GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

13 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

His toe nails maybe? :lol:

10 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

Ha. I do believe there is a freckle on his left shoulder that has yet to be scrutinized. ;p

Oh no, you want to tell me that he hasn't been examined through and through? Shame on us! We are so ignorant. Poor Axl, he must feel so unwanted :cry:

(written in sarcasm font)

:rofl-lol:

9 minutes ago, Epson said:

I am surprised you haven't discussed his tattoos yet. 

And yes, I am secretly reading all your posts here. :ph34r:

And what about his nipple piercing?

Keep going, we won't tell anyone :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Epson said:

I am surprised you haven't discussed his tattoos yet. 

Time at a time.

Rather have topics come up naturally than rushing everything off and making a mess :P

For reference purposes, I'm gonna poste the whole Gina interview here, since it seems mostly gone from the internet, except for some strange ancient looking website:

AXL ROSE AND GINA SILER 

*From Guns N’ Neuroses by Dean Kuipers, Spin Magazine; September, 1991*

Gina Siler spent three years in the eye of the maelstrom of Axl’s ambitions, rages, and adolescent scrapes with cops. She began dating Axl when she was 17 and still a senior in high school. Axl was 20 and had already bussed or hitchhiked out to LA and back twice. In December 1982 she finished high school early so she and Axl could move to LA together in her car. They lived together on and off until 1985, and were engaged to be married “about nine times” by her count. She jokingly calls herself “the missing link” because she says Axl now refuses to acknowledge her. Gina attended the University of Arizona and is now a professor of Astronomy there.

“When I met him”, Gina says, remembering, “I was having my seventeenth birthday party. He had on a long trench coat, dark glasses, collar pulled up, and said he was trying to stay away from the police. I asked : ‘What happened?’ He said : ‘Nothing. They just always bother me. They always harass me, no matter where I am.’ But he would do some pretty wild things. They would go out and drink and do some stupid things, like smash windows along Main Street.”

Gina recalls that the first time Axl bussed back to visit her from LA, cops got to him before she did. “He was walking down the street, and it was probably two o’clock in the morning. From the back, he looks very effeminate, with his long hair - not common for that area - and very thin legs, and he had a long coat on. These police were making comments, making gestures, because they thought he was a woman. Until he turned around, and they were very embarrassed to find out it was a male. So they started hassling him, because they were homophobic as hell. They questioned him, and then found out it was Bill Bailey, who’d obviously been in trouble before, and threw him in jail.”

According to Gina, “He called me about three o’clock in the morning and said : ‘I’m in jail. You got to get me out.’ I skipped school the next day. And they brought him out in cuffs. Took him to court. I had to pay his bail.” How strange that Axl would later end up sounding like a scared Midwestern cop, espousing the same misdirected homophobia.

“There was so little there to do.”, Gina explains. “He’d be in fights a lot. And I don’t think he’s even conscious of what he does, or how angry he gets. Somebody told me that he’s on lithium, to try and control it, because he’s a manic depressive. I always thought there was something chemical that happened to him when he was angry. That image of him sitting in the electric chair in the video ‘Welcome to the Jungle’, looking crazed, says it all. That’s what he looks like when he’s pissed off. And when you see that coming at you from across a room, coming near you, it’s frightening as hell. And I’m not very big, and that made it even worse. I won’t go much into that.”

“He came back from LA in the summer after my junior year, which would have been 82,” said Gina. “And then he spent the summer here, and we had a wonderful time. We did a lot of hallucinogens. Wrote a lot of poetry. Did a lot of writing. Did lots of skateboarding. We’d go to parks and play Frisbee; we always had music with us, Queen or Nazareth or AC/DC or Sex Pistols or Aerosmith. We’d go hang out at Purdue. We’d sit around in somebody’s room and do acid and paint on the walls. I had pink hair and dressed real strange, so we always had the police around a lot. One time, there was a baseball game across the street at the park, and there was almost a huge fight. And it was, like, nine or ten good ole boys, and then us, and nothing had happened. They just didn’t like us because we had different ideas. Axl and David Lank had designed this huge banner; they wanted to call the band Axl. Izzy was already in LA - there was this idea of things they wanted to do, but for a long time, Izzy and Axl just didn’t click.”

