GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

what the hell is sugar daddy... oh no please i dont wanna know anymore about this crap :scared:

Dont you have a video or funny gif to post so we can switch topics?

Let's talk about make up or something! :lol:

Here's a cute definition (I tried to make it as invisible as possible so that you won't :vomit:):

Like a genie - he may be a little old, but if a girl rubs his lamp, he'll grant her wishes.

No gifs or videos today, I'm working on something that needs to be finished tomorrow :nervous:

But we've just won a gold medal at the Olympics, we are a small country, so a golden medal is something special for us. I cried :unsure:

• Like 1

Can we stop with the 'Daddy' thing? It's a little bit disgusting haha I love Lana del Rey and she uses this word so much in her lyrics, god it's cringeworthy :facepalm:

Oh, you guys, now that I talked about my love Lana, I just remembered a thing I found out some time ago and I forgot to mention!! THAT ANDREI GUY dated Lana for awhile. They are still best buddies or something. Small world :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Here's a cute definition (I tried to make it as invisible as possible so that you won't :vomit:):

Like a genie - he may be a little old, but if a girl rubs his lamp, he'll grant her wishes.

No gifs or videos today, I'm working on something that needs to be finished tomorrow :nervous:

But we've just won a gold medal at the Olympics, we are a small country, so a golden medal is something special for us. I cried :unsure:

Please :scared:

Awww. I'm not into the Olympics so I dont have the slightest idea of anything. I'm a couch potato with high colesterol (im sorry cant type that word in english)

:rofl-lol:

5 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Can we stop with the 'Daddy' thing? It's a little bit disgusting haha I love Lana del Rey and she uses this word so much in her lyrics, god it's cringeworthy :facepalm:

Oh, you guys, now that I talked about my love Lana, I just remembered a thing I found out some time ago and I forgot to mention!! THAT ANDREI GUY dated Lana for awhile. They are still best buddies or something. Small world :lol:

You want to stop the daddy thing but we get into disgusting territory every time more! :lol:

So Andrei tests the women Axl's gonna eat later? He's like a women sommelier? :rofl-lol:

I can't stand Lana so I'm sorry about that.

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

lol I dont know if the previous topic got too weird or what but I'm thinking bad things from seeing SLASH with his head down like that :ph34r:

Btw that's Wes Arkeen holding Slash head, lol

Wow. My utter face-blindness strikes again.

9 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Fuck, I read "I've just won a gold medal at the Olympics" and almost shat my pants.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You want to stop the daddy thing but we get into disgusting territory every time more! :lol:

So Andrei tests the women Axl's gonna eat later? He's like a women sommelier? :rofl-lol:

True, I'm sorry :P

Well, yeah, maybe that's his job on the freak show. Daddy Axl maybe needs a 'Andrei quality stampTM' before he goes for it. It's better for everyone not know what happens in that circle. :smiley-confused2:

And I just want to leave this here. Because I know we all despise him, but I still think he's kinda hot:ph34r: (Don't kill me, don't kill me, don't kill me, don't kill me)

andrei.jpg

1 hour ago, tiutso said:

Yeah, The Discourse™ is fun and all, but I don't think people realize how much of it is posturing. And how much of it is memetically spread meta stuff that kids are into; like, being aware of the most earnest members of your fandom and being purposefully ironic/mocking about it is arguably the defining characteristic of any group you could wander into now. A lot of those isn't truthful. Lana Del Rey came in with her sugar baby of a wealthy man aesthetic and it's an entire archetype that people enjoy playing into. It's always been there, in the very same circles of young groupies in the 70s. I guess you could say it's a behavioural aesthetic? If that makes sense. Except that most of the girls exchanging this now are the very same ones who are very stern in their rants about predatory males, so I guess this marks the actual difference between the girls of the past who might actually go for it, and these ones, for whom it is posturing. You can't extract it entirely. But this is safer than most anything girls used to before the internet age.

It's a trend in the same way that calling your faves 'rats' and telling them to delete their accounts is. I suppose you couldn't really explain to an outsider why it is percieved to be an endearment and not an insult :shrugs: 

This is A Thing, you know? A lot of it is continually taking a piss, and then taking a piss out of the people who can't distinguish between what's geniune and what's ~i r o n i c~ :

http://67.media.tumblr.com/a10e9bfb1525da9435bef9a7816d1fbe/tumblr_oaz9oea3yE1vbap7wo1_400.jpg
http://66.media.tumblr.com/77be40d7af9041850586b4e836b68328/tumblr_oaz9oea3yE1vbap7wo2_400.jpg
http://65.media.tumblr.com/7c55b2b5b38f04c6ab24ffaef8523a87/tumblr_oaz9oea3yE1vbap7wo3_400.jpg
http://67.media.tumblr.com/b7f0534243a8a62df93cf339450791ce/tumblr_oaz9oea3yE1vbap7wo4_400.jpg

I'm gonna leave these as links so as not to shock anyone :D

Yeah, exactly. This is why I think it's not that big of a deal and why I said it's just a teenager thing. Similar to these kids on Tumblr calling themselves and others trash in a fond/affectionate/approving way.

