GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

10 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

If what Vicky says is true, that Axl was thinking something along the lines of "Who took my contact lenses so I can't read the contract?" (first time I've heard that), then well... that's some really fucking paranoid thinking right there. :scared: Makes him seem pretty cray-cray. I mean, what's more likely, you just having misplaced your contacts somewhere or someone among your friends having made an evil plan to steal them so you can't read what the company (that they're apparently conspiring with) makes you sign. Jeeeez. (And what was keeping him from just wearing his glasses anyway? Or having someone else read the contract for him? No wait, probably not trustworthy enough...)

Eh, I don't think there's a calm and rational thought process at play? Mood swings that have to do with mental illness (if we're theorizing there's one involved) don't really need a reasonable trigger. Even if you deal with less intense issues than a biporal disorder, like a generalized depression, some rather innocent incidents can instantly send you down an uncontrollable spiral of self-disgust towards suicidal ideation or somethig alike. You're not gonna just sit them down and say, "Come on, no reason to be paranoid".

24 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

And it's even more proof of something we already knew: That Axl spends a lot of time on the internet :rolleyes: (Not that I have any room to judge lol).

I'm suspicious that he's one of us :ph34r:. We need to find out :max:. Any tips?

Lol, I really hope that he's never seen this thread, for his own good :nervous:

@Lumikki 

-Really hope He still likes the internet N' not like Duff tht hates it N' even want to kill the internet :P

- Well, yeah it will. Wish Izzy will read those messages from Axl

14 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I'm suspicious that he's one of us :ph34r:. We need to find out :max:. Any tips?

Lol, I really hope that he's never seen this thread, for his own good :nervous:

Yeah maybe He read this thread, N' join Us gossiping with new account :D

Edited by SerenityScorp

That MySpace thing is hilarious, but the entire quote is interesting actually:

He continued, "I haven't spoken to Axl since 1988, but we still have a lot of mutual friends. I don't wish him ill, but it's hard because he never stops saying bad things about me. He was on my MySpace page doing that very recently.

"Axl's problem is that if people don't support him a hundred percent in what he's doing, he just doesn't want to know them anymore. He's so talented, but that talent comes from being a nervous wreck and some place in your head you need to be happy, which he isn't."

This rings very true to me. The first thing is definitely true (is that kind of black and white thinking indicative of something?), and I've also always suspected that Axl is actually really fucking insecure and full of anxieties.

12 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:
20 hours ago, dgnr said:

awww I've actually lost count of how many times I saw this video :o The Queen song and that last part where Axl says 'I love you too'. Props to you, it's great!!

I think its not I love You too

It is. (And yes, I watched that video, don't look at me like that :lol:)

This is what Axl says:

"Fuck you, Slash!"

"I know what that little dedication is about."

"I love you too." (Axl was being sarcastic, because Slash had done something to piss him off.)

I'm actually curious about that little incident. Wth is going on there? What did Slash do to piss Axl off? (And what show is that from?)

Please explain this to me, oh wise ladies of the womens' thread :D

(The end of that video if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about)

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

This is what Axl says:

"Fuck you, Slash!"

"I love you too." (Axl was being sarcastic, because Slash had done something to piss him off.)

I wondered sooo much about that part of the video. Did you read that Axl was pissed at Slash during the concert or are you just asuming it?

12 minutes ago, Frey said:

I'm actually curious about that little incident. Wth is going on there? What did Slash do to piss Axl off? (And what show is that from?)

I think I've read it on Tumblr that the intro he played to that song was out of some other song that's supposed to be telling. But I'm not sure what it's about.

48 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Eh, I don't think there's a calm and rational thought process at play? Mood swings that have to do with mental illness (if we're theorizing there's one involved) don't really need a reasonable trigger. Even if you deal with less intense issues than a biporal disorder, like a generalized depression, some rather innocent incidents can instantly send you down an uncontrollable spiral of self-disgust towards suicidal ideation or somethig alike. You're not gonna just sit them down and say, "Come on, no reason to be paranoid".

Yeah, that's basically what I was saying, only I wasn't very nice about it (shouldn't have called him cray-cray). His behavior there definitely wasn't very rational and can most likely be blamed on some kind of mental health issue, yes.

57 minutes ago, tiutso said:
1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

And shouldn't that thread still be around somewhere if it was from 2012? Or did it get deleted? If you know the title of the thread or something it should be easy to find.

No, that's the point. It got deleted quite soon after being opened up, and the only reason I found out about it was because the OP created another to complain about that first one being deleted :lol:

17 hours ago, Lumikki said:

When I was 14 or so, I basically learned English from reading Izzy/Axl and Slaxl (and also some Sluff) fan fiction. I'm not even joking

lmao

Who was the OP of that thread? I'm angry at myself for not remembering if I ever read that thread or not. It sounds like it must have been pretty hilarious :lol:

No one can ever say again GNR fan fiction isn't good for anything. It teaches bored little children new languages at least :P

24 minutes ago, Frey said:

That MySpace thing is hilarious, but the entire quote is interesting actually:

He continued, "I haven't spoken to Axl since 1988, but we still have a lot of mutual friends. I don't wish him ill, but it's hard because he never stops saying bad things about me. He was on my MySpace page doing that very recently.

"Axl's problem is that if people don't support him a hundred percent in what he's doing, he just doesn't want to know them anymore. He's so talented, but that talent comes from being a nervous wreck and some place in your head you need to be happy, which he isn't."

This rings very true to me. The first thing is definitely true (is that kind of black and white thinking indicative of something?), and I've also always suspected that Axl is actually really fucking insecure and full of anxieties.

