GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

38 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Where can I apply for that job?

Just send him one of your china exchange gifs as a resume :P

15 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Looks like altnation have picked up on the Beta story, if the ACDC fans didn't know who she was, they will now.

Well this should be interesting...

7 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Well this should be interesting...

If this means beta gets fired thn Im okay with tht (Am I being rude? I just want them to stay away from Axl N' His life N' His money:ph34r:)

Edited by SerenityScorp

34 minutes ago, nn18 said:

Doesn't have to mean he gave him his T-shirt, we just assumed that. They just might have the same (which is not less cute at all, wearing matching clothes and all :wub:)

The shirt he shows at one of the concerts to Slash (and Frank before that) is the same T-shirt Slash was wearing in one of Meegan's snapchat (or was it periscope) videos (someone help me find it, pleaseee, I'm lost in these 284 pages)

Oh, thanks! I must have missed it. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with all the posts here lol.

6 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Haha. I said "I wanna apply for a job" not "I wanna be banned from all of Axl's shows for the rest of my life" :rofl-lol:

Acdc forum news: We have Axl's hats, they have Angus's tie 

His uniform at the Greensboro show looks super cool, but the length of his tie is now becoming ridiculous. Almost down to his knees!

:popcorn:

42 minutes ago, giuls said:

Axl is pratically holding Slash he's standing so close and, again, in the last Slaxl photo Axl is

yZe7Aao.gif

slaxl5.jpg

The way Angus is looking at his boy... :wub:

gre44.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

If this means beta gets fired tht Im okay with tht (Am I being rude? I just want them to stay away from Axl N' His life N' His money:ph34r:)

Again, I think Axl is more than capable of making those decisions if that is what he wants. If he actually thinks they need replaced as management now that he has other interests at stake I think he would do it.. but I also think we need to respect his decisions on who he wants surrounding him when he is lonely, tired, sad, happy, sick, etc. Who are we to say who that should be?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Acdc forum news: We have Axl's hats, they have Angus's tie 

His uniform at the Greensboro show looks super cool, but the length of his tie is now becoming ridiculous. Almost down to his knees!

The length of his tie?? Well that kind of nitpicking is way worse than us of course!

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

Looks like altnation have picked up on the Beta story, if the ACDC fans didn't know who she was, they will now.

Great. This looks so unprofessional and immature. I hope it doesn't blow up online (like the petition to have the "Fat Axl" pics removed)... These things just make Axl look lame.

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-manager-calls-acdc-fans-selfish-for-hating-axl-rose/

3 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Hey @killuridols what are you talking about? I don't see that you need to apologize to me. No worries here.

I thought you felt offended as well. You dont remember now? lol

3 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

But I think you are blurring the lines here. For someone who said the only reason for @stella (or anyone else including myself I presume) to defend TB is bc they must know them personally..I think you are the one taking things too personally. Just because TB makes an ill-conceived move as management (and I personally don't think Axl will be too pleased about the beta comments)..doesn't mean that "omg those comments are proof!" that TB has ill intentions toward him, or are bad for him to have in his life in general. The two things are separate, do you see? Those comments show that she is acting like a mother hen again, and perhaps that Axl does need to look into hiring a social media manager..

I barely remember your posts so don't presume anything because I was talking to @stella only and not anyone else, but you're mixing up things and now I have to go back to this topic that I thought it was over.

Let's see... when I asked her if she knows them personally it was more of a rethorical question, derived from a previous post from her →

... where she got weird with another user here, because that person posted a LIST of suggestions for Axl to change, regarding his outfits and hair. The core of her response was basically "why should anyone tell anything to Axl if they don't know him personally?" and I decided to apply a little Socratic method here by going like "do you know TB to a personal level where you have all the elements to defend what they do without burning yourself?".

My point was that either we talk about Axl's hair or Axl's management, none of us know them personally (or that's what I'd assume). The girl giving Axl "unsolicited advice" about his clothes & hair because she doesn't know him personally is the same as the girl defending TB's actions as if she knew them personally and could put her hands on fire about their honesty. This is just a discussion board where we discuss stuff we read online, as far as I know. If any of you know anyone from the band personally, now that's something I'm not aware of.

Also, I didn't say the comments are proof of them having ill intentions toward Axl; they are proof of their lack of professionalism when it comes to handling communications and handling fans in general. The AC/DC fans just got a taste of what is like to be a GNR fan and having TB calling you names or trying to censor you. Then, there's this other screenshot that @Frey posted, where you can see the way they talked to Madison and how they even confessed to have blocked things from Axl. Now tell me... do you think that blocking information or whatever from an adult person like Axl can be considered a good action toward his well being?

This is not about ONE little thing that happened once and never again. This kind of censorship, mistreatment and unprofessional actions from a manager have been accumulating for years. Unless you are a new fan or not much involved with the "gossip" surrounding the band, everybody here could make a compilation of all the times TB screwed up like this.

For me, that rings a bell, alarms and red code. Maybe it's not the same for you. People are different and read into things in different ways but from what I've read in the last pages (and the other thread at main section where it was posted), the majority here seem to count it as one more drop in the glass of water that is about to overflow.

Yes, my mistake to take it too personal. I have reasons for that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Again, I think Axl is more than capable of making those decisions if that is what he wants. If he actually thinks they need replaced as management now that he has other interests at stake I think he would do it.. but I also think we need to respect his decisions on who he wants surrounding him when he is lonely, tired, sad, happy, sick, etc. Who are we to say who that should be?

This, exactly.

18 hours ago, Frey said:

She used to be a mod here. And a very unpopular one because she banned tons of people and shit. Then she managed to get Axl and TB mad at her with the bullshit stories she spread around (about Slash shirts being forbidden at concerts) and got fired. Or something like that at least, from what I understand. I wasn't there to witness any of that.

Madison is also the chick that Axl's famous rant here on mygnr was directed at. You know, the "angry lesbian wannabe high school parking lot rent-a-cop" one.

To be fair, she wasn't deliberately spreading bullshit stories. She was just reporting what she was told by several concert goers as well as by a security guard. I have no overall opinion on her, but in that particular instance she did nothing wrong as far as I can tell. Axl was shooting the messenger.

28 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Most people do not want Axl to get rid of TB. In fact the ones who are complaining about their style of management have said, on more than one occasion that would be devastating for the guy. I've seen killuridols say that more than once. Nobody wants him to lose people he loves. But they shouldn't be managing guns n roses, they are obviously clueless and so unprofessional.

The way they have taken over that aspect of Axls life is what is suspicious to people. And when they admit to censoring what he reads on the Internet and god knows what else, well it just looks plain bad.

They don't live with him, Fernando lives in NY, Vanessa equally as far away and Beta has her own house. So they don't live with him at all. They all seem to have their own extravagant lives, whilst Axl remains alone, until it's time to tour. You can't blame some people for being cynical sometimes.

I don't think Anyone on this thread wants to be at war with other readers of it. We all have different opinions 

I think Beta still lives in L.A. I don't know about Vanessa. Now if Beta lives in L.A. she can go to Axl's house everyday. Anyway the problem with TB is that they are not quilified to be GN'R managers. And what Beta did is more than enough evidence of that. Just because they are capable to handle contracts and bills (assuming they do that) that doesn't make them good managers.

What I'm worried about is this family eventually fucking up the reunion with some idiotic behavior

1 minute ago, Padme said:

I think Beta still lives in L.A. I don't know about Vanessa. Now if Beta lives in L.A. she can go to Axl's house everyday. Anyway the problem with TB is that they are not quilified to be GN'R managers. And what Beta did is more than enough evidence of that. Just because they are capable to handle contracts and bills (assuming they do that) that doesn't make them good managers.

What I'm worried about is this family eventually fucking up the reunion with some idiotic behavior

In terms of GNR, it's been mentioned that Slash and Duff each have their own management teams too, and it seems as though there is now a three-way partnership (which makes sense; that was always the case w/their catalogue, etc.) and business decisions are being made by consensus among the three. It probably is a good way to ensure that no one manager takes the wheel and does something for GnR as a whole that the other two don't like.

10 minutes ago, stella said:

In terms of GNR, it's been mentioned that Slash and Duff each have their own management teams too, and it seems as though there is now a three-way partnership (which makes sense; that was always the case w/their catalogue, etc.) and business decisions are being made by consensus among the three. It probably is a good way to ensure that no one manager takes the wheel and does something for GnR as a whole that the other two don't like.

It seems to me Beta didn't have any consensus with AC/DC manager about posting in social media to bash fans and make a fool of herself. Axl is a hired guy when it comes to AC/DC. I don't want to imagine what she might do when it comes to GN'R 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They don't live with him, Fernando lives in NY, Vanessa equally as far away and Beta has her own house. So they don't live with him at all. They all seem to have their own extravagant lives, whilst Axl remains alone, until it's time to tour. You can't blame some people for being cynical sometimes.

I don't think Anyone on this thread wants to be at war with other readers of it. We all have different opinions 

Beta lives with Axl, I have no doubt of that, because of the pics and all the things she published on instagram, I deduce they are living together. Fernando and Vanessa are living in different houses with their families.

29 minutes ago, stella said:

Beta is the manager of GNR (with her family) . It is clear for what  happened all this years that the control of the band continues in Axl´s hands (and these people management). Of course , now that Slash and Duff  return to the band, they have a good piece of cake (U$$$) for the tours but the decisions I dunno are consensus, they are partners in the percentage of the wealth. I guess Axl obtains a better portion  of course because don´t forget he has to pay all the insane infrastructure,  the  employees , taxes, etc. etc... 

Edited by Juliette

17 minutes ago, Padme said:

It seems to me Beta didn't have any consensus with AC/DC manager about posting in social media to bash fans and make a fool of herself. Axl is a hired guy when it comes to AC/DC. I don't want to imagine what she might do when it comes to GN'R 

I am going to hazard a guess that AC/DC did not realize this would be a thing. Up until now there have been no issues w/ TB on AC/DC's social media. I'm also going to guess that now that it HAS come up, they'll be having a discussion w/Axl and TB about how to handle it in future and how they'd like TB to interact with AC/DC's fans.

It's not exactly the same as what I was talking about, either. You were saying that you hoped TB wouldn't fuck up the reunion. It's not as likely given that there are two other management teams involved and decisions are now made by consensus, not one manager controlling everything like NuGNR.

Edited by stella

14 minutes ago, Juliette said:

Beta lives with Axl, I have no doubt of that, because of the pics and all the things she published on instagram, I deduce they are living together. Fernando and Vanessa are living in different houses with their families.

Beta is the manager of GNR (with her family) . It is clear for what  happened all this years that the control of the band continues in Axl´s hands (and these people management). Of course , now that Slash and Duff  return to the band, they have a good piece of cake (U$$$) for the tours but the decisions I dunno are consensus, they are partners in the percentage of the wealth. I guess Axl obtains a better portion  of course because don´t forget he has to pay all the insane infrastructure,  the  employees , taxes, etc. etc...

There have been full management credits for Slash and Duff's people in the tour brochure, etc. I very much doubt the two of them would have returned if Axl and TB were controlling everything. In addition it's been said by others here that decisions such as the participation of Izzy and Adler were made jointly, not by one member.

Who was it that recently mentioned the Brian Wilson biopic here (Love & Mercy)? @Blackstar?

I've been meaning to watch this for a while, but inspired by this thread I actually watched it and all I can say is :scared::scared::scared:

I can see the Axl parallels some people mentioned. Musically gifted kid with an abusive father, manages to become super successfull, while still remaining totally insecure about his abilities (leading to endless tinkering on one album), struggles with mental health issues and ends up getting taken advantage of by a douchebag who somehow manages to control his entire life and rob his money.

Definitely sounds very familiar to me as a Guns fan. And shows how easy it is to take advantage of someone who's vulnerable, lonely and struggles with mental illness, even if that someone is rich, intelligent, famous, etc.

I did some reasearch after I watched the movie and apparently the whole thing was much worse in real life than it was depicted in the movie even (according to Brian Wilson's wife, who played a huge part in getting him out of this fucked up and abusive situation).

One of the explanations I've seen cited for how this could even happen (apart from Dr. Landy purposefully over-medicating Brian Wilson) was that Brian Wilson, being raised by an abusive and domineering father, didn't realize just how dysfunctional and abusive that relationship was because of the way he grew up. I think I've seen someone here make a similar point about Axl before. Wouldn't surprise met at all, sadly.

I was also kind of amused by how Brian Wilson literally got saved from the clutches of the manipulative bastard by the love of a courageous woman. Sounds a lot like the real life version of what some people here wish would happen to Axl :P

Edited by Frey
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Frey said:

I was also kind of amused by how Brian Wilson literally got saved from the clutches of the manipulative bastard by the love of a courageous woman. Sounds a lot like the real life version of what some people here wish would happen to Axl :P

So sad he needs to wait another year to finally meet me :ph34r:

j/k :smiley-confused2:

15 minutes ago, Frey said:

Who was it that recently mentioned the Brian Wilson biopic here (Love & Mercy)? @Blackstar?

I've been meaning to watch this for a while, but inspired by this thread I actually watched it and all I can say is :scared::scared::scared:

I can see the Axl parallels some people mentioned. Musically gifted kid with an abusive father, manages to become super successfull, while still remaining totally insecure about his abilities (leading to endless tinkering on one album), struggles with mental health issues and ends up getting taken advantage of by a douchebag who somehow manages to control his entire life and rob his money.

Definitely sounds very familiar to me as a Guns fan. And shows how easy it is to take advantage of someone who's vulnerable, lonely and struggles with mental illness, even if that someone is rich, intelligent, famous, etc.

I did some reasearch after I watched the movie and apparently the whole thing was much worse in real life than it was depicted in the movie even (according to Brian Wilson's wife, who played a huge part in getting him out of this fucked up and abusive situation).

damn I have to watch this :(

Do you know if it's on YouTube or something?

By what you're saying that totally sounds like Axl's case. Sucks because I'm sure I'm gonna watch that and get even more paranoid about all of this :facepalm:

17 minutes ago, Frey said:

One of the explanations I've seen cited for how this could even happen (apart from the Dr. Landy purposefully over-medicating Brian Wilson) was that Brian Wilson, being raised by an abusive and domineering father, didn't realize just how dysfunctional and abusive that relationship was because of the way he grew up. I think I've seen someone here make a similar point about Axl before. Wouldn't surpise met at all, sadly.

This matches the situation of Axl being blackmailed into making TB managers or face abandonment and misery for the second time in his life :no:

He does not see what's going on. Having him blocked from the Internet or whatever they blocked him from it is VERY BAD in my view. Could it be illegal in the USA? does anyone know?

If anyone in my life would have done something like that to me, I wouldn't doubt two seconds in wiping them off ASAP. All those things are signs of abusive behavior and he let this continue for years and years.

22 minutes ago, Frey said:

:unsure:

4 hours ago, tiutso said:

The question is, just how flexible is 'anything' :D

:awesomeface::awesomeface::awesomeface:

And also, if Slash likes some curves and a bit of chub, he shouldn't have a problem with the way Axl looks these days :P (Not that Slash has any room to judge, but still...)

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

@Lumikki Yes is it ok? If its not,sorry:smiley-confused2:

How do You know it was My drawing? :wow: I thought Nobody will saw/intersted to see it :ph34r:

Yeah sure, no problem, I just didn't understand why you guys would be talking about me :ph34r:

Because of your username. It's very similar to the one you have here. And it was clearly fan art for Slaxl19s story. I figured there can't be that many Serenitys who have also read that story :lol: Btw, even though it's so sad, you also drew him very cute. It just makes me wanna get him out of there and hug him and protect him. Are you planning to color it?

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

If this means beta gets fired thn Im okay with tht (Am I being rude? I just want them to stay away from Axl N' His life N' His money:ph34r:)

Beta has done worse things and never got fired for that, so she won't get fired for this either, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Oh, thanks! I must have missed it. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with all the posts here lol.

It was only posted here very briefly, but then got taken down again. Because it was a screenshot of one of the videos from Meegan's private Instagram account.

16 minutes ago, Frey said:

One of the explanations I've seen cited for how this could even happen (apart from Dr. Landy purposefully over-medicating Brian Wilson) was that Brian Wilson, being raised by an abusive and domineering father, didn't realize just how dysfunctional and abusive that relationship was because of the way he grew up. I think I've seen someone here make a similar point about Axl before. Wouldn't surprise met at all, sadly.

I need to watch this as well. Sounds terrifying.

34 minutes ago, stella said:

I am going to hazard a guess that AC/DC did not realize this would be a thing. Up until now there have been no issues w/ TB on AC/DC's social media. I'm also going to guess that now that it HAS come up, they'll be having a discussion w/Axl and TB about how to handle it in future and how they'd like TB to interact with AC/DC's fans.

It's not exactly the same as what I was talking about, either. You were saying that you hoped TB wouldn't fuck up the reunion. It's not as likely given that there are two other management teams involved and decisions are now made by consensus, not one manager controlling everything like NuGNR.

I hope TB learn from this incident and the Izzy sign banned. Another issue I don't think TB did in agreement with Slash and Duff managers. But I doubt it very much. I don't think they learn from past mistakes

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Padme said:

I hope TB learn from this incident and the Izzy sign banned. Another issue I don't think TB did in agreement with Slash and Duff managers. But I doubt it very much. I don't think they learn from past mistakes

Well, whether they learn or not, IMHO AC/DC is a totally different animal as far as these things are concerned. It's not Axl's band. They hired him. He's not the boss in that band, and doesn't have the same control or say in things that he would have in Guns N' Roses.

With that in mind, I do think that if Ellen Young or AC/DC's management tell TB, "Look, you need to refrain from interacting with our fans this way on AC/DC's social media pages," TB would be compelled to listen. It might not carry over to GnR's social media/interactions at all, but it would probably prevent another incident like this on AC/DC's social media.

Edited by stella