Jump to content
Carlycosmos

GNR Women's discussion

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

:rofl-lol:

llt.gif

the personification of the :wow: gif

About the business discussion, i don't feel competent enough for it but i laugh when i see that Axl wanted to be like Mick because for the first 6 years of his career he cared very little about the business side of things, he only cared about the music and by 1970 they were totally broke even if they worked like crazy and they didn't have the rights of their songs published before 1971 (still don't), they were robbed blind  by their scumbag of a manager Allen Klein, after they got themself straight and managed themself (and it's not like Mick does everything himself, he does the day to day things but the important shit they decide together and Keith never skips a reunion even for less important stuff)

 

@Andy14 my mom was behind me while i was watching the gif and she was like: "who is that woman?" :rofl-lol:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, giuls said:

 

@Andy14 my mom was behind me while i was watching the gif and she was like: "who is that woman?" :rofl-lol:

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

LOL

"He is the singer of Guns n Roses, mom, he has delicate features"

"Oh, he looks like a woman"

A very lucky fan, i hope he knows how rare he is it that he smiles in fan pictures :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, giuls said:

"He is the singer of Guns n Roses, mom, he has delicate features"

"Oh, he looks like a woman"

A very lucky fan, i hope he knows how rare he is it that he smiles in fan pictures :lol:

 

I had a similar incident, I was watching Rock In Rio 2001, my mom was like who is this girl whose shirt buttons are open lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

He has a tattoo on his hand written in Hindi or Sanskrit, Not sure if he actually believes the religion like George Harrison, maybe he got it done cause he found it cool like how some people get Chinese Letters done on their hands/neck/back. 

Huh, wonder if he really does believe in either Hinduism or Buddhism, then. George Harrison was really refreshing; he actually believed in it instead of just appropriating it, and that was cool.

Speaking of the Chinese tattoos, have you ever seen that joke site that was floating around? It supposedly was giving out free stencils and ideas for Chinese tattoos...but all the words were the opposite of what the site claimed they were. Like they'd claim to be giving the characters for "strong" but they actually meant "weak" or "stupid." LOL. I've actually heard of that happening; people get tattoos in languages they don't actually know and they think they're getting a great saying, but it actually says something awful. I've always been told that if you really want a tattoo in another language, you'd better know the language yourself OR have someone you really, really trust write it out for you.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Someone must have broken Axl, he's SMILING!!!! :wow:

axlfan.jpg

:unsure: should be me...... and that lanyard.... :unsure:

my mom was behind me while i was watching the gif and she was like: "who is that woman?" :rofl-lol:

:lol:

I have this pic of Axl as wallpaper in my computer and my mom asked me if that was a man or a woman :rofl-lol:

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, stella said:



Speaking of the Chinese tattoos, have you ever seen that joke site that was floating around? It supposedly was giving out free stencils and ideas for Chinese tattoos...but all the words were the opposite of what the site claimed they were. Like they'd claim to be giving the characters for "strong" but they actually meant "weak" or "stupid." LOL. I've actually heard of that happening; people get tattoos in languages they don't actually know and they think they're getting a great saying, but it actually says something awful. I've always been told that if you really want a tattoo in another language, you'd better know the language yourself OR have someone you really, really trust write it out for you.

 

 

I remember it when this happened. Quite a few friend of mine got fooled, they wanted something like "Victory" or "Winner" and they got "Stupid" "Idiot" "Fuck" "Bitch" lol

I don't know if this happens now, but its better to first translate the words properly and then show it to the tattoo artist instead of him making some random letters on his own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol at all these people mistaking Axl for a woman. But I'm not surprised, he was really fucking androgynous looking when he was young and he still is to a certain extent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My other half has got a Chinese writing tattoo. He was a bit of a one before we got together, so didn't surprise me when I asked him what it supposedly says, and he told me it says Love God :lol: he hopes that's what it says! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

 

Hmm... the expression on his face in that picture reminds me of this picture:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl%203/vers1.png~original


See? He looks exactly the same in these, just older. :heart::heart::heart:

 

I can't think of him saying anything like that off the top of my head, though it's been a while since I read any of the chats and stuff like that.

But I'm not surprised that you'd get that impression. Some of the lyrics of the song do kind of sound like they're referring to his family/stepfather/child abuse/something like that.

Especially that part:

 

So give it away
Like they're not gonna fuck you
How long can you bear him
To come back and haunt you
To burn past your feelings
And cause you to suffer
You're starting to bleed
They don't give you up
Before its too late
What will you offer
In way of a healing
I'm so confused, abused, misused

Oh my god
I can't deny this
I've been taught just to kill and fight this
To bury it deeper where nobody can find it
Cause nobody wanted to know

 

I remember years ago someone was claiming that the song was clearly about repressed homosexuality :lol: But I think the stepfather/childhood/child abuse theory makes more sense than that.

