GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Wow, great job!! Thank you :hug:

First thing to have a clue about this song is that there is a demo from 1999 (that I like so much better than the album version) which means the lyrics were written prior to that, which definitely puts us in a timeframe were he was still involved in lawsuits and problems with Erin, Stephanie and the band.

I think many verses are about Erin, others about Stephanie and others about either Slash or the whole band. Just like when he explained what "Estranged" is about, I'm guessing that's the approach he took here too, some lines are about one person but they can also be applied to a lot other people or similar situations.

Yeah, all these institutions he mentions are something very familiar to him :lol: Maybe when he says "gonna call the president, gonna call the fbi" it could be something these women said? Most probably Stephanie, she was the one with the big lawyers and shit.

Ive got curious about what you said that he spied on or harassed Erin for many years after the break up. What information do you have on that? I never read or heard anything about it.

You also mention the Oklahoma song and I sometimes wonder if IRS isn't actually that song?? According to him, this was written after he had to face Erin in court, so these lyrics fit a bit but I don't know. I'm sure he still has a pile of songs about Erin and Steph sleeping in his vault :lol:

Yes, the thought that IRS actually is Oklahoma crossed my mind as well while writing that.

What I meant by Axl harrassing and spying on Erin is the stuff Erin said about Axl finding out her number and calling her after they'd already broken up, or Axl finding out where she lived after she'd just moved to a new place and then she had to immediately move again. He was basically stalking her, going by her descriptions.

11 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Use Your imagination :rolleyes:

355836a9-f739-42d7-81e4-272d39fd0201.jpg

Just how many Sluff kissing pictures are there?

I feel like I've seen at least 10 different pictures of Slash and Duff kissing/making out with each other (or at least looking like they are) throughout the course of this thread :scared::rofl-lol:

Seems like you girls are so blinded by your Slaxl love that you're missing out on the real couple here :awesomeface:

Edited by Frey

1 minute ago, Frey said:

Yes, the thought that IRS actually is Oklahoma crossed my mind as well while writing that.

What I meant by Axl harrassing and spying on Erin is the stuff Erin said about Axl finding out her number and calling her after they'd already broken up, or Axl finding out where she lived after she'd just moved to a new place and then she had to immediately move again. He was basically stalking her, going by her descriptions.

I wonder if he knows where she lives now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kara said:

That's what I'm thinking too because didn't she sell off his breakup letters a few years back? Like seriously, how hard up are you? Not to mention the way she teamed up with Stephanie all for the cash! And there's a lot of fans rooting for a reconciliation. I'm over here like WHY??!!

Erin did not "team up" with Stephanie. She was subpoenad by Stephanie and as one of Erin's recent posts on her Instagram made clear, she resents Stephanie for doing that to her.

This whole Erin and Axl thing is not as simple and straight-forward as some people here like to paint it as :rolleyes: Reality rarely ever is like that. And if anyone should get criticized in this whole drama, it's Axl, and not the young girl who was in over her head with the entire situation and left a mess by the experience.

13 hours ago, Frey said:

I haven't listened to that song in ages, give me some time to listen to it again and think about it lol

?? That's not a very specific question. There are a million things about Axl and Erin that have been discussed throughout this thread. I remember there was a lot of Erin talk especially in the beginning of the thread if you want to read up on that.

Anyway, since we had a lot of Izzy and Axl drama recently, look at what I came across. It's a post from the gnfnr forum, but still.

"Last night @axlrose tweeted: "Happy Birthday Izzy. I still love you," but he has since deleted the tweet. Why?"

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/22156-axls-deleted-tweet/

Anyone remember this?

Did Axl really tell Izzy "I still love you" on twitter? Seems a bit too personal for Axl.

And why "still"? What did Izzy do to piss Axl off in 2013? :lol:

57 minutes ago, Frey said:

No, I think it's true.

GNFNR is a forum full of cupcakes, but they do have actual, serious threads too and discuss shit that is actually happening.

What makes me think this is true is that it wasn't brought up in trolish for the lolz sort of way with the focus being on the message, but rather by simply asking why Axl had deleted that tweet. Thread title was "Axl's deleted tweet".

The thread descended into the usual bullshit and bickering very quickly, but I think the original question was genuine.

Yes, I clicked on the link and it seems like a genuine question to me as well, even considering the source.

Was no one here around in 2013 when this allegedly happened? @MillionsOfSpiders? @stella? Or the resident Izzy experts here? @Jane M.?  Anyone else? I've been a member of this board for a long time, but I missed a couple of years of the drama and I think this might have been one of them.

If this is true, then I think it's sweet of Axl to tell Izzy that he loves him lol.

Though I also wonder why he would be saying "I still love you". There's more drama between these two than in a Shakespear play :rofl-lol::facepalm:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

Ah, ok. I didn't look at it that way because they have/had lots of people/friends in common so he could have got the info from any of them and I don't see that as stalkerish, lol, but you Americans (sorry I have to assume you're from the US) are very paranoid about all that and have all sort of legal names to things that for me are very normal :lol:

If you think about it, that seems to be the way Axl operates with everyone. He asks someone else to get someone's number: he had Del tracking down Stephanie after seeing her in the cover of a magazine and recently he had Fernando getting Slash's number to invite him for dinner.

Kinda weird he didn't ask Duff for Slash phone :question:

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Kinda weird he didn't ask Duff for Slash phone :question:

I guess it's because he didn't want Duff to triangulate their interaction and wanted to talk to Slash on his own term even if Duff has both Axl and Slash's best interest in mind

5 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Erin did not "team up" with Stephanie. She was subpoenad by Stephanie and as one of Erin's recent posts on her Instagram made clear, she resents Stephanie for doing that to her.

This whole Erin and Axl thing is not as simple and straight-forward as some people here like to paint it as :rolleyes: Reality rarely ever is like that. And if anyone should get criticized in this whole drama, it's Axl, and not the young girl who was in over her head with the entire situation and left a mess by the experience.

Exactly.

Seems like a lot of people don't understand the meaning of subpoena and its implications if not followed by.

Yeah, Axl ruined it in both cases with the way he was. Erin wanting cash? :facepalm:

SHE paid for the apartment where they lived together. She met him and fall in love with him when he didn't have one buck on his pockets. Spent long 6 years supporting him, bearing with all the cheating and the violence and finally, with all the crap Axl and Stephanie put her through.

Erin didn't get anything from Axl's fortune. Please someone name all the mansions, cars, jewels and loads of money she got from him :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Nice interpretations of IRS, @Frey and @giuls. I guess people here would like it to be either about Erin or about Slaxl (and to some both would do :awesomeface:) and no one would like it to be about Stephanie :rolleyes:, but it could be. I think it's more likely about a woman, either Stephanie (I'm inclined to that) or Erin, or maybe both.

As for the picture of soldiers kissing, I would like to believe :lol:, but I think it's more a "I'm not homophobic" statement than anything else.

And something about the Riad guy: my guess is that he was a nutcase or just full of shit, because people who really are involved in this kind of things don't talk about it to anyone, be it their brother-in-law (or whatever Axl was to him). Why Axl believed his stories, is another matter.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Nice interpretations of IRS, @Frey and @giuls. I guess people here would like it to be either about Erin or about Slaxl (and to some both would do :awesomeface:) and no one would like it to be about Stephanie :rolleyes:, but it could be. I think it's more likely about a woman, either Stephanie (I'm inclined to that) or Erin, or maybe both.

Yes, i agree is mainly about Stephanie but i can see a little Slash slithering in there, if only a bit, you know, the "i tried everything to make you stay but you didn't and now i'm pissed/bitter" deal can apply to him too :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, giuls said:

Yes, i agree is mainly about Stephanie but i can see a little Slash slithering in there, if only a bit, you know, the "i tried everything to make you stay but you didn't and now i'm pissed/bitter" deal can apply to him too :lol:

To be fair, he tried that with the three of them.

He's smart (or not) in behaving exactly the same with every person he's involved with. That way we can't decipher his lyrics or confirm what the hell was going on :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

To be fair, he tried that with the three of them.

He's smart (or not) in behaving exactly the same with every person he's involved with. That way we can't decipher his lyrics or confirm what the hell was going on :lol:

Yeah, when it comes down to basic facts, it's the same situation with Erin, Slash and Stephanie:

All of them were younger than him, all of them were at some kind of disadvantage compared to him and he was an abusive asshole to all three of them as well. And when they were finally fed up with his bullshit and left him, he fell into a pit of despair and was all "woe is me, no one loves me, everyone leaves me" about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

As for the picture of soldiers kissing, I would like to believe :lol:, but I think it's more a "I'm not homophobic" statement than anything else.

And something about the Riad guy: my guess is that he was a nutcase or just full of shit, because people who really are involved in this kind of things don't talk about it to anyone, be it their brother-in-law (or whatever Axl was to him). Why Axl believed his stories, is another matter.

I don't know about you guys, but I think that if someone actually hires someone to "sniff the air for evil spirits" or whatever that shit was about, it's not that far of a jump to believe in whatever some nutcase dude tells you he is, is it? And does he, really? I mean not that anyone of us could know for sure, but I think I read something he said about that Riad dude and my personal impression was that he thought he was, well, full of shit.

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Yes, I clicked on the link and it seems like a genuine question to me as well, even considering the source.

Was no one here around in 2013 when this allegedly happened? @MillionsOfSpiders? @stella? Or the resident Izzy experts here? @Jane M.?  Anyone else? I've been a member of this board for a long time, but I missed a couple of years of the drama and I think this might have been one of them.

If this is true, then I think it's sweet of Axl to tell Izzy that he loves him lol.

Though I also wonder why he would be saying "I still love you". There's more drama between these two than in a Shakespear play :rofl-lol::facepalm:

I was actively reading this forum 2013 but don't recall that being discussed here (was it?). I don't own a Twitter account so am not aware of any tweets unless someone highlighted about it here. Very interesting hmmm...

didn't he allegedly "get hacked" or something around then? or am i way out here? cos i remember at some point some tour was "canceled" via twitter but it really wasn't n they were all like AH NO HE GOT HACKED!!! or smth?

really don't trust me on that one tho cos i'm like 90% sure i've got it all mixed up and one thing happened one year and than the other thing did or did not happen another

sounds interesting tho... what does the original thread about it say? 

2010 when Axl fucked it all up at Reading/Leeds festival. He came on late at Reading, they pulled the plug like they said they would. So Axl ranted on Twitter about it and said he wouldn't be doing the second show of the festival at Leeds the week after.

The GNR camp said he was hacked and deleted it. Lol. 

He played Leeds. But his rep in the UK took yet another knock, he always fucks up here :lol:

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I wasn't around and I never saw that tweet. :shrugs:

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

I checked the social media thread tweets from 2013, there are no tweets regarding the Izzy matter and no one discussed anything regarding it, so well weird....

My guess is it never happened. I mean, we know those guys do weird stuff from time to time, but a tweet like that just seems too off

1 minute ago, john lennon said:

My guess is it never happened. I mean, we know those guys do weird stuff from time to time, but a tweet like that just seems too off

There was another tweet which was supposedly deleted when Slash, Duff and Gilby went to South America for shows and supposedly Axl had tweeted "Don't Cry 4 me Argentina" or something like that.