GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

49 minutes ago, killuridols said:

According to Blabbermouth, Hoobastank were approached by "Axl's people" in 2002 to open for nuGN'R, and the Hoobastank talking shit about VR/Scott was in 2005.

He likes them because he likes shitty music too. Months ago I listened to something he said he was listening to, in the 80's, and it was utter shit so... :tongue2:

All those lyrics make sense to me, with the timing of things going on, from 1998 until 2006, Axl was not in his best state of mind. Cancelled tours, the new lineup not well received and other problems. He was depressed and lost in how to carry on with his life and band.

Yes, the lyrics seem to be the most important criterion for Axl to like a band or a song. I remember him saying he didn't like U2 until he listened to "One" and identified with the lyrics.

As for his musical preferences in general, there is stuff I like too and other I don't. For example I don't like much his biggest idols, Queen and Elton John (it's not that I don't consider them great artists, they just are not of my taste), nu metal, WASP (meh) and these Hoobastank guys, but I like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, NIN, Devo and of course The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, New York Dolls etc.

31 minutes ago, killuridols said:

oh yeah I noticed that yesterday or the day before...

Maybe it is better for her or something bad is going on :shrugs:

Axl's Wikipedia profile has been heavily edited and his marital status was wiped out, along with a lot of other information there was there before :rolleyes:

Also, Amy Bailey was promoted to "sister", while Stewart remains a "half-brother" :ph34r:

Axl's wikipedia profile has changed since a while. The excuse on the profile's discussion page for omitting anything related to his personal life, marriage etc is that he's a living person and this is sensitive stuff :question:

Edited by Blackstar

34 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I dunno, but I commented on the AXL/DC thread that Axl was looking a little worn last night, he looked to me as if something is niggling him. Probably me imagining things :shrugs:

Perhaps Erin removed those posts because I had a look not long ago and like you say, biscuits, biscuits everywhere! 

It would be my guess, yes, that if stuff is missing from her page, it's either been deleted or filtered to a smaller audience. Unfortunately anything she writes or posts is going to be subjected to endless conjecture, gossip and analysis if it can be even remotely connected in any way to GnR or Axl. Better for her to keep access to that stuff restricted to people she actually knows and trusts, IMHO. Even more so if people are going to be assholes and harass her or make shitty comments on her social media.

Edited by stella

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

There was no in particular video, it's just an overall impression I got of him last night. Also, a couple of reviews i read on the AC/DC forum said Axl was very quiet for him at MSG and hardly any interaction with the other band members. 

I don't know about last night's show; from the videos I watched I didn't see anything strange :question:

As for the MSG show, although he wasn't very talkative, he seemed to be in a very good mood and there was that cute little moment with Angus at the end of Highway To Hell.

The only difference I noticed in these two shows is that he didn't take off his hats at all :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They've also imo been monitoring Instagram, for a few weeks. I touched on it she talking to Frey, that they're all over IG at the min cos there's something they don't want Axl to see. And I think he got sneaky and has been on it :lol: and that's freaked them out. 

I know that sounds bad lol but it's possible.

wait... what? I didn't understand that part! :wow:

Who talks to Frey? Who is sneaky? who's freaking out?

I am freaking out!!! :scared:

LOL

21 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

There was no in particular video, it's just an overall impression I got of him last night. Also, a couple of reviews i read on the AC/DC forum said Axl was very quiet for him at MSG and hardly any interaction with the other band members.

hmm.. I don't know what to tell you. To me, the whole US leg of the tour has been pretty boring :shrugs:

Not sure if its the venues or me falling out of the novelty that it was in the beginning. I think the MSG show was great, singing wise, but nothing out of the ordinary as a performance. Axl always kept his place behind Angus.

He did way more talking in Europe, I know that.... but I'm not sure if he's talked at other USA shows that much. Truth be told, I havent watched that many videos of the shows because I got bored after the first one.

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, the lyrics seem to be the most important criterion for Axl to like a band or a song. I remember him saying he didn't like U2 until he listened to "One" and identified with the lyrics.

As for his musical preferences in general, there is stuff I like too and other I don't. For example I don't like much his biggest idols, Queen and Elton John (it's not that I don't consider them great artists, they are just not of my taste), nu metal, WASP (meh) and these Hoobastank guys, but I like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, NIN, Devo and of course The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, New York Dolls etc.

Axl's wikipedia profile has changed since a while. The excuse on the profile's discussion page for omitting anything related to his personal life, marriage etc is that he's a living person and this is sensitive stuff :question:

Yeah, same here with the musical taste topic.

