GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

Oh wow, no wonder Izzy runs and hides, 

even with the kind of money these Guys have, I wouldn't want it if this is the kinda of trade off you have to live with.

I still cringe at some of my teenage antics, but to have them posted for all to read. I would rather stick pins in my eyes.?

...and think how much worse it's going to be for the stars coming up now - the press is going to have a field day with them because of social media. Think about it, years and years of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media gold for them to mine for their stories, LOL.

I had the Net when I was a teenager, but I'm so damn glad we didn't have Facebook and such yet, LOL. Reading my old journals is amusing enough. :)

4 hours ago, Archtop said:

OMG @Lumikki what have you been reading? People posting their groupie experiences, Shame on them that's dispicable behaviour. ?

Isnt this why Dizzy's marriage ended, a kiss and tell by a groupie?

God bless social media.

(ETA - apparently the site is still around and I don't want to lead people to it because it IS invasion of privacy), many years ago, had a page that went into detail on lots of rock stars' sexual prowess. In some cases there was even info on the size of their genitals and their hygiene habits. And of course everyone read it simply for the morbid curiosity. Groupies who had slept with these guys apparently wrote in. I thought that most of it was a pretty egregious invasion of privacy, and for all anyone knew they could have been looking at stories from two decades ago that weren't accurate anymore, but I did think it was good when they mentioned the rock stars who had tendencies to be violent/demeaning/not want to wear condoms. That's a legit warning.

I also remember the groupie book. It was being offered as a free PDF at one point so I did download it, but never read it. Word is that it ended both Dizzy and Sebastian Bach's marriages, and Bach at least was swearing up and down that the information about him wasn't true.

Edited by stella

6 hours ago, Lumikki said:

@killuridols Since you were disappointed about the lack of interaction between Slash and Axl: Have you seen the videos in the social media thread? Slash pats Axl's shoulder at the end of the WTTJ video and Axl talks about how it's been 23 years since the three of them last played together. It's not much, but it's something at least :P

I just saw that. Thank you! 

shitty day for me today. Been out and about. My tummy hurts :(

Yeah, Slash touches Axl but Axl..hahaha... Slash seems a bit shy or scared to do that. I can see they're not that much comfortable with each other yet. Well, that was very first show, so..

Lets see what happens now that Axl is rocking his foot again.

3 hours ago, pinkforgirls said:

Oh wow I have never seen this picture. The parted in the middle, feathered hair is killing me (in a good way) and the sunglasses still seem wearable today....and apparently all I can do is compliment ppl's sunglasses today. /o\ 

I remember Gina's interview. It was really interesting. She called him extremely intelligent and assessed that something chemical happened to him when he got angry. He also used to sneak into her bedroom at night. She's never talked again though.  

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, Slash touches Axl but Axl..hahaha... Slash seems a bit shy or scared to do that. I can see they're not that much comfortable with each other yet. Well, that was very first show, so..

I made a little junky gif because I am bored and should just go to sleep...

157ob7.gif

Edited by pinkforgirls
  • Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:07 PM, stella said:

He's a redhead; if he steps outside in the sun for two seconds he's going to be fried and turn red, LOL. He doesn't have 'drinkers' nose,' which is a pretty telltale sign of alcoholism.

i'm a redhead as well and I turn red at practically anything :P if I get embarrassed I turn red as a cherry , if i get angry I turn as bright red as a tomato. my skin is that pale translucent color that most real redheads have. I rarely consume alcohol but when I do my usual transluscent skin turns a very bright red blotchy color. so I seriously doubt that Axl has to be a drunk just because his skin turns red; there are so many reasons why his does, probably a lot of the same reasons mine does! by the way in this screen cap I took from a long ago concert I laid claim to his "carpet that matches the drapes" *swooning at the thought of where that carpet is leading to* mine ALL mine I tell ya! :D :axl92::wub:Axl Crotch Shot pubes.PNG

7 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i'm a redhead as well and I turn red at practically anything :P if I get embarrassed I turn red as a cherry , if i get angry I turn as bright red as a tomato. my skin is that pale translucent color that most real redheads have. I rarely consume alcohol but when I do my usual transluscent skin turns a very bright red blotchy color. so I seriously doubt that Axl has to be a drunk just because his skin turns red; there are so many reasons why his does, probably a lot of the same reasons mine does! by the way in this screen cap I took from a long ago concert I laid claim to his "carpet that matches the drapes" *swooning at the thought of where that carpet is leading to* mine ALL mine I tell ya! :D :axl92::wub:Axl Crotch Shot pubes.PNG