But it does weird me out personally a bit on an instinctual level. And I think it was @killuridols who said that, but I agree there's a bit of a difference between random Tumblr kiddies who have nothing to do whatsoever with the band talking like that and a kid who actually probably knows Axl and sees him regularly talking like that. It adds a whole new weird dimension lol.

Also doesn't Lana Del Rey call Axl daddy as well in one of her songs? :rolleyes: I have vague memories of a Lana Del Rey lyrics discussion thread...

And I'll stop talking about this now because I'm still in my 20s for a few more years, but this topic makes me feel like I'm pushing 80 :facepalm:

@marlingrl03 Lucy Bleu and Scarlet (Scarlet Rae?) I think.

@dgnr Maybe not killed, but you should definitely be banned for finding Andrei hot :max: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GIRL??!!!! :P

Anyway, here's a random cute picture of each of the guys to purge this thread of the the awful daddy topic (I'm sorry for ever bringing this up, I didn't mean to cause this :scared: Please accept this as an apology :lol:)

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Duff/dqv2-3wi87I.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Izzy/hpMxvlJWeg8.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl%203/tumblr_o5ap6yocpy1s0hx4vo1_1280.jpg~original

LOQipv2EKEQ.jpg

• Like 4

I wonder if Slash's boys got him into video games at all. So many awesome horror games have come out this past year alone, I feel like they're pretty much overriding the movies completely. Especially if VR comes to everybody's houses soon. He doesn't really seem to be doing much with his company; a bunch of indie game devs could use some patronage.

Although, I remember him saying: "Not to get into the arcades vs video games debate, but pinball machines are awesome" in like the 90s, so he had already been late to the party then, I guess.

Edited by tiutso

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

And I just want to leave this here. Because I know we all despise him, but I still think he's kinda hot:ph34r: (Don't kill me, don't kill me, don't kill me, don't kill me)

andrei.jpg

:rofl-lol:

I don't think he's bad looking but his whole 'pimp' attitude turns me off and also that I feel like he wants to imitate Axl so much, he dresses just like Axl and does Axl things that bleh :max:

I mean, get your own personality Andrei and find a decent job, lol.

43 minutes ago, tiutso said:

I wonder if Slash's boys got him into video games at all. So many awesome horror games have come out this past year alone, I feel like they're pretty much overriding the movies completely. Especially if VR comes to everybody's houses soon. He doesn't really seem to be doing much with his company; a bunch of indie game devs could use some patronage.

Although, I remember him saying: "Not to get into the arcades vs video games debate, but pinball machines are awesome" in like the 90s, so he had already been late to the party then, I guess.

I wonder if he sits there battling himself on Guitar Hero 3 :lol: I know he tried to play that game because he said he couldn't do it, lol it's the easiest game ever!  

There's a really old game called Road Rash on the first Playstation. It was a motorbike game, but you could punch and kick the other riders from their bikes, and run old ladies over haha. They had Slash, Duff and Izzy as non playable characters in the races, but you could play as Axle (yes, spelt wrong but we all knew who) his description was he was the meanest and the nastiest! I had so much fun hunting down Slash and ruthlessly kicking him off his bike :lol:

I also spent ages playing GTA San Andreas not realising Axl was the DJ for K-DST radio :facepalm:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I wonder if he sits there battling himself on Guitar Hero 3 :lol: I know he tried to play that game because he said he couldn't do it, lol it's the easiest game ever!  

There's a really old game called Road Rash on the first Playstation. It was a motorbike game, but you could punch and kick the other riders from their bikes, and run old ladies over haha. They had Slash, Duff and Izzy as non playable characters in the races, but you could play as Axle (yes, spelt wrong but we all knew who) his description was he was the meanest and the nastiest! I had so much fun hunting down Slash and ruthlessly kicking him off his bike :lol:

I also spent ages playing GTA San Andreas not realising Axl was the DJ for K-DST radio :facepalm:

The latest reference to them that I know of was in Borderlands 2 back in 2013. They spelt Axl's name as "Axel' as per an established tradition of misspelling :D

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Wait wait what? Slash couldn't play Guitar Hero!? That seems to be the very definition of irony. 

• Like 1

That mislabeled pic a week back reminded me that Tracii Guns's got a book out, too. Apparently, he pretty much witnessed how Axl's other-bands-beefing, in-concert-ranting persona emerged. I loved how he picked fights with a beefy dude fresh out of jail and just straight up whacked him with a road sign at some point :lol:

Edited by tiutso