GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

9 hours ago, tiutso said:
On 01.08.2016 at 8:27 PM, Jane M. said:

That's Tracii Guns but still nice to look at. :wub:

and it isn't Tracii Guns either.

This would be 1987, when Tracii had already gotten himself a shoulder tattoo, which is clearly not present here. Plus he's got guns on his right arm, and the handles should be visible at that angle, which they aren't here.

As a matter of fact, that's Richard Duguay in the pic. The one who played some guitar on The Spaghetti Incident?, of Personality Crisis fame.

Has Pamela Des Barres' book on groupies ever been mentioned/discussed here?

9 hours ago, annablue said:

@Andy14 I think you need to find a way to show the band - I think they'd get a real kick out of it. Axl would have a great laugh I'm sure! 

What band? :ph34r: Lol. No! :rofl-lol:. I don't want Axl to fly all the way to Europe to rip me apart and make me attend Good Behaviour with Grandpa Angus :nervous: 

7 hours ago, cheesecake said:

HILARIOUS!!!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I hope this gets shared in the AXL/DC forum (or has it been shared?)

Thanks! No, I haven't shared it anywhere, just this thread. This is the only safe place lol :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

What band? :ph34r: Lol. No! :rofl-lol:. I don't want Axl to fly all the way to Europe to rip me apart and make me attend Good Behaviour with Grandpa Angus :nervous: 

Thanks! No, I haven't shared it anywhere, just this thread. This is the only safe place lol :ph34r:

Axl seems not to be the temperamental person he used to be these days... I'm sure he'll laugh his ass off seeing it. Creatively funny :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Lio said:

Also, about Axl looking out for his friends and family. That's one positive way to look at it. There are other ways of showing you care. Personally, I'd call it nepotism if someone gets a job just because he's a friend/family, instead of being the best man for the job. Before you know it, all your friends and family totally depend on you, and imo no one benefits from that in the end. Knowing half of the Lebeis family is on Axl's payroll kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and it makes me understand why people scream 'Leeches!'. Paying some little guy to pick out pretty young girls to party with after the show is taking it very far and just downright creepy imo. But that's the way Axl likes it, I guess. It's his life, his choice, but that's just my opinion.

If we're talking about something like, say, the situation with "Sympathy for the Devil" where Paul Huge's guitar parts were used over Slash's, yeah, not okay. On the other hand, a lot of the jobs that Axl has hired friends for have been "personal assistant" type gigs - things where it made sense that he hired someone he knew and trusted. Del, his sister and some of the Indiana friends have all had jobs for him like that - in the (I forget if it's) GQ or Esquire article from 2006 ish, there was his Indiana friend Dana Gregory who said he was hired to let repair people into Axl's home while he was sleeping and perform other tasks like that. I can understand why he'd want to have a friend or relative do that instead of a stranger, since they'd be in his house while he slept and he'd need someone he could feel safe with.

And it seems like a lot of those friends used it as a leg up, not a permanent thing - AFAIK his siblings and the Indiana friends all found their own way eventually. Even people like Del have had jobs that have had nothing to do with Axl or his business.

The situation with the Lebeis family seems so complicated that I don't even know what to think about it. I don't know if Axl would still be here today if people like Beta and her family hadn't been there for him during those 1990s and 2000s years when he was out of the public eye and seemed to be having some difficulties. He calls Beta "Mom" and I'm sure that's not a lightly taken thing for him. On the other hand...they're not just his adopted family; they're working for him, and the dynamic is probably complex.

In my own life, I've always heard that you should never work with friends or get into business ventures with them because it's a really good way to lose them, though.

16 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

She went to Arts School? Where?

That was only a rumor. One person said she read somewhere about Sasha going to a prestigious art school in the UK.

No one else has ever heard anything about that or come up with proof, so until then I'll keep treating this as a rumor.