I have very pale Nordic coloring, and it's the same thing with me - if I even *look* at the sun I get burned, and it's very easy to tell when I'm embarrassed, tired, etc. because my skin blushes and gets flushed very easily. So I agree; I don't think a ruddy complexion has anything to do with drinking in Axl's case. He also lives in Southern California where there's a lot of sun. When he's outside during the day I would wager that he *needs* those hats and sunglasses so he doesn't get fried.

As to the drapes and carpet, I'm not into any of the band members so I certainly won't stand in your way, it's all good. :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Frey said:

Would you really though? :lol: I mean these pictures are pretty old. That baby is a teenager now, right? And Slash doesn't look much better than Axl nowadays. 

And I hate myself for knowing this, but I remember these groupie stories as well. I remember they said Duff is a "quick shooter" and Slash nothing to write home about :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

So much for rock stars... but I guess it's understandable with how much they were drinking and doing drugs and everything...

Yeah. I recognize he isn't in his best shape right now but he's still good looking.Plus I like the way Slash is and the music he plays

• Like 2

Didn't Izzy say Axl never got no pussy back in Indiana? But this Gina girl is from Indiana as well right? So Izzy was wrong after all about Axl not getting any :lol:;)

20 minutes ago, starlight said:

Yeah. I recognize he isn't in his best shape right now but he's still good looking.Plus I like the way Slash is and the music he plays

Fair enough.

I'd imagine it might have been after leaving his religion and moving out of his parents' home? Axl's said that his church raised him with the idea that anything sexual was dirty and wrong, and he didn't stop going until he was well into high school.

I thought the comment from Izzy was stupid, though. Many kids aren't sexually active in HS for all sorts of reasons and it doesn't mean they're losers; it means they're not ready, they're working things out; they haven't gotten past their awkward stage yet;  they're concentrating on other things; etc. A lot of people I knew in high school were totally straight-laced, and yet when we were all in college they slept around a lot. Being away from one's parents, having more freedom and being around a lot of other horny college students will do that, LOL.

1 hour ago, stella said:

I'd imagine it might have been after leaving his religion and moving out of his parents' home? Axl's said that his church raised him with the idea that anything sexual was dirty and wrong, and he didn't stop going until he was well into high school.

I thought the comment from Izzy was stupid, though. Many kids aren't sexually active in HS for all sorts of reasons and it doesn't mean they're losers; it means they're not ready, they're working things out; they haven't gotten past their awkward stage yet;  they're concentrating on other things; etc. A lot of people I knew in high school were totally straight-laced, and yet when we were all in college they slept around a lot. Being away from one's parents, having more freedom and being around a lot of other horny college students will do that, LOL.

I thought Izzy's comment was pretty dumb as well. So what if Axl didn't have sex during high school? Like you said, lots of kids don't and there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I think it would be better for most kids to wait a little longer. And Axl did eventually find himself a pretty nice girl it seems, so...

But I just remembered Gina said Axl was 20 or something when they started dating. If he really never touched a woman before that (although we don't know that for sure obviously), I can see why that would seem strange to Izzy, considering that the average age for that kind of thing lies quite a bit lower and Izzy and the other guys in the band all seem inordinately proud of the fact that they were screwing around from a young age (*cough* Slash *cough*). :facepalm:  Sorry for the dig at Slash, but that man sure loves talking about what he got up to at 12 or 13 and all the older women he managed to have sex with :rolleyes: (Not that Izzy or Steven are much better).

Men. :facepalm:

9 hours ago, Kira said:

I remember Gina's interview. It was really interesting. She called him extremely intelligent and assessed that something chemical happened to him when he got angry. He also used to sneak into her bedroom at night. She's never talked again though.  

I thought it was really interesting as well, without being trashy or overly scandalous. Where did you hear that about him sneaking into her bedroom? That's kinda cute, but I don't remember that from the interview I read. Or maybe I've just forgotten. I should see if that interview is still around somewhere.

10 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yes, I thought he seemed a bit hesitant as well. Not just there, but also in other moments. But right now I'm feeling optimistic things will get better and better between them. Hopefully.

