GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The only GN'R original member who looks really good and non fat is Duff. Although he's got the Sharpei wrinkles @Lumikki described the other day :rofl-lol:

Slash is fat all over, triple chin and all but I dont know why people never give him shit for it. I guess its because Axl's an easy target. People hate him for his past so anything that shames him and puts him down will be used as "punishment".

lol society and their punishments :rolleyes:

Wait, I dont understand this picture thing. What you guys mean Google used it as his official profile pic? What.. how?? Never saw it.

What I think it is indignant is that some news websites use that pic to illustrate any Guns N' Roses or Axl article and they do it on purpose. I know they do. There are loads of pics of him from this new era but they use that one and others that are totally fake. He was never fat like that. I think the fatter he was, it was in 2014.

Didn't people see him on Jimmy Kimmel? That was 2 years after that stupid picture YET everybody acts like he was still looking like that.

It's pure hate. I don't get it. Axl is no angel but why do people obsess so much to the point of hurting someone they probably have never met and never will?

I dont like a lot of artists but I wouldn't waste one second of my life looking for their pictures, doctorize them or make memes. Only teenagers have time for that.

Yes, it was used as his official Google picture, whenever I typed in GnR or Axl, that was the pic. Then ACDC listed him as a member on their official websit and that was the pic, they obviously just used google. That's when the shit hit the fan, I reckon. 

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, it was used as his official Google picture, whenever I typed in GnR or Axl, that was the pic. Then ACDC listed him as a member on their official websit and that was the pic, they obviously just used google. That's when the shit hit the fan, I reckon. 

I never saw that and AC/DC???? what the fucking fuck? are they out of their minds??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I never saw that and AC/DC???? what the fucking fuck? are they out of their minds??

I know, puts a whole new spin on it doesn't it. I don't think his official pic would've been changed either had he not complained. I can't find anywhere where's he has complained about the memes or jokes. The notice was put in to google specifically, it's obvious why. 

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I know, puts a whole new spin on it doesn't it. I don't think his official pic would've been changed either had he not complained. I can't find anywhere where's he has complained about the memes or jokes. The notice was put in to google specifically, it's obvious why. 

Totally.

So where do I see this official picture thing?

I hope he gets a case then, sues their fucking asses off. Now Im mad :anger:

32 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The only GN'R original member who looks really good and non fat is Duff. Although he's got the Sharpei wrinkles @Lumikki described the other day :rofl-lol:

Slash is fat all over, triple chin and all but I dont know why people never give him shit for it. I guess its because Axl's an easy target. People hate him for his past so anything that shames him and puts him down will be used as "punishment".

Wait, I dont understand this picture thing. What you guys mean Google used it as his official profile pic? What.. how?? Never saw it.

What I think it is indignant is that some news websites use that pic to illustrate any Guns N' Roses or Axl article and they do it on purpose. I know they do. There are loads of pics of him from this new era but they use that one and others that are totally fake. He was never fat like that. I think the fatter he was, it was in 2014.

Didn't people see him on Jimmy Kimmel? That was 2 years after that stupid picture YET everybody acts like he was still looking like that.

It's pure hate. I don't get it. Axl is no angel but why do people obsess so much to the point of hurting someone they probably have never met and never will?

I dont like a lot of artists but I wouldn't waste one second of my life looking for their pictures, doctorize them or make memes. Only teenagers have time for that.

If you Google someone who is famous in Google, you usually get a little blurb with basic info and photos about them in the righthand side of the screen. Here's Axl's right now, and Prince Harry's as a random example.

Unfortunately I think that the general public hasn't followed Axl very much over the past decade. They know him as the crazy angry guy who broke up the original GnR and they don't bother to dig deeper. A lot of people don't like him, and a lot of that is based on misinformation. Do I think someone may have chosen unflattering photos of him for Google deliberately? Absolutely. He's been photographed a lot and there's really no compelling reason to choose that particular image to represent him.

xl Googkle.jpg

harry.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

Totally.

So where do I see this official picture thing?

I hope he gets a case then, sues their fucking asses off. Now Im mad :anger:

I read it somewhere, he put the notice in to google. I just assume it's because they were using it as his official pic. 

Ok. Here's what I see :(

0002 10-Jun-16 19.16.jpg

Somehow I don't think those pictures have been "picked by hand" to appear there. It looks like the page will suck in whatever pictures of him are trending and display it on the home.

This is the first time I see that picture there, though. Never happened before so I think its something with the algorythm and the popularity of the photos.

6 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

This is very true I think. Despite Axl doing great with AC/DC and GnR recently, he has an absolutely terrible reputation with the general public. People love to hate Axl and think of him as an asshole, many without even knowing why they think that. They just know that that's what he "is", because that's the image of him they've absorbed from the media and popular culture.

Slash by contrast is everyone and their grandmother's favorite guitar hero. And to his credit, he's worked hard over the years to establish a reputation as a nice, respectable and professional guy. He's a real media darling.

So yeah, people have no interest in tearing Slash down, because he's well-liked and respected by nearly everyone. But Axl is an easy target and people don't feel to guilty about being nasty to him. He's and insane megalomaniac and an asshole and the guy who ruined the band after all.

Unfortunately, Axl is also the guy who's the most sensitive about this kind of thing among them. People know it's easy to get a rise out of him which makes it even more fun for them. Slash and Duff most likely would just shrug something like that off, but I'm sure it gets to Axl a lot. I feel bad for him because he's probably pretty hurt by the whole thing.

Urgh, what a stupid situation and what a sad post. Here's a cute picture of Axl saying hello to a child in the audience to make up for it:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/sgri1i.jpg~original

You're spot on with all of what you said. Every single word.

Makes me so sad. My Axl, he's not perfect but he's a great artist. :cry:

What a shame people can't enjoy the music and the voice of this man while he's still alive. All they want to do is to hurt him so when he passes away they will be like "oh damn Axl was really good"

FUCK YOU!

ps: Beautiful picture Lumikki. Thanks for posting. :hug:

• Like 1

That's the sad thing - whenever one of these celebrities/rock stars dies, everyone's slavishly praising them left, right and center...when Prince and David Bowie died, there were people praising them on my social media who had never said two words about either of them before, and now suddenly were crushed. I think at some point a lot of people just follow the herd.

Anyway, it makes you wonder why nobody bothers saying nice things or being kind to these celebrities when they're alive (the same is true for non-celebs - Aunt Millie dies, and everyone ignored her for years and never visited her, and yet everyone comes out of the woodwork at her funeral, etc...). The same people who are treated like punching bags when they're alive are suddenly revered by the press when they're dead.  Amy Winehouse was subjected to a lot of really nasty press when she was alive, and there were lots of lulz looking at those photos of her when she seemed to be doing drugs onstage, and the magazines didn't mind printing and posting them, but suddenly she was dead and hey, it wasn't so funny anymore, was it?

I really wish society in general would stop commenting negatively on weight too, FWIW. It's nobody's business what someone weighs. So someone's chubby. So someone else is very thin. So? It's their body, and when everyone mocks it, it makes people uncomfortable in their own skin. Axl could look like Jabba the Hutt, if he sings well, that's what matters IMHO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stella said:

Axl could look like Jabba the Hutt, if he sings well, that's what matters IMHO.

*Jabba the Hutt pokes his head*

jabba-the-hutt.jpg

girls I can't keep up with you! 4 pages in one day!:wow:

Edited by Carlycosmos
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

*Jabba the Hutt pokes his head*

jabba-the-hutt.jpg

girls I can't keep up with you! 4 pages in one day!:wow:

There are lot of pictures, no worries :shades:

Btw. Looking at this pic I finally know what Slash's neck reminds me of :smiley-confused2:

37 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Btw. Looking at this pic I finally know what Slash's neck reminds me of :smiley-confused2:

HAHAHAHAAHA! Me too! :rofl-lol:

36 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

By the way have you seen this?
We have to find that girl and ask her HOW it felt to the touch.

JK:P

man44.jpg.0c3d35e31c558ef8c86e80b572f34106.jpg

Yeah, I saw it at the AXL/DC section.

That hand should have gone a little more down below :P

And you know what would have been the best? If he would be wearing the TOUCH ME, FEEL ME tshirt :rofl-lol:

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yea if you went on google search typed in Guns N Roses it would list in a box like their official page band pictures and member names with any social media accounts linked to them, under all that of course is normal search results. I dont know who puts it there and how pictures are chosen  but Axl's pic was always from where he was younger and stayed the same for a very long time. Google updated to add Melissa, and the current lineup removing DJ as member as well then that's when the Axl pic changed. The wikipedia is also listed there as well but wikipedia pic is Axl in 2010, a much better picture though and not the same one.

Maybe i'm confused but in this picture from 2010 he looks fine to me. Not fat and more fit. So yea major photoshopping imo on the other pic. This pic I believe is same day. Hope it's okay I posted it if not I can remove.

axl.JPG

2 hours ago, stella said:

If you Google someone who is famous in Google, you usually get a little blurb with basic info and photos about them in the righthand side of the screen. Here's Axl's right now, and Prince Harry's as a random example.

Unfortunately I think that the general public hasn't followed Axl very much over the past decade. They know him as the crazy angry guy who broke up the original GnR and they don't bother to dig deeper. A lot of people don't like him, and a lot of that is based on misinformation. Do I think someone may have chosen unflattering photos of him for Google deliberately? Absolutely. He's been photographed a lot and there's really no compelling reason to choose that particular image to represent him.

xl Googkle.jpg

harry.jpg

I ssen in on the guns n roses search under band member names so seems it must have been linked to both. Was trting to get a good picture of it to show how that one shows up too.

1 hour ago, BOSSY78 said:

Yea if you went on google search typed in Guns N Roses it would list in a box like their official page band pictures and member names with any social media accounts linked to them, under all that of course is normal search results. I dont know who puts it there and how pictures are chosen  but Axl's pic was always from where he was younger and stayed the same for a very long time. Google updated to add Melissa, and the current lineup removing DJ as member as well then that's when the Axl pic changed. The wikipedia is also listed there as well but wikipedia pic is Axl in 2010, a much better picture though and not the same one.

Maybe i'm confused but in this picture from 2010 he looks fine to me. Not fat and more fit. So yea major photoshopping imo on the other pic. This pic I believe is same day. Hope it's okay I posted it if not I can remove.

axl.JPG

Ive known for years that picture was touched to make him look fat.

Mitch Lafon showed me the pictures he took on the same show and he doesn't look at all like in that picture.

I hope the person who did that gets some really bad disease in return for being such a fucking asshole, destroyer of lives.