GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

17 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Not as depressing as the main section, where if anyone dares to say they actually like Slash, Duff or Axl, then they are a blind follower with no brain. I don't bother reading that load of shit up there any more. 

What I've learnt - The true GNR fan can't stand Axl, Slash or Duff. If you do, you're their ass-kisser. :facepalm:

I'm glad I'm not a true fan then lol :headbang:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, giuls said:

But why lie low in regard of Slash and Meegan? Because, you're right, we're the only one that care with some of the tumblr fandom and The only times we talk about Erin it's when it's something that may regards to Axl, if she was afraid that  it may be attracting attention if she doesn't post about Axl that would be it, the only reaction i ever saw when it's only about Meegan and Erin was "Awwww, they're good friends!" and it's not something harmful. 

Meegan post mainly about Slash in regard of GNR, i never saw her posting a photo of Axl taken by her, there wasn't even a reaction when her youngest posted the "daddy" photo, even if she liked a Slash's photo we're the only one that would care, literally, i just googled to find out if some news outlet wrote about her Axl posts and i found nothing, the only one i found was her post against Seymour's son and that was only marginally about Axl so they would care even less about a liked Slash photo.

I don't really get why would you think she had to lay low, period, tbh.

That's the only reaction *you* saw, because you're normal and not an insane stalker...but that doesn't mean that there weren't more harmful fans, etc. out there who were bothering her on social media. That might not have happened, but it's certainly possible and that's a reason people have gone off social media in the past. There *are* people out there who sift through friends-lists and bother those who have been friended by celebs. And there are also people in the press who look at who comments on others' posts, if Erin's seemingly enough of a buddy of Slash that she's commenting or liking his stuff, someone will eventually take notice in the media and bring it up on a slow news day when they want to stir up shit. And then there's a whole can of worms opened.

At the end of the day it's Erin's business who she friends, and what she posts...she's been mostly silent and out of the public eye for the past 20+ years. The fact that *anyone* she doesn't know is paying attention to who she's friends with and what she's doing on social media might be a good enough reason for her to go under the radar.

Or something could have happened with her friendship with the GnR folks. If that's the case someone will gossip about it sooner or later.

Edited by stella

37 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Not as depressing as the main section, where if anyone dares to say they actually like Slash, Duff or Axl, then they are a blind follower with no brain. I don't bother reading that load of shit up there any more. 

I honestly wonder why the hell some of those posters are even here, since they seem to have extreme contempt and dislike for anything at all to do with the band and all its members. There are all things we dislike about GnR, probably, and we don't necessarily like every single person who's ever been a member...but why the hell do some of those posters hang out here when they can't stand ANYTHING to do with the band!?

• Like 3

@giuls I don't know if the unfollowing was recent or not. I noticed today because I got curious after reading that she had removed all Axl-related posts. 

I know that Slash unfollowing is not recent, it has been a few weeks already since I noticed that.

19 minutes ago, stella said:

That's the only reaction *you* saw, because you're normal and not an insane stalker...but that doesn't mean that there weren't more harmful fans, etc. out there who were bothering her on social media. That might not have happened, but it's certainly possible and that's a reason people have gone off social media in the past. There *are* people out there who sift through friends-lists and bother those who have been friended by celebs. And there are also people in the press who look at who comments on others' posts, if Erin's seemingly enough of a buddy of Slash that she's commenting or liking his stuff, someone will eventually take notice in the media and bring it up on a slow news day when they want to stir up shit. And then there's a whole can of worms opened.

At the end of the day it's Erin's business who she friends, and what she posts...she's been mostly silent and out of the public eye for the past 20+ years. The fact that *anyone* she doesn't know is paying attention to who she's friends with and what she's doing on social media might be a good enough reason for her to go under the radar.

Or something could have happened with her friendship with the GnR folks. If that's the case someone will gossip about it sooner or later.

