Carlycosmos

GNR Women's discussion

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

On the other hand, Axl wanted to evolve artistically and intellectually (and he had great potential for that, with his family background, mental and emotional issues being withstanding factors). He has always wanted to reach a more intellectual audience, beyond enraged teenagers, mid-western Americans like him and brainless metalheads (and this is why he has cared so much about what the critics say), which is contradictory to his public social life, but he doesn't seem to understand it. He wanted to work and be related with acclaimed musicians, but most of them avoided him (and those he did work with were there, to be honest, because the paycheck was very tempting), something that has been partially Axl's own fault and partially a result of a preconceived opinion of him, because people disliked him without knowing him personally. In general, Axl's public image and notoriety made him avoidable, even despised and hated, by many people. This, along with the loss of old friends one way or another and all his problems, made him vulnerable to people like Andrei and other leeches. And from a point on, this lifestyle and this kind of people became Axl's comfort zone and the life he is used to live. This doesn't make him a bad person (I agree with

@Frey).

I don't consider Axl a "bad person" in general. He's done things that I don't like, but he has showed some good traits. And the hate he has received as a public figure is disproportionate to what he actually is and highly based on misconceptions of facts.

This post was so on point, and I did want to comment on it. I agree. Axl's wanted to branch out, and when you hear him speak and hear others speak about him, he seems like a genuinely pleasant, smart man with a lot of varied interests in his life. But then when you see articles about him in the press, it's all this shallow hanging out with models and the pretty, privileged crowd. It could be that this is his comfort zone and it's facilitated by the people he hangs out with. On the other hand in all those photos with the models, he looks as though he'd rather be anywhere else than posing for that picture. It's his public social life, as you've said, and it's entirely possible it's now a carefully and deliberately cultivated image. When Axl's not on tour one doesn't generally read these news reports about him at these clubs with models until dawn. Perhaps the powers that be don't want Axl Rose to be seen as the guy who sits at home reading; they want him to be surrounded by 20-year-old models and seem sexy and appealing to that demographic; doing that makes news. I don't know.

And given the fact that someone in Axl's position (with a fair amount of money, celebrity and influence) would have to be very careful about the people they chose to trust and confide in, perhaps that partying makes sense on another level - everyone's there to have a good time and everyone goes home the next day; there's no deeper commitment or attachment, and there's none expected.

And no, I don't think Axl's a bad person either, and I agree; he's received far more public hate and derision than he has ever deserved. He seems to be one of those people that the press just wait to see if they can trip up - the moment he makes a single mistake, they are there to point and laugh. I absolutely think some people in the press *want* him to be a trainwreck so they can print all sorts of salacious stories about him and make money off it. He won't work with them the way some other celebrities will, and I think they hate that.

I think he's done some very bad things in his life, like the DV, but unlike most people, he's also worked very, very hard on himself and seems to have made an honest and aggressive attempt to work past his demons. it's very telling that there haven't been any stories of him beating up women in 24 years; he's been on time to shows for years now; and he seems to have really made concerted efforts to change.

7 hours ago, dgnr said:

awww I've actually lost count of how many times I saw this video :o The Queen song and that last part where Axl says 'I love you too'. Props to you, it's great!!

I think its not I love You too

6 hours ago, Andy14 said:

One thing that is well-known about Axl is that he never hides his feelings...so here you are 

koláž1-tilex.jpg

Can I post this on fb or tumblr?

10 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

JFC! 

@Frey naming a couple of them after him is nice, Rose is a nice name, but all that many is weird :blink:

It is a huge display of ass kissing. My daughter is named after my sister. I wouldn't have named my son after my sister too, that would be odd. 

I don't think it would be like you naming all of your kids after your sister. It would be like you and another sibling both naming a kid after your sister. Or you and two siblings naming a kid after a favorite aunt or uncle.

@Lumikki You can skip those part, You have to read it, its awesome fic :D

The reason, imo, Axl alienated these people is that after the breakup and during the NuGuns era he was bitter about almost everyone and everything that had to do the old band. With the way his mind works, revising and reinterpreting the past, he thought everything had been a lie from the start: the band was never a family, there was no real friendship between them (iirc he had said so in the chat), they never cared about him, Slash had been undermining him since day one, etc. And this took along other people from the band's inner circle and band's close friends including musicians like Mike Monroe. Axl didn't want anyone that reminded him of the "good old days" (especially as most of them remained friends with Slash or at least were in touch with him), let alone talking to him about a reunion. And those he kept near him for some time (Robert John, Tom Zutaut, Marc Canter), he eventually kicked them out for reasons that weren't seemingly so serious and it seems that he hasn't mended his relationship with them yet.

@Blackstar

I really need His book to know what happens back then tht makes He said tht, dont care if its series 

On the 80's He looks happy tho

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tracii-guns-on-guns-n-roses-reunion-i-think-its-the-greatest-thing-there-could-be-for-rock-and-roll-right-now/

He continued, "I haven't spoken to Axl since 1988, but we still have a lot of mutual friends. I don't wish him ill, but it's hard because he never stops saying bad things about me. He was on my MySpace page doing that very recently.

I dunno if this is true or not 

Edited by SerenityScorp

12 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tracii-guns-on-guns-n-roses-reunion-i-think-its-the-greatest-thing-there-could-be-for-rock-and-roll-right-now/

He continued, "I haven't spoken to Axl since 1988, but we still have a lot of mutual friends. I don't wish him ill, but it's hard because he never stops saying bad things about me. He was on my MySpace page doing that very recently.

I didn't even know myspace was still around!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

That quote came from within the current article, where for some reason they dragged up quotes from a January 2007 article.  So stupid.  I guess they couldn't just print all the good stuff Tracii Guns had to say now.  :max:

4 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOL is that anything like close your eyes and think of England?? :lol:

Haha, yes it is. I'm very patriotic :lol:

22 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

He also says that GNR would have had more fire if he had remained in the band :lol: 

I have his LA Guns albums, so I know he's telling porkies there...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

So Tracii and Axl use MySpace....

LMFAO:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Maybe behind all those feuds Slash N' Axl actually send love messages by using Myspace :wow:

:awesomeface:

Any of y'all were around when a dude opened a thread about the sexual tension between band members in 2012? :D

20 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Any of y'all were around when a dude opened a thread about the sexual tension between band members in 2012? :D

Wht happens, Cause Im just a new member, started this year because of Twizzy case

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Thanks for the read, I've never seen this article before.

6 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

Thanks for the read, I've never seen this article before.

Its just recently posted

11 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Wht happens, Cause Im just a new member, started this year because of Twizzy case

I don't actually know what was in the thread, because I started lurking much later. I just stumbled upon a thread of that dude asking to bring it back and a bunch of people being mad at him for even starting it in the first place. I was curious what went on there before it got taken down.

20 minutes ago, tiutso said:

I don't actually know what was in the thread, because I started lurking much later. I just stumbled upon a thread of that dude asking to bring it back and a bunch of people being mad at him for even starting it in the first place. I was curious what went on there before it got taken down.

Lol, if theres woman thread back then maybe They wouldnt take it down  :lol:

People turned a blind eye when its clearly theres something going on between Slaxl :P

Edited by SerenityScorp

i miss myspace honestly. yeah pages could get pretty cringey but it still had a ton more personality than facebook. i got suspended from school every other week so i put allot of hours into my page. it was also totally not creepy to add a hot chick that you didn't know and talk to her like it would be to do so on facebook.

Edited by -W.A.R-

I felt that MySpace was a lot less creepy than Facebook, overall. And I liked that they did not require you to use your last name publicly.

However, those headache-inducing horrible backgrounds and flashing GIFs people had on their pages...yeah, I don't miss those.

full.jpg

Im seeing GN'R Myspace N' found this, whose case is this? I wonder if its a present from Axl to Someone in the Band, cause if its a present, tht would be a proof if Slash candies are present  from Axl 

Edited by SerenityScorp

4 minutes ago, stella said:

I felt that MySpace was a lot less creepy than Facebook, overall. And I liked that they did not require you to use your last name publicly.

However, those headache-inducing horrible backgrounds and flashing GIFs people had on their pages...yeah, I don't miss those.

don't forget that horrible popular song at the time on autoplay haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tiutso said:

Yeah, I started my account in 2008. There's been many bizarre threads :lol:

16 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, I started my account in 2008. There's been many bizarre threads :lol:

Was anything interesting said in that one? :lol:

7 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Was anything interesting said in that one? :lol:

Not that I can remember, i have a sieve brain though, but I can't think of anything that we haven't already discussed in this thread. :) 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

full.jpg

Im seeing GN'R Myspace N' found this, whose case is this? I wonder if its a present from Axl to Someone in the Band, cause if its a present, tht would be a proof if Slash candies are present  from Axl 

Isn't Dizzy the Jaeger fan?