GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

54 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Almost exactly like SF except our doors opened at 5:30.

Have you seen the little clip GNR put on social media from SF?  It has a little bit where they're waiting to go on stage, and Axl and Duff are stood talking to each other. Axl points out the clock cos he's early :lol: 

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I've been reading Slash interviews before and after he left the band, and I have some thoughts of why Axl was so angry with him, at least one of the reasons, but I'll leave it for another day

Do tell, i'm interested

About the piano thing, i want to believe it's hinting at new music, let me live here with my illusions :lol:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

IG? FB? Twitter?

I've seen it on all three :) 

The clip starts off with footage of inside the car behind the police on bikes. 

10 minutes ago, giuls said:

Do tell, i'm interested

About the piano thing, i want to believe it's hinting at new music, let me live here with my illusions :lol:

I too am interested in what @Blackstar has found. 

I want to see it that way too, it's not the first time they've posted the Patience thing for no apparent reason. They did it a while back. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I want to see it that way too, it's not the first time they've posted the Patience thing for no apparent reason. They did it a while back. 

Oh, i didn't know it was posted before so it isn't about the piano incident, the new music theory is scoring more points

About the piano thing, could it be to do with anouncing the new tour dates.  Telling fans to be patient, we're coming soon sort of thing.  I think the dates for Japan and Australia are up.  Does anyone remember when the Patience thing was done before.  Could it have been before the SA dates.

12 hours ago, Mararoyce said:

Thanks so much for that, I felt gutted when I read the posts. This is why they say 'never meet you idols'? Luckily we are all maternal and can see through Axl's pissy moods and forgive him ?

Nah, it wasn't that bad. Like I said, after he got over his little hissy fit, he was pleasant enough for the most part. I actually felt/feel kind of proud of him for pulling himself together like that and not throwing a tantrum/doing something stupid. I'm not sure he would have been able to do thes same in the 80s or 90s. I say it's a sign of progress :P Besides, it's Axl, and toddler-ish behavior isn't exactly shocking from him :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, tiutso said:

Was searching for the tweet, got this instead :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
https://www.ncscooper.com/axl-rose-reveals-he-is-transgender/

Couldn'cupcake my eyes any further back into my head, tbh.

WTF did I just read :facepalm:

Reminds me of this. Appears to be a scan of a German magazine article and the text in the scary font says "Axl was a girl!"

My whole life as a GnR fan I've wondered what the context of that quote was, and I've never found out <_< My best guess (because of the font and the color scheme) is that it's from an article talking about what they dressed up as for Halloween or something and Axl maybe dressed up as a girl, but I really have no clue :max:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/coups/sluff/slash50mi8.jpg~original

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Great remark! There is also a line in Breakdown:

When I look around
Everybody always brings me down
Well is it them or me
Well I just can't see
But there ain't no peace to found
But if someone really cared
Well they'd take the time to spare
A moment to try and understand
Another one's despair
Remember in this game we call life
That no one said it's fair
I've come to know the cold
I think of it as home
When there ain't enough of me
To go around
I'd rather be left alone
But if I call you out of habit
I'm out of love and I gotta have it
Would you give it to me
If I fit you needs
Like when we both knew we had it
But now the damage's done
And we're back out on the run
Fun how ev'rything was Roses
When we held on to the Guns
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky ones

I have the impression that this song is, even if not solely, Axl's view of the band's state at the time and of his feelings for the other members. Like Pretty Tied Up is Izzy's view. And these two songs are one after the other on the album.

He said it in general. In fact it's my mistake, because I confused two different interviews :facepalm:

The quote I had in mind is from a 2002 interview:

- But musically, at least, something good came out of Axl's temperamental side.
- Oh yeah. He's one of the most brilliant lyri­cists. He's got so much going on, and he's really an intelligent, amazing guy. It's just ... it depends how much of that [emotional bag­gage] you want to experience with him. A lot of it is stuff that not everyone in the band necessarily understands. So you try to under­stand, and you try to be a good friend and bandmate as you go through it. But when it negatively affects everything the band is doing, it's really hard to stand by him. I'm also interested to hear the new Guns record because so much has gone on since this whole thing started -I know he's got a lot to say.Even a lot of his stage performance is fueled by angst. And it's essential to have that sort of soul and energy for the music to come across as genuine; that's an integral part of rock 'n' roll. But it just depends on how far you want to take it. It's like, if you can get it all out of your system in tl1e two hours you're onstage, great-as long as you're onstage [laughs].