The excuse? Where was this excuse given? lol marital status is not sensitive information :lol: what are they on? :facepalm:

15 minutes ago, stella said:

Well, since anyone can change Wikipedia and it's not really a reliable source for anything, I wouldn't put too much into it.

This is not the case.

His profile is featuring a lock icon and if you put your mouse on it, it says: This article is semi-protected until February 15, 2018

Semi-protection on Wikipidia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Protection_policy#semi

Semi-protection prevents editing by unregistered contributors and contributors with accounts that are not confirmed.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know about last night's show; from the videos I watched I didn't see anything strange :question:

As for the MSG show, although he wasn't very talkative, he seemed to be in a very good mood and there was that cute little moment with Angus at the end of Highway To Hell.

The only difference I noticed in these two shows is that he didn't take off his hats at all :rolleyes:

He just looked a lot more worn out to me. I've not watched any vids for a while, and I just noticed a little difference in him. Maybe he's tired and needs a break. He didn't sing as well at MSG too, so could be all the travel and stresses of touring are telling. 

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

@Andy14 will have to face me and respond some questions tomorrow :max:

-----

According to Blabbermouth, Hoobastank were approached by "Axl's people" in 2002 to open for nuGN'R, and the Hoobastank talking shit about VR/Scott was in 2005.

He likes them because he likes shitty music too. Months ago I listened to something he said he was listening to, in the 80's, and it was utter shit so... :tongue2:

All those lyrics make sense to me, with the timing of things going on, from 1998 until 2006, Axl was not in his best state of mind. Cancelled tours, the new lineup not well received and other problems. He was depressed and lost in how to carry on with his life and band.

------

oh I didn't check today :o

May be the biscuits harassing her again :rolleyes:

Okay, so he liked Hoobastank before the VR thing. Must like the lyrics/music then :P

But yeah, I can see why these lyrics would appeal to him too.

48 minutes ago, killuridols said:

oh yeah I noticed that yesterday or the day before...

Maybe it is better for her or something bad is going on :shrugs:

Axl's Wikipedia profile has been heavily edited and his marital status was wiped out, along with a lot of other information there was there before :rolleyes:

Also, Amy Bailey was promoted to "sister", while Stewart remains a "half-brother" :ph34r:

Well well well... :rolleyes::facepalm:

Interesting about Amy and Stu. I remember we were discussing this issue some time ago and there were some good arguments for this actually being true. Wonder if the page was updated by someone who actually knows though or by someone who just read our thread or some random fanpage. Or by someone who has some kind of agenda for doing that.

The semi-protection thing... does that really mean much though? I mean even I registered for wikipedia a long time ago, so I guess technically I could just pust some random bullshit on his wikipedia page too?

25 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They've also imo been monitoring Instagram, for a few weeks. I touched on it when talking to Frey, that they're all over IG at the min cos there's something they don't want Axl to see. And I think he got sneaky and has been on it :lol: and that's freaked them out. 

I know that sounds bad lol but it's possible.

I would believe it. I wouldn't put anything past them.

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

As for his musical preferences in general, there is stuff I like too and other I don't. For example I don't like much his biggest idols, Queen and Elton John (it's not that I don't consider them great artists, they just are not of my taste), nu metal, WASP (meh) and these Hoobastank guys, but I like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, NIN, Devo and of course The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, New York Dolls etc.

As opposed to the millions of other living persons on wikipedia that have their personal lifes on there? I smell bullshit.

19 minutes ago, stella said:

Well, since anyone can change Wikipedia and it's not really a reliable source for anything, I wouldn't put too much into it.

That's true (though there is the thing @killuridols mentioned apparently), but his wikipedia page being changed now (and concerning mostly his private relationships for no reason that actually makes sense) in combination with Erin deleting all her Axl related posts (even her Slash related ones) and TB and biscuits being really active recently (plus Axl maybe seeming not his usual self)... all of it together seems kind of fishy.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He just looked a lot more worn out to me. I've not watched any vids for a while, and I just noticed a little difference in him. Maybe he's tired and needs a break. He didn't sing as well at MSG too, so could be all the travel and stresses of touring are telling. 

Don't forget the Izzy and Pitman thing going on recently...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Well well well... :rolleyes::facepalm:

Interesting about Amy and Stu. I remember we were discussing this issue some time ago and there were some good arguments for this actually being true. Wonder if the page was updated by someone who actually knows though or by someone who just read our thread or some random fanpage. Or by someone who has some kind of agenda for doing that.

The semi-protection thing... does that really mean much though? I mean even I registered for wikipedia a long time ago, so I guess technically I could just pust some random bullshit on his wikipedia page too?

That's true (though there is the thing @killuridols mentioned apparently), but his wikipedia page being changed now (and concerning mostly his private relationships for no reason that actually makes sense) in combination with Erin deleting all her Axl related posts (even her Slash related ones) and TB and biscuits being really active recently (plus Axl maybe seeming not his usual self)... all of it together seems kind of fishy.

I think it does because all these changes and semi-protection thing were not there before. And yes, you can be a registered user but you also have to be a confirmed one to be able to change his profile.

Semi-protection prevents editing by unregistered contributors and contributors with accounts that are not confirmed.

Which means someone is in charge of modifying his profile and that is an authorized person (or team of authorized users).

Now I have no idea why Amy was promoted to sister and Erin demoted from ex-wife, lol. It all sounds so fuckin' ridiculous... what are they trying to hide? That he once was married? Why and what for? Most of his fans KNOW the truth so really, if someone has a logical explanation to this it will be very welcome.

-------

@MillionsOfSpiders lol okay! Get some rest! and I liked your other avatar better ;)

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The excuse? Where was this excuse given? lol marital status is not sensitive information :lol: what are they on? :facepalm:

From the wikipedia talk page (the discussion between the contributors on the article) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Axl_Rose/Archive_2#Stripped.3F

Stripped?

This article seems to be stripped of a whole lot of information. Nothing on his relationships, some of his feuds, Erins miscarrage, and other notable things. Its only about early life, Look at You Game Girl, and Chinese Democracy.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 64.223.107.220 (talk) 18:30, 22 March 2007

This article was stripped because this is a biography of living person and as such, as editors, we must be held to a higher standard than other articles. The specific rules you need to read regarding this are found at WP:BLP. Blogs and personal web pages of fans and fan clubs are not acceptable to be used as sources for an encyclopedia article about a living person. If you need to learn what a reliable source is check out WP:RS for more information. I'd love to see this article expanded to include his relationships and other information, but not if it means we resort to using personal webpages of GNR fans as sources for our information. Vivaldi (talk) 06:02, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
Does someone has plans to rewrite it? It basically reads like a Guns N' Roses article filled only with information about the upcoming (or so they say) album, Chinese Democracy. It should be trimmed and just put basic information about his role in the band, and direct to the main article about GNR. Thief12 01:06, 12 May 2007 (UTC)
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

It definitely seems as if something is going on..And together with, as Andy says, the Izzy and Pitman thing..oh man, I hope he is ok, and weathering this possible storm.

Actually, looking at random celebrity pages, it seems as though there actually has been an effort made to remove personal relationships, etc. Madonna's page lists nothing about her family or relationships, either. Duff's page does have his marriage, but very deliberately does not have the names of his kids.

The part from the discussion page on Axl's Wikipedia is from 2007...

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

From the wikipedia talk page (the discussion between the contributors on the article) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Axl_Rose/Archive_2#Stripped.3F

Stripped?

This article seems to be stripped of a whole lot of information. Nothing on his relationships, some of his feuds, Erins miscarrage, and other notable things. Its only about early life, Look at You Game Girl, and Chinese Democracy.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 64.223.107.220 (talk) 18:30, 22 March 2007

This article was stripped because this is a biography of living person and as such, as editors, we must be held to a higher standard than other articles. The specific rules you need to read regarding this are found at WP:BLP. Blogs and personal web pages of fans and fan clubs are not acceptable to be used as sources for an encyclopedia article about a living person. If you need to learn what a reliable source is check out WP:RS for more information. I'd love to see this article expanded to include his relationships and other information, but not if it means we resort to using personal webpages of GNR fans as sources for our information. Vivaldi (talk) 06:02, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
Does someone has plans to rewrite it? It basically reads like a Guns N' Roses article filled only with information about the upcoming (or so they say) album, Chinese Democracy. It should be trimmed and just put basic information about his role in the band, and direct to the main article about GNR. Thief12 01:06, 12 May 2007 (UTC)

WTF are they on? All of the shit they deleted is stuff that Axl has talked about himself in video and magazine interviews.

What else do they want as a source if not his own words? There aren't any academic journals or papers about Axl's personal life, so that's the best they're gonna get and it should be more than enough for freaking wikipedia.

(Meanwhile, the shit they added about Amy being his full sister and Stuart being his half-brother is something that we actually do not have proof of, even though we've speculated about it :rolleyes::facepalm:)

That excuse just screams bullshit.

• Like 1

The confirmed user are simply user that have 4 days of registration and 10 contributions to wikipedia, wiki can grant it but it's "reduntant" for people with autocertification (the 4 days and 10 cont. Thing) because they have the same privilige (editing protected pages as the Axl one) it is granted mostly for alt accounts as far as i saw in the request page, it isnt important.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:User_access_levels#Confirmed

I find more interesting that Erin cancelled her posts, did she something? Was it TB? Axl? Slash? I wonder

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Stripped?

:suspicious:

ok, its interesting someone's talking about it but those chats seem to be from 2007?

I don't think the heavy edition goes as far back as 2007. I check his Wikipedia not so regularly but I also don't spend years without checking it. I'm sure all the Erin info was removed recently.

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

ok, its interesting someone's talking about it but those chats seem to be from 2007?

I don't think the heavy edition goes as far back as 2007. I check his Wikipedia not so regularly but I also don't spend years without checking it. I'm sure all the Erin info was removed recently.

It was last edited two weeks ago. Says it at the bottom of the page. 

2 minutes ago, Frey said:
19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Stripped?

WTF are they on? All of the shit they deleted is stuff that Axl has talked about himself in video and magazine interviews.

What else do they want as a source if not his own words? There aren't any academic journals or papers about Axl's personal life, so that's the best they're gonna get and it should be more than enough for freaking wikipedia.

(Meanwhile, the shit they added about Amy being his full sister and Stuart being his half-brother is something that we actually do not have proof of, even though we've speculated about it :rolleyes::facepalm:)

That excuse just screams bullshit.

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Okay, I didn't see it was from 2007. My above post is irrelevant then (though their reasoning is still bullshit).

I agree with you that this must have been a recent change.

7 minutes ago, giuls said:

The confirmed user are simply user that have 4 days of registration and 10 contributions to wikipedia, wiki can grant it but it's "reduntant" for people with autocertification (the 4 days and 10 cont. Thing) because they have the same privilige (editing protected pages as the Axl one) it is granted mostly for alt accounts as far as i saw in the request page, it isnt important.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:User_access_levels#Confirmed

I find more interesting that Erin cancelled her posts, did she something? Was it TB? Axl? Slash? I wonder

In some situations, it is necessary for accounts to be exempted from the customary confirmation period. The 'confirmed' group contains the same rights as the 'autoconfirmed' pseudo-group, but can be granted by administrators as necessary. It is redundant to grant the right to an account that is already autoconfirmed, since the right provides the same abilities. To request this permission, see Wikipedia:Requests for permissions/Confirmed. See Special:ListUsers/confirmed for a list of the 456 confirmed users.

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, it's from 2007. It seems that there was a "battle" of additions and removals by users.

I checked it about a month ago and the Axl wikipedia article was as it is now; nothing about his personal life, except for health issues.

It can be found when the change was made on the article's history page: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Axl_Rose&action=history

It seems that the "Relationships" section was removed in April.

This is the page as it was on April 25 2016: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Axl_Rose&oldid=717111259

And this after it was revised on April 26: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Axl_Rose&direction=next&oldid=717111259

Edited by Blackstar

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It seems that the "Relationships" section was removed in April.

This is the page as it was on April 25 2016: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Axl_Rose&oldid=717111259

And this after it was revised on April 26: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Axl_Rose&direction=next&oldid=717111259

:wow:

wow great find Blackstar!!!!

at 13:25, 26 April 2016 (Relationships: removed pending an RfC which, at this point, appears to find this all to be celebrity gossip - a positive consensus is needed to restore this fluff)

I dont understand jack shit :o

whats RfC?? fluff??

Yes, @killuridols that's  why i said wiki can grant certification but it's not important because if you wait 4 days and  do 10 contributations after registration you yourself can edit Axl's page, it's literally in the passage you posted that confirmed accounts has the same priviliges that autoconfirmed aka editing semi protected pages and it's redundant for wiki to confirm an account with already the 4 days/10 contributions requirements.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

In some situations, it is necessary for accounts to be exempted from the customary confirmation period. The 'confirmed' group contains the same rights as the 'autoconfirmed' pseudo-group, but can be granted by administrators as necessary. It is redundant to grant the right to an account that is already autoconfirmed, since the right provides the same abilities. To request this permission, see Wikipedia:Requests for permissions/Confirmed. See Special:ListUsers/confirmed for a list of the 456 confirmed users.