GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I was wrong about those boots, it's the usual death trap ones. Got nothing nice to say about them things. 

Not too shabby looking over all last night :) 

Yeah, I hate the boots but at least he doesn't run that much with ACDC. On the other hand I'd love to see the fans' reaction if he did his Mr.Brownstone moves :rofl-lol:

I must admit that as much as I love GNR, I really missed the AXLDC thing. I wish both of the projects could continue. Hope Axl will be ok once his ACDC job is over, it is always hard when something you love comes to an end. I can't stop watching how happy he looks with both bands this year, it makes my cold Czech heart happy :heart:

Funny thing. I've read a bit of the acdc forum and it seems to me that the rest of the band was more criticized than Axl last night :rofl-lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, giuls said:

You know how Axl is always good on My Michelle and does amazing screams? He is great in the higher register and ACDC's songs are high and they don't change, GNR songs have more "variety" in their range ans there are change in the songs itself, i don't think is a rehearsal problem, AC/DC didn't rehearse that much, they flubbed Live Wire and the problem wasn't Axl, it may be that he push himself more but there are difference between ACDC and GNR, AC/DC songs suits his voice better now imo :lol:

Yes, this has been my opinion as well and I have supported it on threads where there was a debate about Axl's voice, for example:

On 19/08/2016 at 11:30 PM, Blackstar said:

I'm in the minority that doesn't consider the raspless versions of November Rain and Estranged bad; raspless doesn't necessarily equal to "mickey-ish". It's just another way to sing these songs. Axl could have originally chosen to sing NR with clean voice back in the day (or like LALD or Patience for example), but he chose to sing it with rasp. As for the second part of Estranged, this worn out voice somehow fits the song and its lyrics, taking into consideration that it's a 54 year old person singing "for all the changing seasons of my life" now and not a 30 year old. That said, last night's Estranged wasn't the best of the tour imo. On the other hand, songs like PC don't sound good without rasp.

I also think that Axl did equally well with the AC/DC Bon Scott material (if not better) as with the Brian Johnson songs. And I don't agree at all with the "Axl puts more rasp (or effort in general)with AC/DC than with GnR" theory. For example:

- AC/DC: Back in black, Thunderstruck, Hell's Bells --> full rasp, GnR: Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, Jungle --> full rasp

- AC/DC: High Voltage, You Shook Me All Night Long, Dirty Deeds --> mix of clean and rasp, GnR: Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine --> same. The impression that Axl sounded better on this type of AC/DC songs than on the GnR ones comes from the simple fact that there's not an old recording or live performance of him on AC/DC songs (with the exception of Rosie) to compare.

Then there are other GnR songs, like Yesterdays and the ballads, which are of a completely different style than any AC/DC song and there can't be any comparison.

But I don't know, maybe it was just the impression I got or my enthusiasm while I was watching the streams that puzzled me :unsure: Still, I think he sounded very good with GnR.

13 hours ago, Frey said:

Yeah, I think it is. findagrave.com is a pretty reliable source usually. There's also another picture there saying it's the Tippecanoe county cemetery. Which is where they used to throw Axl into jail all the time if I remember correctly lol. Tippecanoe county jail rings a bell in connection with Axl at least.

And I know he is younger because it says so on the grave. :lol:  L. Stephen Bailey, born Nov 7 1947. No date of death yet because the guy is still alive, just like the girl who stalks Amy on facebook said. Axl's mom was born in March 1945, making her the older one of the two.

The rest of the data at a findagrave.com also tells us that

- Axl's mom was 16 (nearly 17) when she had Axl

- Axl's mom married his biological father shortly before Axl was born (December 1961). Maybe she was forced to marry him so the child wouldn't be born a "bastard".

- Axl's mom married his stepfather in January 1966.

Which means that Axl was 3 years old (nearly 4) when that guy came into his life (though he was probably around before that already).

Also means that Axl's stepfather had only just turned 18 (!) when he married Axl's mom, who was 20 at the time (soon to be 21 in March).

So you've got a young woman on her second marriage already, a most likely difficult/traumatized toddler and an 18 year old step father with religious delusions. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

149891839_1438063834.jpg

I had visited findagrave.com a while ago when we were discussing about Axl's parents, but I think there wasn't a close up picture or maybe I hadn't noticed it. Btw, I find it a little creepy that there are websites like this (and far-fetched, to say the least, that police in America put people's mugshots on plain view on the internet; not just celebrities', but all average Joes' mugshots) .

Probably Stephen Bailey's family of religious fanatics made him marry a "repented sinner woman" as a good christian deed.