Obiviously it's her business but then this whole thread doesn't have a reason to exist, we speculate like it's going out of style and naturally i'm going to talk about how i see thing, i actually hope they're still friends, like i said, they seemed such good friends but you speculated about the reason and i responded that your hypothesis didn't convince me, i keep reapeting myself but obviously this is all speculation, who knows, really :shrugs:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Awww, now thanks to Axls stories all I can think is - bet he pisses the bed soon after that pic :lol:

I wonder if it's Axl who's taking the pic 

Axl: "Hey Slash, give it 25 years and I'll be telling your piss stories to ACDC"

Slash: "Not in this lifetime, dude"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stella said:

I honestly wonder why the hell some of those posters are even here, since they seem to have extreme contempt and dislike for anything at all to do with the band and all its members. There are all things we dislike about GnR, probably, and we don't necessarily like every single person who's ever been a member...but why the hell do some of those posters hang out here when they can't stand ANYTHING to do with the band!?

Honestly, the ones that have been here forever and are negative I find quite amusing. At least they have some humour and they dont constantly drone on and on. Lately though, there are some, who if you so much as dare to say you like any of the band members will just unload a massive tirade of hate onto you :( that's what I don't like. Who are they to tell you who to like? Makes me boil lol

i have my own negativity when it comes to GNR, I express it and then I get over it. I don't try and belittle other people for liking something different to me. 

Thats why I can't read the main section at the moment. :shrugs:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

the last time i saw such a 'case' was with a young german actor couple. both on social media and from one day to another she removed everything with him, all pics, etc ... completely deleting him from her social life .. turned out that they had a seperation back then. But they did have a happy ending, still being married and having a lovely cute daugther :)

If Erin unfollowed Slash and Meegan + deleted all the pics of them too, then there is a huge possibilty that the friendship is over. Makes me especially sad for Meegan and Erin, as they seemed to have an almost life-long friendship ...

So Erin didn't just delete all her Axl/Slash/Meegan related stuff, but she also unfollowed Slash and Meegan?

Doesn't necessarily have to mean anything (they could still be texting over Whatsapp or whatever all the time), but it is eyebrow raising. I feel drama brewing.

8 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:
9 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

These articles actually have some interesting stories in them lol.

But for Hamilton there’s one story from the early days that really stands out to her.

She said “One day I was driving Guns N’ Roses to rehearsal in a friend of mine’s car who had kids.

“And there were Ernie and Bert [Sesame Street toys] in the back seat. 

“I said, ‘Don’t mess with his kids’ toys.’ The next thing I know, I’m driving along and I smell burning."

She continued: “Axl was in the front seat with me and I look back to see they’ve taken Ernie and Bert, tied guitar strings around their necks and have them smoking cigarettes while being dangled out the window.

“I was like, ‘You’ve got to be kidding me.’ I was so pissed.

“I mean now it’s funny but it wasn’t funny then.”

:lol::facepalm:

“One of the things I’m proud of is that at least none of the band members died on my watch,” he says, his voice slower now. “That took a lot of effort. The bottom line is, you have to help them fight the battle, but only they can win the war. Slash went cold turkey in my home one time. I cleaned the vomit from his mouth, made sure he got clean. Then as soon as he’s clean, he calls a car and goes straight to his dealer. That was the sort of thing you were dealing with. You’d call Slash, say: ‘Come into the office, you’ve got an interview with Guitar Player magazine’. There was no interview. He’d come in and you’d stick him in a car, fly him off to Hawaii and put him on a golf course where he couldn’t score. We’d do that sort of thing.

“I put Steven on a plane one night to go to Hawaii, and he’s sitting in first class yelling: ‘We’re all going to fucking die… the plane’s going to fucking crash…’ Of course, they invite Mr Adler to exit the plane at that point, and so he’s back into LA and he can get to his dealer and his dealer can get to him and we’re fucked all over again.”

This nearly makes me feel sorry for Alan Niven. Can't have been easy watching out for their asses.

“In no way was it minor,” says Alan Niven. “Firing a member of a band is a pain in the ass. It was incredibly painful and frustrating. I’ve got to confess I’m still capable of a flash of red hot anger with Steven at that.”

Adler’s own recollections of the moment are fractured, perhaps understandably given the state he was in. “Man, I was fucked up, and I have never denied that, I couldn’t really deny it because it was pretty fuckin’ obvious…” he says. “But I wasn’t the only one. I remember one day Slash called me to go to the studio and play Civil War, I think it was. I’d been given an opiate blocker by a doctor. I still had opiates in my system and it made me so sick. I must have tried, like, 20 times to play it, but I couldn’t. I was very weak and I didn’t have my timing. Slash and Duff were shouting at me and telling me I was fucked up.

Slash and Duff and Niven being pissed off at Steven. Clearly wasn't just Axl who couldn't deal with Steven anymore.

Before he’d even put down his bags, the hotel manager said to him, ‘So you’re playing tonight?’

“Am I?” he’d replied absentmindedly, thinking to himself: ‘Man, you know why I’m here, you booked the meeting room for me,’ and then he’d picked up his key, taken the lift to his suite and put some music on, loud enough to shake the jetlag. Next thing he knew, there was an angry guy from the next suite along at his door complaining and when he looked up he realised that the angry guy at the door was Axl Rose. They hadn’t played together for 13 years.

What? That's not the story Duff told.

Slash’s response is measured, guarded: “Well…” he says slowly, “I think that Axl’s always been difficult, but we managed. Because of the five individuals, and Alan, and Tom Zutaut, we managed to make it work. So you lose Steven, and then the Alan thing… I backed Alan all the way up to a certain point and then he did actually do something that set me off and I said: ‘I can’t fight for you any more’. But that was a volatile situation that was going to explode at some point. Alan wasn’t going to take Axl’s shit and Axl could not stand that, so it was a battle. I think in hindsight, although it wouldn’t have been any fun, but all we could have done differently was just to refuse Axl everything that he ever wanted. I don’t think it would have been very productive, but all things considered, what we ended up doing was going along with a lot of stuff just in order to be able to continue on, which built a monster. All I can see happening is that nothing would have happened, because it would have been at a standstill. I think we probably would have broken up a lot sooner. But I can’t support hiring Doug Goldstein as a manager. I knew that he was a creep from day one.”

Right. I'm sure that would have gone well. And while they were at it, they should have also taken Gene Simmons' advice and spanked him. :facepalm:

“Alan was somebody that I trusted, whereas I knew Doug was somebody that played both sides against the middle,” says Slash. “In other words, he’s telling me one thing, telling Axl another and appeasing Axl all the time. And I was aware of it, but at the same time, as long as shit was getting done I was okay. As long as we kept booking tours and I was sort of kept in the mix as far as the mechanics, that’s how we managed to get from 1990 to 1990-whatever. We had the world record for touring. Even when we lost Izzy because we had all those shows booked, I was just like, ‘Let’s keep going’.

“We make choices every day. With Use Your Illusion, Slash made a choice and I totally understood it, and to this day I don’t agree with it. One night, he and I were sitting alone in his house up in Laurel Canyon and he was really bemoaning what he thought Axl was doing to the band, and he was doing it in the context of the material he was writing. He felt it wasn’t Guns N’ Roses, he felt that he was being compromised by having to apply himself to it. He felt that one song of that kind of epic style might be appropriate, but so many? I looked at him and said: ‘You’ve got to express this’. And Slash looked at me and he said: ‘Listen, my father [an artist who designed album sleeves] has got a cupboard full of gold records, and he hasn’t got a pot to piss in.’ And that’s where he folded. From then on, Axl was in charge.”

That's some interesting insight into Slash's psyche here. Seems like he was terrified of ending up as a starving artist like his father.

And it also reminds me of something else Alan Niven said about Slash:

That Slash told him he was going to do whatever it takes as long as the money keeps rolling in (or maybe that's the same incident, only paraphrased?).

:shrugs:

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Frey said:

It seems that was Axl's side story, Interesting. 

2 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

There is video of it. Go to 5:56 of this one: 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

The article paraphrases Axl's side of the story. Duff's and Axl's versions don't collide, they are just each one's side of the story. Duff said he was informed by the receptionist that Axl was staying in the room next to his but he didn't do anything because he had a busy schedule. Then he got a call from Axl's manager and after he finished with his business meetings he knocked on Axl's door (someone from Axl's entourage tried to impede from getting in saying that Axl was taking a shower :lol:). Axl said he heard noise from the hallway and loud music from the next room and found out that the "annoying neighbor" was Duff. Then apparently he got his manager to call him.