Yes, I agree. I always thought Axl was a ball of nervous energy and insecurity as well. He seems to be doing much better these days though.

24 minutes ago, Frey said:

This is what Axl says:

"Fuck you, Slash!"

I just watched that video again and I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS AS WELL.

It's such an interesting little exchange. And the only time we've ever heard Axl say "I love you" to Slash, even if he did in an annoyed/grumpy/sarcastic way :P

Also that entire bit between 1:20 and 2:40. That's all from the same concert, right? @Asia help pls :P

(I admit, I actually haven't watched many of these old GNR shows. Which show is that anyway?)

I mean, WTH WAS GOING ON WITH THEM THAT DAY?!! :blink::D:wub:

It's like they spent the entire show just cuddling with each other and being all over each other. They're extraordinarily affectionate and clingy there.

Drunk? High? Or a special day for them or something? :lol:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I mean, WTH WAS GOING ON WITH THEM THAT DAY?!!

I thinkit's been said that Axl might've been sick. He's kinda leaning forward in one of the sequences, Slash seems to be checking up on him.

32 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

I wondered sooo much about that part of the video. Did you read that Axl was pissed at Slash during the concert or are you just asuming it?

I was just assuming it because of the things Axl is saying there. Don't know how else you could interpret that lol.

22 minutes ago, tiutso said:

I think I've read it on Tumblr that the intro he played to that song was out of some other song that's supposed to be telling. But I'm not sure what it's about.

The song is Only Women Bleed by Alice Cooper I think.

Which has some references to men beating their wifes/women in it and generally treating women like shit.

Maybe Axl was awful to Erin or Steph again that day and Slash was making a dig at him with that song???

Edited to add I just checked and what Axl is singing are indeed some of the lyrics of Only Women Bleed as well. But weirdly enough only the last part of what he's singing. No idea about the "Make love why don't you" (?) part.

Edited by Frey

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

I was just assuming it because of the things Axl is saying there. Don't know how else you could interpret that lol.

The song is Only Women Bleed by Alice Cooper I think.

Which has some references to men beating their wifes/women in it and generally treating women like shit.

Maybe Axl was awful to Erin or Steph again that day and Slash was making a dig at him with that song???

They played that intro a lot though, and I don't think Axl would sing it if he didn't want to. So I don't think its that particular song. 

Although I can never figure out why Axl wanted to sing it so much. Unless it's a note to self kinda thing :shrugs:

39 minutes ago, Frey said:

Lol, you are on a good way to become our Slaxl expert :wub:. Aren't you one of them? :max: You know, I'm being suspicious :suspicious:

I'm also curious what was going on in that video :popcorn:

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They played that intro a lot though, and I don't think Axl would sing it if he didn't want to. So I don't think its that particular song. 

Although I can never figure out why Axl wanted to sing it so much. Unless it's a note to self kinda thing :shrugs:

But it is. The intro Slash is playing is the intro of OWB. Listen to it on Youtube if you don't believe me :lol:

And the lyrics Axl is singing are mostly from OWB as well.

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

Lol, you are on a good way to become our Slaxl expert :wub:. Aren't you one of them? :max: You know, I'm being suspicious :suspicious:

If I were Axl or Slash, I would have sued your gossipping asses to hell and back already :lol:

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Did a search, nothing came up. Most likely got shut down, too.

I duno if I search on the right forum but this

They even discuss about Axl'swater bottle :rofl-lol:

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/25335-axls-bottled-water/

3 minutes ago, Frey said:

But it is. The intro Slash is playing is the intro of OWB. Listen to it on Youtube if you don't believe me :lol:

Well if Axl sings tht I dnt think thts the problem of Him being sarcastic

Just now, Frey said:

What was meant, I think, is that it's not that song that UPSET him. Not that it's not the one being played.

2 minutes ago, tiutso said:

What was meant, I think, is that it's not that song that UPSET him. Not that it's not the one being played.

Ah I get it now. Sorry @MillionsOfSpiders :P

But then how does this fit with

32 minutes ago, tiutso said:

?

Also it would explain Axl going "Fuck you" and saying "I know what that is about."

Maybe it was the first time they played that song? Slash just brought it up as a dig at Axl and it stuck somehow?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frey said:

If I were Axl or Slash, I would have sued your gossipping asses to hell and back already :lol:

That's what I mean though, they played that song all the time, and he sang that part all the time. I know the song, I've got the original. I know the lyrics. 

10 minutes ago, Frey said:

Ah I get it now. Sorry @MillionsOfSpiders :P

But then how does this fit with

?

Also it would explain Axl going "Fuck you" and saying "I know what that is about."

Maybe it was the first time they played that song? Slash just brought it up as a dig at Axl and it stuck somehow?

I don't think Slash would spring that on him. It's about the third verse in of that song too. I think that song was put in there by all of them, wasn't it always the intro to Patience? can't quite remember now. I always thought Axl might tag OWB to Patience for some reason known to him. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

56 minutes ago, Frey said:

Black or white thinking or splitting is one of the main symptoms of BPD but it can occour in depression too.

About the lebeis relationships, i wonder if the return of Slash and Duff changed things as in can they still blackmail him emotionally with them there, is still super afraid of abandonment even now that he seems better?

38 minutes ago, tiutso said:

I thinkit's been said that Axl might've been sick. He's kinda leaning forward in one of the sequences, Slash seems to be checking up on him.

I don't know, it seems to me that the majority of the cuddling comes from Axl, he's blurry but he seems affectionate not sick?

About the "i love you too" like @MillionsOfSpiders said, Axl keeps singing and they seems pretty far in the song, did they talk before the song? Axl mustn't have been that annoyed because he kept singing.