GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

4 minutes ago, Frey said:

No! I was only making a dumb joke at Axl's expense ;)

How can you???!!! I would never make a joke at Axl's expense :max:

:rofl-lol:

Btw. Where are you from? That's the only question unanswered here ;)

B5E7Mv_IMAAE_Ll.jpg

It's kinda hilarious that for all of the people saying that Slash used to absolutely murder BMX competitions, he was so fucked up by the time GN'R gained traction and started vlogging or whatever that he couldn't manage to do much anymore. Every time I see a vid he just ends up falling over :D

6 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

So Effy, Violet, Angus and... Axl? :awesomeface:

Fun Fact: This is not even the first time that Slash has a cat named Axl. I remember Slash talking about his cat Axl in an old interview from the 90s or the 2000s or something. He said that the cat was agressive and difficult and liked to piss all over the place, so he named it Axl :rofl-lol::facepalm:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

6 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Guys, I cringed too, but I wouldn't take it too seriously without knowing anything else about it. It's probably just some weird teenager thing we're too old to understand. I've seen that kind of thing on Tumblr too. People that I assume to be teenagers tagging pictures of Axl or Slash or Robert Downey jr. or whoever with "daddy". :shrugs:

@killuridols they named one of their cats after Axl? :lol: I don't follow any of Duff's or Slash's children on IG, but I have seen some pictures and I know they have 4 grey cats (one for each of them). This cute picture of Slash with two of the cats was posted here somewhere some time ago.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Slash/c526020a9aff17aedca539511ff940e8.jpg~original

I also remember reading somewhere that Slash named his cat Angus (:lol:), and Meegan mentioned two of the others being Effy and Violet.

Fun Fact: This is not even the first time that Slash has a cat named Axl. I remember Slash talking about his cat Axl in an old interview from the 90s or the 2000s or something. He said that the cat was agressive and difficult and liked to piss all over the place, so he named the cat Axl :rofl-lol::facepalm:

No, i know what it is, they call "Daddy" older guys they found hot, i've been on tumblr for years, i don't get why they would call a guy they find hot "daddy", it makes me cringe, that's why i wrote that i'm too old.

Awww, how cute that he names cats after Axl :wub:

21 minutes ago, Frey said:

@killuridols where are they telling her that? Her instagram? :question:

Yes.

18 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

@killuridols they named one of their cats after Axl? :lol: I don't follow any of Duff's or Slash's children on IG, but I have seen some pictures and I know they have 4 grey cats (one for each of them). This cute picture of Slash with two of the cats was posted here somewhere some time ago.

I also remember reading somewhere that Slash named his cat Angus (:lol:), and Meegan mentioned two of the others being Effy and Violet.

------------

Yes, I remember reading that picture is from one of these after parties :facepalm:

You're not wrong about that and I've thought about it before. I think the issue here he is that Axl has very high standards when it comes to how people are supposed to treat him, and if they treat him badly he gets really upset. But at the same time he doesn't seem to apply these same standards to how he himself treats other people. So apparently him trying to get back with Erin and doing god knows what at these parties is okay in his mind, but Stephanie doing the same to him? The horror! :facepalm: (Not that I'm defending Steph Seymour or anything, I can't stand her, but it has to be said...). Same with Erin. I think Axl would probably have flipped his shit if she cheated on him or something, but he did that to her all the time.

You can even apply that to Slash and Duff. Axl gets terribly upset and depressed for years because they don't like his music and called him an "idiot" or whatever it was that he said was so upsetting for him. Meanwhile he himself goes around calling other people cancer, sell-outs, soul-swapped doppelgangers, publically humiliates and abuses people on stage... It's definitely one of Axl's least likable and most irritating traits.

I think the cat named Axl or a combination of something + Axl is not one of Slash cats.

It is a cat owned either by Lucy Blue or Scarlett. I wish my memory wouldn't fail so much when I'm getting all this information from all these places that I read but I'm sure one of them have a cat named Axl and there were pictures of him either on IG or TumblR but I can't find them on their IG's.

---------

Yeah, I said that before.... Stephanie is no angel but she was as much of a cheater as Axl, she was his perfect match. He found in her the same kind of cold heartbreaker that HE is and when you find a person who is so similar to you and you hate those traits in people, it's because you are like that too. It's like a mirror projecting your image and you dont like it.

4 minutes ago, giuls said:

No, i know what it is, they call "Daddy" older guys they found hot, i've been on tumblr for years, i don't get why they would call a guy they find hot "daddy", it makes me cringe, that's why i wrote that i'm too old.

lol

yeah the word "daddy" is awful. I HATE IT. I couldn't even say that to my own same-age partner. It's gross in every single way.

