Carlycosmos

GNR Women's discussion

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I put this in the AXL/DC forum, but in case some of you don't go in there... Looks like they got him a personalised mic stand :) 

image.jpeg

Awwww ain't that sweet of them....?  Gramps' really pampering and spoiling our dear Axl..and Slash is gonna be reallll jelly lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

At least it's an Arena. They're going to sound so good in an Arena. I've seen the stage they've got set up, and they still have those huge speakers (whatever they are lol) on the side of the stage. Wow, they're going to be loud!!! 

Nice....the louder the better! Yeah! :headbang:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Also, since we're talking about fan fiction- @SerenityScorp !!! You!!! I continued (and finished) reading "Dear Izzy" because you told me to and now you owe me at least 5 bottles of water! I cried buckets. No scratch that, I cried entire oceans! I felt all dehydrated after reading that! The disturbingly graphic childhood flashbacks stopped, yes, but then it became horrible in an entirely different way! Omg :scared::scared::scared: The last chapter nearly killed me. The girl who wrote this is a seriously talented writer, but rarely has anything I've read ever left me so shaken.

:rofl-lol::rolleyes:

Her fics are good arent? I love angst Fic N' She is the best writer in the rockfic so far.

Still not reading the last chapter*Chpter10*, gonna read tht

if @killuridols read tht *I dunno if She likes fic or not* She probably will cry too :rolleyes:

Edited by SerenityScorp

9 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Wow, look at that jawline! Axl lookin super fit here...grandpa Angus gonna be mighty mighty impressed. :lol: And Axl, get rid of those freakin boots already!!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stella said:

Axl has been around others who are outside of TB's influence - Marc Canter, Izzy, Sebastian Bach, his siblings, Duff, etc. - all along though various points. Axl was working with Slash and Duff during some of TB's employment in the 90s before they bailed, and there was no "loss of control" there. And yes, while TB can no longer independently manage GnR, they never did have control over the catalogue, etc. That's always been jointly The Big Three, so TB has had to work with Slash and Duff (or their representatives) all along, too.

Saying that TB is abusing him is a real stretch, IMHO. We don't know anything of the sort.

And yes, I'm sure working for Axl HAS helped TB in ways they could have never dreamt of, but let's not forget that Fernando, etc. were not adults when this all started. They were kids, not adults who nefariously plotted this. They've spent many years growing up around Axl, they were NOT under an employment contract when they were kids, and for them, it probably IS like the "family business," just as kids in other families go to work at their parents' restaurant or store.

Are they paid? Sure. Do some employees become family, even if they're still employed? IMHO, yes.

What does Canter, Izzy, Baz and siblings have to do with anything? I dont get that part :shrugs:

TB gained real control after all original members and replacements from the 90s were gone. They thought building nuGNR would be a masterplan to replace the old band and that CD would override AFD and the Illusions :lol:

I didn't say TB are abusing him; that was my response to something you said like since they are his adopted family and were there when no one else was, they are entitled to do whatever the heck they want.

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Her fics are good arent? I love angst Fic N' She is the best writer in the rockfic so far.

if @killuridols read tht *I dunno if She likes fic or not* She probably will cry too :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you two are talking about :lol:

but here's something for you..... little dog.......

Who's that, huh?

Never seen this one before either...

And....

Have you ever made this association??

axl_erin_kids 02.jpg

with...

chal rojo.jpg

Axl's wearing Erin's jacket or is Erin wearing Axl's jacket??

:heart:

• Like 1

@killuridols I'm talking about "Dear Izzy" Fanfiction on Rockfic, angst story about Axl

Ive ever seen all the pics except the first one, Axtually the first I see tht pic isnt the Girl but Axl, is He not wear pants or what?! :wow:

Its probably Erin's jacket judging tht jacket looks small on Axl

Edited by SerenityScorp

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What does Canter, Izzy, Baz and siblings have to do with anything? I dont get that part :shrugs:

TB gained real control after all original members and replacements from the 90s were gone. They thought building nuGNR would be a masterplan to replace the old band and that CD would override AFD and the Illusions :lol:

I didn't say TB are abusing him; that was my response to something you said like since they are his adopted family and were there when no one else was, they are entitled to do whatever the heck they want.