“The people back in Indiana, they missed out on something that I got to experience,” says Gina. “I lived with him during that period of ‘Bill’ to ‘Bill Axl’ to ‘Axl’. It was the strangest thing, because some days he’d be Bill, some days he’d be Axl, some days I didn’t know who the hell he was. I didn’t know what to do, because I didn’t know what person he was. For a long time he tried to dispel the fact that he had ever lived in the Midwest. He was trying to build an image, and a persona of the musician he thought he wanted to be. And sometimes I find it ironic that the thing which he tried most to get away from is what he’s trying most to go back to now.”

“He is extremely intelligent,” insists Gina. “That was one of the things that attracted me to him. He is just a nit-picky perfectionist and when things don’t go smoothly and to his liking he just loses it. He blows up. I’ve seen him do it on many occasions, smashing things and breaking things and yelling and screaming - holes through walls. I saw him do it one too many times.” Gina and Axl left Lafayette for good in her car on December 19, 1982 and moved into “some shit hole” at 1921 Whitley Avenue in Hollywood.

“He knew he wanted to be in a band. He was made to be a musician. I went to West LA Community College, and had some cheesy part-time job somewhere. We lived there for five months, and then I moved out. He stayed there, and then Izzy moved in for a while. In fact, while we were living there he got into the band Hollywood Rose.” It became apparent that neither Axl nor any of the other future Gunners lived “on the streets” as much as they would like us to believe. “There were times when he would take my car to practice,” says Gina. “I would help him do his make-up. No, he didn’t live on the streets entirely. I helped him out quite a bit. I don’t think he likes to think about that, though. There were times, granted, when he lived on the streets after I’d kick him out because I got tired of trying to support the both of us, and I got tired of fighting. I would describe the two of us as putting a nuclear warhead in your living room and hitting it with a hammer and just waiting. That was what the two of us together were like.”

Gina says she bought him the rose tattoo for his birthday - the one that reads ‘W. Axl Rose’ and sealed his identity in blood. Another Lafayette pal bought Axl his first PA system for Christmas years earlier (on condition that he bring it back when he became a star, which he did). Members of that Lafayette Commune have remained GNR satellites to this day. But a few, including Gina, were disgusted by Axl’s flickering vision once the star-maker machinery kicked in for real around late 1985.

During the years 1983 through 1985, Axl networked and threatened to dye his hair black or blond. On many occasions he also threatened to cut it off and go back to school and become a ‘suit’. Axl and Gina “didn’t do drugs then,” she says. “He exercised a lot. We didn’t have any money to do anything.”

Gina returned to LA from Phoenix to visit Axl at the end of 1985. “It was a huge apartment. And these people were just sleeping everywhere. I remember Axl and some other guy - I can’t remember his name - picked me up at the airport. I was really pissed because they were doing heroin. Really pissed. God, that weekend was awful. All we did was fight. I shouldn’t even tell you this, but when I went to see him before ‘Appetite’ came out, and all he said to me was, ‘I can’t wait until this album’s done, because I want to lock myself in a room for six weeks and do heroin’.”

Gina points to the recent single, Civil war, from the George Harrison Romanian relief album, performed at Farm Aid IV, as a hopeful sign that Axl and GNR might have survived mega-decadence with part of their more positive vision intact. But many of the band’s hometown critics simply see them continuing a hard spiral into madness.

Axl wrote the following letters to Gina in 1981. He honestly did love her and I don’t think he cheated on her from 79-83.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/ginasiler.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@cheesecake Oh I see what you mean. And yes, I agree, it's cute. #teamchippedtooth as well.

33 minutes ago, Epson said:

Don't worry, you're clearly not the only one :lol:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

by the way in this screen cap I took from a long ago concert I laid claim to his "carpet that matches the drapes" *swooning at the thought of where that carpet is leading to* mine ALL mine I tell ya! :D :axl92::wub:Axl Crotch Shot pubes.PNG

WTF? That's not a screen cap you took, that's a photograph that someone like Marc Canter or Jack Lue (or some other photographer) took. :question:

6 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Axl has had some cool hand writing

He still does! Still looks exactly the same on the autograph he gave me recently.

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ha! The nipple piercing is very interesting, mainly because of that interview when some lady asks him about it and his response :lol:

I wonder what made him decide to get one in the first place.

It's not so much the colour of Axls teeth its the shape. I've noticed this a lot with veneers it's like the tooth becomes too thick, and looks unnatural. 

Having said all that I would love to have my teeth fixed and whitened, recent quote from the Dentist was hellishly expensive and mine really are not that bad, a little crooked and I would need a veneer on the front as it is also chipped (cricket ball accident many years ago).

The work a lot of these celebrity's have must cost a fortune and if it's extensive and changes the actual shape of thier mouth it never looks good.

40 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

For reference purposes, I'm gonna poste the whole Gina interview here, since it seems mostly gone from the internet, except for some strange ancient looking website:

AXL ROSE AND GINA SILER 

*From Guns N’ Neuroses by Dean Kuipers, Spin Magazine; September, 1991*

Gina Siler spent three years in the eye of the maelstrom of Axl’s ambitions, rages, and adolescent scrapes with cops. She began dating Axl when she was 17 and still a senior in high school. Axl was 20 and had already bussed or hitchhiked out to LA and back twice. In December 1982 she finished high school early so she and Axl could move to LA together in her car. They lived together on and off until 1985, and were engaged to be married “about nine times” by her count. She jokingly calls herself “the missing link” because she says Axl now refuses to acknowledge her. Gina attended the University of Arizona and is now a professor of Astronomy there.

“When I met him”, Gina says, remembering, “I was having my seventeenth birthday party. He had on a long trench coat, dark glasses, collar pulled up, and said he was trying to stay away from the police. I asked : ‘What happened?’ He said : ‘Nothing. They just always bother me. They always harass me, no matter where I am.’ But he would do some pretty wild things. They would go out and drink and do some stupid things, like smash windows along Main Street.”

Gina recalls that the first time Axl bussed back to visit her from LA, cops got to him before she did. “He was walking down the street, and it was probably two o’clock in the morning. From the back, he looks very effeminate, with his long hair - not common for that area - and very thin legs, and he had a long coat on. These police were making comments, making gestures, because they thought he was a woman. Until he turned around, and they were very embarrassed to find out it was a male. So they started hassling him, because they were homophobic as hell. They questioned him, and then found out it was Bill Bailey, who’d obviously been in trouble before, and threw him in jail.”

According to Gina, “He called me about three o’clock in the morning and said : ‘I’m in jail. You got to get me out.’ I skipped school the next day. And they brought him out in cuffs. Took him to court. I had to pay his bail.” How strange that Axl would later end up sounding like a scared Midwestern cop, espousing the same misdirected homophobia.

“There was so little there to do.”, Gina explains. “He’d be in fights a lot. And I don’t think he’s even conscious of what he does, or how angry he gets. Somebody told me that he’s on lithium, to try and control it, because he’s a manic depressive. I always thought there was something chemical that happened to him when he was angry. That image of him sitting in the electric chair in the video ‘Welcome to the Jungle’, looking crazed, says it all. That’s what he looks like when he’s pissed off. And when you see that coming at you from across a room, coming near you, it’s frightening as hell. And I’m not very big, and that made it even worse. I won’t go much into that.”

“He came back from LA in the summer after my junior year, which would have been 82,” said Gina. “And then he spent the summer here, and we had a wonderful time. We did a lot of hallucinogens. Wrote a lot of poetry. Did a lot of writing. Did lots of skateboarding. We’d go to parks and play Frisbee; we always had music with us, Queen or Nazareth or AC/DC or Sex Pistols or Aerosmith. We’d go hang out at Purdue. We’d sit around in somebody’s room and do acid and paint on the walls. I had pink hair and dressed real strange, so we always had the police around a lot. One time, there was a baseball game across the street at the park, and there was almost a huge fight. And it was, like, nine or ten good ole boys, and then us, and nothing had happened. They just didn’t like us because we had different ideas. Axl and David Lank had designed this huge banner; they wanted to call the band Axl. Izzy was already in LA - there was this idea of things they wanted to do, but for a long time, Izzy and Axl just didn’t click.”

“The people back in Indiana, they missed out on something that I got to experience,” says Gina. “I lived with him during that period of ‘Bill’ to ‘Bill Axl’ to ‘Axl’. It was the strangest thing, because some days he’d be Bill, some days he’d be Axl, some days I didn’t know who the hell he was. I didn’t know what to do, because I didn’t know what person he was. For a long time he tried to dispel the fact that he had ever lived in the Midwest. He was trying to build an image, and a persona of the musician he thought he wanted to be. And sometimes I find it ironic that the thing which he tried most to get away from is what he’s trying most to go back to now.”

“He is extremely intelligent,” insists Gina. “That was one of the things that attracted me to him. He is just a nit-picky perfectionist and when things don’t go smoothly and to his liking he just loses it. He blows up. I’ve seen him do it on many occasions, smashing things and breaking things and yelling and screaming - holes through walls. I saw him do it one too many times.” Gina and Axl left Lafayette for good in her car on December 19, 1982 and moved into “some shit hole” at 1921 Whitley Avenue in Hollywood.

“He knew he wanted to be in a band. He was made to be a musician. I went to West LA Community College, and had some cheesy part-time job somewhere. We lived there for five months, and then I moved out. He stayed there, and then Izzy moved in for a while. In fact, while we were living there he got into the band Hollywood Rose.” It became apparent that neither Axl nor any of the other future Gunners lived “on the streets” as much as they would like us to believe. “There were times when he would take my car to practice,” says Gina. “I would help him do his make-up. No, he didn’t live on the streets entirely. I helped him out quite a bit. I don’t think he likes to think about that, though. There were times, granted, when he lived on the streets after I’d kick him out because I got tired of trying to support the both of us, and I got tired of fighting. I would describe the two of us as putting a nuclear warhead in your living room and hitting it with a hammer and just waiting. That was what the two of us together were like.”

Gina says she bought him the rose tattoo for his birthday - the one that reads ‘W. Axl Rose’ and sealed his identity in blood. Another Lafayette pal bought Axl his first PA system for Christmas years earlier (on condition that he bring it back when he became a star, which he did). Members of that Lafayette Commune have remained GNR satellites to this day. But a few, including Gina, were disgusted by Axl’s flickering vision once the star-maker machinery kicked in for real around late 1985.

During the years 1983 through 1985, Axl networked and threatened to dye his hair black or blond. On many occasions he also threatened to cut it off and go back to school and become a ‘suit’. Axl and Gina “didn’t do drugs then,” she says. “He exercised a lot. We didn’t have any money to do anything.”

Gina returned to LA from Phoenix to visit Axl at the end of 1985. “It was a huge apartment. And these people were just sleeping everywhere. I remember Axl and some other guy - I can’t remember his name - picked me up at the airport. I was really pissed because they were doing heroin. Really pissed. God, that weekend was awful. All we did was fight. I shouldn’t even tell you this, but when I went to see him before ‘Appetite’ came out, and all he said to me was, ‘I can’t wait until this album’s done, because I want to lock myself in a room for six weeks and do heroin’.”

Gina points to the recent single, Civil war, from the George Harrison Romanian relief album, performed at Farm Aid IV, as a hopeful sign that Axl and GNR might have survived mega-decadence with part of their more positive vision intact. But many of the band’s hometown critics simply see them continuing a hard spiral into madness.

Axl wrote the following letters to Gina in 1981. He honestly did love her and I don’t think he cheated on her from 79-83.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/ginasiler.png

This interview is amazing! Sounds a lot to what my first-hand source told me :)

But the letters are not for Gina. I think these are part of the batch that Erin auctioned. These letters were sent to Erin, as far as I know.

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This interview is amazing! Sounds a lot to what my first-hand source told me :)

But the letters are not for Gina. I think these are part of the batch that Erin auctioned. These letters were sent to Erin, as far as I know.

Your first-hand source? And told you about what exactly? Do tell, I'm curious :lol:

But I think these letters were around long before Erin ever auctioned her stuff off? At least I think I saw these for the first time a long, long time ago. And I also took them from that ancient website I mentioned that clearly hasn't been updated in years.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2016 at 9:36 AM, Lumikki said:

Well, who wouldn't be jealous :P Duff is literally the only guy out of that bunch that I would actually consider marrying. Seems like the only sane and trustworthy one. Smart, good looking and kind-hearted as well. Can you tell I love Duff? :lol:

It'd have to be a polygamous relationship cos he;s the only one I'd marry too! And I don't even go for tall guys as a rule ; ) 

Seriously, DMcK is my hero. x

Talking of age I am 51. Please do tag me too. Think it is a great idea to have a women's thread. I can't help but be interested in the wives and girlfriends. (Rock WAGS!)

• Like 1

On 6/2/2016 at 1:57 AM, pinkforgirls said:

Hello ladies!

I am new to the forum but a longtime GNR fan (back in the day of Axl’s old teeth). I was at the 1991 New Year’s Eve show in Miami that Duff mentions in his book and I still have my ticket. It was weird and awesome to read about it when I was actually there. \m/

I’ll be seeing the show in Orlando where it will be so murderously hot there is zero chance that anyone (ummm looking at you Axl) will be wearing leather jackets or flannel layers. Anyway hoping for a some  ~fashion opinions. Generally I think it’s kinda lame to wear band shirts of the actual band when they are performing but this Slash one is pretty cool. Otherwise Misfit Marilyn? What do you guys think?

small%20slash.jpg

small%20misfit%20marilyn.jpg

Wear something strappy if it's going to be hot with something to layer up in if it gt cooler. Cool t-shirts though. 

4 minutes ago, BetterDay7 said:

Wear something strappy if it's going to be hot with something to layer up in if it gt cooler. Cool t-shirts though. 

I went ahead and ordered the Marilyn because I like it's weirdness. I only wish for it to be cooler tho. Summer nights in Florida are blazing. <3

1 hour ago, BetterDay7 said:

It'd have to be a polygamous relationship cos he;s the only one I'd marry too! And I don't even go for tall guys as a rule ; ) 

Seriously, DMcK is my hero. x

Talking of age I am 51. Please do tag me too. Think it is a great idea to have a women's thread. I can't help but be interested in the wives and girlfriends. (Rock WAGS!)

Wow, flashback to the the first page of the thread! :lol: But hey, we can work something out. I'm willing to share. Seriously though, Duff is my hero too. I can't say enough good things about him.

And he's still adorable: :wub::wub::wub:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Duff/521full-duff-mckagan.jpg

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

Talking about Duff, I've just read (in the London thread) a post from a guy who'd met Duff in London today. So it looks like Duff's going to see Axl tomorrow. Ain't it sweet? :wub::lol:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I have a distinct recollection of Axl mentioning his first girlfriend in an interview somewhere and it was somebody other than Gina. So I don't think she was his first girlfriend.

Interesting. I don't remember Axl ever talking about any kind of first girlfriend. What did he say about her/what was the context?

And this is is what I like about this thread, you learn something new all the time, even if you feel like you've seen and heard everything.

14 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Talking about Duff, I've just read (in the London thread) a post from a guy who'd met Duff in London today. So it looks like Duff's going to see Axl tomorrow. Ain't it sweet? :wub::lol:

What?! OMG, that's amazing! Duff going to see Axl with AC/DC. Awwwww  :wub::wub::wub:

Maybe Slash will be there too? That would be very sweet of them :heart:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

@Lumikki That interview is a gold mine, thank you! Call me crazy, but I really wanna see Axl pissed off and breaking everything around him. I mean, he's basically fabled for it, and the way she described the look in his eyes makes it even more interesting. And sharing those letters is an invasion of privacy, but then again it gives us more insight into Axl's psyche and makes it easier to relate to him.

18 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Duff is the best. :heart:

2 hours ago, pinkforgirls said:

I am waiting *ahem* patiently for the tattoo discussion. 

Alright, let's discuss his tattoos. Axl has the coolest tats out of everyone in the band imo, he was one of the pioneers of the typical rock star frontman image - short and tight shirts & pants and tattooed arms. But his aren't overbearing like nowadays' sleeves and full body crap (Slash's are similar in that aspect, but his are less colorful or something) ... Though he should really get them touched up. They've gotten smudged and desaturated over the years, so he should fix that.