So it looks like they all have the hots for Axl and if we think about it, it's not so crazy after all :shrugs:

I mean, if we remember a bit about our teenage years, I guess we all have had a crush on an older guy who could be our dad or something. I was even younger than these girls when I started lusting over Axl and he was a guy in his 30's already, so that's a huge gap even for myself. I'm sure I was attracted to a lot of older men but most of them were platonic things or unreachable people like that (singers, actors, models). I dont remember having a crush on an actual older man that was "reachable" for me, like a teacher or a friend of my family. Never. I think that plays a difference too.

The oldest guy I had a HUGE crush on when I was 13 years old, it was a neighbor and he was like 17 so it wasn't THAT bad.

Now all these girls know Axl for real, they know he's single and they must see him pretty much on a daily basis, so things get weirder and more dangerous than when you fantasize over a guy on tv or mags.

The "dad" thing could just be irreverence and not have anything behind it. When I was a kid I had a friend with a really laid-back dad. EVERYONE called him "dad" regardless of the relationships they had with their own fathers. he was cool, and it seemed too stuffy to call him "Mr. (his name)" and too casual to call him by his first name. So we'd all walk in my friend's house saying "hey, dad."

@killuridols it's not really the age gap that i have a problem with, like you said, the older guys are in most part unreachable, its normal, its the word used in that context that makes me go :scared:

@stella i assure you, i never saw it used in an irriverent manner on social media and she's a teenager, they live on social medias, she was probably joking and its not important but the implication is not irriverence here :D

Lets talk about not cringey topics, cats are cute, was i dreaming or i read somewhere that Meegan daughter's cat Axl was a gift from Slash? Do someone else remember this?

4 minutes ago, giuls said:

@killuridols it's not really the age gap that i have a problem with, like you said, the older guys are in most part unreachable, its normal, its the word used in that context that makes me go :scared:

@stella i assure you, i never saw it used in an irriverent manner on social media and she's a teenager, they live on social medias, she was probably joking and its not important but the implication is not irriverence here :D

Lets talk about not cringey topics, cats are cute, was i dreaming or i read somewhere that Meegan daughter's cat Axl was a gift from Slash? Do someone else remember this?

I know and I dont like the use of the word in that sense either, no matter how old the guy is. But it seems a lot of women like to use it and lots of men like to be called that, so to each their own. :shrugs:

Maybe I hate it because I have "daddy issues" :rofl-lol:

---

Let's not talk about cringey topics and we move on to cats? :lol: then we'll end up talking about another type of cat :P

I have no idea about the so-called Axl cat. Been trying to figure that out for the last hour or so....... :awesomeface:

25 minutes ago, stella said:

The "dad" thing could just be irreverence and not have anything behind it. When I was a kid I had a friend with a really laid-back dad. EVERYONE called him "dad" regardless of the relationships they had with their own fathers. he was cool, and it seemed too stuffy to call him "Mr. (his name)" and too casual to call him by his first name. So we'd all walk in my friend's house saying "hey, dad."

Yeah, The Discourse™ is fun and all, but I don't think people realize how much of it is posturing. And how much of it is memetically spread meta stuff that kids are into; like, being aware of the most earnest members of your fandom and being purposefully ironic/mocking about it is arguably the defining characteristic of any group you could wander into now. A lot of those isn't truthful. Lana Del Rey came in with her sugar baby of a wealthy man aesthetic and it's an entire archetype that people enjoy playing into. It's always been there, in the very same circles of young groupies in the 70s. I guess you could say it's a behavioural aesthetic? If that makes sense. Except that most of the girls exchanging this now are the very same ones who are very stern in their rants about predatory males, so I guess this marks the actual difference between the girls of the past who might actually go for it, and these ones, for whom it is posturing. You can't extract it entirely. But this is safer than most anything girls used to before the internet age.