What they have to do is that if TB wanted to keep Slash, Duff and the other originals away because their influence might slip - because those people might talk to Axl or get him to wake up or whatever - why wouldn't they be equally worried about what others on the "outside" might say? In addition they actually facilitated Izzy's involvement with NuGNR - one of the originals -  going as far as to pay him to play, behind Axl's back. They cooperated just fine when Duff was with NuGnR. Aside from that first incident where they tried to stop Duff at the hotel, there's never been a peep that they've tried to stop him from interacting or playing w/Axl.

I don't think TB had any such master plan; I think they simply were supporting what Axl wanted to do at that time. They never said that anything NuGNR did would blow AfD or UYI away. Axl did want to explore a different type of music than he was playing with GnR - and a different type than what Slash and Duff were playing with VR.

And I never said that TB were entitled to do whatever they wanted. Ever. I said that regardless of their motives, they're Axl's adopted family, and that's true.

• Like 1

@stella I dunno who but I dont think its TB tht pay Izzy to play, or am I wrong?

N' I dont think TB can N' have a right to stop Duff, cause even tho Duff quit the Band He is still a GN'R unlike TB a hired managers N' assistant. 

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

@stella I dunno who but I dont think its TB tht pay Izzy to play, or am I wrong?

N' I dont think TB can N' have a right to stop Duff, cause even tho Duff quit the Band He is still a GN'R unlike TB a hired managers N' assistant. 

Izzy and TB cut out the deal for the few shows, I guess they decided what songs he would play and how much he would get per show or per song.

Axl wasn't dependent on Izzy, so it din't make a difference to him if Izzy showed up or not, but Axl liked it when Izzy came for those few shows.

Duff is a different case, he is a sharp person and knows how to deal with people. 

5 hours ago, killuridols said:
8 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

I have no idea what you two are talking about :lol:

About a story on rockfic that I started reading, but then I stopped because it was so disturbing and :unsure::unsure: to me. But Serenity told me to continue reading. So I did and it became horrible and sad in a whole new way and that's why I basically cried oceans of tears. I'm sensitive and emotional when it comes to Axl, even about fictional Axl apparently :P:facepalm:

And yes, I've noticed that before about the jacket. I think he stole/borrowed that jacket from Erin because it's too small for him. Similar to how he stole/borrowed the leggings from his sister. I think it's kinda adorable how he used to wear the clothes of the women around him (and some of the guys in the band's clothes too) :heart:

12 hours ago, Frey said:

The very first comment under that article is

"Izzy and Brad Pitt are related: Izzy’s sixth-grandfather Henry Pendleton Isbell II/Jr. and Brad’s ancestor Benjamin Isbell were brothers. wow"

Make of that what you will, girls :lol:

Seriously though that's quite an interesting family tree Izzy's got there. I'm jealous his ancestors can be traced back so far.

That site has info for all the other guys as well. Quite interesting.

And I could have told you Izzy's mom was named Sonja. I remember seeing Izzy's parents referred to as Sonny and Dick somewhere. Somehow that stuck in my brain, probably because it reminded me of Sonny and Cher or something :lol:

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy  >  Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, George Clooney, [insert any other actor that is generally proclaimed as the epitome of attractiveness] as far as I'm concerned :awesomeface:

Also I had no idea Axl was so... German. I had noticed his mom's German maiden name of course, but poking around that site and the links, I notice he is German through and through on his mom's side.

Lintner, Rosenbrock, Zimmerman, Schaper, Pfingsten... all German surnames and a lot of these people were even born in Germany. And it's kind of funny how he has rose-related surnames on both sides of his family. "Rosenbrock" = "a marsh where roses grow". Also "Pfingsten" = "pentecost" :confused:

Axl, Duff and Izzy all basically are a mix of English/Irish and German (and a few other things).

(And these people in the comments on Slash's page being shocked that Slash is part black. What are they, blind?! :facepalm:)

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Izzy and TB cut out the deal for the few shows, I guess they decided what songs he would play and how much he would get per show or per song.

Axl wasn't dependent on Izzy, so it din't make a difference to him if Izzy showed up or not, but Axl liked it when Izzy came for those few shows.

Duff is a different case, he is a sharp person and knows how to deal with people. 

Seems Izzy didnt care tht much as long as He get the money

What Axl said about tht?

Edited by SerenityScorp

11 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

About a story on rockfic that I started reading, but then I stopped because it was so disturbing and :unsure::unsure: to me. But Serenity told me to continue reading. So I did and it became horrible and sad in a whole new way and that's why I basically cried ocenas of tears. I'm sensitive and emotional when it comes to Axl, even about fictional Axl apparently :P:facepalm:

And yes, I've noticed that before about the jacket. I think he stole/borrowed that jacket from Erin because it's too small for him. Similar to how he stole/borrowed the leggings from his sister. I think it's kinda adorable how he used to wear the clothes of the women around him (and some of the guys in the band's clothes too) :heart:

- Me too, N' tht story The Look in The Fox's Eye is really good too

-  Really?

About sharing clothes between Members-, What clothes tht They share back then

16 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Axl, Duff and Izzy all basically are a mix of English/Irish and German (and a few other things).

Who did you expect them to be? :D That's what most white Americans' ancestry is, just throw the French and Italian in.

15 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I put this in the AXL/DC forum, but in case some of you don't go in there... Looks like they got him a personalised mic stand :) 

image.jpeg

Grandpa Angus v.s Slash.

55 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Who did you expect them to be? :D That's what most white Americans' ancestry is, just throw the French and Italian in.

Duplicate post :p

Edited by stella

54 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Add in Dutch, Eastern European and Scandinavian, depending on when they came over and where in America they settled. :D There were lots of German settlers in the Midwest and Pennsylvania in the 1800s and 1900s, the New Sweden colony near Delaware and a lot of other Swedish and Norwegian immigrants in the 1800s and early 1900s. New York was New Amsterdam, of course, and there are still tons of Dutch street and place names there. And in the huge immigration boom of the early 1900s there were a ton of people from Eastern European countries and Russia.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stella said:

Add in Dutch, Eastern European and Scandinavian, depending on when they came over and where in America they settled. :D There were lots of German settlers in the Midwest and Pennsylvania in the 1800s and 1900s, the New Sweden colony near Delaware and a lot of other Swedish and Norwegian immigrants in the 1800s and early 1900s. New York was New Amsterdam, of course, and there are still tons of Dutch street and place names there. And in the huge immigration boom of the early 1900s there were a ton of people from Eastern European countries and Russia.

Those are pretty miniscule percentage-wise compared to the aforementioned ethnicities. The Eastern Europeans arrived so late that I have a hard time thinking of them as having taken roots, especially considering how many of them form diasporas and don't get lost in Americanness like the colonizers did. So, for a lot of them there isn't much of an 'American tracing down their heritage' thing going on. It's just 'growing up a descendant of Soviet immigrants', which would be a bit of a different narrative in the context of this conversation.

Edited by tiutso

22 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Those are pretty miniscule percentage-wise compared to the aforementioned ethnicities. The Eastern Europeans arrived so late that I have a hard time thinking of them as having taken roots, especially considering how many of them form diasporas and don't get lost in Americanness like the colonizers did. So, for a lot of them there isn't much of an 'American tracing down their heritage' thing going on. It's just 'growing up a descendant of Soviet immigrants', which would be a bit of a different narrative in the context of this conversation.

Not really. I'm from America and I do know my country's history here. They did certainly take down roots. I actually know this one because of all the ancestry geeks in my family. In the early 1900s, the stat was that 1/5 of people born in Sweden were living in America. In 1900's census, for instance, there were 1.6 million immigrants from Ireland and 1.1 from Scandinavia living in America. It was fairly close. In 1910 there were 1.3 million from Ireland and the same amount from Scandinavia. It was not a small group at all. There are huge swaths of Minnesota that were originally Scandinavian.