3 hours ago, stella said:

I know! I've come across more than one member having declared they haven't listened to Guns in years - then why spend all your free time on a message board dedicated to a band that you don't listen to anymore? I can imagine a million other things I'd rather be doing or places I could share my thoughts with if I were in their shoes. All I ever hear is "well I've been here since the beginning of the forum" eh...I think it has to do with feeling some kind of status or position of self perceived power.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl also said in the TMS interview that he wasn't sure how "coincidental" Duff's room getting out next to his was...he seemed to think there was a conspiracy

But here's to that receptionist that was enough of a gnr fan to connect the two names and get them close again. 

Once again, Axl overthinking something :lol: Remeber contact lens incident :rolleyes:

Talk aout TMS interview, Anyone got the transcript N' full video?

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Frey said:

So Erin didn't just delete all her Axl/Slash/Meegan related stuff, but she also unfollowed Slash and Meegan?

Doesn't necessarily have to mean anything (they could still be texting over Whatsapp or whatever all the time), but it is eyebrow raising. I feel drama brewing.

It is weird, like whoever is interested in them (people like us lol) know that she is in contact with Slash and Meegan, so why make this sudden move? 

Im sure Axl also would know that Meegan and Slash are friends with Erin.

Maybe Erin thought getting on good terms with Axl would be through Slash and Meegan but I assume that failed? 

8 hours ago, RooSaa said:

maybe Erin felt betrayed by Meegan and Slash? There must definitely have happened something, you dont shut out your friends from your life over nothing ... This is defintely weird ...

betrayed?? About what? :question:

Like other posters said, I think some people give too much importance to social media and also seem to believe that if there is not a picture of every act of your daily life then you dont have a life or things didn't happen.

I don't equate her unfollowing Slash & Meegan on IG with having the friendship over in real life. That is really crazy to think about. They've known themselves for more than 20 years.

It is probably due to TB and minions bothering her with lots of speculation.

You dont need any social media to stay friends with people. There are still cellphones and whatsapp, more private ways to interact with friends.

5 hours ago, Italian girl said:

could she be jealous/sad about the fact that the old group of friends is back together again, except her?

:facepalm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frey said:

11 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:
12 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

These articles actually have some interesting stories in them lol.

But for Hamilton there’s one story from the early days that really stands out to her.

She said “One day I was driving Guns N’ Roses to rehearsal in a friend of mine’s car who had kids.

“And there were Ernie and Bert [Sesame Street toys] in the back seat. 

“I said, ‘Don’t mess with his kids’ toys.’ The next thing I know, I’m driving along and I smell burning."

She continued: “Axl was in the front seat with me and I look back to see they’ve taken Ernie and Bert, tied guitar strings around their necks and have them smoking cigarettes while being dangled out the window.

“I was like, ‘You’ve got to be kidding me.’ I was so pissed.

“I mean now it’s funny but it wasn’t funny then.”

:lol::facepalm:

“One of the things I’m proud of is that at least none of the band members died on my watch,” he says, his voice slower now. “That took a lot of effort. The bottom line is, you have to help them fight the battle, but only they can win the war. Slash went cold turkey in my home one time. I cleaned the vomit from his mouth, made sure he got clean. Then as soon as he’s clean, he calls a car and goes straight to his dealer. That was the sort of thing you were dealing with. You’d call Slash, say: ‘Come into the office, you’ve got an interview with Guitar Player magazine’. There was no interview. He’d come in and you’d stick him in a car, fly him off to Hawaii and put him on a golf course where he couldn’t score. We’d do that sort of thing.

“I put Steven on a plane one night to go to Hawaii, and he’s sitting in first class yelling: ‘We’re all going to fucking die… the plane’s going to fucking crash…’ Of course, they invite Mr Adler to exit the plane at that point, and so he’s back into LA and he can get to his dealer and his dealer can get to him and we’re fucked all over again.”

This nearly makes me feel sorry for Alan Niven. Can't have been easy watching out for their asses.

“In no way was it minor,” says Alan Niven. “Firing a member of a band is a pain in the ass. It was incredibly painful and frustrating. I’ve got to confess I’m still capable of a flash of red hot anger with Steven at that.”

Adler’s own recollections of the moment are fractured, perhaps understandably given the state he was in. “Man, I was fucked up, and I have never denied that, I couldn’t really deny it because it was pretty fuckin’ obvious…” he says. “But I wasn’t the only one. I remember one day Slash called me to go to the studio and play Civil War, I think it was. I’d been given an opiate blocker by a doctor. I still had opiates in my system and it made me so sick. I must have tried, like, 20 times to play it, but I couldn’t. I was very weak and I didn’t have my timing. Slash and Duff were shouting at me and telling me I was fucked up.

Slash and Duff and Niven being pissed off at Steven. Clearly wasn't just Axl who couldn't deal with Steven anymore.

Before he’d even put down his bags, the hotel manager said to him, ‘So you’re playing tonight?’

“Am I?” he’d replied absentmindedly, thinking to himself: ‘Man, you know why I’m here, you booked the meeting room for me,’ and then he’d picked up his key, taken the lift to his suite and put some music on, loud enough to shake the jetlag. Next thing he knew, there was an angry guy from the next suite along at his door complaining and when he looked up he realised that the angry guy at the door was Axl Rose. They hadn’t played together for 13 years.

Slash’s response is measured, guarded: “Well…” he says slowly, “I think that Axl’s always been difficult, but we managed. Because of the five individuals, and Alan, and Tom Zutaut, we managed to make it work. So you lose Steven, and then the Alan thing… I backed Alan all the way up to a certain point and then he did actually do something that set me off and I said: ‘I can’t fight for you any more’. But that was a volatile situation that was going to explode at some point. Alan wasn’t going to take Axl’s shit and Axl could not stand that, so it was a battle. I think in hindsight, although it wouldn’t have been any fun, but all we could have done differently was just to refuse Axl everything that he ever wanted. I don’t think it would have been very productive, but all things considered, what we ended up doing was going along with a lot of stuff just in order to be able to continue on, which built a monster. All I can see happening is that nothing would have happened, because it would have been at a standstill. I think we probably would have broken up a lot sooner. But I can’t support hiring Doug Goldstein as a manager. I knew that he was a creep from day one.”

Right. I'm sure that would have gone well. And while they were at it, they should have also taken Gene Simmons' advice and spanked him. :facepalm:

“Alan was somebody that I trusted, whereas I knew Doug was somebody that played both sides against the middle,” says Slash. “In other words, he’s telling me one thing, telling Axl another and appeasing Axl all the time. And I was aware of it, but at the same time, as long as shit was getting done I was okay. As long as we kept booking tours and I was sort of kept in the mix as far as the mechanics, that’s how we managed to get from 1990 to 1990-whatever. We had the world record for touring. Even when we lost Izzy because we had all those shows booked, I was just like, ‘Let’s keep going’.

“We make choices every day. With Use Your Illusion, Slash made a choice and I totally understood it, and to this day I don’t agree with it. One night, he and I were sitting alone in his house up in Laurel Canyon and he was really bemoaning what he thought Axl was doing to the band, and he was doing it in the context of the material he was writing. He felt it wasn’t Guns N’ Roses, he felt that he was being compromised by having to apply himself to it. He felt that one song of that kind of epic style might be appropriate, but so many? I looked at him and said: ‘You’ve got to express this’. And Slash looked at me and he said: ‘Listen, my father [an artist who designed album sleeves] has got a cupboard full of gold records, and he hasn’t got a pot to piss in.’ And that’s where he folded. From then on, Axl was in charge.”

That's some interesting insight into Slash's psyche here. Seems like he was terrified of ending up as a starving artist like his father.

And it also reminds me of something else Alan Niven said about Slash:

That Slash told him he was going to do whatever it takes as long as the money keeps rolling in (or maybe that's the same incident, only paraphrased?).

The Erin thing seems kinda worrying, but as of right now, we can't really know if means anything at all (like you said, they could be using whatsapp, etc.)

As for Slash, I also remember him talking in his book about how money was an issue in his family. Something about his father always getting upset about his grandmother finanically supporting their family, because it hurt his pride (and issues like this ultimately leading to the divorce of his parents). And I think he also mentioned his father living like a poor man or something after the divorce, same as he did above there according to Niven.

Guess that really left an impression on Slash.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1