GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

4 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Slash dresses her to make her look like Axl lol. If she dyes her hair ginger we will all know where it comes from :rofl-lol:

Just pointing out that Meegan had red hair in the Michael Bolton video.

Just caught up with you all again, I have to say I was expecting a full on outburst regarding the models, but you all seem to have handled it well, to the point of being dismissive. Interesting the scathing remarks made by some of the men in the main thread. Good to see some of their inner  "Biatches"  let loose?

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Has Axl even got any friends? Ones he doesn't pay? 

Maybe he is a horrible to the core person. 

I'd argue that the fact that he does pay people to be his friends/family actually rather indicates that he is NOT a rotten person.

Truly rotten people (like psychopaths for example) don't care about having friends or family (except if these "friends" are somehow useful to them). They would never pay someone and do nice things for them (expensive presents, surprise birthday parties etc) just to keep them company.

What this mostly shows me is that Axl is lonely (like he has even complained about before) and desperate enough for companionship and affection to even pay people to give him that.

Which is very human and indicative of someone who's actually quite sensitve and vulnerable, rather than someone so nasty that no one would want to be his friend.

4 hours ago, Lumikki said:

- I like to think Axl sometimes stayed over at Izzy's place when he wanted/needed to get away from home (or after they'd caused some trouble around Lafayette :rolleyes:). I don't know, sleeping over at your friend's house and chatting/doing stupid stuff long into the night is just such a typical, but sweet and fun childhood/teenage thing to do, and I like the idea that he did that too. Not sure how common this is with guys though, compared to girls.

Well you know I did that quite a lot when I was younger. Not sure about the differences though, girl sleepovers always seemed kind of mysterious to me lol. Have they never talked about that? Somehow I always feel like Izzy has talked a lot about growing up in Lafayette.

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

I forgot, It wasnt in Slash book but its in this interview, but yeah He never told tht He slept on the couch

http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Reptile-Experts/Interviews/Slash-Guns-Roses/

So everyone in Guns N' Roses knows about Clyde?

Oh, yeah. A lot of people know about Clyde. We had another snake named Bonnie, who was a small retic, while Axl was living at my house. One night Axl was sleeping on the floor, and I woke up and couldn't sleep at about four in the morning. My snakes were kept off of one of the bathrooms, and there was a hole in the side of their cage that wasn't completely covered by a piece of wood. They would sometimes push out, crawl over the wood and come into the bedroom, which was no big deal.

But anyway, one night I woke up at four and saw this retic right next to Axl, who is sleeping on the floor. I woke Axl up and said, "Axl, don't move! Whatever you do, don't move!" (laughs). The snake was really close, just like this (Slash holds his hand in front of his face like a snake's head). This retic was just sitting there...and sitting there. And Axl's not a snake guy, man. The snake never would have bit him, but Axl didn't know that (laughs). I kept saying, "Don't move. Just stay there!" This went on for almost an hour.

So, did Axl get back to sleep that night after you put the snake away?

No. He never even slept on the floor again!

That's a pretty nasty prank :lol:

@Andy14 LOL :rofl-lol:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tiutso said:

I mean, what he was trying to say, I guess, is that audiences in Japan could be remarkably reserved. In his case, Japanese chicks didn't flash him his tits, I suppose :D

It's actually been noted that this was the case at some point. When the Beatles played a gig in Japan, the audience was so polite and silent that they could hear how out of habit of playing they'd gotten what with trying to play over deafening screams in the UK and the US. Or so the legend goes.

Idk about flashing, but quite a few live albums have been recorded in Japan, and for example, 1978's Cheap Trick Live at Budokan is full of enthusiastic audience screaming.  

@dgnr made this discovery in the six degrees of Slash thread.

Meegan appears in the video for 'love is a wonderful thing video'

https://g.co/kgs/S3C76I 

? I was inspired by you all to make my first ever Gif, very proud of myself,  saved pictures put in captions downloaded a Gif app etc. took about 1 hour and 1/2 only to download my creation and lose it. So you will all have to wait for my Izzy masterpiece, not sure I can be bothered to start again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, killuridols said:
3 hours ago, Ota said:

Sasha is very unpopular here ;)Axl has a very private life and only he knows what for him is Sasha.

My opinion is that they have on/off relationship (around 2008-2011 Sasha was with Dan MacMillan).

I don´t care about opinions here.

so... only your opinion matters...

uhuh.gif

:lol:index77.jpg

58 minutes ago, triad said:

Idk about flashing, but quite a few live albums have been recorded in Japan, and for example, 1978's Cheap Trick Live at Budokan is full of enthusiastic audience screaming.  

It's normal in live albums to "enhace" audience noises by adding pre-recorded screams.

17 minutes ago, Archtop said:

? I was inspired by you all to make my first ever Gif, very proud of myself,  saved pictures put in captions downloaded a Gif app etc. took about 1 hour and 1/2 only to download my creation and lose it. So you will all have to wait for my Izzy masterpiece, not sure I can be bothered to start again.

I did screenshot so you all don't have to watch Bolton

meegan.png

meegan1.png

meegan2.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

Lol, finally I know what happens when you reach 1000 posts, I was two posts above and they got deleted for being in a wrong thread :rofl-lol:

So maybe I'm not allowed more than that :smiley-confused2:

gnfnr.gif

LOL at Fernandi T-shirt :rofl-lol:

I can feel Axl going "traitor" at Slash because he's doing exercise :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

5 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Lol, finally I know what happens when you reach 1000 posts, I was two posts above and they got deleted for being in a wrong thread :rofl-lol:

gnfnr.gif

my joke got deleted along with you blargh

nando is a douche canoe from all angles!

but those jumping jacks are on point 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

thank you! I had to watch it :/

1 hour ago, giuls said:

It's normal in live albums to "enhace" audience noises by adding pre-recorded screams.

I did screenshot so you all don't have to watch Bolton

meegan.png

meegan1.png

meegan2.png

:facepalm:

I watched it before reading your post :lol:

Isn't that a wig? I think she wears different wigs throughout the video

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

gnfnr.gif

Where is that from? :wow:

Why does Axl look so fat? :unsure:

7 minutes ago, Frey said:

Axl looking kinda fat and like he has a really small head is the first thing I noticed as well after surprisingly active Slash and Nando being a douche.

this is weird because it looks like he either has a ponytail or he's wet his hair and has that sort of "licked by a cow" hairdo :ph34r:

Slash is always doing those jumps, have you not seen him before?

lol at fermanager being a douche :lol:

• Like 3

Okay, more serious stuff first, then on to the Slaxl/bed sharing discussion and gifs lol...

5 hours ago, giuls said:

About Axl, there were also West Arkeen and Del, but again, I think Axl isn't a bad person, i think he's vulnerable, predatory people flocks toward people with mental problems because many are afraid of abandonment, you know, the "you'll never find someone who will put up with you" thing and in early 2000s thing for Axl were so bad that he wanted to check himself in a psychiatric hospital allegedly, TB were the ones that stayed with him so i can see why he would stay loyal, plus, he tends to want to help his friend out financially, Dizzy was his friend before entering the band, he entered the band because Axl wanted to help him.

Yes, I agree with this. The number of creepy predatory people around him is worrying, and so is his lack of friends, but I don't think it's because he's a bad person.

Or maybe I'm just feeling particularly soft-hearted when it comes to Axl at the moment. My opinion of him tends to fluctuate a little from time to time :P

15 minutes ago, Frey said:

I'd argue that the fact that he does pay people to be his friends/family actually rather indicates that he is NOT a rotten person.

Truly rotten people (like psychopaths for example) don't care about having friends or family (except if these "friends" are somehow useful to them). They would never pay someone and do nice things for them (expensive presents, surprise birthday parties etc) just to keep them company.

What this mostly shows me is that Axl is lonely (like he has even complained about before) and desperate enough for companionship and affection to even pay people to give him that.

@Andy14Which is very human and indicative of someone who's actually quite sensitve and vulnerable, rather than someone so nasty that no one would want to be his friend.

I also agree with this. Honestly, him paying people to be his family and friends has always just seemed sad and kinda heart-breaking to me, more than anything else...

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

I'm not saying Axl is nasty or malevolent but in order to hang out so much with certain people you gotta find some common ground. Andrei tours with him, so how do you tolerate for months someone you have nothing in common with? :shrugs:

To me this is not a matter of auras or stuff like that. We dont know Nur Khan at all, we dont know Andrei and we know Axl to a certain extent. I dislike Khan and Andrei because of what they show me, not some imaginary thing. Andrei shows me that he makes a living by "using" women (I could use a harsher word but I don't want to judge without evidence). Organizing hives of models for Hollywood parties or celebrity parties I dont feel it is a particular talent to be proud of. Picking women from a crowd of thousands, based on age and looks, just to sexually expose them to men who could be their fathers is not something to be proud of. Nur Khan doesn't strike me as "malevolent", lol, or creep... More like one of those many guys who work the night life, with all the things associated to it (alcohol, drugs, prostitution, shady characters). Maybe he's a good person with his family and friends but his job, ugh, that's something I have no respect for. It all seems so fake.... Yeah, I know it is a business. He's friendly to Axl because Axl is his client, a good paying client, a high paying client. Khan benefits a lot from hanging out with Axl: exposition, fame, more celebrities coming to his clubs. In conclusion, more $$$$ to his pockets. That's what this shit is all about.

Axl is part of that ugly market and that ugly circuit of consuming women like they were cigarettes. That is a dark and sad side of him. I dont know if this is something related to his childhood issues, the way he was raised, his mental inestability or whatever but it is not cool. And he's 54 years old. You'd think by that age you could have fixed or corrected whatever came wrong from your childhood. I mean, at some point, the way you run your life is entirely in your hands. Not your parents or relatives or friends.

I don't know if he's a rotten person. I don't know him, that's the truth. I like to think he's not like that but that's only because I've been following him for decades and have a couple more elements than the average person or the casual fan. But if you check outside these forums, most people deem Axl as an asshole, a douchebag and someone that should not be given any kind of pardon/indulgence/pity or slack.

