GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

14 minutes ago, giuls said:

@Frey i don't know if it's her but in his books he reapeted in his books that he liked big tits ad nauseam so he totally like them curvy

I just googled and that is indeed the woman Perla attacked.

Apparently she came to one of Slash's shows, Perla saw her, and then kicked her in the stomach.

Slash supposedly had an online affair (lol) or something like that with that chick.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Frey said:

Slash supposedly had an online affair (lol) or something like that with that chick.

So Slash can take out the time to have an online affair, but he cannot reply on this amazing thread? 

• Like 2

I didn't know much about Beta and TB before reading and posting on these boards. I can't believe what she's doing. This kind of "protection" is the last thing Axl needs; it's really embarrassing. And they have been doing this all these years... :angry:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Beta's on a roll. I nearly wish she would come here again. I'm sad I missed out on her losing her shit over here.

Also saw this in the Slash's house thread. So this is the chick that Perla attacked? :D

I always wondered about that incident. Looks like Slash like 'em curvy (because I have no doubt Slash did something with her that pissed Perla off. Otherwise Perla wouldn't have reacted so violently when she saw her and Slash has a history of cheating on his women.)

tumblr_leamakL7mZ1qdf1qno1_500.jpg

Yay Slash! Glad he's open-minded enough to accept more than size 0 chicks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I didn't know much about Beta and TB before reading and posting on these boards. I can't believe what she's doing. This kind of "protection" is the last thing Axl needs; it's really embarrassing. And they have been doing this all these years... :angry:

I have defended other things that TB has done, but I can't defend this one. I actually get that those comments would make someone mad, and it's always really tempting to answer...but this always backfires in a major way.

As for modding out the negative comments, though, I guess one would have to go back and look at AC/DC's social media before Axl to see how that was handled. A lot of pages take a very heavy hand toward moderating out nasty comments now, whether that's to cut down on possible online harassment or abuse or stop flame wars. If you've ever moderated a Facebook business page, you can actually create a banned work list and stop people from commenting with those words. Given the amount of online harassment some people face, I can't condemn that (anyone who doubts this, Google Leslie Jones and see what she's dealing with right now).

I don't think GnR's own social media or individual pages are modded that way, so that particular thing could have nothing to do with Beta/TB. They might have modded out the comments to keep things from escalating further.

Edited by stella

9 minutes ago, stella said:

Yay Slash! Glad he's open-minded enough to accept more than size 0 chicks!

That's a very positive way to look at the whole incident :lol:

But yeah, he seems to be the opposite of Axl when it comes to that. Who was that chick again that said Axl told her not to bring her friend because she was too fat? :rolleyes:

Actually the original lyrics of PC should have told us that already. "Where the girls are fat and got big titties"? Wasn't Slash responsible for that? If that's his idea of paradise city, then well :D

2 minutes ago, stella said:

I have defended other things that TB has done, but I can't defend this one. I actually get that those comments would make someone mad, and it's always really tempting to answer...but this always backfires in a major way.

I don't know, I'm actually not that shocked. I mean it's lame and unprofessional and cringeworthy, but hasn't she done much worse in the past?

Unfortunately I wasn't there to witness any of it, but from what I've read here and in other places, she's attacked fans on social media before (we owe the "Complaints, complaints, complaints!" forum joke to her for example), she has posted and insulted people here on this forum, she has sent nasty messages to mods, she's responsible for the censorship at HTGTH and apparently does the same with ACDC's social media now.

I remember she even insulted and got mad at people who weren't even attacking her or saying anything bad because her grasp of the English language is a bit tenuous and she completely misunderstood what they were saying :facepalm:

34 minutes ago, stella said:

There will always be comments like these. It's unavoidable. Right now they are a small percentage on either GnR or AC/DC related social media. (And as far AC/DC goes, it's understandable that the fans miss their singer and they don't want to see someone else; I would feel the same in their place). But even when nasty and mean comments are the majority, like in the past, these tactics make things worse. Without getting into what has being discussed here about stuff they did all these years and if they were helpful to Axl, in plain management terms the handling is amateurish, to say the least.

18 minutes ago, Frey said:

But yeah, he seems to be the opposite of Axl when it comes to that. Who was that chick again that said Axl told her not to bring her friend because she was too fat? :rolleyes:

Actually the original lyrics of PC should have told us that already. "Where the girls are fat and got big titties"? Wasn't Slash responsible for that? If that's his idea of paradise city, then well :D

I would add that Slash is much more into Bon Scott's spirit (Whole Lotta Rosie) than Axl :lol:

Edited by Blackstar

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There will always be comments like these. It's unavoidable. Right now they are a small percentage on either GnR or AC/DC related social media. (And as far AC/DC goes, it's understandable that the fans miss their singer; I would feel the same in their place). But even when nasty and mean comments are the majority, like in the past, these tactics make things worse. Without getting into what has being discussed here about stuff they did all these years and if they were helpful to Axl, in plain management terms the handling is amateurish, to say the least.

That I would agree with. Managers usually caution people NOT to engage with fans in this way on social media, they don't do it themselves...

And yeah, haters gonna hate, no matter who or what the subject is. Having said that I don't blame pages or websites which have very heavy moderation or have turned off comments altogether.

21 minutes ago, Frey said:

I don't know, I'm actually not that shocked. I mean it's lame and unprofessional and cringeworthy, but hasn't she done much worse in the past?

Unfortunately I wasn't there to witness any of it, but from what I've read here and in other places, she's attacked fans on social media before (we owe the "Complaints, complaints, complaints!" forum joke to her for example), she has posted and insulted people here on this forum, she has sent nasty messages to mods, she's responsible for the censorship at HTGTH and apparently does the same with ACDC's social media now.

I remember she even insulted and got mad at people who weren't even attacking her or saying anything bad because her grasp of the English language is a bit tenuous and she completely misunderstood what they were saying :facepalm:

You know, when you said it, I think I remember hearing that about the "Paradise City" lyrics, and that Slash actually shouted them out over Axl at at least one show. :D

As for Axl not wanting someone there because she was too fat...*facepalm* That's pretty awful.

I actually didn't know that there was this kind of conflict with TB on social media, to be honest. I didn't post or read here very much before the MyGNR management change, and the only comment I remember seeing from Beta was a positive one (someone had caught Axl's Paradise City microphone and security had taken it away from him...and Beta had said something along the lines that the mic was for the audience members and security wasn't supposed to take it away. IIRC the poster actually was sent a new mic signed by Axl). That's uncool if there's been that sort of arguing happening.

6 minutes ago, ACDC8 said:

Ok, a bit off-topic the current Alpha (ha!) discussion and I usually never post anything here (this is my 3rd post I think) BUT CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL AXL:

1. Stop whitening your teeth. Yes, health teeth and gums are great but they're starting too look just way too artificial. You're don't need that.

2. Mike Amiri is rocking on his collections but you don't need to follow every-single-advise/suggestion he gives to you: tightening a plaid shirt (or any shirt) on your waist and leaving your t-shirt on the top just makes your waist to look larger - just give a break to those shirts or wear/tight them as you used to do before (you knew how to do it way before anyone else here, including Mike). 

3. We love the idea of you letting your hair to grow again but we will love you the same way even if you decide to go bald. Please get a Brazilian Blow-Dry or whatever is trendy to calm down the frizzy hair. There are a lot of great products out there - you have so many models around you that should know it better, but apparently (and sorry for the honestly) they either don't really care about you and only say whatever you will like to hear. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 5.21.00 PM.png

We care about you, Axl. Like, really-really-really care - and you don't have to pay a penny for us to care about you (oops, sorry TB). So if anyone says anything... and you want someone who wants the best for you... listen to some of your real fans.

4. Stop wearing the horrible boots and wear the sneakers again. Fashion aside, it's all about your health and safety. Don't forget what you were wearing when you broke your foot in Troubadour and what has caused many of your falls on stage in the past. We know how much you love running and dancing, so you should wear a good pair of shoes that let you do all of these activities without any limitation.

5. Keep it simple. No excessive shirts, jackets, hats, accessory. You are not a clothes hanger. 

Footnote:

I can imagine if we ever met Axl we would definitely wanna talk about his music, his hobbies, his life, his look, his plans. We would talk to him like someone who cares and who wants the best for him. We would probably bring out topics he wouldn't want to talk about. This is something that can never happen with all those models who have no idea who he is. Maybe that's one of the reasons he spends his time with them rather than with  the real fans :smiley-confused2:

• Like 2

Actually, I'd tell Axl the same thing I'd tell anyone else: that nobody else has a right to tell them what they should or shouldn't wear, how to do their hair or anything else.

Do what makes YOU feel good. Wear the clothes that feel comfortable to you, regardless of what anyone else thinks about them. Do what you want with your own hair and teeth - grow your hair out, look like Richard Simmons, bring back the cornrows, bring back the 80s style, shave your head, whatever the fuck YOU want. Wear as much or as little makeup as YOU like. Dress and look however you fucking want. It's your body and your life. If you want to change something, talk to the people YOU want to talk to about it. The boots do scare some of us, because we don't want you to fall again, but it's still your choice.

Fuck whatever anyone else will say about what you *should* do with your appearance, whether they're fans or not. 

Edited by stella

17 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

@Frey Who's Madison? 

:popcorn:

She used to be a mod here. And a very unpopular one because she banned tons of people and shit. Then she managed to get Axl and TB mad at her with the bullshit stories she spread around (about Slash shirts being forbidden at concerts) and got fired. Or something like that at least, from what I understand. I wasn't there to witness any of that.

Madison is also the chick that Axl's famous rant here on mygnr was directed at. You know, the "angry lesbian wannabe high school parking lot rent-a-cop" one.

Edited by Frey

2 minutes ago, Frey said:

She used to be a mod here. And a very unpopular one because she banned tons of people and shit. Then she managed to get Axl and TB mad at her with the bullshit stories she spread (about Slash shirts being forbidden at concerts) and got fired. Or something like that from what I understand. I wasn't there to witness any of that.

Madison is the chick that Axl's famous rant here on mygnr was directed at. You know, the "angry lesbian wannabe high school parking lot rent-a-cop" one.

I need to do some research and learn all about that drama.

Thanks!

Thanks for posting all of that Frey!  I had heard of this Madison character and her exchanges with Axl but did not know Beta was involved. Of course not at all surprised about that. As far as her blocking stuff, I'm sure she does a a lot of that which is sad cause he has a right to see ALL good and bad. 

6 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Thanks for posting all of that Frey!  I had heard of this Madison character and her exchanges with Axl but did not know Beta was involved. Of course not at all surprised about that. As far as her blocking stuff, I'm sure she does a a lot of that which is sad cause he has a right to see ALL good and bad. 

After Axl posted his angry little rant and people started attacking him, he basically left and let his mommy deal with the fall-out. And he hasn't been back since.

24 minutes ago, Frey said:

She used to be a mod here. And a very unpopular one because she banned tons of people and shit. Then she managed to get Axl and TB mad at her with the bullshit stories she spread around (about Slash shirts being forbidden at concerts) and got fired. Or something like that at least, from what I understand. I wasn't there to witness any of that.

Madison is also the chick that Axl's famous rant here on mygnr was directed at. You know, the "angry lesbian wannabe high school parking lot rent-a-cop" one.

Yes, and she had a way of trying to impose her values (which were very conservative) on others and slamming those who disagreed with her in very unkind ways. I did not agree with some of what Axl said to her in his rant - using 'lesbian' as a slur - but quite honestly I was kind of glad someone told her off and that she was relieved of her mod duties. I actually never tangled with her personally, but the way she acted and went after people was honestly one of the reasons I found this site unappealing until the changeover.

To be honest, I don't have a problem in the least with what Beta said in this particular PM. She was telling M that the accusation was so serious that they were getting media calls about it - and for any manager, getting calls from TMZ over some bullshit story that someone posted online is a pain in the ass at the very least. And M's response was the same BS she spouted here a lot- that she was always right, no matter what anyone else said.

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/FreyGNR/media/beta/EZ2M902_zpsywnttwu1.jpg.html.

The second one? Yikes.

49 minutes ago, Frey said:

Madison was here earlier this year, made several posts at the height of the threeunion announcement. And then, she was gone. Just like that. POOF.

• Like 1