GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

16 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Lol!! 

I don't know what to think. The end of guns? Like this :( I'll wait for a more informed report before I do my normal react now and think later. 

@SerenityScorp I told ya Axl belongs to Angus :P

I thought you were not going to the shows after Izzygate.  You might be right about Angxl/Axgus, but Axl is a bit of a tart, so he probably has more than one bromance on the go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

So now AC/DC fans are going to have the whole "they're just hired hands, it's not TRUE AC/DC!!" debate and debacle....HAHA!

There will be a debate for sure (there already is). I don't know if it will be focused on hired hands vs "real members" though. Little is known, if any at all, about AC/DC's internal affairs and the members' status (for example if it has been a solely Angus-Malcolm partnership or if Brian and Cliff have been partners as well), but I don't think AC/DC fans care about that. What counts for them is each one's history/contribution in the band.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There will be a debate for sure (there already is). I don't know if it will be focused on hired hands vs "real members" though. Little is known, if any at all, about AC/DC's internal affairs and the members' status (for example if it has been a solely Angus-Malcolm partnership or if Brian and Cliff have been partners as well), but I don't think AC/DC fans care about that. What counts for them is each one's history/contribution in the band.

It's always been a Young/Young/Young business.  Malcolm, Angus and George.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

I thought you were not going to the shows after Izzygate.  You might be right about Angxl/Axgus, but Axl is a bit of a tart, so he probably has more than one bromance on the go.

I know, that's why I'm trying not to react now and think later, like izzygate ;-) 

Im not doing too bad for me :D 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stella said:

Duff has a bunch of bands...why can't Axl? It doesn't necessarily mean he's done with GnR. I actually think it's good for him to be doing a project where he's doing something different and is not in control.

20 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I don't think it's the end of guns. Duff and Slash also have other bands. It can help Axl to see things differently and in the end can be beneficial for both bands

I hope :nervous:

Yes, but to down tools in the middle of the GNR tour (if that report is reliable) and go and start working on an AC/DC album, without having toured Europe, seems a bit like putting guns on the back burner big time, does it not? 

Never said I didn't want Axl to have another band, been pretty supportive of him in AC/DC. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, but to down tools in the middle of the GNR tour (if that report is reliable) and go and start working on an AC/DC album, without having toured Europe, seems a bit like putting guns on the back burner big time, does it not? 

Never said I didn't want Axl to have another band, been pretty supportive of him in AC/DC. 

Maybe that's why there has been no European dates announced yet for GnR.  That's a pity, was thinking of going to my first GnR concert.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Axl seems to enjoy AC/DC a lot so it wouldn't surprise to see new material from them first while GNR keeps the nostalgia going.

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

Axl seems to enjoy AC/DC a lot so it wouldn't surprise to see new material from them first while GNR keeps the nostalgia going.

Would be great (for me), but bad news for @Frey:o

rapidaxldc.jpg

The last paragraph of this is not the Brazilian journalist's words. It seems that whoever handles the Rapidfire fb page took the liberty to add his own speculation.

This is what the journalist tweeted:

23 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

''AC / DC will not end. Can save the tranquilizers. But yes, Angus will stay. He will hire musicians to play with him and his cousin(little error, he is talking about Stevie).''

''Axl also continues in AC / DC. I do not know if in this new phase, Axl does not put the Guns again in a pause, after the tour, to devote to the "new" AC / DC''

• Like 3

16 hours ago, john lennon said:

Been a while since I read it too, but if I remember it correctly he was out getting high and sleeping around with other women while she stayed home and made dinner, ish. Could be completely wrong tho.

I remember she was a perfect wife-type, cooking, cleaning, went to bed early, good honest citizen - and let Slash do whatever he wanted, although I don't  think she knew all that he was doing.

She made a comfortable family home, but he wasn't ready for that, yet.

I had this feeling this wasn't the end of Axl/DC but am curious about what the official word will be from their camp and said reactions. Knew Angus couldn't give Axl up lol! As long as he gives his focus to GNR too...I don't mind Axl fronting 2 bands. He has shown he has been able to balance it so far. I have faith in him! ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

I remember she was a perfect wife-type, cooking, cleaning, went to bed early, good honest citizen - and let Slash do whatever he wanted, although I don't  think she knew all that he was doing.

She made a comfortable family home, but he wasn't ready for that, yet.

Yeah, definitely not.  I think Slash has always had a side of being attracted to reckless people (Perla, Axl) and behavior.  She must have been way too normal for him back then.  I mean he used to brag that Perla was an ex-madam....so there you go. 

At first I thought that Meegan and "Megan" in Slash's book are different women. Slash portrayed "Megan" as very naive. He said that she didn't have a clue about him doing heroin and thought that he was only drunk, that she was buying his lies (e.g. when he went into rehab he had told her that he would be out of town for band's work) etc. I wonder how that was possible, considering that she was friends and roommates with Erin (I don't remember Slash mentioning it in the book) and they would talk about these things.

Edited by Blackstar

24 minutes ago, Kira said:

Yeah, definitely not.  I think Slash has always had a side of being attracted to reckless people (Perla, Axl) and behavior.  She must have been way too normal for him back then.  I mean he used to brag that Perla was an ex-madam....so there you go. 

I remember the Slaxl people discussing the exact same thing here once :lol: I guess they're right.

@MillionsOfSpiders LOL :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

At first I thought that Meegan and "Megan" in Slash's book are different women. Slash portrayed "Megan" as very naive. He said that she didn't have a clue about him doing heroin and thought that he was only drunk, that she was buying his lies (e.g. when he went into rehab he had told her that he would be out of town for band's work) etc. I wonder how that was possible, considering that she was friends and roommates with Erin (I don't remember Slash mentioning it in the book) and they would talk about these things.

I thought they must have been different women too....because, who lives with someone and does not know how to spell their name?? lol.