GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

11 hours ago, killuridols said:

@Lumikki and @Frey Duff was born to be a father! :wub:

I kid you not when I say I wish Duff would take Axl to live with him and reeducate him from scratch, teach him "how to be a man" LOL :lol: and put him under strict diet.

But Axl should relax and never contradict Duff with anything. Just let him do what he does best: be a dad :P

I'd rather see Axl live with Duff as well than with TB or alone up there on his hill, tbh.

Would be a pretty weird arrangement though, considering that Duff is actually younger than Axl :lol: But whatever, Axl's new mom is only 7 years (or something like that) older than him as well (not to mention the step father who's only 14 years his senior), so whatever. It wouldn't even be that weird by Axl standards.

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

I'd rather see Axl live with Duff as well than with TB or alone up there on his hill, tbh.

Would be a pretty weird arrangement though, considering that Duff is actually younger than Axl :lol: But whatever, Axl's new mom is only 7 years (or something like that) older than him as well (not to mention the step father who's only 14 years his senior), so whatever. It wouldn't even be that weird by Axl standards.

Well I guess He will be a mature younger Brother

Yes, i agree @Frey Slash isn't comfortable in interviews, even less when talking about emotions and Slash said that during their emotional talks Axl would  lead the conversation, in the interview with TB the interviewer said Slash wasn't sure if participating or not, maybe he knew that Axl would be an emotional mess with him there and he knows that he himself isn't able to intervene because his insticts are to let Axl talk and for the first interview they wanted somethig with little change of fuck ups as "training", to see how Axl would react in perspective of more interviews and Slash was seen as a liability for this purpose. plus, he would be happy to have someone else doing what he hates :lol:

Basically i can see your third options to be true and i hope for more interviews with Slash but with Duff also present as a guardian of sort.

Edited by giuls
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

And don't forget that Grandpa Angus is also only 61 :lol:.

So we have Axl/Slash marriage-like relationship and now Duff/Axl father-son relationship. 

What's next? :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frey said:

I think Duff was there instead of Slash for two, maybe three reasons:

First, because having Slash there would have made things automatically more tense and difficult. Axl's been hanging out with Duff for longer now and they're probably more familiar and comforatble with each other. And their relationship was never as emotionally charged and volatile as Slash and Axl's. Doing that interview might not have been too big of an issue on Slash's side (though he would have hated it too, because the guy doesn't get tired of mentioning how much he hates doing interviews and that he hates talking about his feelings- combine both of this things and I'm sure Slash was glad to sit this one out), but Axl seemed to get all emotional and looked like he was about to cry just from talking about the Lebeises.

If it was just Slash and Axl and no Duff there to nip personal questions about feelings in the bud, who knows what Axl might have started talking about. Or if he'd actually started crying for real. The media would have had a field day with that. And Slash would probably have died of mortification, because something like that would be exactly the kind of thing he always tries to avoid.

Might sound a bit extreme, but I remember Duff saying something about how Axl is incapable of really lying in a not too long ago interview and Slash said something similar in his book. Combine that with him seeming kind of off emotionally and behavior-wise and I think they might have been legitimately worried about Axl saying or doing something that awkward.

And second, because they wanted someone there to corroborate Axl's claims. It's obvious one reason for this interview was to adress some of the things people were complaining/speculating about on the internet (the song tempos, Slash and Duff playing CD songs, the Lebeis situation, etc.). I remember there were a lot of people doubting Axl when he said that Slash and Duff decided to play CD songs on their own during the China Exchange interview. So they needed either Slash or Duff there to support what Axl said. Both of them can do that, but since Slash was the risky option, they went with Duff.

And a third reason might be that they're planning to do a more in-depth interview with Slash and Axl at some point in the future, and that show wasn't the place for that (or didn't pay the right price...).

duff appears very comfortable in front of cameras and journalists :)

I think that axl and slash are much more nervous...

2 hours ago, annablue said:

Any translations for the accompanying interview with Beta/Fernando? 

There you are :)

Journalist: And here we have a mother, her children and they will explain to us what is this connection between Axl and Brazil.

J: What is your function on Axl's life?

Beta: Mother. Mummy. 

J: Santista Beta Lebeis treats the singer as a son.

B: I always wanted to give to him what I give to my family.

J: Beta moved from Santos to USA in the early 90's. In California she became the nanny of the model Stephanie Seymour's son. Not long after that, Stephanie started dating Axl. When they broke up he asked: 'Leave the nanny with me'.

J: And it's been 26 years...

B: Almost 26, yeah

J: On Rock in Rio 2001 Axl paid a tribute to Beta.

J: Today, Axl's assistant is Beta's daughter, Vanessa.

Vanessa: I am the one who get him ready to the show.

J: And the son, Fernando, between a lot of other Santistas from the crew, has the highest job. 

Fernando: Today I'm the manager, but the successful of that it's really the family and Axl's trust in us for us to do what has to be done to make the show happen.

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 3

On 25/8/2016 at 3:59 AM, killuridols said:

Yes, you are correct. Also happened with Slash when he tried to see nuGNR in Vegas.

---------

There is no way something like this should be called "love" or "protection". Axl was a man in his forties when these things happened. He should have been able to deal with all of that on his own. Face the problems, damn it.

Although I do agree that such encounters should not happen before a show (it is not the appropiate place and time to talk heavy shit), what rings a bell to me is the similarities among these stories: all of them tried to contact Axl in person by going to a show.

I believe phones exist since... how many decades? fifty, sixty? doesn't matter... the point is, if Duff, Slash and Steven thought the ONLY way to contact Axl was by directly approaching him somewhere, it is because a phone call was not an option for them.

Talks about how much shielded Axl is/was and how everybody in that organization were not helping him get out of that shell by telling him "dude! kill this shit now, talk to them! get rid of the anger, talk it out, solve it!".

No, it was all like "ok Axl, don't deal with your problems, they will get tired and go away soon. Keep harboring hate inside, anger inside, sweep it all under the rug".

That was the approach. Very healthy, indeed. :rolleyes:

Wonder who was the security person at the door of Axl´s Hotel room when Duff wanted to visit him. This person told him he can´t get in to see him because his was taking a shower. How did he know that being outside the room? Duff wrote in his book after discussing that in front of the door Axl heard his voice and openend the door, so he wasn´t taking a shower.  I mean, a security person has the power to decide of his own what person can go inside Axl´s room? He didn´t even need call him to ask, just decide of his own? This wasn´t  whatever person, it was Duff.

There are people around him deciding what persons can get in contact with him or not?  I don´t think it would have been so easy for Duff to make a phone call, without his phone number.

On 25/8/2016 at 4:18 AM, killuridols said:

When you do a little research on those pictures posted by models and him on there IG's, they are always thanking either Andrei or one of the Lebeis, so it looks like all of it is arranged by them.

Probably because of their age, they don't know older women who could be a good fit for Axl. It looks like Axl hangs out with what his assistants pick for him and he doesn't go beyond that.

It is always the same kind of women. Never someone slightly different. I find that odd.

I've seen Susan bringing her hot sexy friends to the shows. I had hopes Axl could meet one of those women who are more age appropiate for him than the young models and find an alternative to what he is constantly presented for dinner night after night.

Again, I think it is the problem of being dependend of a reduced circle of people and the people those people like, instead of him exploring new ways of connecting with a different type of woman.

I thought the same, like your posts.

• Like 1

On 25/8/2016 at 4:29 AM, Axl_Fetish said:

There was also a video clip on YouTube from 2014, S. America where Beta basically told some fans to get lost, and Axl (very strongly) intervened... then spoke with the fans for a few minutes.

Yes! I saw that movie and made the connection myself :blink: 

Do you have that youtube link?

1 hour ago, KMS said:

Izzy - grumpy cat :lol:

Znaleziony obraz

56 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Izzy - grumpy neighbour 

LOL :lol:

Izzy's Axl's bro though, he could simply be his older brother in this fucked up family.

51 minutes ago, dgnr said:

"Mummy". Only as a fan of this band to you hear and talk this much about the singer's mommy. :rolleyes: Fans of other bands would be so weirded out if you explained the inner workings of GnR to them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frey said:

I think Duff was there instead of Slash for two, maybe three reasons:

First, because having Slash there would have made things automatically more tense and difficult. Axl's been hanging out with Duff for longer now and they're probably more familiar and comforatble with each other. And their relationship was never as emotionally charged and volatile as Slash and Axl's. Doing that interview might not have been too big of an issue on Slash's side (though he would have hated it too, because the guy doesn't get tired of mentioning how much he hates doing interviews and that he hates talking about his feelings- combine both of this things and I'm sure Slash was glad to sit this one out), but Axl seemed to get all emotional and looked like he was about to cry just from talking about the Lebeises.

If it was just Slash and Axl and no Duff there to nip personal questions about feelings in the bud, who knows what Axl might have started talking about. Or if he'd actually started crying for real. The media would have had a field day with that. And Slash would probably have died of mortification, because something like that would be exactly the kind of thing he always tries to avoid.

Might sound a bit extreme, but I remember Duff saying something about how Axl is incapable of really lying in a not too long ago interview and Slash said something similar in his book. Combine that with him seeming kind of off emotionally and behavior-wise and I think they might have been legitimately worried about Axl saying or doing something that awkward.

And second, because they wanted someone there to corroborate Axl's claims. It's obvious one reason for this interview was to adress some of the things people were complaining/speculating about on the internet (the song tempos, Slash and Duff playing CD songs, the Lebeis situation, etc.). I remember there were a lot of people doubting Axl when he said that Slash and Duff decided to play CD songs on their own during the China Exchange interview. So they needed either Slash or Duff there to support what Axl said. Both of them can do that, but since Slash was the risky option, they went with Duff.

And a third reason might be that they're planning to do a more in-depth interview with Slash and Axl at some point in the future, and that show wasn't the place for that (or didn't pay the right price...).

Duff is Axl's guardian again. He was there to protect Axl and also, as you say, support previous Axl's sayings.

It's funny he didnt remember where he talked about music before. It was the China Exchange conference, damn it!!! :P

3 hours ago, Frey said:

Yeah, the weirdest of arrangements but still healthier and more productive than the one he has now.

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

And don't forget that Grandpa Angus is also only 61 :lol:.

So we have Axl/Slash marriage-like relationship and now Duff/Axl father-son relationship. 

What's next? :rofl-lol:

lol

It's called being precocious. Everything in Axl's life is precocious so that's he has parents and granpa few years older than him.

And married to Slash, from whom he had divorced before :P

Edited by killuridols

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

There you are :)

Journalist: And here we have a mother, her children and they will explain to us what is this connection between Axl and Brazil.

J: Santista Beta Lebeis treats the singer as a son.

B: I always wanted to give to him what I give to my family.

J: Beta moved from Santos to USA in the early 90's. In California she became the nanny of the model Stephanie Seymour's son. Not long after that, Stephanie started dating Axl. When they broke up he asked: 'Leave the nanny with me'.

J: And it's been 26 years...

B: Almost 26, yeah

J: On Rock in Rio 2001 Axl paid a tribute to Beta.

J: Today, Axl's assistant is Beta's daughter, Vanessa.

Vanessa: I am the one who get him ready to the show.

J: And the son, Fernando, between a lot of other Santistas from the crew, has the highest job. 

Fernando: Today I'm the manager, but the successful of that it's really the family and Axl's trust in us for us to do what has to be done to make the show happen.

I guess I should be used to it by now, but I still find this Beta as Axl's "mommy" thing as so weird.  I'd rather her call him her "best friend" or something.

Regarding the Axl/Duff interview; did anyone else find it odd that Axl said it was Slash/Duff's idea to play CD stuff?  I think it's more likely that TB conferred with S/D management and told them it would be a nice gesture if they did that to keep Axl happy.  Then Axl doesn't have to claim responsibility for it.  Just my conjecture.

Thanks @dgnr also reflecting back on the Axl / Duff interview I love how he brings up his sister Amy in relation to the broken leg/foot thing..."you know when you break something, you know". My favourite part. I guess maybe because he's still talking to his siblings and we never hear much about them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hair of the dog said:

Wonder who was the security person at the door of Axl´s Hotel room when Duff wanted to visit him. This person told him he can´t get in to see him because his was taking a shower. How did he know that being outside the room? Duff wrote in his book after discussing that in front of the door Axl heard his voice and openend the door, so he wasn´t taking a shower.  I mean, a security person has the power to decide of his own what person can go inside Axl´s room? He didn´t even need call him to ask, just decide of his own? This wasn´t  whatever person, it was Duff.

There are people around him deciding what persons can get in contact with him or not?  I don´t think it would have been so easy for Duff to make a phone call, without his phone number.

To be fair that's usually how it is when someone's famous - they have screeners. There's usually a list of who's allowed in and everyone else is barred. If the person hasn't said, "XYZ people are okay" in advance, it's security's job to stop them. Even if it's an old bandmate.

As to the shower excuse, just a dodge, but maybe they did know Axl was supposed to be getting ready for the show at that time.

Edited by stella

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I want to know what Slash has to say about it all. I find it extremely odd that he's not doing interviews, yeah he hates them whatever, it's not fucking well stopped him before and he always used to address the audience too.

Its like they well and truly gagged him. Ffs.

Me too ...

Wonder about the same thing. Maybe he is scared to talk because every wrong word might upset Axl. Wouldn't be the first time ....

• Like 2