And yes, it was Tippecanoe county jail Axl was thrown in:

Tippecanoe County Court records indicate that Axl spent a total of ten days in county jail as an adult over a period from July 1980 through September 1982, on charges of battery, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, public intoxication, criminal trespass, and mischief.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=7

I remember Axl saying that he had spent another three months in jail when he was underage (I suppose it was in a juvenile jail). I read in Stephen Davis's book that it happened because Axl's parents had refused to pay his fines from previous sentences. I don't know what Davis's source is because he doesn't cite his sources (he has only a catalog at the end of the book), but if it's true, it was very cruel :facepalm:

Related to this, I was reserved about the "habitual criminal" thing Axl had said. I know that in some American states the laws are very harsh and for example the system allows even 12-year-olds to be tried as adults in some occasions, but I couldn't believe that a juvenile kid could face a long time prison sentence because of a few arrests for misdemeanors like drinking in public and trespassing. After a quick search, I found that there are indeed such laws. :wow:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

We need Axl, Slash, Duff on this thread :ph34r:

Feel free to invite them :popcorn:

24 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Thats @Andy14 on the left and @Lumikki on the right

Nope. Not in your wildest dreams. First of all, I'm not blond. And what is more important, Axl would be happy in my presence :max:

:rofl-lol:

53 minutes ago, tiutso said:

She would just fucking shut it down.

We would end up shot down in flames.

Btw. Here's what acdc fans said:

1) about the last gig:

The band sound great and Axl's a freaking beast, immense....

For some reason, that Damnation version gave me chills... very "Bonesque" voice by Axl, and the riff was almost as tight as in the good ol' times with Mal and Phil. Really loved it, despite the little mistake at the end of the chorus.

Holy shit. This is a fucking awesome show so far! RnR Damnation, IYWB and now Live Wire!!

I have to say it, Slade kills SDiF. I don't mean that in the good way.

2) about Live Wire being played:

I do think Axl sounds alright on this one. Everyone else, maybe not so much.

This fuckin' killed, Axl sounded great, way better than on TTM. And yes, it wipes it's ass with '82 version. Brian hardly knew the words back then and was unsuited to the song anyway. Angus needs to relearn the solo though, it was way off.

Axl, Cliff, and Stevie were the only 3 who did their homework on this one. I don't know about the other 2.

3) about Slade being the new Frank:

Once again Slade makes them sound like some shitty pub band rehearsing in a garage. Poorly

Yay, another song ruined by Chris Slade. It makes me hate the band even more when they pull out a "new" song.

4) about basically the same issue we argue here:

I'm done. This site is just too full of cynical cunts who don't really deserve this band any more.

Hell even if Bon were to return from the dead they'd still complain about it not being Brian because quite frankly they are BIB fanboys who probably wouldn't be fans had Bon survived that night. I respect their opinion but many on here take it too far. Every time I see a stupid rant about how much they hate Slade it really pisses me off. He's a good drummer, he does the best he can considering the circumstances yet just because he's not Phil they get pissed.

5) about being paranoid the way we are

Is it a coincidence that the house band decides to post Live Wire and within a week AC/DC are playing it?

LMAO!!!!!! We are being watched!!!!

6) about Axl's wardrobe

Hmm....Brian is not the only one that sports cowboyboots apparently. Axl could still loose a few pounds as well. The crowd is not exactly River Plate certified is it?

They probably have one truck extra now; for Axl's wardrobe,

How extravagant, considering Brians entire wardrobe consisted of 1 pair of black jeans & t-shirt :)

and as @Rock Hopper said that there are still people who can't accept Brian as their new singer....I've noticed a certain pattern...it starts with "Axl's doing great"...continues with "It's no ACDC without Brian"...and ends with "We can also say that it's no ACDC without Bon, Brian's not the original singer"

here's an example: 1)  I will simply say they put on a better show than on Black Ice tour. Any one I talked to felt the same. Heard nobody say they missed Brian. Axl kicked ass. Angus is an amazing performer. Tired of all the nitpicking. Why go to listen to each chord or beat just to complain later.

2)  If you don't miss Brian Johnson at an AC/DC concert your opinion doesn't matter to anyone.

3)  The same holds true for Bon Scott I gather? Considering the amount of bonafide classics they produced with him?

:rofl-lol:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Andy14 I love reading AC/DC fans net, they're hilarious, even the grumpy ones :lol:

It makes me laugh how they use flight tracker to see if the private jet is near the airport. And then they follow them everywhere and know exactly where to find them. 

Well should We do that when GN'R Tour? :ph34r:

11 hours ago, superfrut said:

just found these basically back to back on instagram... hmm... 

Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 8.34.49 PM.png

What kind of comparison is this? :question:

Pictures don't match at all :lol:

4 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Exactly. There was something about him last night that made me wanna lock @killuridols in a cupboard and eat him by myself :smiley-confused2:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I'll eat the cupboard and scape and I'll eat you too! :bitchfight:

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Beta is arguing with AC/DC fans now. :facepalm:

image.png

:facepalm:

where is that discussion going on?

39 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Btw. Here's what acdc fans said:

6) about Axl's wardrobe

Hmm....Brian is not the only one that sports cowboyboots apparently. Axl could still loose a few pounds as well. The crowd is not exactly River Plate certified is it?

What does that mean? "the crowd is not exactly River Plate certified"?

:confused:

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Andy14 I love reading AC/DC fans net, they're hilarious, even the grumpy ones :lol:

It makes me laugh how they use flight tracker to see if the private jet is near the airport. And then they follow them everywhere and know exactly where to find them. 

damn I should learn that system! :wow:

Can you bring someone from that forum to teach me? :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1