Jump to content
Carlycosmos

GNR Women's discussion

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't know. My mom is older than him and has amazing hair :shrugs:

Depends a lot on race too or how strong your whole health system is. Unhealthy people usually have bad hair and bad nails. 

Um, I don't agree with his length now making him look younger or better. I think it makes him look bad. No person at his age look amazing with hair past the shoulders. Much less men.

The Vegas length was cool. Now it is a mess, with the frizz and half curls.

I guess agree to disagree then. I know plenty of people who look great with long hair that age. Just look at Brad Pitt for example, he still had long hair like 3 years ago and he is only like 2 years younger than Axl. Women generally have healthier hair than men anyways so it doesnt surprise me your mom still has great hair her age. I'm just waiting to see if Axl grows it out or cuts it off at some point in the next 6 months, I think it'll look great even with all the curl action going on now, by the time the Japan dates start it should be pretty long.

Cr9JxxNXgAAD-aC.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frey said:

I know not every depressed person does that. That's why I said "many" and "severe depression".

Riad was a creep that was Erin's brother in law (I guess some guy Erin's sister married or something). Some kind of insane criminal mastermind apparently. Civil War was written at his request.

I really can't picture Axl sitting there with a curling wand trying to make these curls. If he is too lazy too take care of his hair in any way apart from basic washing (like you guys claim), then he is  also too lazy to curl his hair.

And what would be the point of that anyway? Because it looks like shit tbh :lol:

Civil War was written at his request??? What does that mean? (makes no sense)

They have a hair stylist on the tour. And Vanessa can do it too. Any woman could do it, actually. It takes one minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should probably get a regular trim, just to get rid of the split ends, that will help the frizz a bit, although the heat under those lights won't be helping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Civil War was written at his request??? What does that mean? (makes no sense)

They have a hair stylist on the tour. And Vanessa can do it too. Any woman could do it, actually. It takes one minute.

Why does it make no sense? The guy wanted a song about how he was so powerful that he could sell people anything and control everything ("The power hungry selling soldiers in a human grocery store..." etc.)

Axl told that story somewhere once.

Yeah, but like I said, why would anyone do that? Looks like shit.

Edited by Frey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I guess agree to disagree then. I know plenty of people who look great with long hair that age. Just look at Brad Pitt for example, he still had long hair like 3 years ago and he is only like 2 years younger than Axl. Women generally have healthier hair than men anyways so it doesnt surprise me your mom still has great hair her age. I'm just waiting to see if Axl grows it out or cuts it off at some point in the next 6 months, I think it'll look great even with all the curl action going on now, by the time the Japan dates start it should be pretty long.

Cr9JxxNXgAAD-aC.jpg

Brad Pitt really takes care of his image, which Axl doesn't. And Brad Pitt has had lots of styles too, but always mostly short hair.

Not sure he can grow his hair much longer, with how unhealthy it looks, it will probably grow a couple centimeters more.

Its funny that pic you posted, you can see how one hair is falling off. I've seen losing hair like that in several pics and videos. It also looks exactly like the My Little Pony picture @MillionsOfSpiders posted some pages ago :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duff is the only one with a great hairstyle these days. Whoever is responsible for that, himself or Susan most def, thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some more interesting stuff from the alternate CD booklets:

Axl's thoughts on China and the future. A classic example of Axl speak, but he's not wrong. And I can see how the situation for people in China would resonate with him in particular, considering he's always been very paranoid concerned about the police, his freedom to do what he wants, etc.

CDChiDemRedHand16.JPG

 

I feel like I've seen this on Slash's Instagram :lol::facepalm:

CDChiDemRedHand33.JPG

 

Axl has this one hanging on the wall in his house :rolleyes:

http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemRedHand29.JPG

 

@killuridols  This is the story about Erin's brother-in-law Riad that @Frey mentioned earlier. I remember Axl also talked about this Riad guy in an interview or something once, saying much the same things he says here. Civil War being written at his request is also mentioned here. If what Axl says is true and the guy (Riad I mean) is not just an insane liar, then I could see how having someone like that in your family could leave you a bit shaken and paranoid.

CDChiDemRedHand37.JPG

This is the same story in the other alternate booklet.

What's interesting to me hear is the "Don't ask, don't tell" part. From what I understand, DADT used to be a policy in the US military about gay people in the military being prohibited from revealing their sexual orientation and in turn not getting asked about their sexual orientation by superiors.

Hence the picture of the two kissing soldiers there.