8 hours ago, cheesecake said:

About the CD songs being played by them, this is a quote from EddieMoney:

"I may be late to the discussion but I am pleased to confirm that Axl didn't specifically ask or instruct Slash and Duff to learn Chinese Democracy songs.  Instead, it went like this.  The band members got together for rehearsals (without Axl) about 3 weeks before they had the tour meetings that resulted in a failed deal with Izzy and special appearance verbal agreement with Steven Adler.  Duff encouraged Slash to learn the CD songs that he had played on the previous tour in which he participated. Axl was nowhere to be found at the rehearsals and actually supposedly "forgot" they were taking place and made other plans. The way I understood it was that Slash didn't necessarily love the idea of playing so many of these songs but thought it would be cool if they also play a song or two of VR. As far as we know Axl hasn't even rehearsed Slither, Fall to Pieces with the band. My communication with certain people involved in the band has been limited recently, and when I speak with them I can't press them for questions that only us forum nerds would care about. 

I first reported that CD songs would be played and most of you didn't believe me. At the time, I had heard that they would play at least two songs. I had no idea that they would try and work in 4. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess, Slash being Slash...he's not that very confrontational (up to certain point --- remember the story of him driving in the car trying his best to approach the subject of having Axl to apologize to his grandma by choosing the right words so as not to offend Axl) and even though he would love to have his effort playing CD songs being reciprocated with Axl singing VR songs, I guess for now its best left as it is...so as not to jeopardize the tour.

He'll probably approach the subject more as the tour goes, hey, I'm guessing, printing and keeping Slither on the alt setlist is one of his 'passive-aggressive' ways to persuade Axl to finally agree on practicing and singing VR songs. All speculation here by me :P

Well, by now they must have talked about Slither, Axl seems Aggresive-Aggresive to me :P Slither is still in the Alt setlist, i don't think Axl is one to shy from the subject. (LOL at Axl forgetting about rehersal)

@Andy14 i loved the gifset! :rofl-lol:

aWWW, The McKagan family's dog is cute!

Sasha's drawing... meh :shrugs:

3 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

St. Martin London

Actually, it was a rumour and no-one found a source for it, i tend to believe it was bullshit tbh

To long Member/account here, I wonder when Dexter/Axl first time join this forum, after People talks about Him on a thread. How did He knows about tht thread or this forum? How did He knows People talks about Him at tht time tht makes Him angry N' made an account so He can reply to You All? 

2 hours ago, tiutso said:

This would be 1987, when Tracii had already gotten himself a shoulder tattoo, which is clearly not present here. Plus he's got guns on his right arm, and the handles should be visible at that angle, which they aren't here.

As a matter of fact, that's Richard Duguay in the pic. The one who played some guitar on The Spaghetti Incident?, of Personality Crisis fame.

Never heard of him. You always learn something new here. Thanks.

16 hours ago, Ota said:

This year Axl´s sister Amy wrote on Facebook about her satanic STEPFATHER. I was suprised why stepfather? She regretted that he is alive and wished his death. Status wiped out. She knows that Bailey is her stepfather.

16 hours ago, killuridols said:

What did she write about her... "stepfather"? How come? He's supposed to be her FATHER, her real father. :question:

Now I'm confused again.

I asked this exact same question a while ago in this thread. Are Amy and Stuart both Axl's half-siblings or are Axl and Amy full siblings and Stuart is their half-brother. Because you can find both versions on various websites all over the net.

I was told here that Amy and Stuart are both Axl's half-siblings, which is what I always assumed.

But here's someone who says Amy was talking about her evil step father on her facebook. So maybe the sites that claim Axl and Amy are full siblings have got it right after all? Maybe Axl's mom had another kid with William Rose?

:question:

@Ota Do you maybe remember what exactly Amy wrote on her facebook? Or do you have a screenshot of it maybe?

Also it's interesting to hear that the bastard is still alive apparently. 

Wonder what he thinks about Axl being on top of his game again. If he even knows. The guy might be senile by now and live in some institution.

Edited by Frey

27 minutes ago, giuls said:

Actually, it was a rumour and no-one found a source for it, i tend to believe it was bullshit tbh

28 minutes ago, Frey said:

That was only a rumor. One person said she read somewhere about Sasha going to a prestigious art school in the UK.

No one else has ever heard anything about that or come up with proof, so until then I'll keep treating this as a rumor.

And possibly a rumor started by Sasha herself LOL.

If she were to claim it to be true, then I would say that she also pulled a Melania Trump there :lol: 

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

I'm sorry but I'm worried about Duff's left leg :ph34r:

I stared at it forever too, trying to figure out where his other leg is lol

Also trying to figure out what sort of lock they have on the double doors behind him. Not for any nefarious purposes though :awesomeface: