GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

Just now, Slash787 said:

There was another tweet which was supposedly deleted when Slash, Duff and Gilby went to South America for shows and supposedly Axl had tweeted "Don't Cry 4 me Argentina" or something like that. 

And that was around the same time or? God this is confusing

4 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Erin did not "team up" with Stephanie. She was subpoenad by Stephanie and as one of Erin's recent posts on her Instagram made clear, she resents Stephanie for doing that to her.

This whole Erin and Axl thing is not as simple and straight-forward as some people here like to paint it as :rolleyes: Reality rarely ever is like that. And if anyone should get criticized in this whole drama, it's Axl, and not the young girl who was in over her head with the entire situation and left a mess by the experience.

Maybe I shouldn't have phrased it the way I did. For that, I apologize to anyone I may have offended. I don't think she should've been put in that position and don't even get me started on Stephanie. 

Not once did I say Axl was a perfect angel in this thing. I'm sure there are things he did to hurt her throughout their relationship. But that's just it. Why is she randomly posting about him and talking about how much she loves him if he was such the monster she claimed him to be back then? Maybe things weren't as bad as she said they were is all I'm saying. And that's what I was "confused" about.

It really is a shame things didn't work out better for the two of them because I can see there was genuine love there. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

2010 when Axl fucked it all up at Reading/Leeds festival. He came on late at Reading, they pulled the plug like they said they would. So Axl ranted on Twitter about it and said he wouldn't be doing the second show of the festival at Leeds the week after.

The GNR camp said he was hacked and deleted it. Lol. 

He played Leeds. But his rep in the UK took yet another knock, he always fucks up here :lol:

Thanks for explaining lol. What a ridiculous story.

28 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I checked the social media thread tweets from 2013, there are no tweets regarding the Izzy matter and no one discussed anything regarding it, so well weird....

Weird, but thanks for checking.

Maybe it's because Axl deleted the tweet so quickly? But usually the GNR fandom still catches deleted tweets, see Izzygate :lol:

1 hour ago, john lennon said:

sounds interesting tho... what does the original thread about it say? 

Well the original poster asked why Axl had deleted his tweet and the replies basically were

- because he's crazy

- who cares

- because he got hacked by Slash

- because he was drunk when he tweeted that

- because tweets were too impersonal

Then the thread descended into irrelevant madness.

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/22156-axls-deleted-tweet/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

There was another tweet which was supposedly deleted when Slash, Duff and Gilby went to South America for shows and supposedly Axl had tweeted "Don't Cry 4 me Argentina" or something like that. 

Hahaha really? That's the first time I've heard of that.

But it totally sounds like something Axl would do. It's the kind of bitchy, sarcastic comment he would make.

Edited by Frey

4 hours ago, Frey said:

Yeah, when it comes down to basic facts, it's the same situation with Erin, Slash and Stephanie:

All of them were younger than him, all of them were at some kind of disadvantage compared to him and he was an abusive asshole to all three of them as well. And when they were finally fed up with his bullshit and left him, he fell into a pit of despair and was all "woe is me, no one loves me, everyone leaves me" about it.

You sound familiar Frey. That's all Im gonna say :P

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

2010 when Axl fucked it all up at Reading/Leeds festival. He came on late at Reading, they pulled the plug like they said they would. So Axl ranted on Twitter about it and said he wouldn't be doing the second show of the festival at Leeds the week after.

The GNR camp said he was hacked and deleted it. Lol. 

He played Leeds. But his rep in the UK took yet another knock, he always fucks up here :lol:

:rofl-lol:

I follow Axl almost since the very day he opened his Twitter account and I never heard or read about that Izzy tweet, that's why I say its bullshit. And there are only 3 instances when Axl deleted his tweets:

1) The time he said he wasn't going to play that show, as @MillionsOfSpiders explained above.

2) When he posted a picture of old testicles

3) When he was bitter about Slash, Duff & Gilby coming to Argentina and there were huge rumors of Axl showing up on that show too. This was in early March 2015.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frey said:

Hahaha really? That's the first time I've heard of that.

But it totally sounds like something Axl would do. It's the kind of bitchy, sarcastic comment he would make.

There was a screenshot of the tweet somewhere

@john lennon it was last year in March when they went to South America. 

A guy/journalist named Mitch Lafon said that even Axl would be there and the illusions lineup reunion is happening, that time we thought its all bullshit and no way Axl and Slash can be on the same stage. 

But well Axl was not there and even Matt was not there. Only Slash, Duff and Gilby. 

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:rofl-lol:

I follow Axl almost since the very day he opened his Twitter account and I never heard or read about that Izzy tweet, that's why I say its bullshit. And there are only 3 instances when Axl deleted his tweets:

1) The time he said he wasn't going to play that show, as @MillionsOfSpiders explained above.

2) When he posted a picture of old testicles

3) When he was bitter about Slash, Duff & Gilby coming to Argentina and there were huge rumors of Axl showing up on that show too. This was in early March 2015.

...what? why? when? 

@Slash787 the izzy tweet?

oh never mind

i'm just totally lost as usual

1 minute ago, john lennon said:

oh

that sounds quite fun tho

yeah, it was a joke obviously but someone must have told him that it was in poor taste too so he deleted it.

Besides, people started asking him if those were his balls :facepalm:

Edited by killuridols

25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

@MillionsOfSpidersI follow Axl almost since the very day he opened his Twitter account and I never heard or read about that Izzy tweet, that's why I say its bullshit.

What a mysterious statement :ph34r:

I don't know, it seemed like multiple people had seen it there. And the question was asked by the forum admin I think (which doesn't mean much, considering that place, but still), and he was annoyed by someone only contributing "who cares" instead of answering the question. That whole "who cares" exchange and the other "because Axl is fucking crazy" type answers seemed rather realistic and believable.

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

yeah, it was a joke obviously but someone must have told him that it was in poor taste too so he deleted it.

Besides, people started asking him if those were his balls :facepalm:

Knowing Axl, they probably were his balls :scared:

Edited by Frey

1 minute ago, Frey said:

What a mysterious statement :ph34r:

I don't know, it seemed like multiple people had seen it there. And the question was asked by the forum admin I think (which doesn't mean much, considering that place, but still), and he was annoyed by someone only contributing "who cares" instead of answering the question. That whole "who cares" exchange and the other "because Axl is fucking crazy" type answers seemed rather realistic and believable.

Knowing Axl, they probably were his balls :scared:

haha yeah ;):P:ph34r:

No, I'm 99% sure that tweet never existed. The other ones being discussed here DID exist. I saw them with my own eyes and I know you trust me ;)

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It was a paper with a drawing of a male chicken, it had a hole where someone stuck their testicles, so the balls looked like the wattle of the chicken :facepalm:

Why, Axl, i'm between :rofl-lol: and :facepalm: because you know how something is so in bad taste you laugh? exactly

The "don cry for me, Argentina" tweet was hilarious, thou, great passive-aggressiveness

57 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

There was a screenshot of the tweet somewhere

it was last year in March when they went to South America. 

A guy/journalist named Mitch Lafon said that even Axl would be there and the illusions lineup reunion is happening, that time we thought its all bullshit and no way Axl and Slash can be on the same stage. 

But well Axl was not there and even Matt was not there. Only Slash, Duff and Gilby. 

Now that we know the reunion was at works at that time and Axl said he called Slash in spring, I wonder why he was bitter, if it was about them doing a semi-reunion or if he was just sarcastic about the journalist and then he deleted the tweet because it would cause misunderstanding.

Edited by Blackstar

33 minutes ago, giuls said:

Why, Axl, i'm between :rofl-lol: and :facepalm: because you know how something is so in bad taste you laugh? exactly

The "don cry for me, Argentina" tweet was hilarious, thou, great passive-aggressiveness

haha yeah, and he didnt have a lot of tweets so his account really looked bad with that.

Yup, I remember he tweeted around 5 or 6am my time and I was like "who the fuck is ringing my phone at this hour?? :anger:" so I got up from bed and went to check.

There I found it was him tweeting that about Argentina and I tried to follow the link because i think there was a link but since my phone is old and slow, when I got to open Twitter the message was gone :/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I guess he was just making fun of the "rumors" as by that time things had cooled down between him and Slash

Yes, probably. It would be funny if it turns out it was exactly then when he called Slash.

Slash's phone ringing.

Slash: Yeah?

Axl: I heard I would play there with you but I didn't get an invitation.

Slash: ... (wtf, Axl?!)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

haha yeah, and he didnt have a lot of tweets so his account really looked bad with that.

Yup, I remember he tweeted around 5 or 6am my time and I was like "who the fuck is ringing my phone at this hour?? :anger:" so I got up from bed and went to check.

There I found it was him tweeting that about Argentina and I tried to follow the link because i think there was a link but since my phone is old and slow, when I got to open Twitter the message was gone :/

Whaaaaat? The 'Don't cry 4 me Argentina' tweet was real?? That's great! I always thought it was fan fiction. The other two I saw with my own eyes (the one with the turkey balls I would say unfortunately) but the Argentina one, I thought it never existed. LOL Axl, why the passive agressiveness? 

The best part was: the moment they got Gilby and Duff on stage, crowd started chanting 'GUNS N' ROSES, GUNS N' ROSES' and a passive agressive Slash said 'You need to get that out of your system' or something. One year later the bitches were playing Coachella. :shrugs: Not in this Lifetime, yeah right :wub:

• Like 3