GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think he dyes his hair. His hair color is the natural color for a redhead at his age.

This. Red hair often actually goes blonder as a person ages a lot of the time. Redheads are less likely statistically to go grey; they go blonder and then sometimes white. Red hair changes naturally all throughout a person's life, in fact. If you look at photos of Axl, it was a lot darker when he was a kid and looks lighter by the time he's in his 30s.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@killuridols haha, that really could be me, I don't smoke any more - but I did used to smoke like a chimney. You drew lumikki, Andy14 and Blackstar exactly like I imagine them too :lol:

:P

well it's not exactly a cigarette... It's a stick :rofl-lol:

dont ask me why I picture you with a stick in your teeth. My mind is crazy like that!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I honestly know nothing about Bono because I never liked U2. I do know, but only because I live here, that he acknowledged the Madres de Plaza de Mayo and invited them to one of U2's shows in Argentina.

What Axl posted remembering M.L.K. speech also sounded fake, lol, I don't know....

It really didn't give me a vibe that he truly cares about that topic so I'd prefer that he doesn't say anything if he's not really into it.

Bono has talked almost about everything happening in the world. His "activism" is part of his public persona. He had started by writing really good political songs, but he ended being a caricature of himself, doing "activism" by talking in G8 conferences and writing joined pompous articles with Bill Gates about the environmental problem. I consider Axl's reaction (if true) when he didn't want to play in Santiago more genuine, even though he never talked about it in public.

On the other hand, this was an unfortunate moment, imo. The problem is not that he supported the war and his country (I don't agree, but he had the right to do so and express it), but the reasoning behind it. Without probably realizing it, he facepalmed the 60s anti-war movement and went against even his own song (Civil War).

I apologize to the other cool people who oftenly post in this thread too, that I didn't draw them, because 1) lack of space in the sketchbook and 2) with many of you I don't have a formed image in my head so it got hard.

Edited by killuridols

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:P

well it's not exactly a cigarette... It's a stick :rofl-lol:

dont ask me why I picture you with a stick in your teeth. My mind is crazy like that!

Lol, well chewing on a stick isn't far off for someone from Sheffield :lol:

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

He looked so weird in 2001. Maybe he went through some sort of sickness or something. 

He looks great now.

Yeah, and if you take in to account all the tour cancellations and his really terrible vocal problems that all happened around the same time. Maybe things were wrong and his weird appearance could've been due to more than plastic surgery.

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Bono has talked almost about everything happening in the world. His "activism" is part of his public persona. He had started by writing really good political songs, but he ended being a caricature of himself, doing "activism" by talking in G8 conferences and writing joined pompous articles with Bill Gates about the environmental problem. I consider Axl's reaction (if true) when he didn't want to play in Santiago more genuine, even though he never talked about it in public.

On the other hand, this was an unfortunate moment, imo. The problem is not that he supported the war and his country (I don't agree, but he had the right to do so and express it), but the reasoning behind it. Without probably realizing it, he facepalmed the 60s anti-war movement and went against even his own song (Civil War).

Axl is a walking contradiction :rolleyes:

That's when he was still young and ignorant about most topics. He's lived all of his life in a shell and tbh Hollywood is not the best place to grow political ideas or ideas of any kind :P

I think that when he was older he realized he better do not get into those subjects, like when he told Jimmy Kimmel he was scared of the question about who he was going to vote.

A person who doesn't vote, in my opinion, is someone who really don't care about their community, society and the world in general.

He must be careful into getting into that kind of topics in the future because he could be easily bashed for not voting: what change can you ask for if you dont participate in the basics of politics.

11 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Axlpicture.jpg

:rofl-lol:

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Lol, well chewing on a stick isn't far off for someone from Sheffield :lol:

I have no idea what you talking about but really im not a stalker :ph34r:

• Like 1

But Johnny Rotten dyes his hair all the time, he's like a chameleon  :lol: j/k

Both my grandmothers were gingers, proper red gingers like Axl and their hair went blonder over time. They both did eventually go grey, but that wasn't until they were in their 70s that they started getting grey hairs. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

A person who doesn't vote, in my opinion, is someone who really don't care about their community, society and the world in general.

He must be careful into getting into that kind of topics in the future because he could be easily bashed for not voting: what change can you ask for if you dont participate in the basics of politics.

I think it's relative. It depends on the reasoning behind it. Non-voting can be as much a political statement as voting imo, on the condition that the person is politically active and not indifferent.

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think it's relative. It depends on the reasoning behind it. Non-voting can be as much a political statement as voting imo, on the condition that the person is politically active and not indifferent.

I think everyone does have a responsibility to vote. But on the other hand there are some valid reasons not to register - like not wanting to be on a jury or have your address made public.

12 minutes ago, stella said:

I think everyone does have a responsibility to vote. But on the other hand there are some valid reasons not to register - like not wanting to be on a jury or have your address made public.

There are cases of bogus elections, for example during a dictatorship or a lame democracy (my country has experienced both in the past). There's also the case when there are only two candidates whose views don't differ or one doesn't agree with either of them. If I were in America now, though, I would definitely vote, even half-heartedly.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

There are cases of bogus elections, for example during a dictatorship or a lame democracy (my country has experienced both in the past). There's also the case when there are only two candidates whose views don't differ or one doesn't agree with either of them. If I were in America now, though, I would definitely vote, even half-heartedly.

Yeah, that's all true. There's been more than one election here where my vote hasn't been cast *for* a candidate as much as it's been cast *against* the other candidate. In America it's so critical to vote this year, though.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Two other famous redheads and their hair color:

johnny rotten1.jpgjohnny rotten 2.jpgjohn-lydon.jpg

Johnny Rotten is a natural redhead? :heart:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I apologize to the other cool people who oftenly post in this thread too, that I didn't draw them, because 1) lack of space in the sketchbook and 2) with many of you I don't have a formed image in my head so it got hard.

Yeah, I got a little jealous, but ok, ok, I think I can forgive you. :P

3 hours ago, jaravany said:

2001 NBA interview

Axl helped neighbors with fire

Huh?

But this reminds me of this video. It's Beta telling the world how Axl heroically fought off the fire around his house :lol:

7 hours ago, dgnr said:

Just lurking on Instagram and this popped up. I miss Slaxl already :shrugs:

Isn't this the one that Duff's ex-wife showed to Meegan?

I hope Meegan showed it to Slash and Axl in turn :rofl-lol:

I'm on my sometimes-crazy-AAR phone and it's in its moment right now and won't let me quote any posts.

@killuridols I'm LOLing at @Frey's pic that you drew and LOLing even more at @Andy14's drawing of you ROFLMAO.

Btw anyone noticed Axl's hair has grown a bit and slightly thicker on the AC/DC show recently?

-----------------

Okay I continued reading the rest of the posts and saw that you guys have discussed his hair back there hehe

Edited by cheesecake

?

And now when they write about guns n roses after parties with models,  we can imagine Axl chasing them round in circles with his perv hands to that theme tune :facepalm:

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, unless I'm terribly mistaken, he is. But, like @MillionsOfSpiders said, he's not the best example because he dyes his hair all the time. :)

He said in his book all about being a carrot top, I'm sure he did. 

46 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Google 'Benny Hill theme'.

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

?

And now when they write about guns n roses after parties with models,  we can imagine Axl chasing them round in circles with his perv hands to that theme tune :facepalm:

He said in his book all about being a carrot top, I'm sure he did. 

Now I can imagine it :rofl-lol: