GN'R part time :P. I know he's too tied up with his deli....but it would be awesome to see his work with a different era of Axl + Slash + Duff. 

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

LOL we have to talk more Melissa here!! :P

She could be either our ally or our worst enemy (like most women)

:ph34r:

I get a good vibe from her. She also re-tweeted my tweet which means she cares for others! Plus she has nice hair that does this cute bouncy thing in the show.

@marlingrl03 yup was posted by SerenityScorp few pages previously, but no need to delete, God knows what a feast for our eyes all the pictures on this thread are :P

We NEED all the workouts these pictures give us so that we don't suffer from cataract when we get old LOL

Edited by cheesecake
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, dgnr said:

Well if you think about it, Axl always finds jobs for people he's friends to or he is related to in GNR machine. Happened with his siblings, but also Paul Huge, other Indiana friends, the Lebeis, the Andrei guy or Kat. Hell he even found a place to Kat in AC/DC, there was a british photographer who used to do their shoots but meanwhile in the European tour Kat won the job :P

He really does seem to want to take care of his friends and family and always tries to find them jobs...and the fact that he did rescue his siblings from Indiana as soon as he had the means to do so speaks volumes IMHO.

• Like 1

Found a portait made by Sasha. It's a portrait of one of her friends who is an interior designer. So, even if she is not an Arts student as I remember having read somewhere, she at least likes drawing as a hobby. Also, she seems to hang out to a lot of artsy places. I think it is interesting, I did not expect that. 

For some reason I have problems uploading the painting. I'll try later. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cheesecake said:

How good was the British photographer who was with AC/DC before?

I have nothing against Kat personally. Nothing whatsoever. But this bugs me. I've been saying this for years....her work is just....mediocre at best. Why oh why oh why does he keep her? And to get her a stint in shooting for AC/DC?? I'm no expert in photography, but even from my untrained eyes, I just never felt anything, from her pictures. They never evoke emotions, you know? 

I wonder IF...IF @recklessroad Marc and Axl make amends... would Marc be willing to shoot GN'R part time :P. I know he's too tied up with his deli....but it would be awesome to see his work with a different era of Axl + Slash + Duff. 

I would love to be "all girls together" and say what a great break she got and how well she's done, but I just can't. I hate all the black and white stuff, there's far too much of it, you drain something of its colour and it takes away from the picture imo. Now AC/DC are all b&w too! 

I was having a look through my pile of old tour programs the other day and I found a Chinese Democracy tour one, the one with the red hand on the front so think it was a 2010 one, they didn't put the year on it :facepalm: anyway...all the pics inside are b&w and it totally ruins in for me. 

I got a couple of rock magazines issued in England recently for the reviews of the tour and their pictures are really good, so much better.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I would love to be "all girls together" and say what a great break she got and how well she's done, but I just can't. I hate all the black and white stuff, there's far too much of it, you drain something of its colour and it takes away from the picture imo. Now AC/DC are all b&w too! 

I was having a look through my pile of old tour programs the other day and I found a Chinese Democracy tour one, the one with the red hand on the front so think it was a 2010 one, they didn't put the year on it :facepalm: anyway...all the pics inside are b&w and it totally ruins in for me. 

I got a couple of rock magazines issued in England recently for the reviews of the tour and their pictures are really good, so much better.

Yeah, Kat's not great. I've never liked her work. I've seen much better pics taken by fans on the front row. And you're right about the black and white. It's nice once in a while, but I like colour too.

Also, about Axl looking out for his friends and family. That's one positive way to look at it. There are other ways of showing you care. Personally, I'd call it nepotism if someone gets a job just because he's a friend/family, instead of being the best man for the job. Before you know it, all your friends and family totally depend on you, and imo no one benefits from that in the end. Knowing half of the Lebeis family is on Axl's payroll kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and it makes me understand why people scream 'Leeches!'. Paying some little guy to pick out pretty young girls to party with after the show is taking it very far and just downright creepy imo. But that's the way Axl likes it, I guess. It's his life, his choice, but that's just my opinion.

• Like 3