It's a trend in the same way that calling your faves 'rats' and telling them to delete their accounts is. I suppose you couldn't really explain to an outsider why it is percieved to be an endearment and not an insult :shrugs: 

This is A Thing, you know? A lot of it is continually taking a piss, and then taking a piss out of the people who can't distinguish between what's geniune and what's ~i r o n i c~ :

http://67.media.tumblr.com/a10e9bfb1525da9435bef9a7816d1fbe/tumblr_oaz9oea3yE1vbap7wo1_400.jpg
http://66.media.tumblr.com/77be40d7af9041850586b4e836b68328/tumblr_oaz9oea3yE1vbap7wo2_400.jpg
http://65.media.tumblr.com/7c55b2b5b38f04c6ab24ffaef8523a87/tumblr_oaz9oea3yE1vbap7wo3_400.jpg
http://67.media.tumblr.com/b7f0534243a8a62df93cf339450791ce/tumblr_oaz9oea3yE1vbap7wo4_400.jpg

I'm gonna leave these as links so as not to shock anyone :D

Edited by tiutso

Just now, Blackstar said:

'Dad' and 'daddy' are different categories. You might actually see people refer to someone they follow as 'dad', 'daddy' and 'my son' at the same time. And they all mean slightly different things, but are traceable to the same source, I think.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

:scared:

I dont know what to say.... thank you for that link and the video but....

:scared:

2 hours ago, tiutso said:

Yeah, The Discourse™ is fun and all, but I don't think people realize how much of it is posturing. And how much of it is memetically spread meta stuff that kids are into; like, being aware of the most earnest members of your fandom and being purposefully ironic/mocking about it is arguably the defining characteristic of any group you could wander into now. A lot of those isn't truthful. Lana Del Rey came in with her sugar baby of a wealthy man aesthetic and it's an entire archetype that people enjoy playing into. It's always been there, in the very same circles of young groupies in the 70s. I guess you could say it's a behavioural aesthetic? If that makes sense. Except that most of the girls exchanging this now are the very same ones who are very stern in their rants about predatory males, so I guess this marks the actual difference between the girls of the past who might actually go for it, and these ones, for whom it is posturing. You can't extract it entirely. But this is safer than most anything girls used to before the internet age.

It's a trend in the same way that calling your faves 'rats' and telling them to delete their accounts is. I suppose you couldn't really explain to an outsider why it is percieved to be an endearment and not an insult :shrugs: 

This is A Thing, you know? A lot of it is continually taking a piss, and then taking a piss out of the people who can't distinguish between what's geniune and what's ~i r o n i c~

http://67.media.tumblr.com/a10e9bfb1525da9435bef9a7816d1fbe/tumblr_oaz9oea3yE1vbap7wo1_400.jpg
http://66.media.tumblr.com/77be40d7af9041850586b4e836b68328/tumblr_oaz9oea3yE1vbap7wo2_400.jpg
http://65.media.tumblr.com/7c55b2b5b38f04c6ab24ffaef8523a87/tumblr_oaz9oea3yE1vbap7wo3_400.jpg
http://67.media.tumblr.com/b7f0534243a8a62df93cf339450791ce/tumblr_oaz9oea3yE1vbap7wo4_400.jpg

I'm gonna leave these as links so as not to shock anyone :D

I didn't understand one line of what you wrote above :lol: but those tumblr things.......... :facepalm:

This is why I dislike the new fans and I can't spend a lot of time on Tumblr because I start coming across things like that and I feel like...... ugh :P

We werent like that when we were kids and original fans of GN'R. It makes me depressed reading those things.

Awful :(

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

No, Dad is the "adopt me" thing, Daddy is the thing i said, as i said i have been on tumblr for years, daddy, not dad, daddy is about hotness, it has taken steam on social media thanks to Lana Del Rey, she isnt talking about adoption in "you can be the boss" i was there for it all, i remember when it started.

5 minutes ago, giuls said:

No, Dad is the "adopt me" thing, Daddy is the thing i said, as i said i have been on tumblr for years, daddy, not dad, daddy is about hotness, it has taken steam on social media thanks to Lana Del Rey, she isnt talking about adoption in "you can be the boss" i was there for it all, i remember when it started.

yeah, I agree with you and I can tell the difference. Although the other meaning is stupid in my opinion and I wouldn't use it on anyone who are not my own mother or father.

So thank you Lana del Rey for improving our culture, you're such a genius :rolleyes:

Not to mention her Axl Rose songs are the worst I've ever heard.

6 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Daddy evokes "sugar daddy", which is even worse :facepalm:

Btw. Working, watching the Olympics and following this thread is over my head, so if I write some irrelevant shit, just ignore it :headbang:

what the hell is sugar daddy... oh no please i dont wanna know anymore about this crap :scared:

Dont you have a video or funny gif to post so we can switch topics?

Let's talk about make up or something! :lol:

5 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Does anybody know who the other two dudes are?
tumblr_llt52u4BNW1qe07boo1_500.jpg

I feel like I know who Adler is hugging but can't name him.

lol I dont know if the previous topic got too weird or what but I'm thinking bad things from seeing SLASH with his head down like that :ph34r:

Btw that's Wes Arkeen holding Slash head, lol

• Like 1