And you get well soon! Stomach pains suck.

Edited by Lumikki

I want to discuss Axl's teeth (current). 

We all know he had some work done on his teeth back in the day. I cannot help but notice this year that his teeth look.... odd? Like they look REALLLLLLLLLLLYYYYY FAKE. Too opaque or something? Anybody notices the same thing? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stella said:

Spot on! :thumbsup:

There's no way for us to know when Axl lost his virginity and I'm not curious either. I'm soooo past that phase of wondering such things about people and yes, I hated Izzy for saying that because when he said that he must have been well into his 40's or even older and I find pathetic that a person that age talks about those things or makes jokes about that.

Also, most of kids in school brag about having sex and stuff because there's so much stupid peer pressure about it that the ones who didn't do it feel inferior or like they're slow. I say bullshit to all of that. That's where all the unwanted pregnancies begin. In my time, I also discovered the ones saying they had done this or that were all liars. They had done nothing. :max:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

But I just remembered Gina said Axl was 20 or something when they started dating. If he really never touched a woman before that (although we don't know that for sure obviously), I can see why that would seem strange to Izzy, considering that the average age for that kind of thing lies quite a bit lower and Izzy and the other guys in the band all seem inordinately proud of the fact that they were screwing around from a young age (*cough* Slash *cough*). :facepalm:  Sorry for the dig at Slash, but that man sure loves talking about what he got up to at 12 or 13 and all the older women he managed to have sex with :rolleyes: (Not that Izzy or Steven are much better).

Men. :facepalm:

Yes, I thought he seemed a bit hesitant as well. Not just there, but also in other moments. But right now I'm feeling optimistic things will get better and better between them. Hopefully.

And you get well soon! Stomach pains suck.

Gina and Axl moved to L.A. together. I can't say she was his first girlfriend but she was the one who he was living with during his first year in L.A.

12 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

We all know he had some work done on his teeth back in the day. I cannot help but notice this year that his teeth look.... odd? Like they look REALLLLLLLLLLLYYYYY FAKE. Too opaque or something? Anybody notices the same thing? 

I think his teeth look more natural now than they did in the 90s. 

Now he has that cute chipped front tooth again. 

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I can't help but find that chipped tooth endearing. #teamchippedtooth

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Spot on! :thumbsup:

There's no way for us to know when Axl lost his virginity and I'm not curious either. I'm soooo past that phase of wondering such things about people and yes, I hated Izzy for saying that because when he said that he must have been well into his 40's or even older and I find pathetic that a person that age talks about those things or makes jokes about that.

Also, most of kids in school brag about having sex and stuff because there's so much stupid peer pressure about it that the ones who didn't do it feel inferior or like they're slow. I say bullshit to all of that. That's where all the unwanted pregnancies begin. In my time, I also discovered the ones saying they had done this or that were all liars. They had done nothing. :max:

I didn't hate him for saying that, but I was... negatively surprised as well. That's the kind of comment I'd expect from a teenage boy or maybe from interviews back in the day, but this was in the 2000s already. That was a pretty immature thing to say for someone around 40. But hey, like I said, the other guys in the band aren't much better, so I probably shouldn't be surprised by stuff like that. :facepalm:

And I know what you mean. I'm thankful I escaped most of that kind of high school drama by being in a really laid-back all-girls class in high school.

19 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Tbh, I haven't payed attention to his teeth. Or noticed anything about them, except that they're the typical unnatural white of most Hollywood people.

I never realized he had chipped tooth? Apparently I really don't pay much attention to his teeth. Pics?

10 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I'm wondering what part of Axl's body hasn't been discussed and analyzed yet :smiley-confused2::rolleyes:

His toe nails maybe? :lol:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

During most of the 80's his teeth was putrid from so much cigarettes, probably drugs too and of course, lack of dental hygiene but for the Don't Cry video he had it all fixed already. I think he fixed it in 1990 actually.

It looks odd because it's all perfect lined up teeth but it's not different than all of the other celebs in Hollywood. There's a special treatment where they put a new skin, like a pouch in every tooth and they are all whitened, so yeah. Everybody with money can affort that perfect teeth.

Not opaque at all.

3 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

DSC4747_aaa.jpg

There..the chipped tooth. And the color is just...off?

Everybody noticed that and I wonder what happened... and why havent fixed it yet?

• Like 1