GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

41 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

She answered those questions to the fans? or the media? 

As far as I know she answered to the fans only in her IG or maybe her FB too. I only know what other fans have posted here over the years. I don't recall another Erin interview other than the one in People Magazine

1 minute ago, Jane M. said:

@Padme What did she say about those things?

About going to the show, she said something like she needed to get over things, to put the past behind her. About the Stephanie lawsuit, it was discussed here. She got a court order. She couldn't refuse because it was against the law. About the auction, she said she didn't do it with malice or bad intentions

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Padme said:

About going to the show, she said something like she needed to get over things, to put the past behind her. About the Stephanie lawsuit, it was discussed here. She got a court order. She couldn't refuse because it was against the law. About the auction, she said she didn't do it with malice or bad intentions

Now well lets see what she has to say about this thing, but I doubt she would say anything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

Now well lets see what she has to say about this thing, but I doubt she would say anything. 

I remember ( Well I remember it was posted here) right after the show she attened. She got millions of questions. The questions were like, do you miss him? Do you still love him? She deleted a lot of Axl pictures. That was her answered to those questions. :lol: But that was back then. I don't know how she would react to questions about Meegan and Slash. I guess if she gets 1 million questions instead of one she might get pissed off

10 hours ago, _Mia_ said:

she just deleted all her posts 

All? Wow!!! :o

I don't know how IG works. But I know that, at least in recent past, from time to time she used to close or hide her FB account. No reason given, just gone. Then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, everything was back again.

What I'm saying is that her IG may be up a running again in the near future. If she is following the same patron. As I said before so far her FB page is still there with all the Axl pictures and videos.

On 21/09/2016 at 6:43 PM, dgnr said:

Look at him, all proud of his other half. :wub: ' Good fuckin times! ', we know, Slash, we know

On 21/09/2016 at 10:53 PM, starlight said:

yay!! First time a picture of Axl appears on Slash's social networks! Of course he made sure tits were present too

Thts just Slash excuse to take a pic of Axl. He is too embarassed to take full shot of Axl :rolleyes:

Edited by SerenityScorp

22 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Thts just Slash excuse to take a pic of Axl. He is too embarassed to take full shot of Axl :rolleyes:

Yes I think the same...imo it's like he's afraid of being perceived as gay when it comes to his relationship with Axl he must be aware of the Slaxl rumors :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starlight said:

Yes I think the same...imo it's like he's afraid of being perceived as gay when it comes to his relationship with Axl he must be aware of the Slaxl rumors :rolleyes:

Yes. Slash isn't particularly homophobic in practice and supports a lot of LGBT causes, etc., but he has a long history of going "no homo" in various situations (usually where Axl is concerned lol) and he sometimes uses "gay" to describe things that he doesn't like/approve of.

The most famous example will always be "not that we were soulmates or anything" (because it's amusing he even felt the need to say that), but there are a few others too that I remember being discussed in this thread.

It's funny how back in the 80s and early 90s Slash had no problem saying very personal and sweet things about Axl and was constantly cuddling wth him on stage, but in more recent years he's tried to play his and Axl's relationship down as much as he can and he barely reacts to him. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yes. Slash isn't particularly homophobic in practice and supports a lot of LGBT causes, etc., but he has a long history of going "no homo" in various situations (usually where Axl is concerned lol) and he sometimes uses "gay" to describe things that he doesn't like/approve of.

The most famous example will always be "not that we were soulmates or anything" (because it's amusing he even felt the need to say that), but there are a few others too that I remember being discussed in this thread.

It's funny how back in the 80s and early 90s Slash had no problem saying very personal and sweet things about Axl and was constantly cuddling wth him on stage, but in more recent years he's tried to play his and Axl's relationship down as much as he can and he barely reacts to him. :rolleyes:

"And all these other gay bands back then..."

Slash really does seem to be backpedalling nowadays, question is why. Potentially being perceived as gay didn't seem to bother him too much back in the day.

17 minutes ago, Asia said:

I remember how in the first snakepit era he was saying in one of the MTV interviews that he and Axl are a marriage just without the opposite sex. And Eric Dover interfered to add that also without consumating. It was kinda funny.

I thought I had seen all Snakepit interviews, but don't remember ever watching one like that. Do you have a link?

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

I remember how in the first snakepit era he was saying in one of the MTV interviews that he and Axl are a marriage just without the opposite sex. And Eric Dover interfered to add that also without consumating. It was kinda funny.

How often have these two (Axl and Slash) compared their relationship to a marriage anyway? I feel like I've come across them saying that in at least 5 different interviews.

And what would Eric Dover know about the latter bit anyway :awesomeface:

1 minute ago, Frey said:

"And all these other gay bands back then..."

Slash really does seem to be backpedalling nowadays, question is why. Potentially being perceived as gay didn't seem to bother him too much back in the day.

I thought I had seen all Snakepit interviews, but don't remember ever watching one like that. Do you have a link?

Yes, for example.

As for why... I mean on the one hand these issues are much less taboo nowadays than they were back then and people are therefore also more likely to consider a possibility like that, but on the other hand, it's not like the Slaxl topic was ever publically talked about. There've never been any articles speculating about Slash and Axl's relationship (neither in gossip rags nor serious publications) or anything else along these lines, so...? Does he really care so much what a couple of hardcore fans and some people on the internet might think? :P

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

It may be a case of "it's okay for others but not for me" and now he's older and sober so now he actually thinks about how it can be perceived, when he was younger he didnt.

34 minutes ago, Asia said:

Here, for example, it seems to me he was thinking about how strong the relationship was emotionally and that's it but damn, Eric, ruining our fun :lol:

5 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

How often have these two (Axl and Slash) compared their relationship to a marriage anyway? I feel like I've come across them saying that in at least 5 different interviews.

And what would Eric Dover know about the latter bit anyway :awesomeface:

Yes, for example.

As for why... I mean on the one hand these issues are much less taboo nowadays than they were back then and people are therefore also more likely to consider a possibility like that, but on the other hand, it's not like the Slaxl topic was ever publically talked about. There've never been any articles speculating about Slash and Axl's relationship (neither in gossip rags nor serious publications) or anything else along these lines, so...? Does he really care so much what a couple of hardcore fans and some people on the internet might think? :P

Maybe now after years of distance he thinks that the relationship was more charged that a normal friendship and he downplays it because he cant explain to himself it was so complicated?

Axl doesn't give a fuck, he compared it to a marriage (it was a divorce) in 2000 during the rolling stone interview 

• Like 1

@Lumikki i have this two quote about Slaxl as a marriage, both by Axl

INTERVIEW: Do you think that having a relationship with a band, has to do with the same things as having a relationship with a person?

AXL: Yes, l think so. Especially with Slash and it’s definitely a marriage ( 1992)

Slash’s name pops up repeatedly, invoked in a way that suggests a shellshocked husband speaking of an ex-wife after a particularly horrific divorce. “It is a divorce,” Rose says with a sad stare.  (Rolling Stone, 2000)