In the other interview, where he was asked about Oh My God, he said he didn't have an opinion :unsure:

I have a bigger appreciation for this song now; I liked it (without being stunned), but I hadn't paid much attention to the lyrics.

Oh yeah, you're right about Breakdown, didn't even think of that. And I can definitely see it being about Axl's feelings about the other band members/the state of the band.

Re: the bolded. This is good example of something I've noticed before. Slash often paints a picture of himself being the main person in the band affected by (or having to deal with) Axl's manifold issues/emotional baggage. Which is curious considering you would expect Izzy to be that person (and Izzy in fact liked to think of himself as the "Axl whisperer" as well if you read some of his old quotes and actually was quite affected by all of Axl's issues if you believe him and Alan Niven). Duff has for the most part always come across as quite empathetic and patient with Axl as well. So who are the people in the band that don't understand what Slash is dealing with? Steven, Sorum, Dizzy? The first two definitely didn't have a lot of patience or understanding for Axl's issues, but it's not like they ever had a lot to say in the band.

I'm not saying Slash is wrong or lying (especially after Izzy left he really probably was the one person who had to bear the brunt of Axl's issues because Duff was too fucked-up by that point as well), I just always thought it was interesting, especially in light of all the "Axl and Slash were never that close and mostly just colleagues, not friends" rhetoric you often come across on here. Doesn't really fit with Slash painting himself as Axl's main emotional support (and a million other things that happened).

From stuff like this and also other things we know about like Axl spending entire nights talking to Slash about his feelings, Slash's intense dislike of Axl's family, the ICP incident (song about child abuse and fucked up families must be about Axl!), etc. I sometimes get the impression Slash got sucked way deeper into Axl's emotional/psychological baggage and traumas than he knew how to deal with and got burned out on that.

--------------------------

Axl's smile after he makes that BIB comment is just the cutest thing. :wub:

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I've been reading Slash interviews before and after he left the band, and I have some thoughts of why Axl was so angry with him, at least one of the reasons, but I'll leave it for another day.

Please share your thoughts on this whenever you feel like it, I'd love to hear them.

Edited by Lumikki

12 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Ewwww.

See, the thing is... I don't like Steven. Never have and never will. I have a huge soft spot for the other four idiots, but Steven... nope. So I don't really keep up with him and mostly tend to ignore him. I have never heard about any of these things you mentioned. I never watched the rehab show, don't usually read interviews with him, don't really know about all the shit he did etc. All I know about him are bits and pieces I randomly come across or when he gets mentioned in connection to the other guys and stuff like that.

Basically, I retract my earlier statement after reading what you wrote. Shows what I get for trying to find something nice to say about him for once :tongue2:

Yes, I did meet him after the ACDC concert in Vienna. I also met the guys from ACDC, though I only really talked to Angus and his wife.

Here's the thread I made about what Angus's wife and Angus had to say about Axl: Make him get rid of the hats, Beta!

And here's where I went into a bit more detail about meeting Axl in this thread: Post 1 and Post 2

Sorry about there being no pictures anymore, but I took them down after Alt Nation stole my story to write a couple of crappy articles about it :rolleyes:

The spy pays close attention to the happenings on this board I see :ph34r::P

It didn't come up, it was just one of his random twitter posts. He posted a link to a youtube video (don't remember what it was anymore) and asked "Is this transphobic?" It's been a long time since I read his twitter, but honestly, I think he was just being a douche and making fun of the concept of transphobia. Or at least being unnecessarily sarcastic about it. The tweet should still be there if you want to see for yourself.

Oh that's nice :rolleyes: I don't follow too much GNR related stuff on Instagram, so I didn't see that. Charming.

