GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

12 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Nope it's true apparently. That Raggedy Ann story came from that guy from GQ magazine who went around Lafayette and interviewed various people there. Axl's childhood friend Dana Gregory talked about it.

It’s the shots of him at eighteen that move me, though. He isn’t pretty yet, he hasn’t begun to think of himself as a rock star. He’s a boy-man, with a trace of fear in his pugnacious stare. I can’t remember what he’d done, that time. Stolen another kid’s bike, I think. Or destroyed another kid’s bike. When I first saw his hair, I understood something Dana had told me hours before, at a bar: that when they were children, Axl was Raggedy Ann in the Christmas parade. Looking longer, a person could understand something else, too, about the Midwestern darkness in his voice.

http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2010/10/18/bill-bailey-comes-home/

The metamorphosis of Bill, the friend of his youth, in whose mother's kitchen he ate breakfast every morning, his Cub Scouts buddy (a coin was tossed: Bill would be Raggedy Ann in the parade; Dana, Raggedy Andy), into—for a while—the biggest rock star on the planet, a man who started riots in more than one country and dumped a supermodel and duetted with Mick Jagger and told Rolling Stone he'd recovered memories of being sodomized by his stepfather at the age of 2, a man who took as his legal name and made into a household word the name of a band—Axl—that Gregory was once in, on bass, and that Bill was never even in…

http://www.gq.com/story/final-comeback-axl-rose

And since wikipedia tells me that Cub Scouts are ages 7-12 or so, Axl was way older than that toddler in Frey's picture even when they put him into that dress/costume :P  I'm sure he looked cute in a dress too, but yeah, also surprised that the stepfather allowed it.

And I agree, I'd also like to see a picture of that. And Cub Scouts (they have special uniforms too, right?). Although Axl was such a cute kid, he probably would have looked adorable in a potato sack. It's kind of annoying that there are barely any decent childhood pictures of him and yet there are like a million childhood pictures of Slash. I already posted a ton of Slash's here once and recently I came across even more on Tumblr that I'd never even seen before :facepalm:

I agree with that first paragraph. If Axl is bi/gay, well, I wouldn't be shocked, but if he is, then I think he's probably one of these people who never act on it (Slash kind of being the exception, judging by Adriana's story and stuff like that), but then talk about it on their deathbed or something.

I've also noticed Axl's behavior and mannerisms are way more flamboyant these days than they used to be. He always kind of was that way, but nowadays he seems more... expressive? open? with his facial expressions and body language. I don't know how to describe it, but I  do often notice it when I see videos of him talking and interacting with people and things like that.

-----------------------

@Andy14 I love that video too. I've watched it like 3 times already. His smile :wub:  It's so amazing to see how well he handles complications like that these days.

@starlight That picture of Slash and his boys is just the cutest thing :heart: They must miss him a lot. Does anyone know where that picture originally came from? It'd be cool if they get to go on tour with their dad for a while now. Maybe meet Uncle Axl... :P

whats adrianas story????

28 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I dont know. I'm tripping. I should be sleeping now.

I know how that is.....I will be a total zombie tomorrow!  Up at 4:30 a.m. tomorrow for work, then go to the airport at midnight and arrive in SF at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday and head to the concert around 7 p.m. Wish I could sleep on planes. :(

Edited by marlingrl03

I'm in an insomnia night here and I thought 'well, I'm going to see some vids and gifs on women's thread'. 

AND I BUMPED INTO THIS!!!

On 15/07/2016 at 2:36 PM, Andy14 said:

Oh sorry, my mistake. I was too lazy :P

But here's another video of Axl teasing Slash (in Mickey costume) :rofl-lol:

How come we never had a particular talk about this???

This is cute as hell, I'm actually melting, Axl tries to get his attention but Slash is (surprisingly...not!) playing the hard to get.

Also we all know what kind of irony is present in here...

OH and Axl even makes 'cafuné' in Slash :wub::wub: (cafuné is a portuguese word that hasn't any word to translate to english and means literally: 'to run your fingers in the hair of someone you love')

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 3

Lots of Laxl moment here

Lol at 0:23

01:04 :wub:

03:01 first time see Slash approaching Axl instead the other way around

@dgnr He always acts cool on stage, poor Axl. He always gets cold shoulder from Slash

They Both loves Mickey :D

I think He's just patting Slash's head

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

I'm also curious about his wardrobe choices these days. The shirt around waist, something I know he wore in the 90s, it resembles a skirt now. Most of the time it looks like he's wearing a skirt. I love it, but it is odd :lol:

AxlDC Aarhus 15.jpg

Sometimes to me he looks like a mixture of a man-child and an extravagant lady :heart:. All of this is gold to me, I love it, I love his image, the Janis hat, the skirts (lol), not the weird vest from the other night, but all in all, I dig Axl's crazy outfits and I support this looks. But I know many people think he's weird and dont like what he wears. I love analyzing why he dresses like this. Mike Amiri said on Instagram that he spent a good couple hours talking to Axl about fashion and how he came to develop his looks. How I wish I could have heard that! Axl hardly ever talked publicly about his sense of fashion :max:

Axl Smiling.gif

So I had to look up Mike Amiri, and found these two pictures.  Which came first, the Axl style or the Amiri style?

mike amiri.jpg

mike amiri1a.jpg

3 hours ago, tiutso said:

All of the books capitalising off of spreading rumors couldn't be trusted, in my opinion. But knowing how the drugs used to flow and how people thought themselves bohemian, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole scene fucked one another on a regular.

_____

Still wouldn't hold Axl's attire against him, to be honest. Would've actually cheered for him if he never went in the UYI direction in terms of clothing. Or if he started wearing skirts like Jaden Smith. Or whatever else. It's next to impossible for men to wear anything but male-coded clothes without being immediately associated with queerness, so it kinda makes it hard for men to do the whole thing that women did in the beginning of the last century. You're likely to be pressured into identifying as genderqueer or trans. Fucking hard to convince the crowds that you just love not wearing pants.

Actually, as proved by my avatar i'm a huge Stones fan, in an interview a journo asked him if it was true he and bowie fucked in X year as Angela Bowie said, i don't remember what year exactly, and he only answered with "it wasn't X year", in Marianne Faithfull's auto-biography she said Mick fantasized out-loud about doing sexual things with Keith, when asked about his sexuality directly he only says "i think sexuality is fluid"  and Marianne Faithfull, Jerry Hall and Anita Pallenberg all said Mick's one true love is Keith (Anita actually said Mick and Keith should get married, one of my favourite quote) so it's a bit more than sensationalist biographies when talking about Mick's sexuality.

I agree that how you dress doesn't mean anything about sexuality, thou

All the Slaxl is cute as hell @dgnr @SerenityScorp

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

Thank you for posting those quotes. Now I remember. I read that GQ article but I didn't remember that. Looks like Axl and his friend must have done it away from the sight of his parents, lol. That's cool :)

As for the childhood pictures, I think that depends a lot on your parenst and how much they are into art and technology. I don't have a lot of pictures of me when I was a kid either :unsure: My parents weren't into photography and weren't skilled with cameras. Also, back in the day cameras were a bit expensive and not so easy to use, like now you have cameras in your cellphones and thats it. So probably, Axl's parents were boring like that, while Slash parents were more progressive and into arts, that's why they would photograph their children more often.

Since it was a parade/Cub Scouts project, they might not have minded?

With the cameras, I think expense is the biggest thing with that. Film was expensive; getting it developed was also expensive, and up until the 1980s when built-in flash on cameras became common, most of the time you actually had to buy the flash, too (seriously - flash cubes or flash bulbs...). It's probably the #1 reason that there aren't a lot of childhood photos for a lot of people who grew up in the 60s and 70s, and why a lot of the photos that do exist are special occasions.

With Slash, his family was artsy and IIRC his dad was actually a photographer. They also seemed to know a lot of other people in the arts, so ten to one, Slash and his brother were around a lot of people who took a lot of pictures. A lot of photographers have/had their own darkrooms and developed their own film, as well.

9 minutes ago, giuls said:

Actually, as proved by my avatar i'm a huge Stones fan, in an interview a journo asked him if it was true he and bowie fucked in X year as Angela Bowie said, i don't remember what year exactly, and he only answered with "it wasn't X year", in Marianne Faithfull's auto-biography she said Mick fantasized out-loud about doing sexual things with Keith, when asked about his sexuality directly he only says "i think sexuality is fluid"  and Marianne Faithfull, Jerry Hall and Anita Pallenberg all said Mick's one true love is Keith (Anita actually said Mick and Keith should get married, one of my favourite quote) so it's a bit more than sensationalist biographies when talking about Mick's sexuality.

I agree that how you dress doesn't mean anything about sexuality, thou

All the Slaxl is cute as hell @dgnr @SerenityScorp

Rock Band's Singer N' Their Guitarist :rolleyes:

When We will get a confession from Axl or Slash :P

• Like 2

And in terms of sexuality and appearance, it's probably important not to conflate the two. Axl's in a business where people do often dress very flamboyantly regardless of their sexuality, and if he didn't wear eyeliner onstage/etc. his features would fade into the lights. If he wears it offstage, well, guyliner is a thing and there are plenty of straight guys who are into it.

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Wow. ..interesting! So similar! Who is this Mike person???

He's Axl's stylist for this tour, he designated a lot of clothes he's wearing

4 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Rock Band's Singer N' Their Guitarist :rolleyes:

When We will get a confession from Axl or Slash :P

Right?! I have a type of relationship i find interesting, even before i knew all this stuff i found them fascinating, i don't know what vibe they get off 

2 minutes ago, giuls said:

He's Axl's stylist for this tour, he designated a lot of clothes he's wearing

Right?! I have a type of relationship i find interesting, even before i knew all this stuff i found them fascinating, i don't know what vibe they get off 

Singer N' Their Guitarist always looks more intimate to Me than Them to the Other Members...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marlingrl03 said:

Wow. ..interesting! So similar! Who is this Mike person???

Clothing designer from LA with several celebrity clients.  According to @killuridols , who knows these fashion matters, Axl weards $1000 Amiri destroyed jeans.  Also hats, jackets, and "custom flannel and cast", apparently.  

• Like 1

I think its Amiri style, N' Axl loves tht tyle so He choose Amiri for His clothing designer for this Tour

I guess Axl wanted to wear kilt again but know tht it isnt fit with Him anymore, coincidentally He see tht style/tht photos somewhere N' try it as a replacement for the kilt

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I think its Amiri style, N' Axl loves tht tyle so He choose Amiri for His clothing designer for this Tour

I guess Axl wanted to wear kilt again but know tht it isnt fit with Him anymore, coincidentally He see tht style/tht photos somewhere N' try it as a replacement for the kilt

Axl & flannel tied around his waist came first.  :axl92: :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

The flannel shirt tied around the waist was very much an early 90s thing. Lots of people did it, Axl didn't invent it. It showed up on sitcoms, even. Here's Joey Lawrence in "Blossom" from like 1991, for instance...

b70f3ae9d8d8c7130eab8a7784a6fded.jpg

Trixter, photo in 1990...

trixter1.jpg

Edited by stella

On August 4, 2016 at 7:31 AM, stella said:

When you're subpoena'd you have to go to court. It's a court order, and if you don't go, they can hold you in contempt of court and throw you in jail. She didn't really have a choice there. Not a pleasant thing. And on that, IMHO Eirn would have been more than justified to be pissed iMHO...Stephanie actually exploited Erin's traumatic experiences to fuel her own lawsuit, which is a pretty shitty thing to do.

Agree

On August 4, 2016 at 9:41 AM, nonok said:

Heeeey, this is the way I like this thread to go. Gossip ftw! :headbang:

My two cents are that someone (Axl, Erin or Stephanie) literally drove a truck into something or someone at some point in time. Otherwise it's not such a big thing to be pissed at on Erin's part. Unless, of course, her "source" told her there's more to that post than meets the eye. Or Erin knows something huge we don't.

In any case, Go Erin!

5 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Keeping up with the straight/gay/bi theme of tonight...

"There's like... no chicks in this bar, did you notice that?" :rofl-lol:

3 hours ago, stella said:

And in terms of sexuality and appearance, it's probably important not to conflate the two. Axl's in a business where people do often dress very flamboyantly regardless of their sexuality, and if he didn't wear eyeliner onstage/etc. his features would fade into the lights. If he wears it offstage, well, guyliner is a thing and there are plenty of straight guys who are into it.

8 hours ago, HeartbreakerWoman said:

I don't think Axl is gay or bi. He's just a rockstar. Who are known to dress/act flamboyantly. Examples:

I don't think anyone was seriously saying Axl is gay or bi just because of the way he dresses. If that were true, a lot of people would be very, very gay :D

People just like to speculate and gossip.

If we try to look at it a little more seriously there's actually not much proof for Axl (or Slash) being gay/bi. Besides Axl being kinda fabulous in the way he dresses and acts, there is:

- All the Slaxl stuff in this thread, mostly Axl apparently liking to have Slash in bed with him or having him involved in threesomes with women

- Alan Niven saying Axl is bi. But Alan Niven is an idiot and it seemed like he mostly said that because of the way Axl dresses as well

- The rumor about Axl and the Swedish soccer player that was brought up early in this thread

- Axl being seen at gay bars and gay gyms. But that doesn't mean shit either because lots of non-gay people hang out at gay bars these days

- Doth protest a bit too much?

- ??????

As for Slash...

- he likes to fuck Axl look-alikes and is used to having things shoved up his ass?

- sometimes kisses dudes (mostly Duff)?

- he's around a lot of gay people and even has a gay nanny for his kids? but that doesn't really mean shit except that he's comfortable around LGBT people (or that Perla has him by the balls :D)

- ??????

Edited by Frey

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Has this picture made into here before? (I'm miles behind on this thread:facepalm:). I think it fits right in with this threads current theme :lol: Mr I'm fabulous Rose! 

image.jpeg

I shouldn't laugh, but he looks like a cross between Elton John and a fat cokehead I know of down my road :lol: 

Edited by Snake-Pit
  • Like 2