I'm not sure what I should read into that, but it's definitely an interesting (and kind of surprising) choice for Axl to put that into one of the CD booklets.

CDChiDemGrenade18.JPG

 

There's lots more I could comment on, but don't have time right now.

Honestly though, I'm sad Axl never got to talk about the lyrics of CD and the artwork and everything else in more depth.

Wether you like CD or not, I think it's clear he put a lot of thought into that album and everything surrounding it, and I would have loved to hear them.

 

Link to all the artwork from the Red Hand version of CD: http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemRedHand.html

Link to all the artwork from the Grenade version of CD: http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemGrenade.html

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lumikki said:

Here's some more interesting stuff from the alternate CD booklets:

Axl's thoughts on China and the future. A classic example of Axl speak, but he's not wrong. And I can see how the situation for people in China would resonate with him in particular, considering he's always been very paranoid concerned about the police, his freedom to do what he wants, etc.

CDChiDemRedHand16.JPG

 

I feel like I've seen this on Slash's Instagram :lol::facepalm:

CDChiDemRedHand33.JPG

 

Axl has this one hanging on the wall in his house :rolleyes:

http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemRedHand29.JPG

 

@killuridols  This is the story about Erin's brother-in-law Riad that @Frey mentioned earlier. I remember Axl also talked about this Riad guy in an interview or something once, saying much the same things he says here. Civil War being written at his request is also mentioned here. If what Axl says is true and the guy (Riad I mean) is not just an insane liar, then I could see how having someone like that in your family could leave you a bit shaken and paranoid.

CDChiDemRedHand37.JPG

This is the same story in the other alternate booklet.

What's interesting to me hear is the "Don't ask, don't tell" part. From what I understand, DADT used to be a policy in the US military about gay people in the military being prohibited from revealing their sexual orientation and in turn not getting asked about their sexual orientation by superiors.

Hence the picture of the two kissing soldiers there.

I'm not sure what I should read into that, but it's definitely an interesting (and kind of surprising) choice for Axl to put that into one of the CD booklets.

CDChiDemGrenade18.JPG

 

There's lots more I could comment on, but don't have time right now.

Honestly though, I'm sad Axl never got to talk about the lyrics of CD and the artwork and everything else in more depth.

Wether you like CD or not, I think it's clear he put a lot of thought into that album and everything surrounding it, and I would have loved to hear them.

 

Link to all the artwork from the Red Hand version of CD: http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemRedHand.html

Link to all the artwork from the Grenade version of CD: http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemGrenade.html

 

 

 

Haha the skeletons.They actually use them as background video for Rocket Queen

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Frey said:

Why does it make no sense? The guy wanted a song about how he was so powerful that he could sell people anything and control everything ("The power hungry selling soldiers in a human grocery store..." etc.)

Axl told that story somewhere once.

Yeah, but like I said, why would anyone do that? Looks like shit.

It makes no sense because why would Axl concede something like that to a person who is sinister and bad like he describes?

Besides, "per request" sounds like an order, a demand. I never heard of Axl satisfying demands like that (not even from his fans) and especially from such a terrible guy, according to himself.

@Lumikki yes, I know where it comes from and I read all that, have those pictures too but I still don't understand what it means or who this person is and why he says CD exists because of people like Riad ??  :question:

If the guy is such a criminal like he claims why doesn't he tell this to the authorities in his country instead of making a mess in the artwork of an album and even embarrassing Erin once more? :facepalm:

2008 and Axl was still obsessing over Erin, lol

9 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Duff is the only one with a great hairstyle these days. Whoever is responsible for that, himself or Susan most def, thank you! 

Yeah, I agree. He's the one who looks best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

What's interesting to me hear is the "Don't ask, don't tell" part. From what I understand, DADT used to be a policy in the US military about gay people in the military being prohibited from revealing their sexual orientation and in turn not getting asked about their sexual orientation by superiors.

Hence the picture of the two kissing soldiers there.

I'm not sure what I should read into that, but it's definitely an interesting (and kind of surprising) choice for Axl to put that into one of the CD booklets.

 


This sounds like a new Slaxl theory waiting to happen. :lol:

Come on, I'm sure one of you guys can explain this from a Slaxl point of view lol

 

Edited by Frey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frey said:


This sounds like a new Slaxl theory waiting to happen. :lol:

Come on, I'm sure one of you guys can explain this from a Slaxl point of view lol

Lol Frey, are you missing a new Slaxl theory? Don't hesitate to create one :popcorn:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It makes no sense because why would Axl concede something like that to a person who is sinister and bad like he describes?

Besides, "per request" sounds like an order, a demand. I never heard of Axl satisfying demands like that (not even from his fans) and especially from such a terrible guy, according to himself.

@Lumikki yes, I know where it comes from and I read all that, have those pictures too but I still don't understand what it means or who this person is and why he says CD exists because of people like Riad ??  :question:

If the guy is such a criminal like he claims why doesn't he tell this to the authorities in his country instead of making a mess in the artwork of an album and even embarrassing Erin once more? :facepalm:

2008 and Axl was still obsessing over Erin, lol

Yeah, I agree. He's the one who looks best.

Well like Axl says the guy was his brother in law, so technically family. Not too strange that he would take requests from someone like that. Besides, he did the same with Michelle Young. She told Axl that she wished someone would write a song about her and Axl did.

He says CD exists because of people like Riad because CD is a quite political album if you look at some of the lyrics, Axl's explanations, the artwork and so on. For better or worse, awful people who cause suffering or war for the people on this planet (like Riad, the Chinese government, etc.) inspired or motivated Axl to make CD (at least in part).

And if the guy is really as powerful and terrifying as Axl claims, I assume Axl wouldn't want to mess with him, because he's scared of him. Besides, this whole Riad thing also sounds a bit like conspiracy theory territory again, so maybe Axl believes that the authorities you mentioned wouldn't do anything anyway or would be powerless to do anything.

 

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

Lol Frey, are you missing a new Slaxl theory? Don't hesitate to create one :popcorn:

Yes you guys haven't come up with any funny new Slaxl theories in a while :max:

Edited by Frey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Frey said:

Well like Axl says the guy was his brother in law, so technically family. Not too strange that he would take requests from someone like that. Besides, he did the same with Michelle Young. She told Axl that she wished someone would write a song about her and Axl did.

He says CD exists because of people like Riad because CD is a quite political album if you look at some of the lyrics, Axl's explanations, the artwork and so on. For better or worse, awful people who cause suffering or war for the people on this planet (like Riad, the Chinese government, etc.) inspired or motivated Axl to make CD (at least in part).

And if the guy is really as powerful and terrifying as Axl claims, I assume Axl wouldn't want to mess with him, because he's scared of him. Besides, this whole Riad thing also sounds a bit like conspiracy theory territory again, so maybe Axl believes that the authorities you mentioned wouldn't do anything anyway or would be powerless to do anything.

I thought 'Civil War' was a song against war. If it's actually a song written for someone who profits off war then I don't wanna hear it.

Michelle Young and this guy can't be compared. One is a friend, the other a supposed criminal.

I didn't know CD is a political album.... I mean, I know what you're talking about but most of those lyrics don't sound political to me.

Funny he finds inspiration for this "political matters" outside his country when his country is one of the main ones involved in the suffering of this world, not to mention wars. So little self-criticism :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yes you guys haven't come up with any funny new Slaxl theories in a while :max:

I know. We are horrible, horrible fans :max:

But I might have one theory :ph34r:. It also explains Axl's hair problem. It is believed that real soulmates somehow look alike over time. And what member of GNR has curly hair? Hmmm... So Axl's curly hair may be a result of him subconsciously trying to resemble his one and only in the band :smiley-confused2:

Let's all be glad his soulmate is not Frank :unsure:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I thought 'Civil War' was a song against war. If it's actually a song written for someone who profits off war then I don't wanna hear it.

Michelle Young and this guy can't be compared. One is a friend, the other a supposed criminal.

I didn't know CD is a political album.... I mean, I know what you're talking about but most of those lyrics don't sound political to me.

Funny he finds inspiration for this "political matters" outside his country when his country is one of the main ones involved in the suffering of this world, not to mention wars. So little self-criticism :rolleyes:

It is a song against war, but it describes people like Riad in it. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

And just read that long ass essay Axl put there into the booklet. It's all about the Chinese government, oppressive political systems, the future of the world, and so forth. That's the longest Axl ramble in the entire booklet and I don't think it's there by coincidence.

14 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I know. We are horrible, horrible fans :max:

But I might have one theory :ph34r:. It also explains Axl's hair problem. It is believed that real soulmates somehow look alike over time. And what member of GNR has curly hair? Hmmm... So Axl's curly hair may be a result of him subconsciously trying to resemble his one and only in the band :smiley-confused2:

Let's all be glad his soulmate is not Frank :unsure:

LOL. I've heard the same thing about dogs and their owners. :lol:

There's only one problem with your theory: Slash specifically denied being Axl's soul mate in his book :max:

(But how hilarious is it that he actually felt the need to do that? :rofl-lol:)

 

 

Edited by Frey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George Harrison is the one who lucked out with Civil War in the end ey?

He rang Axl and asked him to donate a song to his Romanian orphans album and he got a fucking corker right there! 

A cool way for that song to end up. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
Drunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

Axl's sounding good tonight.:headbang:

Yes, he does. I'm really gonna miss Axl DC :cry:

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't think anyone here likes Axl no more haha :P

I do like him :max:.

:heart:

3 minutes ago, Frey said:

LOL. I've heard the same thing about dogs and their owners. :lol:

There's only one problem with your theory: Slash specifically denied being Axl's soul mate in his book :max:

(But how hilarious is it that he actually felt the need to do that? :rofl-lol:)

So....Slash is a dog and Axl is the owner? :ph34r:

Tsss, Slash can deny whatever he wants, but he can't hide from the truth :max:. So there's absolutely no problem with my theory :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't think anyone here likes Axl no more haha :P

Funny isn't it, just when I start to get to like him, you lot start to dislike him.:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

Funny isn't it, just when I start to get to like him, you lot start to dislike him.:lol:

Haha, he's back at square one, hated. Maybe he should just retire. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stumbled upon some couple's very low-budget cosplaying as Slash and Axl, and they were kissing. Gotta wonder if the pair that Slash got stuck in the hotel room looked anything like them :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's human nature, isn't it? To know that people are talking about you and you can see what they're saying, you would look wouldn't you? 

I don't see how TB could block Axl from the Internet, he has a phone with Internet access, so I would have thought he can google himself all he wants. Unless they don't let him have data :lol:

I bet he's on here as much as we are, under a username we won't suspect, cos you can only read 25 threads a day without signing in lol 

Yeah, I think it's super tempting to look, LOL. :D I'd actually be very surprised if Axl (and other GnR-related people) were NOT here, and keeping their identities completely on the down-low (he could always have another screen name other than the Dexter one).

I don't think TB blocks Axl from the Internet at all. If anything, GnR have a social media manager just like other celebrities, but that's intended to keep cupcakes under control; not bar the celebs from the Internet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Here's some more interesting stuff from the alternate CD booklets:

Axl's thoughts on China and the future. A classic example of Axl speak, but he's not wrong. And I can see how the situation for people in China would resonate with him in particular, considering he's always been very paranoid concerned about the police, his freedom to do what he wants, etc.

CDChiDemRedHand16.JPG

 

I feel like I've seen this on Slash's Instagram :lol::facepalm:

CDChiDemRedHand33.JPG

 

Axl has this one hanging on the wall in his house :rolleyes:

http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemRedHand29.JPG

 

@killuridols  This is the story about Erin's brother-in-law Riad that @Frey mentioned earlier. I remember Axl also talked about this Riad guy in an interview or something once, saying much the same things he says here. Civil War being written at his request is also mentioned here. If what Axl says is true and the guy (Riad I mean) is not just an insane liar, then I could see how having someone like that in your family could leave you a bit shaken and paranoid.

CDChiDemRedHand37.JPG

This is the same story in the other alternate booklet.

What's interesting to me hear is the "Don't ask, don't tell" part. From what I understand, DADT used to be a policy in the US military about gay people in the military being prohibited from revealing their sexual orientation and in turn not getting asked about their sexual orientation by superiors.

Hence the picture of the two kissing soldiers there.

I'm not sure what I should read into that, but it's definitely an interesting (and kind of surprising) choice for Axl to put that into one of the CD booklets.

CDChiDemGrenade18.JPG

 

There's lots more I could comment on, but don't have time right now.

Honestly though, I'm sad Axl never got to talk about the lyrics of CD and the artwork and everything else in more depth.

Wether you like CD or not, I think it's clear he put a lot of thought into that album and everything surrounding it, and I would have loved to hear them.

 

Link to all the artwork from the Red Hand version of CD: http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemRedHand.html

Link to all the artwork from the Grenade version of CD: http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemGrenade.html

 

 

 

Ack, WHY don't I have one of those alternate booklets? Mine just has lyrics and thank yous from the band members...boring...

 

In terms of "Don't ask, Don't tell," it doesn't apply anymore; I am not sure if it was overridden by the time CD came out, but it was some time during the Obama administration. Now gay and lesbian military can serve openly.

There's another saying associated with organized crime, though: "ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies." Given the Rhiad story it could have something to do with that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×