GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

:wow:

wot?

I'm sorry, you are mixing a lot of topics and not making sense on any of them.

What was many years ago? Axl being seen with women? You are not well, my lady, or you don't keep up with GN'R news. Axl has never stopped dating women, models, friends, etc. What kind of evidence do you need about him having sexual relations with women? :rofl-lol: Do you need photos of him and the woman in bed? a video? a used up condom? :facepalm:

That's okay if you think he's gay. No one knows about that and I'm not going to argue your opinion.

But saying he doesn't consume women it is stubborn. He does. Even if it's just for chatting or hanging out. He has a pimp and he pays models to attend parties with him and other people. If that's not consumption of a service I don't know what it is.

Sometimes you are very rude in your responses.  Any reason for that?

Anyway, what I was saying is, that the abuse allegations with women were thankfully many years ago.  I've been keeping up with Axl/GnR news since the beginning, probably longer than you.  Just because he takes a woman to a nightclub, that doesn't qualify as a relationship.  And it's not necessarily an indicator of sexual preference.  No, I don't need pictures, but there is no credible evidence of Axl banging models in every city he visits.  No exploits revealed, which these days is rare.

Maybe he's paid models to attend parties, and maybe they want to be paid and/or hang out with a celebrity.  I don't consider that consumption, but a mutual arrangement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

As for Michelle Young, I'm afraid @killuridols is right about Axl not having anything to do with inviting her. And yeah, Axl seems to be interested in only a certain type of women. But he and Michelle were mainly friends who had "friendly" sex from time to time many years ago and he could see her just as that: an old friend. He doesn't need to be attracted to a woman to have a social relationship with her. I think the reason is that Michelle and the other women were associated with the early days of the band and Axl deliberately alienated himself from all those people, men and women, one after the other, mainly because they were still in touch with Slash and reminded him things he wanted to forget. There were additional issues with some of them, but not serious enough to justify a total fallout, at least as far as we know. Marc Canter was the only one who was in contact with both Axl and Slash, until Axl kicked him out too. One would expect that this would change now that Axl is with Slash again, but he seems to be still difficult and unwilling to let go and mend relationships with people from the past.

About the topic(s) discussed on the last pages (the models, Axl's entourage and friendships, his personality in general):

Axl was like that in the 90s, in terms of lifestyle and people he liked associating with. When they came here, he had asked for an after party with local top models (I assume he did the same everywhere they went). And he was hanging out with fashion people from Stephanie's circle. (Of course I don't consider the Vercaces to be on a par with the likes of Andrei; those were creative and successful people in their field, but still...). He wasn't an outlaw street rocker anymore (and he couldn't be without faking it), and after becoming rich and famous as a successful musician (a life dream come true), engaging the rockstar stereotype was the only "natural" thing he could think of doing then. The thing is that he didn't move on from that as he grew older and he's still fixated at the rockstar lifestyle cliches.

On the other hand, Axl wanted to evolve artistically and intellectually (and he had great potential for that, with his family background, mental and emotional issues being withstanding factors). He has always wanted to reach a more intellectual audience, beyond enraged teenagers, mid-western Americans like him and brainless metalheads (and this is why he has cared so much about what the critics say), which is contradictory to his public social life, but he doesn't seem to understand it. He wanted to work and be related with acclaimed musicians, but most of them avoided him (and those he did work with were there, to be honest, because the paycheck was very tempting), something that has been partially Axl's own fault and partially a result of a preconceived opinion of him, because people disliked him without knowing him personally. In general, Axl's public image and notoriety made him avoidable, even despised and hated, by many people. This, along with the loss of old friends one way or another and all his problems, made him vulnerable to people like Andrei and other leeches. And from a point on, this lifestyle and this kind of people became Axl's comfort zone and the life he is used to live. This doesn't make him a bad person (I agree with @Frey).

I don't consider Axl a "bad person" in general. He's done things that I don't like, but he has showed some good traits. And the hate he has received as a public figure is disproportionate to what he actually is and highly based on misconceptions of facts.

I also don't think that he was ever really racist. When One In A Million came out I was very angry with Axl's ignorance and because it attracted every racist nazi scum, something that the band didn't deserve. And what Axl was saying in interviews I watched didn't make it any better. His views were a result of prejudice, ignorance, naivete and lack of experiences (all due to the social environment he was brought up in), which are conditions for a person to become a racist, but after having read other interviews, I believe that he honestly wanted to understand what was wrong with the song (after the shit hit the fan, of course, but regardless) and he wasn't listening to and promoting hip hop groups like Public Enemy and NWA to save face; he was really interested to know what was going on with the racial issues. As for homophobia, I think he had (and probably still has) some of that, although it contradicts (another of his contradictions) the conscious choice of a less macho-manly (and almost androgynous) look, the Elton John affinity, etc. (I'm not going into the question of his sexuality, because there isn't solid proof that his is other than heterosexual). And yes, Izzy was pissed off with OIAM and the one who tried the most to talk some sense to Axl about the "n*ers" and "immigrants" thing, but I suspect he didn't have such a big problem with the homophobic line, judging from his reaction on the Accept lyrics story.

A side note on It's So Easy: To be fair, these are Duff's lyrics. Not that Axl wasn't (isn't?) thinking like that, of course. But the line "turn around bitch..." isn't the center of the song. It's a nihilistic, dark song about boredom and lack of meaning; that is, partying, drinking, having "bitches" to use etc. is easy to have, even without money, but there isn't any real pleasure in it, it's meaningless.

---------

I wanted to comment also on things discussed some days ago, but it's difficult to keep up with the thread :shrugs:. I had said I have some thoughts on one of the reasons why Axl was so angry with Slash and I realized that he way I wrote it makes it seem more intriguing than it is :unsure:; it's not much and it's not something really new. I meant to say that I'll post it when I have the time to write more than two paragraphs in English (it takes me twice the time to write something in English than in my language :max:)

wow your post, once again is brilliant and spot on! :unsure:

Never thought English was not your native tongue. You write and express yourself very very well. The structure of your texts and ideas is always clear and insightful. What country are you from, if can be known? :P

I agree with all of what you said, starting by the Michelle Young thing, imo Axl is kind of ashamed of those people and women. They were all trashy, drugaddicts and he never liked that stuff, so as you said, he wanted to move on from that world. Leave it behind and become more intellectual. I think he did with some of the UYI songs and some CD songs but it took him so long and he lost so many opportunities.

It was always a question mark in my head on why he never collaborated with great artists. Why he never duet with more people. So much talent wasted just because of bullshit..... I really hope he can recover his focus and go back to whatever he wanted to do before. It is a pity seeing him hanging out with people who do not contribute to expand his experiences and his culture. Slash and Duff have done a lot more in that aspect and have evolved in many areas.

What he does publicly nowadays really contradicts his desires from the past. It feels like he gave up on that and now its like "ok, this is all i can aim for: brainless models". It is sad. It disappoints me because I know deep inside he's really good in what he does and I wish he'd find the motivation to get out of his comfort zone and do more. I dont understand why he refuses so much to make a solo album, or play small venues, acoustic shows, grab the guitar or piano and play for an audience.... :shrugs:

Everything he does has to be big and like he cannot be without a bunch of babysitters around all the time. I wonder if he ever feels the need to be alone, to go to places by himself and just find his inner self. Not sure that'll ever happen though. The older he gets, the more he will need company and more entourage :(

1 hour ago, Kira said:

Sometimes you are very rude in your responses.  Any reason for that?

Anyway, what I was saying is, that the abuse allegations with women were thankfully many years ago.  I've been keeping up with Axl/GnR news since the beginning, probably longer than you.  Just because he takes a woman to a nightclub, that doesn't qualify as a relationship.  And it's not necessarily an indicator of sexual preference.  No, I don't need pictures, but there is no credible evidence of Axl banging models in every city he visits.  No exploits revealed, which these days is rare.

Maybe he's paid models to attend parties, and maybe they want to be paid and/or hang out with a celebrity.  I don't consider that consumption, but a mutual arrangement.

Yes. I'm sorry about that.

Reason is that I have a hard time dealing with ignorant and cringeworthy comments. Your whole reasoning in your first post sounds like that and this new one is even worse :facepalm:

Like, where in the hell are you pulling this "abuse allegations" thing from? Who mentioned that? Where? I did not mention any of it so I don't know what you're talking about.

- "I've been keeping up with Axl/GnR news since the beginning, probably longer than you."
It doesn't look like you've been keeping up with Axl/GNR news, I'm sorry but no, it doesn't look like that. Or you tend to believe a lot of fake sources. Probably longer than me? I really doubt it but again, what's your base to say that? I'm into GN'R since the early 90's. There's not a huge gap between that and the year they started as a band. If you are a fan of them since 1986, cool, you beat me for six years or something. Not much though. Back in the day I caught up with all of it in a matter of 6 months.

- "Just because he takes a woman to a nightclub, that doesn't qualify as a relationship."

:question:

Again, who said he has relationships with the models or women he's been seen with at the night clubs?
No one did.
I did not.
You are making up stuff.

- "And it's not necessarily an indicator of sexual preference."

I think most of the times it is.
He's hardly ever seen with guys in that situation but I'm not gonna dwell much on that because he could see them in private and we wouldn't know.
Either way, what you say is not an evidence of him being gay either. So we are all at point zero anyway.

- "No, I don't need pictures, but there is no credible evidence of Axl banging models in every city he visits.  No exploits revealed, which these days is rare."

What would be credible evidence for you then?

I don't know what "exploits revealed" means but VIP prostitution is not like regular one. They usually sign non-disclosure agreements and fill tons of papers that make them legally liable in the future if they ever leak information on who their clients are. Celebrities like Axl do not bang random women from the street, with all the risks that implies. VIP prostitution provides celebrities with all the safety measures they need to ensure them no tricks will be pulled later.

Also, it is known that everybody who gets invited backstage or to the after parties must put their phones in a lock pouch and are not allowed to use it during the entire evening. That's why there aren't pictures, videos or audios from the famous GN'R after-parties. Or at least I havent come across one yet.

- "Maybe he's paid models to attend parties, and maybe they want to be paid and/or hang out with a celebrity.  I don't consider that consumption, but a mutual arrangement."

If it is an arrangement based on monetary retribution then it is a service.
You have a service and you have costumers of your service.
Your costumers consume the service you provide.
These are the basics of marketing: offer & demand.

16 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I'm glad to hear the silliness going on in this thread managed to cheer you up :) You should post here more, I often enjoy your posts in other threads!

While I enjoy reading this thread I don't typically post in it because my opinion generally goes against the norm in here. Not so sure anyone wants me to start adding my somewhat skewed perspective and out of the norm opinions in here  :lol:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

While I enjoy reading this thread I don't typically post in it because my opinion generally goes against the norm in here. Not so sure anyone wants me to start adding my somewhat skewed perspective and out of the norm opinions in here  :lol:

Go for it! We aren't all going to bash you...?

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

wow your post, once again is brilliant and spot on! :unsure:

Never thought English was not your native tongue. You write and express yourself very very well. The structure of your texts and ideas is always clear and insightful. What country are you from, if can be known? :P

I agree with all of what you said, starting by the Michelle Young thing, imo Axl is kind of ashamed of those people and women. They were all trashy, drugaddicts and he never liked that stuff, so as you said, he wanted to move on from that world. Leave it behind and become more intellectual. I think he did with some of the UYI songs and some CD songs but it took him so long and he lost so many opportunities.

It was always a question mark in my head on why he never collaborated with great artists. Why he never duet with more people. So much talent wasted just because of bullshit..... I really hope he can recover his focus and go back to whatever he wanted to do before. It is a pity seeing him hanging out with people who do not contribute to expand his experiences and his culture. Slash and Duff have done a lot more in that aspect and have evolved in many areas.

What he does publicly nowadays really contradicts his desires from the past. It feels like he gave up on that and now its like "ok, this is all i can aim for: brainless models". It is sad. It disappoints me because I know deep inside he's really good in what he does and I wish he'd find the motivation to get out of his comfort zone and do more. I dont understand why he refuses so much to make a solo album, or play small venues, acoustic shows, grab the guitar or piano and play for an audience.... :shrugs:

Everything he does has to be big and like he cannot be without a bunch of babysitters around all the time. I wonder if he ever feels the need to be alone, to go to places by himself and just find his inner self. Not sure that'll ever happen though. The older he gets, the more he will need company and more entourage :(

Yes. I'm sorry about that.

Reason is that I have a hard time dealing with ignorant and cringeworthy comments. Your whole reasoning in your first post sounds like that and this new one is even worse :facepalm:

Like, where in the hell are you pulling this "abuse allegations" thing from? Who mentioned that? Where? I did not mention any of it so I don't know what you're talking about.

- "I've been keeping up with Axl/GnR news since the beginning, probably longer than you."
It doesn't look like you've been keeping up with Axl/GNR news, I'm sorry but no, it doesn't look like that. Or you tend to believe a lot of fake sources. Probably longer than me? I really doubt it but again, what's your base to say that? I'm into GN'R since the early 90's. There's not a huge gap between that and the year they started as a band. If you are a fan of them since 1986, cool, you beat me for six years or something. Not much though. Back in the day I caught up with all of it in a matter of 6 months.

- "Just because he takes a woman to a nightclub, that doesn't qualify as a relationship."

:question:

Again, who said he has relationships with the models or women he's been seen with at the night clubs?
No one did.
I did not.
You are making up stuff.

- "And it's not necessarily an indicator of sexual preference."

I think most of the times it is.
He's hardly ever seen with guys in that situation but I'm not gonna dwell much on that because he could see them in private and we wouldn't know.
Either way, what you say is not an evidence of him being gay either. So we are all at point zero anyway.

- "No, I don't need pictures, but there is no credible evidence of Axl banging models in every city he visits.  No exploits revealed, which these days is rare."

What would be credible evidence for you then?

I don't know what "exploits revealed" means but VIP prostitution is not like regular one. They usually sign non-disclosure agreements and fill tons of papers that make them legally liable in the future if they ever leak information on who their clients are. Celebrities like Axl do not bang random women from the street, with all the risks that implies. VIP prostitution provides celebrities with all the safety measures they need to ensure them no tricks will be pulled later.

Also, it is known that everybody who gets invited backstage or to the after parties must put their phones in a lock pouch and are not allowed to use it during the entire evening. That's why there aren't pictures, videos or audios from the famous GN'R after-parties. Or at least I havent come across one yet.

- "Maybe he's paid models to attend parties, and maybe they want to be paid and/or hang out with a celebrity.  I don't consider that consumption, but a mutual arrangement."

If it is an arrangement based on monetary retribution then it is a service.
You have a service and you have costumers of your service.
Your costumers consume the service you provide.
These are the basics of marketing: offer & demand.

I'm calling this out...passive aggressive...this should be a forum where we can all feel free to share opinions without being told out opinions are wrong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lumikki said:

but I also wonder if that ever caused cute little problems

The morning wood problems are probably more urgent in this situation :rofl-lol:

5 hours ago, Lumikki said:

That's the first time Meegan has ever reminded me of Axl face-wise.

Well, is it safe to conclude that every gf Slash ever had looked like Axl yet or? :lol:

Edited by tiutso
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

I'm calling this out...passive aggressive...this should be a forum where we can all feel free to share opinions without being told out opinions are wrong.

No, you are the passive aggressive one. I'm straight forward and I have no problem telling it how it is. You don't even know the meaning of passive aggressive.

Who prevents you from sharing your opinion?

Where did I say someone's opinion is wrong?

I don't even know who you are. Never talked to you here so I don't know even where your jumping from or why.

5 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Whencoming back from new york, i had just been at the gig so was at the airport some guy came up to me, looked very nervous then he was asking about the gig and if i was Guns N' Roses ... I was wearing my gnr top and i have long red hair,  not happy that i am 28 and some one thinks im in my mid 50 but  I said no but my mate was saying you should of said Yes. It also happened in Vegas 

Wibble!!!!!! 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SSHGUNS said:

Whencoming back from new york, i had just been at the gig so was at the airport some guy came up to me, looked very nervous then he was asking about the gig and if i was Guns N' Roses ... I was wearing my gnr top and i have long red hair,  not happy that i am 28 and some one thinks im in my mid 50 but  I said no but my mate was saying you should of said Yes. It also happened in Vegas 

Wibble!!!!!! 

:rofl-lol:

I dont know about that article, Slash goes away with models and Axl and leave Meegan there, probably nothing happened but she goes everywhere he goes, so...

1 hour ago, SSHGUNS said:

Wibble!!!!!! 

He must have in his mind a young Axl imagine, i would take it as a compliment, young Axl was beautiful.

I must be 4 because i giggled at the statue photo

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, giuls said:

I dont know about that article, Slash goes away with models and Axl and leave Meegan there, probably nothing happened but she goes everywhere he goes, so...

Where does it say that he left Meegan there and went alone?

8 minutes ago, giuls said:

He must have in his mind a young Axl imagine, i would take it as a compliment, young Axl was beautiful.

I must be 4 because i giggled at the statue photo

The Statue photo is funny :lol: 

Slash and Duffs missus' do literally go everywhere with them. I can't figure out whether it's sweet, or a bit of daren't let them out of their sight. :rofl-lol:

I saw Loaded in 2009 at Download. They were on the third stage not even head lining, like totally just a little tent in a field in a metal heads festival full of mud and piss. But could see Duff waiting to go on, he was raging about something, think Andy Copping had messed up the timings cos the tent wasn't full as Motley Crüe were due on at the around the same time. His wife was there then, I just thought why the hell would she wanna leave her lovely house in LA to slum it in a pissy field in Derbyshire :lol:

9 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

Where does it say that he left Meegan there and went alone?

Well, the article said Axl, Slash and models, it obviously implied they were alone if not they wouldnt have written it as a separate thing from the party in the next sentence if there were other people, it would still be the party.

@MillionsOfSpiders i reckon the second, i can totally see why they follow them on tour, they're long but Susan even went with Duff when he surprised the fans at the pop up shop, he didnt stay that long, i would have relaxed at the hotel.

I couldnt bear to follow my SO all the time but that's why i wouldnt marry any of them :lol:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The Statue photo is funny :lol: 

Slash and Duffs missus' do literally go everywhere with them. I can't figure out whether it's sweet, or a bit of daren't let them out of their sight. :rofl-lol:

I saw Loaded in 2009 at Download. They were on the third stage not even head lining, like totally just a little tent in a field in a metal heads festival full of mud and piss. But could see Duff waiting to go on, he was raging about something, think Andy Copping had messed up the timings cos the tent wasn't full as Motley Crüe were due on at the around the same time. His wife was there then, I just thought why the hell would she wanna leave her lovely house in LA to slum it in a pissy field in Derbyshire :lol:

The second :rofl-lol: I dunno what will happens with Duff N' Slash if They are joining the after party without Their Wives :D But for Duff its more like road gay right? :D

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1