You and @Andy14 need to make sure to never post any pictures of yourself anywhere, so you'll remain anonymous and the minions will be completely powerless against you :ph34r:

And yes, I don't like that either (except when we're doing it jokingly in the women's thread... remember when they all were Saul, William, Jeffrey and Michael for a while? lol). Like you said, it's distasteful and disrespectful. But I was actually referring to people who knew him before he was famous, not random "fans" on social media. From the way all these people talk I get the impression that they used to call him Bill for the most part, even when he was a child (and some William, like the ice cream lady). So that he would refer to himself as Billy (which is much cuter and more child-like and innocent than "Bill", which sounds too adult and hard for a little child imo) is kind of touching to me in a way? It's hard to explain. I guess it's kinda like he's showing more affection to the child he used to be by using a cutesy nickname than the people around him ever did. Or something. Like I said, I'm an emotional and weepy mess today in general, so don't mind my crazy ramblings :tongue2:

Yesss :drool: That is definitely a Slaxl picture. :wub:  It's amazing that we're still getting new Slaxl pictures from back in the day in 2016. All these photographers should share their treasures with us :max:

I also really love that picture of Axl playing piano that @Andy14 posted. Omg :wub: And look at him, he's so tiny! These short little legs!

Also I saw these on Tumblr today and was reminded of our recent discussion :awesomeface:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/ShitFromTumblr/daddyannt.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/ShitFromTumblr/daddyt.png

I feel haunted by this daddy thing now :nervous:

Also Beta apparently got into a fight with people on social media again :facepalm: This time she was defending Dizzy because someone apparently wrote a negative comment about Dizzy on a recent picture of Dizzy and Melissa that was posted on the official GnR Instagram account. Here's a summary from Tumblr:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/ShitFromTumblr/betarant.png~original

About the dad,daddy thing...I have read it referred to other famous people in general on social networks.:blink:

I think it's some kind of new slang term I don't know I'm too old for this.:P

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Re: the bolded. This is good example of something I've noticed before. Slash often paints a picture of himself being the main person in the band affected by (or having to deal with) Axl's manifold issues/emotional baggage. Which is curious considering you would expect Izzy to be that person (and Izzy in fact liked to think of himself as the "Axl whisperer" as well if you read some of his old quotes and actually was quite affected by all of Axl's issues if you believe him and Alan Niven). Duff has for the most part always come across as quite empathetic and patient with Axl as well. So who are the people in the band that don't understand what Slash is dealing with? Steven, Sorum, Dizzy? The first two definitely didn't have a lot of patience or understanding for Axl's issues, but it's not like they ever had a lot to say in the band.

I'm not saying Slash is wrong or lying (especially after Izzy left he really probably was the one person who had to bear the brunt of Axl's issues because Duff was too fucked-up by that point as well), I just always thought it was interesting, especially in light of all the "Axl and Slash were never that close and mostly just colleagues, not friends" rhetoric you often come across on here. Doesn't really fit with Slash painting himself as Axl's main emotional support (and a million other things that happened).

From stuff like this and also other things we know about like Axl spending entire nights talking to Slash about his feelings, Slash's intese dislike of Axl's family, the ICP incident (song about child abuse and fucked up families must be about Axl!), etc. I sometimes get the impression Slash got sucked way deeper into Axl's emotional/psychological baggage and traumas than he knew how to deal with and got burned out on that.

Yes, i noticed it too, like, there's the Scott thing when he said his instictual reaction we talked was "you can't talk shit about Axl, ONLY I can because i put up with him for years" or when he talked about meeting the dude Axl hit in St. Louis some years later and he tried to be buddy-buddy with Slash using the anti-Axl card and Slash reaction was to get in his face because ONLY HIM can talk shit about Axl, i quote from the book, "[Slash] have that right" and i'm like, dude... Dude, there were other people dealing with Axl, chill out.

I really don't get that rethoric because, like you said, it goes against what they themself said, why would you insist on something that it was contradicted by them :shrugs:

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Just because you're winnin'

Don't mean you're the lucky ones

I have the impression that this song is, even if not solely, Axl's view of the band's state at the time and of his feelings for the other members. Like Pretty Tied Up is Izzy's view. And these two songs are one after the other on the album.

I've never understood that Just because you're winnin' Don't mean you're the lucky ones line. Anyone got any idea what he's talking about there?

And yeah, I forgot about Garden of Eden. That's a cool video as well.

8 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

My best guess (because of the font and the color scheme) is that it's from an article talking about what they dressed up as for Halloween or something and Axl maybe dressed up as a girl, but I really have no clue :max:

I'd be interested in seeing what Axl would have looked like as a girl :awesomeface: Like if he had actually tried to really pass as a girl. Considering that even Slash apparently managed to fool people into believing he was a girl, Axl should definitely have been able to do it (even more so because he already looked pretty girly to begin with anyway, without trying).

8 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

From stuff like this and also other things we know about like Axl spending entire nights talking to Slash about his feelings, Slash's intese dislike of Axl's family, the ICP incident (song about child abuse and fucked up families must be about Axl!), etc. I sometimes get the impression Slash got sucked way deeper into Axl's emotional/psychological baggage and traumas than he knew how to deal with and got burned out on that.

This kind of comes through in the lyrics of Slash's first solo album as well, in these songs about Axl.

"Is it me or you

Who carries the weight to deal with your pain

And don't you hate it too

It smothers and drains all the same"

This bit from Take It Away immediately comes to mind.

Damaged people unfortunately tend to damage the people around them as well, even if they don't mean to. I think there's even something called seconhand PTSD (Not saying Slash got secondhand PTSD from dealing with Axl btw. Doesn't seem to have been quite that bad, but same principle.)

6 minutes ago, giuls said:

Yes, i noticed it too, like, there's the Scott thing when he said his instictual reaction we talked was "you can't talk shit about Axl, ONLY I can because i put up with him for years" or when he talked about meeting the dude Axl hit in St. Louis some years later and he tried to be buddy-buddy with Slash using the anti-Axl card and Slash reaction was to get in his face because ONLY HIM can talk shit about Axl, i quote from the book, "[Slash] have that right" and i'm like, dude... Dude, there were other people dealing with Axl, chill out.

I really don't get that rethoric because, like you said, it goes against what they themself said, why would you insist on something that it was contradicted by them :shrugs:

Kinda curious wht Slash said to Ash when Ash talk shit about Axl 

17 minutes ago, Frey said:

I've never understood that Just because you're winnin' Don't mean you're the lucky ones line. Anyone got any idea what he's talking about there?

If we got by the "it was about the band" theory he was the one most in control of the band because Izzy was pretty disengaged from the bad before he left and Sluff were pretty fucked up and as Izzy said, he always craved control so in his view he was winning but he understood on some level that the band was imploding, it isn't really lucky to have control but end up loosing your friends, is it?  

@SerenityScorp now that you said, i don't follow Ash but i really didn't see anything on him going at NILT tour dates on the forum, did i miss it? If i did, could it be related to the shit talking? (if i missed it, ignore this :P)

Edited by giuls

19 minutes ago, giuls said:

If we got by the "it was about the band" theory he was the one most in control of the band because Izzy was pretty disengaged from the bad before he left and Sluff were pretty fucked up and as Izzy said, he always craved control so in his view he was winning but he understood on some level that the band was imploding, it isn't really lucky to have control but end up loosing your friends, is it?  

@SerenityScorp now that you said, i don't follow Ash but i really didn't see anything on him going at NILT tour dates on the forum, did i miss it? If i did, could it be related to the shit talking? (if i missed it, ignore this :P)

Its about this

https://www.google.co.id/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slashs-brother-slams-guns-n-roses-reunion-talk-and-axl-rose/&ved=0ahUKEwizzeXV_crOAhWIQ48KHUSVAwsQFggZMAA&usg=AFQjCNF13X1Qc5X1g_zQ7xEa7zlAM8jE3g&sig2=jBn0dURC4aPFO6m14nGNbA

After tht He apologizes

https://www.google.co.id/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://loudwire.com/slash-brother-apologizes-insulting-axl-rose/&ved=0ahUKEwizzeXV_crOAhWIQ48KHUSVAwsQFggcMAE&usg=AFQjCNElFumygjVNKUD63p-Rcf7aYq730g&sig2=AuEBalkX3ke98Z2ZBzIa3w

It could be Slash said Something to Him tht makes Him apologizing to Fans N' Axl

"Unfortunately My post was very offensive N' upsetting to My Brother" :lol:

Edited by SerenityScorp

Just now, SerenityScorp said:

No, i know about this accident, i was saying i don't know if Ash ever saw GNR playing on this tour because i don't follow him and if he really didn't, i wondered if he wasn't there because  of the shit talking you posted

6 minutes ago, giuls said:

No, i know about this accident, i was saying i don't know if Ash ever saw GNR playing on this tour because i don't follow him and if he really didn't, i wondered if he wasn't there because  of the shit talking you posted

He sometimes on the backstage with Slash. I dunno if He is following Slash on thia tour or He is just there only couple of shows

There's couple of photos Ash on backstages but dont have a time to search it now soo Im just searching the recent pic

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 2

Just now, SerenityScorp said:

He sometimes on the backstage with Slash. I dunno if He is following Slash on thia tour or He is just there only couple of shows

Oh, okay, as i said i don't follow Ash but i'm happy things are fine between the brothers :lol: Slash totally said something to him, in the apology post he said that the post was "very offensive and upsetting to my brother" and who else would know and tell Ash about Axl's diet if not Slash? At least we know one of their conversation topic while reconnecting: Axl's diet! :lol: 

4 minutes ago, giuls said:

Oh, okay, as i said i don't follow Ash but i'm happy things are fine between the brothers :lol: Slash totally said something to him, in the apology post he said that the post was "very offensive and upsetting to my brother" and who else would know and tell Ash about Axl's diet if not Slash? At least we know one of their conversation topic while reconnecting: Axl's diet! :lol: 

Now that You said it :rofl-lol: What kind of conversation tht Slaxl had tht leading to Axl's diet topic :rofl-lol:

I guess this can be use for Your gif @Andy14 :lol:

Edited by SerenityScorp

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Have you seen the little clip GNR put on social media from SF?  It has a little bit where they're waiting to go on stage, and Axl and Duff are stood talking to each other. Axl points out the clock cos he's early :lol: 

I did...the big famous AT&T park clock...loved it! :)

1 hour ago, giuls said:

Maybe i understood it wrong because of my english, but I always thought that he refered to him and the other guy (in one case Scott, in the other case the st. louis guy). Saying: "you are not allowed to talk shit, you didnt have to deal with him, i have that right, because i had to deal with him." But not meaning in general that he is the one and only guy to talk shit about axl. only in those particular moments where it was him against a person who didnt know Axl personally.

Edited by RooSaa

8 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

Maybe i understood it wrong because of my english, but I always thought that he refered to him and the other guy (in one case Scott, in the other case the st. louis guy). Saying: "you are not allowed to talk shit, you didnt have to deal with him, i have that right, because i had to deal with him." But not meaning in general that he is the one and only guy to talk shit about axl. only in those particular moments where it was him against a person who didnt know Axl personally.

Well, in the Scott situation he literally said and i quote from his book: " but neither Scott or anyone else has the right [to talk shit about Axl]"

And the St. Louis guy situation, still quoting from his book, "but I don’t work like that; if any of you talk shit about Axl I’m going to get up in your face".

So, actually, he was talking in general.

1 hour ago, giuls said:

But the lyrics are "...don't mean you're the lucky ones", aren't they? Ones, plural. So he's saying that other people are winning, but not lucky.

15 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

Yeah, that's a valid interpretation, but it's still a bit of an over-reaction and makes him come across as quite possessive/protective and obsessed with his role in Axl's life. Maybe justified in the case of the biker, but Scott wasn't just some random dude talking shit. So I think @giuls point still stands.

Also lol, I had completely forgotten about Ash calling Axl fat being "offending and upsetting" for Slash :rofl-lol:  Seems like Slash even feels protective about Axl's fat rolls :lol: