GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

11 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/coups/DuffAxl/tumblr_o56e8xFEjr1u9sj0qo1_540.png~original

And Axl will look like this as well, because Duff is going to make him and Slash exercise until all the pizza and sandwhiches are burned off.

(I realize Axl is more likely high on god knows what in that picture, rather than exhausted, but it works.

Also does anyone know what is actually going on in that picture??? I've always wondered...)

This was at that Storage space on Gardner. They had no PA system for Axl, so they'd scream in each other's ears during rehearsal to get things across. Both Duff and Slash said in their books that normally they couldn't hear Axl singing during rehearsals, so sometimes they'd hear songs for the 1st time with the lyrics on stage. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

This was at that Storage space on Gardner. They had no PA system for Axl, so they'd scream in each other's ears during rehearsal to get things across. Both Duff and Slash said in their books that normally they couldn't hear Axl singing during rehearsals, so sometimes they'd hear songs for the 1st time with the lyrics on stage. 

Nice wallpaper they've got there. Lots of inspiration for them I should imagine. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Angus, it's your turn now :headbang:

:P

wttj.gif

No no no, no Angus, he can't have none of that!

Why did this leg of the tour have to end?! Why does he have to go for Axl/DC?! I need my weekly dose of Slaxl as much as I need oxygen.....and Grandpa had to ruin it! :angry:

I'm a very jealous and posessive GN'R fan, it's really not easly letting our boy go.....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Okay, guess it's good to see Axl and Slash were partying together at least with all these models...

But also "Rose was seen on the roof sitting on the hotel's giant sign."  Sitting on that sign?? :scared: Do I need to start worrying not just about him breaking his legs or hips, but also about him breaking his neck or splattering his brains on the ground now? :facepalm:

RooseveltHotel03.jpg

Crazy but do you think is it true? I'd love to see pictures of that.... Because it reminded me of something and I became :suspicious:

Vicky had organized a meeting to sign the long-awaited contract with several record executives at Geffen in March 1986. But on the day Axl lost his contact lenses and refused to go. He flew into a rage thinking someone had stolen his contact lenses, refused to go to the meeting and stormed out of the house telling the others to 'go without him'.

Vicky recalled: 'All I wanted to do was get down there and sign the contract and the clock in my mind was going tick tock and it's getting later and later. I'm just thinking "Don't blow it, let's get the money". 'In my mind I was thinking: "Please God just let me get my apartment back to myself." 'What was going through Axl's head was "Who took my contact lenses so I can't read the contract?"

'Then we eventually found him sitting on top of the Whisky A Go Go, in an easy pose looking over the city where he would become the new reigning king.' Axl had climbed up to the roof via a fire escape.

Eventually he was persuaded to come down after Slash told him his contacts had been found - in his pants.

lol :lol:

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Well, as long as your opinions are based on more than fake articles created by spam sites, I don't think anyone would mind :P

hah. Very appropiate remark ;)

28 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Angus, it's your turn now :headbang:

:P

wttj.gif

awww, this is so very cute! :heart:

21 hours ago, killuridols said:

I agree with all of what you said, starting by the Michelle Young thing, imo Axl is kind of ashamed of those people and women. They were all trashy, drugaddicts and he never liked that stuff, so as you said, he wanted to move on from that world. Leave it behind and become more intellectual. I think he did with some of the UYI songs and some CD songs but it took him so long and he lost so many opportunities.

I don't think it's because he is ashamed of them. After all, the people he has replaced them with (sorry for bringing up Sasha again :ph34r:) are not better, and at least Michelle doesn't seem to have been so trashy then and she certainly isn't now. As for drugs, yeah, he has had a distaste for it since the early 90s and he may have been angry at Michelle back then about this, but he had still friends who were using, West Arkeen, Shannon Hoon (and Baz at the time, I think), not to mention the band; and most of the early days' friends who survived have been sober years now, including Michelle.

The reason, imo, Axl alienated these people is that after the breakup and during the NuGuns era he was bitter about almost everyone and everything that had to do the old band. With the way his mind works, revising and reinterpreting the past, he thought everything had been a lie from the start: the band was never a family, there was no real friendship between them (iirc he had said so in the chat), they never cared about him, Slash had been undermining him since day one, etc. And this took along other people from the band's inner circle and band's close friends including musicians like Mike Monroe. Axl didn't want anyone that reminded him of the "good old days" (especially as most of them remained friends with Slash or at least were in touch with him), let alone talking to him about a reunion. And those he kept near him for some time (Robert John, Tom Zutaut, Marc Canter), he eventually kicked them out for reasons that weren't seemingly so serious and it seems that he hasn't mended his relationship with them yet.

It was always a question mark in my head on why he never collaborated with great artists. Why he never duet with more people. So much talent wasted just because of bullshit..... I really hope he can recover his focus and go back to whatever he wanted to do before. It is a pity seeing him hanging out with people who do not contribute to expand his experiences and his culture. Slash and Duff have done a lot more in that aspect and have evolved in many areas.

What he does publicly nowadays really contradicts his desires from the past. It feels like he gave up on that and now its like "ok, this is all i can aim for: brainless models". It is sad. It disappoints me because I know deep inside he's really good in what he does and I wish he'd find the motivation to get out of his comfort zone and do more. I dont understand why he refuses so much to make a solo album, or play small venues, acoustic shows, grab the guitar or piano and play for an audience.... :shrugs:

Everything he does has to be big and like he cannot be without a bunch of babysitters around all the time. I wonder if he ever feels the need to be alone, to go to places by himself and just find his inner self. Not sure that'll ever happen though. The older he gets, the more he will need company and more entourage :(

Yeah, it is very sad. I would like to see him doing these things too. And the solo instrumental thing he has been talking about; he must have a lot of this stuff in his vault. At least AXL/DC is a step out of his comfort zone. Let's hope for more and of course for new music with GnR.

What country are you from, if can be known? :P

Greece (I think I mentioned it before). There's a lot of love and appreciation here for South American culture :)

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:
22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

On the other hand, Axl wanted to evolve artistically and intellectually (and he had great potential for that, with his family background, mental and emotional issues being withstanding factors). He has always wanted to reach a more intellectual audience, beyond enraged teenagers, mid-western Americans like him and brainless metalheads (and this is why he has cared so much about what the critics say), which is contradictory to his public social life, but he doesn't seem to understand it.

The first bolded sentence: Omg, this is one of the things that frustrates me so much about him. But he just doesn't get it :facepalm: I really wish for him to get the kind of respect and recognition he wants, but at the rate he is going, this is never gonna happen.

Yeah, he unfortunately has never got it, not back then, not now :( (now I'm thinking again about it, I'm not so sure if he doesn't get it or it's a "I'll do it my way" thing). At least he seems to have understood something about the videos. This is secondary, of course, and maybe I'm too harsh about it (and I exaggerated, because I like more than few of their videos and the makings of the trilogy are very interesting), but damn, Axl had a model playing his girlfriend (and then became his real gf) punching another model for his beautiful eyes or someone coming out from the wedding cake and he expected to be taken seriously... :unsure:

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nice wallpaper they've got there. Lots of inspiration for them I should imagine. 

Yeah, so much class, like the shirt Axl is wearing at the NITL shows.

Edited by Blackstar

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think it's because he is ashamed of them. After all, the people he has replaced them with (sorry for bringing up Sasha again :ph34r:) are not better, and at least Michelle doesn't seem to have been so trashy then and she certainly isn't now. As for drugs, yeah, he has had a distaste for it since the early 90s and he may have been angry at Michelle back then about this, but he had still friends who were using, West Arkeen, Shannon Hoon (and Baz at the time, I think), not to mention the band; and most of the early days' friends who survived have been sober years now, including Michelle.

---------

Greece (I think I mentioned it before). There's a lot of love and appreciation here for South American culture :)

Maybe I did not express my thoughts very clear so let's try once again :D

What I meant is that I really think Axl did not want to be romantically associated with women like that. You are right, most of his friends and his own bandmates were drug addicts. But this has to do with what you mentioned before, about him wanting to evolve, become more respectable and associate himself to the likes of Elton John and Queen. While he had sex with all of them strippers and random girls, the one he chose to go public was a different kind of woman. Erin was not a stripper, pole dancer, prostitute or drug user. She came from a family of artists, with a different background and status. That's the one he officially introduced to his family, that's the one he called his official girlfriend and the one whom he married. After her, came Stephanie, again from an upper status than the Michelles, Adrianas, Pamelas, etc.

Yeah, it's true, the ones he's hanging out with nowadays are not better and it actually feels like a downgrade from Erin and Stephanie but that's because of what you said before too. In the early 90's, Axl had a different vision or projects for his career. He wanted great things for himself and the band. Could not get there. Apparently gave up for a long time.

-----

Oh, I'm not sure I read it or maybe I forgot (i'm old, sorry :ph34r:) but wow, Greece, what a country, what a history and culture :book:

Great minds from the ancient Greece. I have read the BIG THREE (not GN'R :P) and studied them like a nutso.

I love philosophy :heart:

Didn't know you guys appreciate our culture. Makes me feel small, haha. We're not so great as you guys. :awesomeface:

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

On the other hand, Axl wanted to evolve artistically and intellectually (and he had great potential for that, with his family background, mental and emotional issues being withstanding factors). He has always wanted to reach a more intellectual audience, beyond enraged teenagers, mid-western Americans like him and brainless metalheads (and this is why he has cared so much about what the critics say), which is contradictory to his public social life, but he doesn't seem to understand it. He wanted to work and be related with acclaimed musicians, but most of them avoided him (and those he did work with were there, to be honest, because the paycheck was very tempting), something that has been partially Axl's own fault and partially a result of a preconceived opinion of him, because people disliked him without knowing him personally. In general, Axl's public image and notoriety made him avoidable, even despised and hated, by many people. This, along with the loss of old friends one way or another and all his problems, made him vulnerable to people like Andrei and other leeches. And from a point on, this lifestyle and this kind of people became Axl's comfort zone and the life he is used to live. This doesn't make him a bad person (I agree with

@Frey).

I don't consider Axl a "bad person" in general. He's done things that I don't like, but he has showed some good traits. And the hate he has received as a public figure is disproportionate to what he actually is and highly based on misconceptions of facts.

This post was so on point, and I did want to comment on it. I agree. Axl's wanted to branch out, and when you hear him speak and hear others speak about him, he seems like a genuinely pleasant, smart man with a lot of varied interests in his life. But then when you see articles about him in the press, it's all this shallow hanging out with models and the pretty, privileged crowd. It could be that this is his comfort zone and it's facilitated by the people he hangs out with. On the other hand in all those photos with the models, he looks as though he'd rather be anywhere else than posing for that picture. It's his public social life, as you've said, and it's entirely possible it's now a carefully and deliberately cultivated image. When Axl's not on tour one doesn't generally read these news reports about him at these clubs with models until dawn. Perhaps the powers that be don't want Axl Rose to be seen as the guy who sits at home reading; they want him to be surrounded by 20-year-old models and seem sexy and appealing to that demographic; doing that makes news. I don't know.

And given the fact that someone in Axl's position (with a fair amount of money, celebrity and influence) would have to be very careful about the people they chose to trust and confide in, perhaps that partying makes sense on another level - everyone's there to have a good time and everyone goes home the next day; there's no deeper commitment or attachment, and there's none expected.

And no, I don't think Axl's a bad person either, and I agree; he's received far more public hate and derision than he has ever deserved. He seems to be one of those people that the press just wait to see if they can trip up - the moment he makes a single mistake, they are there to point and laugh. I absolutely think some people in the press *want* him to be a trainwreck so they can print all sorts of salacious stories about him and make money off it. He won't work with them the way some other celebrities will, and I think they hate that.

I think he's done some very bad things in his life, like the DV, but unlike most people, he's also worked very, very hard on himself and seems to have made an honest and aggressive attempt to work past his demons. it's very telling that there haven't been any stories of him beating up women in 24 years; he's been on time to shows for years now; and he seems to have really made concerted efforts to change.

7 hours ago, dgnr said:

awww I've actually lost count of how many times I saw this video :o The Queen song and that last part where Axl says 'I love you too'. Props to you, it's great!!

I think its not I love You too

6 hours ago, Andy14 said:

One thing that is well-known about Axl is that he never hides his feelings...so here you are 

koláž1-tilex.jpg

Can I post this on fb or tumblr?

10 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

JFC! 

@Frey naming a couple of them after him is nice, Rose is a nice name, but all that many is weird :blink:

It is a huge display of ass kissing. My daughter is named after my sister. I wouldn't have named my son after my sister too, that would be odd. 

I don't think it would be like you naming all of your kids after your sister. It would be like you and another sibling both naming a kid after your sister. Or you and two siblings naming a kid after a favorite aunt or uncle.

@Lumikki You can skip those part, You have to read it, its awesome fic :D

The reason, imo, Axl alienated these people is that after the breakup and during the NuGuns era he was bitter about almost everyone and everything that had to do the old band. With the way his mind works, revising and reinterpreting the past, he thought everything had been a lie from the start: the band was never a family, there was no real friendship between them (iirc he had said so in the chat), they never cared about him, Slash had been undermining him since day one, etc. And this took along other people from the band's inner circle and band's close friends including musicians like Mike Monroe. Axl didn't want anyone that reminded him of the "good old days" (especially as most of them remained friends with Slash or at least were in touch with him), let alone talking to him about a reunion. And those he kept near him for some time (Robert John, Tom Zutaut, Marc Canter), he eventually kicked them out for reasons that weren't seemingly so serious and it seems that he hasn't mended his relationship with them yet.

@Blackstar

I really need His book to know what happens back then tht makes He said tht, dont care if its series 

On the 80's He looks happy tho

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tracii-guns-on-guns-n-roses-reunion-i-think-its-the-greatest-thing-there-could-be-for-rock-and-roll-right-now/

He continued, "I haven't spoken to Axl since 1988, but we still have a lot of mutual friends. I don't wish him ill, but it's hard because he never stops saying bad things about me. He was on my MySpace page doing that very recently.

I dunno if this is true or not 

Edited by SerenityScorp

12 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tracii-guns-on-guns-n-roses-reunion-i-think-its-the-greatest-thing-there-could-be-for-rock-and-roll-right-now/

He continued, "I haven't spoken to Axl since 1988, but we still have a lot of mutual friends. I don't wish him ill, but it's hard because he never stops saying bad things about me. He was on my MySpace page doing that very recently.

I didn't even know myspace was still around!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

That quote came from within the current article, where for some reason they dragged up quotes from a January 2007 article.  So stupid.  I guess they couldn't just print all the good stuff Tracii Guns had to say now.  :max:

4 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOL is that anything like close your eyes and think of England?? :lol:

Haha, yes it is. I'm very patriotic :lol:

22 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

He also says that GNR would have had more fire if he had remained in the band :lol: 

I have his LA Guns albums, so I know he's telling porkies there...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Thanks for the read, I've never seen this article before.