There have been Polish immigrants to America since the 1700s; a lot of Hungarians came over after the Hungarian Revolution in the 1800s, and there were two million immigrants from Hungary (although some were Romanian and from other Eastern European countries) in the 1800s/early 1900s immigration boom. It wasn't as much as Western Europe, but there were a fair number of people. I've actually got a Hungarian ancestor from 18 - something. There are a lot of people here who have one great-great grandmother who's Polish, Hungarian, Russian, etc. and they're totally assimilated. The ones you're talking of who form their own neighborhoods are generally those who came in after the fall of the Iron Curtain.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, stella said:

Not really. I'm from America and I do know my country's history here. They did certainly take down roots. I actually know this one because of all the ancestry geeks in my family. In the early 1900s, the stat was that 1/5 of people born in Sweden were living in America. In 1900's census, for instance, there were 1.6 million immigrants from Ireland and 1.1 from Scandinavia living in America. It was fairly close. In 1910 there were 1.3 million from Ireland and the same amount from Scandinavia. It was not a small group at all. There are huge swaths of Minnesota that were originally Scandinavian.

There have been Polish immigrants to America since the 1700s; a lot of Hungarians came over after the Hungarian Revolution in the 1800s, and there were two million immigrants from Hungary (although some were Romanian and from other Eastern European countries) in the 1800s/early 1900s immigration boom. It wasn't as much as Western Europe, but there were a fair number of people. I've actually got a Hungarian ancestor from 18 - something. There are a lot of people here who have one great-great grandmother who's Polish, Hungarian, Russian, etc. and they're totally assimilated. The ones you're talking of who form their own neighborhoods are generally those who came in after the fall of the Iron Curtain.

Hungary and Poland aren't really Eastern Europe. I'm not sure how Americans divide European countries when they talk about them but to us they're in that centre where they might not be with the West but they sure ain't with us either.

32 minutes ago, stella said:

Apparently, the UN has an official definition, so this is My Bad, but you'll never really hear anyone here speak of Hungarians or the Polish as Eastern Europeans 

Edited by tiutso

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

About a story on rockfic that I started reading, but then I stopped because it was so disturbing and :unsure::unsure: to me. But Serenity told me to continue reading. So I did and it became horrible and sad in a whole new way and that's why I basically cried oceans of tears. I'm sensitive and emotional when it comes to Axl, even about fictional Axl apparently :P:facepalm:

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy  >  Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, George Clooney, [insert any other actor that is generally proclaimed as the epitome of attractiveness] as far as I'm concerned :awesomeface:

Also I had no idea Axl was so... German. I had noticed his mom's German maiden name of course, but poking around that site and the links, I notice he is German through and through on his mom's side.

Lintner, Rosenbrock, Zimmerman, Schaper, Pfingsten... all German surnames and a lot of these people were even born in Germany. And it's kind of funny how he has rose-related surnames on both sides of his family. "Rosenbrock" = "a marsh where roses grow". Also "Pfingsten" = "pentecost" :confused:

(And these people in the comments on Slash's page being shocked that Slash is part black. What are they, blind?! :facepalm:)

Something is wrong about these family trees linked on Axl's site though. They don't match up with data from findagrave.com (in particular that Earl Lintner guy).

Other things not matching up: The middle name of Axl's mom. Wasn't she listed as Sharon Lee Lintner in the yearbook picture that dalsh posted?

Yet all genealogy related sites list her as Sharon E. Linter, "E." being short for Elizabeth apparently. And this is definitely correct because it even says so on her grave. (Couldn't help but notice the engraved roses on the grave there. Wonder if Axl had anything to do with that?)

So what do we have here? An error in the yearbook or is the person dalsh posted not actually Axl's mom after all? But then again, how many Sharon Lintners could there have been in that particular high school during that particular time?

I also noticed that Axl's stepfather is apparently younger than his mother. Kind of surprising, I always pictured him as an older guy taking advantage of a young woman in a vulnerable position. Most of these patriarchal religious whackjobs seem to follow that model. But it makes more sense then that he's still alive.

Also, Axl's grandma apparently lived to be 96. So maybe he's got quite a few more years left as well. She looks like a nice lady. She was the only person in Axl's family Slash liked, right?

31 minutes ago, stella said:

Not really. I'm from America and I do know my country's history here. They did certainly take down roots. I actually know this one because of all the ancestry geeks in my family. In the early 1900s, the stat was that 1/5 of people born in Sweden were living in America. In 1900, for instance, there were 1.6 million immigrants from Ireland and 1.1 from Scandinavia. It was fairly close. In 1910 there were 1.3 million from Ireland and the same amount from Scandinavia. It was not a small group at all. There are huge swaths of Minnesota that were originally Scandinavian.

Exactly.

Edited by Frey

8 minutes ago, Frey said:

She was the only person in Axl's family Slash liked, right?

how do You know?

2 hours ago, tiutso said:

Nope, like @stella said, there would have been a good chance for them to have Scandinavian ancestry for example (most likely Norwegian or Swedish). Or Polish and other Easter European countries, French, Italian, Dutch...

49 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Apparently, the UN has an official definition, so this is My Bad, but you'll never hear anyone here speak of Hungarians or the Polish as Eastern Europeans :rofl-lol:

Girl, Poland and Hungary are definitely considered Eastern Europe by everyone where I live :P I can see how that would seem strange from a Russian perspective, but here in central Europe (and also in western and north Europe)? Everything that is east of Germany and Austria (so basically everything that was beyond the iron curtain) is thought of as Eastern Europe.

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

-  Really?

About sharing clothes between Members-, What clothes tht They share back then

Yeah those rose printed leggings he used to have belonged to Amy apparently. I think I read about it in this thread actually.

There have been some examples of the guys sharing clothes posted in this thread as well. The gold glitter shirt Axl wears in the construction site photoshoot is Izzy's for example. There's also a black lace blouse both Izzy and Slash used to wear. And a red and blue kilt that Duff and Axl used to wear in the mid 80s. Also some hats.

44 minutes ago, Frey said:

Something is wrong about these family trees linked on Axl's site though. They don't match up with data from findagrave.com (in particular that Earl Lintner guy).

Other things not matching up: The middle name of Axl's mom. Wasn't she listed as Sharon Lee Lintner in the yearbook picture that dalsh posted?

Yet all genealogy related sites list her as Sharon E. Linter, "E." being short for Elizabeth apparently. And this is definitely correct because it even says so on her grave. (Couldn't help but notice the engraved roses on the grave there. Wonder if Axl had anything to do with that?)

So what do we have here? An error in the yearbook or is the person dalsh posted not actually Axl's mom after all? But then again, how many Sharon Lintners could there have been in that particular high school during that particular time?

I also noticed that Axl's stepfather is apparently younger than his mother. Kind of surprising, I always pictured him as an older guy taking advantage of a young woman in a vulnerable position. Most of these patriarchal religious whackjobs seem to follow that model. But it makes more sense then that he's still alive.

Also, Axl's grandma apparently lived to be 96. So maybe he's got quite a few more years left as well. She looks like a nice lady. She was the only person in Axl's family Slash liked, right?

Omg, why does all of this have to be so confusing lol. I'm already confused by the issues popping up whenever I try to research my own ancestry, let alone other people's. The thing with the yearbook could be a simple error though. Someone might just have misheard "E" as "Lee".

I always pictured Axl's step father as older as well. Weird to think he was 2 and a half years younger than his mom.

Because that means the guy was around 18 or 19 when he became Axl's step father.

The whole situation is more like these trashy TV shows about teenagers becoming parents than what I pictured in my head. (And I know people used to have kids earlier back then, but 16 year old mom and 18/19 year old step father is still a bit :unsure:.)

But I figured something out I remember wondering about:

Axl once said that if his and Erin's baby had been a girl, they would have named her Willow Amelia. And he said Amelia was after his grandmother. Since I only ever saw Axl's grandmother referred to as Anna, I wondered what grandmother he was talking about. But since his grandmother's full name is Anna Amelia, that makes sense now. Could have figured that out myself :rolleyes:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3