 

 

It's like when he says Sorry isn't about Slash :rofl-lol:

Really, I suppose you listen to or read lyrics and interpret them the way you want. But I think it's pretty obvious what Oh My God is about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Frey said:

Lol at all these people mistaking Axl for a woman. But I'm not surprised, he was really fucking androgynous looking when he was young and he still is to a certain extent.

My mom too thought He is a Girl but I guess He is look like a Girl on this photo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtEAkaQ8UCqhn0CT22nh9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

This thread is a fucking travesty.

Don't read it then.

 

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Someone must have broken Axl, he's SMILING!!!! :wow:

axlfan.jpg

He looks so good here! if only he could ditch the awful clothes he would still be attractive!:heart:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's like when he says Sorry isn't about Slash :rofl-lol:

Really, I suppose you listen to or read lyrics and interpret them the way you want. But I think it's pretty obvious what Oh My God is about. 

Wait what do you think it's about? You think it's about his childhood or family as well? 

(Sorry haven't slept in ages and am slow on the uptake today)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, when I noticed that bloody Ashba pic, the post only had 2 notes on Tumblr and I couldn't send an anon to that user so I just gave up and came here. Now @Lumikki went out there tearing it up with truths, and everyone is agitated, what the hell :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Andy14 Ah that's awesome! "Fabulous furry freak brothers" though wtf :lol:

Is that the first time Slash has ever posted a GnR-related picture on Instagram? More specifically something about Duff and Axl? It's about bloody time. 

And I'm still waiting for him to post a selfie of him and Axl :max::max:

 

1 hour ago, tiutso said:

Man, when I noticed that bloody Ashba pic, the post only had 2 notes on Tumblr and I couldn't send an anon to that user so I just gave up and came here. Now @Lumikki went out there tearing it up with truths, and everyone is agitated, what the hell :lol: 

Lol okay then :lol: I'm not very active on Tumblr, but felt inspired to adress this issue (along with all the other fake/mislabeld pictures) yesterday. It's my civic duty as a citizen of the GnR fandom or something :P

 

Speaking of fake pictures and Tumblr, I was just asked about this picture on there. I've seen it before, but had totally forgotten about it. Anyone here know anything about this picture? Where it came from etc.? I'm guessing it's most likely fake as well, but I don't actually know for certain because I have no idea about that picture's history. Googling hasn't proven very helpful either.

 

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/WrongFucker/tumblr_o5fvz9Uqmb1rrgowzo1_1280.jpg~original

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Frey said:

Lol at all these people mistaking Axl for a woman. But I'm not surprised, he was really fucking androgynous looking when he was young and he still is to a certain extent.

why are you lol'ing at our moms? :max:

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Hmm... the expression on his face in that picture reminds me of this picture:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl%203/vers1.png~original
See? He looks exactly the same in these, just older. :heart::heart::heart:

Thank you!

I was going to ask @Andy14 to look for the comparison because I was so sure I had seen that face before! It is that one! yeah!

We keeping winning, this "faces" comparison thing should be another exclusive pinned thread we should have here. All the work the Women's thread has produced is invaluable :heart:

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

But I'm not surprised that you'd get that impression. Some of the lyrics of the song do kind of sound like they're referring to his family/stepfather/child abuse/something like that.

Especially that part:

So give it away
Like they're not gonna fuck you
How long can you bear him
To come back and haunt you
To burn past your feelings
And cause you to suffer
You're starting to bleed
They don't give you up
Before its too late
What will you offer
In way of a healing
I'm so confused, abused, misused

Oh my god
I can't deny this
I've been taught just to kill and fight this
To bury it deeper where nobody can find it
Cause nobody wanted to know

I remember years ago someone was claiming that the song was clearly about repressed homosexuality :lol: But I think the stepfather/childhood/child abuse theory makes more sense than that.

[...] All these relatives knew little pieces of this puzzle, and nobody helped me with shit. I'm angry about that. I can't sit and think about Uncle So-and-So and enjoy it much. And if you're talking with any of these people, they try to get you to just tolerate it and take things back to the way they were: "Let's not get it public." My family did everything they could, thinking they were doing what was right, to bury it all. My stepfather was just adamant that he was going to protect Mom and himself: "Your real father does not get brought up." And he was also trying to cover his own tracks for what he did.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-the-rolling-stone-interview-19920402?page=9

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stella said:

I'm getting a chuckle about the random dudebros who keep passing through this thread to hurl insults and run off again. It reminds me of those guys who think they're big and bad when they yell things out of their car windows...

I like it when @killuridols chases them out with a pitchfork and a flame.

Manbabies them all!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×