Right now he is a puzzle to me. Not like he was easier to understand before. But for the most part of the last 10 years, he's pretty much a mistery and on top of that, all we see from him are these awful things, partying, alcohol, being bloated, fat, with terrible voice.....

We've been enjoying this new Axl who seems to be doing great in the shows only for the last 4 months. I really hope and wish and pray that he remains great like this for a long long time but you never know with him, and still there are things that are not so clear about his career and life.

So I'm sorry @Lumikki, I hate shitting on your parade :P....... Not seeing the freak show and Sasha around is a relief, but maybe its just an illusion, just because we dont see them in pictures doesnt mean they are not around. Same with Nur Khan, Andrei and the rest..... the bad thing is that when they disappear, someone else will replace them. That's how his life's been for a long time. :unsure:

You know, I actually agree with most of what you wrote (though I can't picture Nur Khan as secretely being a nice family guy if he goes for 12 year old looking girlfriends). All these things you described are what make me dislike people like Nur Khan and Andrei too. But all that stuff we know and all these stories that keep coming out about them here and elsewhere are more like a confirmation of something I already suspected to me. The very first time I saw Nur Khan I didn't know shit about him, but he immediately gave me chills (something about the dead serial killer look in his eyes maybe) and my first reaction was to think "Someone get that guy away from Axl!". I swear I'm not a Yoda type person who's into all kinds of esoteric bullshit or anything like that lol, but I do believe there's value in trusting your instincts. That's what I do in real life when I meet new people and I guess part of me also automatically does that with people I only know from pictures/videos/stories. 

Not sure if Andrei and Axl actually hang out that much either. Maybe Axl just likes the fact that Andrei can easily get him girls and knows all the best clubs and is easy to party with or something. In my experience a lot of men tend to be not very discerning about who they hang out with as long as they're fun to party with, the alcohol flows, the chicks are there... :rolleyes: Maybe that's all the common ground they have and need. But whatever the case may be, I wish someone would ask Axl about this whole issue. I'd really like to hear from his perspective why he's basically hiring a pimp, etc. I'd also like to know what Duff thinks about this (can't imagine Slash would be too bothered :rolleyes:). Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole prostitution/women as consumable products aspect hadn't even really occured to him. I'm willing to bet that none of the men in my home town (at least those around Axl's age) would understand the problem with that whole arrangement either (they'd most likely just be jealous of Axl and his awesome rock star life). Male privilege and all that. :facepalm:

I don't know, I'm not denying the possibility that Axl might be more fucked up and nastier than I tend to believe, but right now I'm feeling pretty charitable towards him (and stuff like the China Exchange interview, even though not particularly enlightening, have only furthered my positive impression), so I'm not quite willing to believe the worst of him just yet (I'll wait until he puts his foot in his mouth again for that :rolleyes:).

4 hours ago, stella said:

I can't stand AC/DC but I actually wish they were doing another show in my city; it might be a chance to meet Axl with less crowds than the GnR shows. I went to one of the shows on this NITL tour and I didn't even try to wait for the band. But he seems to have signed stuff pretty regularly with AC/DC.

Yes, I've noticed that too. There were fan meetings after practically every ACDC concert, but I barely saw any during the NITL tour (except for these people who had backstage passes). It really was relatively easy to get to Axl as long as you knew where they were staying during the ACDC tour.

Maybe GNR as a whole tend to isolate themselves more and their whole organization is more structured towards shielding them from the public, compared to ACDC. Because I was pretty surprised how lax the ACDC guys were about security and stuff like that. Didn't exist basically. Angus (and his wife) and the other guys in the band wandered in and out of the hotel and around the whole city all day long. Always on their own, never with any bodyguards, just like regular people. Sometimes they got stopped by fans who recognized them, which would lead to them chatting with the fans or quickly posing for pictures or signing autographs. And that was that.

With Axl it was noticably different- he didn't leave the hotel during the entire 5 days they were staying there. People only got to see him when they arrived, when he had to leave for the concert, when he returned from the concert, and when they left for the next city. And all these times he was surrounded by bodyguards and entourage. BUT he still stopped in front of the hotel after the show to give people autographs and pictures, like he'd done in the other cities as well. I get the impression Angus maybe kind of expected him to do that/made him do that because all the other guys in ACDC did that as well (and usually do apparently according to the ACDC fans I spoke to). Though the ACDC guys were way more relaxed about it, they actually took their time, chatted to people etc. while Axl was clearly just trying to get something he doesn't like doing over with as quickly as possible.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Has Axl even got any friends? Ones he doesn't pay? 

Maybe he is a horrible to the core person. 

I think that's a harsh assessment.  After so many years of being a celebrity, sure the majority of people around you benefit from your celebrity in some way and friends you had before may not know how to deal with your fame.  Right or wrong, the people around him do seem protective and fond of him. 

When he first became famous, Axl was known for trying to "bring up" as many of his friends as he could with him.  (Del James, Riki Rachtman, Shannon Hoon, Robert John, etc.), so I think he's far from a horrible person.

• Like 2